Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 100804 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #320 on: March 5, 2012, 10:26:08 pm »
Robocop remake was shelved ages ago, thankfully. It won't happen.

Nope, google it mate, they have selected a director and casting is happening in Hollywood. Darren Aronowski was once attached and that fell apart due the financial problems at MGM.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #321 on: March 5, 2012, 10:56:22 pm »
Oh sweet Jesus fucking Christ.

Fuck the fuck off Hollywood, please.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #322 on: March 5, 2012, 11:32:35 pm »
Oh sweet Jesus fucking Christ.

Fuck the fuck off Hollywood, please.

as long as they dont touch commando....

oh wait....

:butt
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: March 6, 2012, 09:03:23 am »
A PG-13 Alien film isn't right, I hope it gets released with an 18 rating.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: March 6, 2012, 10:08:32 am »
Sorry man, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/

So far we know the director is Jose Padilha, Brasilian director of Elite Squad

Lots of rumours around casting right now.

Before looking at that link, I didn't realise there was an unrated directors cut of Robocop. With a more graphic ED-209 demonstration and the slaying of Murphy. And even better, I think I already have it on Blu ray, but have not watched it yet.  That's tonight sorted for me.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #325 on: March 6, 2012, 07:02:39 pm »
The blu of Robocop I've got has a disappointingly sloppy transfer. Looks great in some scenes but like a VHS in others. Still, awesome film.

Im hoping this go round at the remake will be binned until Aronofsky is available again. I reckon that would be a bit special.

He's also not doing the Wolverine sequel now, is he? Lame.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #326 on: March 7, 2012, 03:00:59 pm »
theres some pretty gruesome scenes in prometheus (heads caved in gruesome)... so there will almost certainly be an 18 version i imagine

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #327 on: March 7, 2012, 04:23:57 pm »
as long as they dont touch commando....

oh wait....

:butt

You best be joking mate. Commando as in the Arnie flick? Seriousley?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #328 on: March 7, 2012, 04:25:14 pm »
Before looking at that link, I didn't realise there was an unrated directors cut of Robocop. With a more graphic ED-209 demonstration and the slaying of Murphy. And even better, I think I already have it on Blu ray, but have not watched it yet.  That's tonight sorted for me.
Dont hold ya breath mate. Its about 7 seconds in total extra!

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #330 on: March 7, 2012, 04:41:03 pm »
Meh, that's just the scene when a RAWK moderator logs in to the site, to unleash their powers.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2012, 11:35:11 am »
Just read that, Fincher still wanted nothing to do with it, but pretty sure it was/has been billed as the directors cut, lying marketing bastards. There is another version, a 2010 dvd/bluray version which is better quality because they redid the ADR, which hadnt been done on the original quadrilogy version.

Finally got round to finding this on a torrent. Cant find one called "fincher's directors cut" but found a Blu ray directors cut, reckon thats it?

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2012, 01:54:27 pm »
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! I'm about to eat some curry and I think I like it.

Haven't felt this excited about a film since Lord of the Ring series.

Anyone know if it's a one-off or if they went with the two parter as planned?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2012, 02:12:13 pm »
Finally got round to finding this on a torrent. Cant find one called "fincher's directors cut" but found a Blu ray directors cut, reckon thats it?
Well as on the other page, apparantly its not his cut, even though it was marketed as being so, at least I remember it like that, its actually called the assembly cut. But if its the special edtion bluray from from 2010 then I think it must be it, its the better release to get as well. They redid the ADR on the bluray, where as the one I've seen it was with the orginal sound recording. You will know if its the right one as the begining is different from the original release.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2012, 02:21:22 pm »
Well as on the other page, apparantly its not his cut, even though it was marketed as being so, at least I remember it like that, its actually called the assembly cut. But if its the special edtion bluray from from 2010 then I think it must be it, its the better release to get as well. They redid the ADR on the bluray, where as the one I've seen it was with the orginal sound recording. You will know if its the right one as the begining is different from the original release.

Ahh ok, sorry to be a pain, do you know whats different in the fincher cut as ive got two playing side by side and they look identical at the start, maybe ive just got two original versions.

