Author Topic: Should Kenny stop making statements that are not football related  (Read 6727 times)

Offline vele-srbin

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Should Kenny stop making statementsthat are not football related
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 02:22:57 pm »
King Kenny can do whatever the fuck he wants, cause he is just that. KING

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 02:25:16 pm »
I can see where you are coming from with this, but for me Kenny is more than just the manager of the football team. He is the leader of the football club, and therefore anything to do with the club comes within his remit. Certainly within the current set-up at Anfield there are no obvious candidates who are better placed to comment.

In any case I think Kenny knows what he is doing in these situations and knows how to deal with the press. If he wants to say somethig he will, if he doesn't he won't. I've no concerns on that score..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 02:25:56 pm »
I think he should walk into the room, sit at the table answer every question with 'no comment' and then conclude with a 'fuck the lot of yis' from now until the end of his time at Liverpool, and it is a practise that should be continued by his successors, for all eternity.

Then anything that needs to be said can be done through local journalists or the official site.
Might be a bit dramatic, but I've had enough of the gutter press.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline danwarb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 02:32:58 pm »
It could be entirely feasible that Kenny's actually asked Gerrard not to make any comments. Given the backlash against Reina and Johnson's initial statements, it might be that he wants to protect the players from getting caught up in all this and just concentrate on the football. We can all easily see Kenny doing that.
Players can only reiterate what we're being panned for, so it'd be daft for them to pipe up again now.

This has to be handled very carefully by the club/Kenny, while we hope for no more incidents like whatever happened with Adeyemi.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 02:44:28 pm »
If KK feels any pressure he handles it better than Rafa did (health wise). Just compare how Rafa used to look in his last year and how he looks now.

I do agree that club should have a proper PR setup - I thought a business of this magnitude will have it anyway?

TBF Rafa had loads more on his plate with finances, owners etc.  Not to mention every manager and gutter hack in the country was out to get him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rormac

• Anny Roader
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2012, 03:35:18 pm »
King Kenny can do whatever the fuck he wants, cause he is just that. KING

My thoughts exactly.  He can do and say whatever he wants.

And, by the way, he can handle it!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2012, 03:56:21 pm »
He's our manager and the figurehead for the club. He should say what he wants to say.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 03:59:39 pm »
Kenny is the best PR we have.

End of story

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 04:06:50 pm »
No.

People should stop giving him advise and just let him crack on with the job.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012, 04:22:26 pm »
If KK feels any pressure he handles it better than Rafa did (health wise). Just compare how Rafa used to look in his last year and how he looks now.

I do agree that club should have a proper PR setup - I thought a business of this magnitude will have it anyway?
The media hated Rafa from the get go because he wasn't Mourinho. He handled the media fine. His woes were more about the internal fight which took significant toll on that fantastic man; hopefully, Kenny doesn't have to deal with internal problems and has more kudos with the press and public than Rafa could ever have earned.

Kenny could've been the figurehead for and public face of this club before he was manager; see no reason for him to step aside from it now, although that doesn't mean Ian Ayre, Damien Comolli and our owners can't comment too, as long as they are all on the same page and don't undermine each other.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
87:13