Author Topic: Southampton vs Liverpool. March 1st 2014. 17.30 KO  (Read 72793 times)

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Southampton vs Liverpool. March 1st 2014. 17.30 KO
« Reply #280 on: February 26, 2014, 01:42:10 pm »
Win this & Ill be getting on the believe band Wagon. Big win against Utd & Ill be printing 'believe' tshirts.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: February 26, 2014, 02:00:11 pm »
Not pissing my pants like most on here. As already mentioned, we were experimenting abit when they played us at home and it went badly wrong. Brendan has learnt a lot since then, all we need is for a couple of our attackers to be up for it and we can beat anybody. So many players on form that can hurt teams ATM that we shouldn't be afraid of poxy Southampton. Bring it on, it's payback time!

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: February 26, 2014, 02:04:42 pm »
There is a good argument for starting with Coutinho to keep the pattern of the Everton and Arsenal games but I wonder if starting Allen alongside Gerrard and Henderson ahead would work better, freeing Gerrard a bit to find his passing range in a way that's difficult as a 1 if you're playing a counterattacking game. His passing suffers in terms of completion rate in counterattacking games anyway, as we don't maintain possession and make as many short passes.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: February 26, 2014, 02:23:34 pm »
Not pissing my pants like most on here.

There is no reason to, really. Their defense isn't really that bullet proof and their recent record indicates that they have nothing to play for at the moment.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: February 26, 2014, 02:35:29 pm »
how does Southampton lineup as of late - ie who are their main 11.

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #285 on: February 26, 2014, 02:35:48 pm »
Win this & Ill be getting on the believe band Wagon. Big win against Utd & Ill be printing 'believe' tshirts.

hahaha brilliant

Offline TheDarkKnight

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers' Tricky Reds
« Reply #286 on: February 26, 2014, 02:54:35 pm »
I'm going to this. My previous three visits to Southampton didn't give much to shout about- treble season we played at the Dell early in the campaign, were 0-3 up with UNDER half hour left, drew 3-3! Went the St Mary's game in Rafa's first season, lost 2-0 with Crouch scoring both. Then at last season's horror show, we had smashed Wigan then beat Tottenham in the matches preceding it leaving that small linger of hope that 4th was still, barely, alive. Was obviously dashed there and then in the 3-1.

So, based on that alone, I don't have much confidence this Saturday. Of all our games left, despite a trip to Man Utd, home games against Chelsea and Manchester City this, a trip to Southampton, is the game I'm most fearful of a loss. There is no doubt that a few of our players struggle against teams who press, and Southampton press as well as anyone in the Premier League.

Having said that, clearly the defeat there last season was partly down to our going in with just two central midfielders (which excluded our best defensive midfielder, Lucas, while Allen played in spite of an injury) and four players licensed to effectively stay forward. Then this season in the home game I guess we could look at the fact that we were without Suarez and Coutinho (and Sterling, although he wasn't seen then as the player he is now) while we weirdly played four centre-backs. So I'm trying to be positive and just hope that Rodgers has learned his lessons from previous encounters with Pochettino's Saints.

It will certainly be tough either way. I know their season is, to all intents and purposes, finished; they can't finish any higher than 8th realistically, but top half is a foregone conclusion too. Despite that, make no qualms that they would love to do the double over a club like Liverpool and, who knows, with us likely to be in the Champions League next season some of their players may even put in that extra effort to try and get noticed. So we'll need to be on the top of our attacking game, as we have been in our last three matches, but absolutely must tighten up defensively to have a chance of winning this; these are more likely to punish us than Swansea did, players Lallana and Rodriguez have scored lots of goals this season. Lambert's been below par in comparison to last season but is bound to raise his game for the visit of his boyhood club. Tactically they match up well against us, as said we do struggle with teams that relentlessly press us while they struggle more against teams that play long (see: their loss at West Ham last week, their recent draw at home to Stoke) but played very well in their home matches against good footballing sides like Arsenal and Man City.

Dilemma for Rodgers' team selection with Allen having such a positive impact on us when he came on against Swansea. He certainly tightens us up defensively when Coutinho is off colour and is better at controlling games but if he came in for Coutinho then we'd be less of a threat in the final third. Could always replace Sterling, whose shown small signs of fatigue in our last two league games, which would allow Coutinho to go wide left. To the guy who suggested we put one of Suarez/Sturridge on the bench for this, no thanks. I'd have Sturridge wide right to give Luke Shaw a decision to make with regards steaming forward at every opportunity. Regardless, we need SAS both to play here because it's unlikely we'll get as many chances as usual so need our most clinical players on the pitch to take any that come our way. I'd keep Agger in over Toure, for sure. Cissokho in for Johnson would be understandable but I doubt it happens.

Win this and I will genuinely feel like we can win the title. Draw it and I'd still be super confident of top four. Lose and, well, we'd have to see how other results around us go before jumping to any conclusions. I'm just glad that we're getting the game that is, for my money, our most difficult remaining out of the way. Also, I do take belief from the fact we've ended other hoodoos this season, with the wins at Tottenham, Stoke and home to Arsenal (all games in which we scored five goals, for those of you who may a pattern developing...).

It's a shame we can't bring Emile Heskey back to notch the winner like he did there in 2003.

Any win would do. I'd take another nerve-wracking 4-3 if it meant we came out with the three points.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #287 on: February 26, 2014, 03:13:40 pm »
how does Southampton lineup as of late - ie who are their main 11.

Their 3-1 away loss against West Ham was the following:

Boruc

Chambers      Yoshida            Fonte          Shaw

Schneiderlin      Cork        Davis       Lallana

Rodriguez    Lambert

I dont know whether they played Rodriguez wide in a 5 man midfield though, i didnt watch the match. They had  Clyne, Lovren and Ramírez on the bench.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: February 26, 2014, 03:31:09 pm »
Thanks - from the little I've read of them this season (and seen) - Lovren, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Rodriguez, Lambert, Lallana, Boruc have been key players (or so the media hypes them up to be).  Also Wanyama and maybe Gaston Ramirez?

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline Kris

• Kemlynite
  • Who is bigger than Liverpool?
« Reply #290 on: February 26, 2014, 03:35:16 pm »
Surely their high pressing will benefit us considering we usually smash teams best when we counter?

Obviously our defence has been slightly shaky but i think if Coutinho has a good game, he will have the opportunity to feed the likes of suarez and sturridge through behind the defence.

Lets just see :)

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #291 on: February 26, 2014, 03:41:16 pm »
I'm going to this. My previous three visits to Southampton didn't give much to shout about- treble season we played at the Dell early in the campaign, were 0-3 up with UNDER half hour left, drew 3-3! Went the St Mary's game in Rafa's first season, lost 2-0 with Crouch scoring both. Then at last season's horror show, we had smashed Wigan then beat Tottenham in the matches preceding it leaving that small linger of hope that 4th was still, barely, alive. Was obviously dashed there and then in the 3-1.

Seems obvious to me...you've jinxed it...do us all a fave n don't go.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #292 on: February 26, 2014, 03:43:21 pm »
Seems obvious to me...you've jinxed it...do us all a fave n don't go.
I agree with I was there, who wasn't there when you were there and don't got there, I'm not going there either, so there.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #293 on: February 26, 2014, 03:45:13 pm »
I agree with I was there, who wasn't there when you were there and don't got there, I'm not going there either, so there.
LMFCO :wave
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #294 on: February 26, 2014, 03:48:37 pm »
I think Allen starts. The worst result here is a defeat and its the first thing to avoid. Surely Brendan will take note of the impact Allen had away at West Brom when we lost control of the game, and again against Swansea on Sunday?

Its an away game and we can afford to be more cautious while expecting that Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling can find enough openings to create scoring chances.

I fear this fixture and I think in our previous visits we haven't shown enough respect and been punished. I hope for a pragmatic line-up and a professional display topped off by a moment or two of genius to take the points.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #295 on: February 26, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »
Our big mistake was playing with four central defenders in the home game. Our second mistake was playing Aspas central and Henderson on the right. If we'd switched those two positions, we might have had more joy. Southampton will play their usual 4-2-3-1, with the tight, pressing "3" behind Lambert (or whoever they play up front). So the key question is how do we cope with that. Luckily, the way we've been playing recently (as opposed to last season in the same fixture, say) is more able to hurt Southampton in terms of beating the press. Gerrard's accurate long passes over the pressing midfielders should put them on the back foot and facing their own goal. The attacking trio of Sterling/Suarez and Sturridge is enough to cause them problems, and you have to think that Suarez will score again very soon. It won't be an easy game, but their "bogeyness" has been as much our own doing as any quality they have themselves. If Rodgers plays a tactically balanced team, we should have enough to win this one, but it won't be comfortable. A one-game return to 3-5-2 with Sterling as right wing-back, and Flanagan on the left could pay dividends, but is probably not the direction Rodgers will go in.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline tossinho

• Anny Roader
« Reply #296 on: February 26, 2014, 04:07:32 pm »
2013-03-16   Southampton   3-1   Liverpool
2005-01-22   Southampton   2-0   Liverpool
2004-03-14   Southampton   2-0   Liverpool
2003-01-18   Southampton   0-1   Liverpool
2002-01-09    Southampton   2-0   Liverpool

Haven't beaten them away since 2003, I'd say it's about damn time we do!

This how their line-up's been lately. Lallana and Rodriguez swapping sides from time to time.

------------A. Boruc
C. Chambers - J. Fonte - M. Yoshida - L. Shaw
-------J. Cork -  M. Schneiderlin
--A. Lallana - S. Davis- J. Rodriguez
-----------R. Lambert

Previous meeting we let in a goal from set piece, poor defending from Agger who couldn't follow Fonte. With that in mind, + Rodgers' criticism of Aggers lack of copeing with the physical players in PL, it could be Kolo starting alongside with Skrtel. I'd prefer Agger before both of those, but wouldn't be surprised if he's at the bench on sunday. Guessing we won't be pressing high, therefore Sterling should be starting for the counter attacks. I'd like to see:

--------Mignolet
Flanno-Skrtel-Agger-Johnson(No fcking Cissokho!)
---Hendo-Gerrard-Allen
--Sturridge-Suarez-Sterling

We'll lose 2-1 after taking an early lead, sadly. Pessimist forever!
I love inside jokes... I’d love to be a part of one someday!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #297 on: February 26, 2014, 04:09:08 pm »

We'll lose 2-1 after taking an early lead, sadly. Pessimist forever!

If we do take an early lead we'll probably go on to score 4 or 5.  Eternal optomist.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #298 on: February 26, 2014, 04:12:37 pm »
That game won't be a low-scoring one even though both team know how to keep the ball. It can swing either way. We need Lady Luck.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #299 on: February 26, 2014, 04:16:55 pm »
Our big mistake was playing with four central defenders in the home game. Our second mistake was playing Aspas central and Henderson on the right. If we'd switched those two positions, we might have had more joy. Southampton will play their usual 4-2-3-1, with the tight, pressing "3" behind Lambert (or whoever they play up front). So the key question is how do we cope with that. Luckily, the way we've been playing recently (as opposed to last season in the same fixture, say) is more able to hurt Southampton in terms of beating the press. Gerrard's accurate long passes over the pressing midfielders should put them on the back foot and facing their own goal. The attacking trio of Sterling/Suarez and Sturridge is enough to cause them problems, and you have to think that Suarez will score again very soon. It won't be an easy game, but their "bogeyness" has been as much our own doing as any quality they have themselves. If Rodgers plays a tactically balanced team, we should have enough to win this one, but it won't be comfortable. A one-game return to 3-5-2 with Sterling as right wing-back, and Flanagan on the left could pay dividends, but is probably not the direction Rodgers will go in.

Do you reckon their fitness level has fallen due to the way they play (a lot of pressing is arguably more demanding than falling back), or have they organized their training to "last all season"?

Just looking how successful they were in the first half of the season, that alone might be an indicator of that they tired physically?
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »
Hopefully our end will be bouncin,half 5 kick off,flags,scarves,ETC,massive massive game,no game for a fortnight after this one....

Offline tossinho

• Anny Roader
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2014, 04:25:54 pm »
If we do take an early lead we'll probably go on to score 4 or 5.  Eternal optomist.

Given that 4 out of 6 teams who's played Soton away in 2014 have been scoring atleast 2 goals (Chelsea and Burnley 3, Arsenal and Stoke 2. WBA and Yeovil teams that failed to score.), you're probably right, and I hope you are. Just got a bad feeling, as always! Been proven wrong many times this season, which is alot easier to cope with than having high expectations and experience games like WBA, Hull, Villa...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2014, 04:41:05 pm »
Do you reckon their fitness level has fallen due to the way they play (a lot of pressing is arguably more demanding than falling back), or have they organized their training to "last all season"?

Just looking how successful they were in the first half of the season, that alone might be an indicator of that they tired physically?

Yes. And I said as much in the Southampton thread in the General forum earlier this season - to play that way requires a large squad, OR a consistent source of goals. You can push yourself through fatigue if you are seeing the rewards. It's very hard to press for 38 games of a season knowing in the back of your mind that your team won't do anything much with the regained possessions. So you end up getting fatigued mentally and physically because it's a lot of effort for little reward.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #304 on: February 26, 2014, 04:46:45 pm »
Is wanyama injured?

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #305 on: February 26, 2014, 04:57:45 pm »
We seem to struggle against teams who press us right up in own own half. Will be interesting to see how we set out for this one. Think we might see the team that ended the game against Swansea and sterling to be used as an option from the bench if we need to push on for the win in the second half

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #306 on: February 26, 2014, 05:00:09 pm »
Southampton is a bit of a tough cookie..

They're a balanced mixture of Swansea/Arsenal when in posession, but akin to Chelsea, Hull and West Brom(under Mel), and ourselves(in the big games) when not in possession. Like we've seen against Hull and West Brom in particular- we will look jaded and play as if we're tired, a lot of passes would be intercepetd or go astray, our pass-completion stats would be very low, our possession would be less than theirs, they will score from stupid errors(forced through their pressing) and we're going to have to work our arse off for the ball- same as them when we're in possession.

Another aspect they seem to differ from a lot of quality sides is that they don't really take the initiative in attacking when against top sides(it's a myth- their more reactionary)- so we can't use counter-attacking as a tactic throughout the match. They hound you for possession- in 3s- and wait for a mistake. They will not attack you constantly, carving you open through incisive passing from an attack that was started from out the back. If we decide to counter throughout the match, we'll have to walk away with a draw or they'll hope for a mistake- like our past meetings and will make sure they'll win by a goal. Tough team this. Too hot to handle. They're as tough to play against as we were under Rafa and what we're becoming under Rodgers. Their more like us Rafa's Liverpool, but with quality passing and more movement. We might have to alternate our approach- attack for 15 minutes, sit back, attack for 15, sit back- rinse and repeat..

Against Swansea and Arsenal, we had it easy- we could press, but not expect much pressing when we're in possession, since these 2 sides do not really appear to press, but only selectively(like we did the first season under Rodgers), but the problem with Southampton is that they do to us what we have done to Arsenal, Everton and Swansea and the issue we have is that our one-touch passing didn't seem up to scratch since we met them under Rodgers.

As PoP said the other time- the way to resist/beat their press is to quickly pass the ball in triangles all over the pitch in order to avoid losing it. This would mean- one-touch passing like Arsenal does it and we're struggling there. Yes- our one-touch passing is good, but a little less quicker and effective than City and of a much less quality and pace than that of Arsenal(which is the reason why they could sort of "handle" Southampton). The reason Swansea were such a tough team to press, was their quick precision in passing and their use of triangles whenever we pressed them. We need to do similar against Southampton and then we'll win.

Anyway- I'm sure Brendan has been wrestling with the question of how to beat this lot for a while now and the last time we met, we were much better than before, so I'm sure we'll have a plan for these.
Tis the season to slaughter the bogeys and Southampton are next. I'll go for a battling, brutal football, piss-ugly, ground-out 1-2 or even a 0-1. Quality will see us through.

Nice summary red pill!  Astute points.  I think one addendum to add is that after third or fourth pass, we need to play forward quickly.  This is usually called an up-back-through, but here I think we want to tempt Southampton to press us in the midfield and rely upon Stevie in lower positions and Phillipe is higher positions to spring our forwards.  This will give some space in the middle for Sterling or Henderson to follow up and can be disorienting to defend since it is so bang-bang.   

I think we could fall trap to playing beautiful one touch in our half without much purpose and then at a crucial time in the game where legs are tired and such, that one mistake could be countered.  While this specific fear could happen at any time, my hope is that our pattern play is based on sucking Schneiderlin out and playing into the space he vacates or the alley's between the center backs. 

Apologies for piling on such a bright a post, but I have a great deal of respect for their midfield (especially Lallana). 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:29:23 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2014, 05:01:02 pm »
Each game just gets bigger than the last. Must win this, with us not playing the following week. Spurs should beat Cardiff, so we need to win to keep it at 6 points. The following week when we don't play they've got Chelsea. Can't see them getting anything out of that, as much as I'd like a draw. So win this and it keeps us 6 ahead with a game in hand next week.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: February 26, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »
I like Southampton, I think they're quite similar to us at times and they tend to play the same attack pretty much every game like we do. Lallana is the main threat so stop him and we have a good chance but realistically this is our hardest game left other than City band Chelsea. In normal circumstances a point would be a good result here but when you're involved in a title race only 3 is good enough at this stage.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline tossinho

• Anny Roader
« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »
Is wanyama injured?
Don't think so. Played 90 minutes against Sunderland in the FA-cup 11 days ago. Unused substitute and subbed on in the 90th min. in the last PL matches.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »
Getting a vibe for a stoppage time winner from Suarez infront of our fans. Free kick.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »
This game reminds of our Middlebrough away game in that 08/09 season.

We have a bad record there as well. And we missed some early chances (eg.El Zhar) and eventually paid for it.

I honestly expect something similar, if we take our early chances, it should be a comfortable win. Or else, the longer the game goes, the more control Southampton will have and will score.

Daniel Sturridge will have a crucial role,he cannot play like he did against Arsenal away where he missed all those early chances which really hurt us a lot. Whereas, Suarez just needs a bit of luck to start scoring.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2014, 05:22:57 pm »

We have a bad record there as well. And we missed some early chances (eg.El Zhar) and eventually paid for it.

I honestly expect something similar, if we take our early chances, it should be a comfortable win. Or else, the longer the game goes, the more control Southampton will have and will score.

Daniel Sturridge will have a crucial role,he cannot play like he did against Arsenal away where he missed all those early chances which really hurt us a lot. Whereas, Suarez just needs a bit of luck to start scoring.

What a nice positive post...

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2014, 05:57:56 pm »
From new year on we are top of the table with Southampton 7th,  8 points behind us.

There isn't really anything to be worried about other than our players being mentally top and giving their all just as they did in a lot of games so far.

One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2014, 06:01:14 pm »
Would take a draw here. Everyone gets mad. Everyone gets angry. Then we maul them c*nts at Old Trafford.

Extreme Vamos.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2014, 06:17:43 pm »
Hopefully our end will be bouncin,half 5 kick off,flags,scarves,ETC,massive massive game,no game for a fortnight after this one....
It won't be for 2 reasons.

1. It will be full of cockneys

2. I won't be there

So its bound to be shite :P
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2014, 06:33:34 pm »
Love a Saturday tea time kick off. Hope its not the same scoreline as the last one however. Need to track their runners well here, from some of the goals of late I have seen their counter attacking play comes of a Lambert flick to the on rushing Rodriguez/Lallana

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2014, 06:54:16 pm »

Well that's all right then, if we went by your expectations all season we would be down in a relegation scrap.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2014, 07:21:32 pm »
Why should we take a draw?

We have the best attack in the country. They have a lot more to worry about than us. I think more is being made out of this match than should be. I said on here last night that I would be surprised if Southampton gave us a tougher game than Swansea did. Swansea played very very well against us. Their passing was sharp, and crisp. Their pressing was also decent. Bony caused us immense problems. They also had 2 very pacy wide men that gave our defence an awful lot of problems. I think we struggle more against that type of attack, as we did against Villa.

The home game against Southampton only resulted in a loss because we couldn't defend a corner. Apart from that they really didn't threaten us much. Granted we were way off color too, but apart from their high pressing which did cause us problems, I can't remember many clear cut chances that they had. We're also a better team from when were that day. Sterling, Henderson and Sturridge are in much better form than they were that day. And Suarez and Coutinho did not play.

If we play like we have been doing for the majority of the season, we will win.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:37:41 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2014, 07:26:18 pm »
Well that's all right then, if we went by your expectations all season we would be down in a relegation scrap.

:lmao

Honestly that's' how some of these lads on rawk are shit it against 90% of teams and then demand champions league football. They'll be suicidal once we start playing the other  big boys of Europe.