Edit, ahh ok, one copy a crew find Ripley in the ship. In another one guy finds her on her own and brings her back to a facility. Think the second one is the D-cut one.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:24:45 pm by Beav »

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2012, 02:27:58 pm »
In another one guy finds her on her own and brings her back to a facility. Think the second one is the D-cut one.
Yup, didnt go into to much detail as didnt want to give a spoiler but thats how the assembly cut starts.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2012, 03:39:09 pm »
Cool, cheers mate.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2012, 06:04:39 pm »
Vaguely related to this thread, I discovered a little known and totally useless factoid yesterday when checking something else out.
Apparently the sound of the Tiger tanks turret rotating from Kelly's Heroes was also (re)used in Aliens for the sound of the power lifters.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #338 on: March 13, 2012, 11:44:50 am »
You best be joking mate. Commando as in the Arnie flick? Seriousley?

huge talk about it last year.

Heard the script was done, they were trying to cast for it and  Sam Worthington was touted as the lead role...

but dont worry...

'producer John Davis to get an update. "We have a really great script," he said. "I don't know if it really makes sense to call it 'Commando.' It is the reboot of it. It is David Ayer, who did 'Training Day.' He wrote it and wants to direct it. It is just waiting for the right moment for the studio to want to make it and finding the right actor."

Apparently Worthington is not on board yet. Davis added that the plan is to make the film R-rated. "Definitely. Right now the script that is written is a hard R."

:(

sorry but had to reply in here...

now back on topic...

:)
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #339 on: March 13, 2012, 03:31:35 pm »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #340 on: March 13, 2012, 03:32:26 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #341 on: March 13, 2012, 03:33:02 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #342 on: March 13, 2012, 03:33:30 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #343 on: March 13, 2012, 03:34:07 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #344 on: March 13, 2012, 03:34:55 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #345 on: March 13, 2012, 03:35:13 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #346 on: March 13, 2012, 03:35:50 pm »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #347 on: March 13, 2012, 03:38:17 pm »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #348 on: March 13, 2012, 04:17:03 pm »
Ahh ok, sorry to be a pain, do you know whats different in the fincher cut as ive got two playing side by side and they look identical at the start, maybe ive just got two original versions.

Edit, ahh ok, one copy a crew find Ripley in the ship. In another one guy finds her on her own and brings her back to a facility. Think the second one is the D-cut one.
could you pm me the link to the "fincher cut" please mate?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2012, 04:18:18 pm »
Vaguely related to this thread, I discovered a little known and totally useless factoid yesterday when checking something else out.
Apparently the sound of the Tiger tanks turret rotating from Kelly's Heroes was also (re)used in Aliens for the sound of the power lifters.

Hahahaha, sweet. Gives me an excuse to watch them again ;)

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: March 13, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »
could you pm me the link to the "fincher cut" please mate?

Sent.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #351 on: March 14, 2012, 10:15:19 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/umU6cenjctI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/umU6cenjctI</a>

Trailer for a trailer. What will they think of next.

Offline Casablancas

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #352 on: March 14, 2012, 10:24:19 pm »
The original ALIEN started on E4 20 mins ago, stunning film.
Without the sunglasses, Weekend at Bernie's would have been a very dark, strange tale.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #353 on: March 14, 2012, 10:25:34 pm »

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #354 on: March 17, 2012, 11:29:50 am »
another new teaser trailer:

http://tinyurl.com/7cm7nvc

should be a longer one out today or tomorrow. but beware...it contains a lot of spoilers

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: March 17, 2012, 06:07:00 pm »
another new teaser trailer:

http://tinyurl.com/7cm7nvc

should be a longer one out today or tomorrow. but beware...it contains a lot of spoilers

Orgasm

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: March 17, 2012, 06:07:51 pm »
my god im excited for this movie, more than words can describe

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #357 on: March 17, 2012, 07:57:03 pm »
I think I just did a sex wee.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #358 on: March 17, 2012, 08:13:44 pm »
Love the jump cuts. Face huggers? Simply cannot wait for this, and will see it on the biggest IMAX possible.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #359 on: March 17, 2012, 09:07:14 pm »
 :shocked

That is all.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA