Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur (Mothering Sunday 10th Mar, 4pm)  (Read 100246 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
   vs   

vs

Tottenham Hotspur. The Glory. The Anguish. The North London right royal pain in the buttocks. A big club with big aspirations. Matched by a glorious history of winning.

A history of winning the league in 1961. A scattering of cups in the 70’s and 80s and 2 either side of the 90s. 1 in the 21st Century. Huge. Summised brilliantly on RAWK last year by a Dr Manhattan (http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=286194.msg9847293#msg9847293)

“…One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again. I was there. I watched them play football, like other clubs played football, but not quite the same because there was a difference in their football, and I was there. I can tell you some stories about the three trophies Spurs won from 1982 onwards. Stories of bravery, how we sacrificed all other trophies during the same period because three was quite enough. Our status as a huge fucking juggernaut of a club was solidified with just those three. Players from all over the continent and the world said "Who?" when they were asked about us, sometimes turning the volume down on their tv just to do so, as they did not wish to be distracted by the sounds of Liverpool winning yet another trophy in late February 2012, taking their total to something astronomical. I can tell you some stories, my lad. Stories of bravery, of daring managers who hid cash from people who actually wanted that cash, stories of monkey looking players who also won absolutely nothing, stories of players leaving the summer afterwards and us suddenly realising we'd not win anything anymore at the same time as not actually winning anything....."

I should geographically like Spurs. I say this as they’ve had a few legends and heroes come from round my way so to speak in respect to where I was born and bred. Possibly one of their most revered, Steve Perryman came from the neighbouring town of Greenford and wouldn’t you bloody know it at the time. Need sports kit for school? Steve Perryman. New boots or shin pads? Steve Perryman. Flight balls? (Yes Flight Balls as my school had issues with leather footballs on hard surface tarmac playground ok?). Steve sodding Perryman. His sports shop was the only show in town so in the ways of a mafia like cartel controlling all the parents money on sporting goods, he had it all. My last memory of going into one of his shops was from 1992 where one of his sales assistants was preaching to me about Reebok ERS being better than Nike Air. When you were lucky to get Hi Tec Amazons you didn’t really care. In a cruel twist of fate the Steve Perryman empire has been all but eradicated by JJB then Sports Direct.

Whilst Steve covered going east, Glenn Hoddle covered going west. He heralded from the mighty Hayes and whilst he didn’t actually play for them even though he was born there, we do have the final part of the West London triumvirate

Les Ferdinand. Finally a Southallian. He didn’t too badly from steam cleaning taxis eh? He’s probably the only person from my home town who likes them. I can’t stand them. My irrational hatred team is Tottenham Hotspur and I don’t care about the why anymore.

So Modern Day Spurs. They still have Chas and Dave as fans. They still have lots of “Geezahs” and they still have Gareth Bale. Their goal-toting Cornelius and he’s on form. We can’t ignore it. As much as we’d desire him to be on another planet for this match, preferably one that makes him feel at home with Zira and a bit of “Gertcha” on the jukebox, he won’t be so we’ve got to deal with it.

Andre Villas Boas is a happy man. With Spurs in the ascendancy of the top 3 in the league and consistently winning and playing well he couldn’t be anything but. There may even be a few misty eyed fellas over at the Bridge thinking of what could have been if only they’d shown a little patience but no, just like the big booming voice from Stoppit and Tidyup, Roman….Said….No! Bar the FA Cup exit they haven’t faired too badly since the beginning of this year and in the league you have to say they have turned around the inconsistent start. 2 points ahead of 4th placed Chelsea and 2 points behind 2nd placed Man City this is a match they will want to win.

As do we. I’ve waited long enough to see us beat them live. This is why I’ve always hated this match. It’s either a draw or a loss and it’s been like that for ages. Longer than it took Andre Villas Boas to grow a beard. On the telly we win when I watch so now I’m torn. Mothers Day as well and last season it was us against Stoke in the FA Cup that Mothers Day got the bullet for and this week looks like it will be us against Spurs. Some mothers will be annoyed/upset/relieved at the loss of their respective significant other… time will tell for me! There is always an associated family drama with this fixture. Suarez returns? We draw 0-0 and cousin gets a flat on the way up. He’s therefore towed home and I’ve got to stay overnight unexpectedly in Liverpool. Not great when you tell the missus!

We can beat them. I’m not the tactical master as per the Phase of Plays of this world but their defence is a weak spot. Over the weekend L’Arse (or is it Qatarsenal yet?) got their high line beaten by a bit of intelligence twice in the first half. Their response should have been faster and more direct but Tottenham worked hard to keep it together. I reckon that defence will hopefully be tested and tired after Inter Milan visit them on Thursday. Vertonghen and Dawson aren’t fast and Walker can be seen marauding up the pitch on occasion. That’s where we can hurt them

Post Wigan the overwhelming sense of relief in the household is high. Following the low of the sodding sky dive being postponed due to low clouds, I needed a lift. 4-0 at the DWJJBWotsit was a great help as was youthful Ford Cortina in his play for both first half goals. The second goal setup was mesmerising ;D. Reina pulled off a few crackers too so should keep the moaning hags at bay and Suarez was very Suarez like as usual.

This feels like the perfect challenge to see our progress. Have we learnt from City and Arsenal away earlier this year? Can we scupper the blue and white army? They have pace and power to hit us with and Andre Villas Boas loves tactics and hates Chelsea so its all setup for Brendan to put 11 men out to bag another 3 points to keep our momentum going. Does that set us up for a fall? I don’t know but one thing you can be sure of is that in the mascot war stakes, the match was over even before this one began. Desperately seeking a worthy opponent to Mighty Red… still.

As with all our previews, please note that RAWK will mute anyone posting just a formation in a Preview thread until the day after the match is over. This is to improve the quality of preview replies. Formations posted alongside rational comments and debate are exempt. Thanks, RAWK

« Last Edit: March 4, 2013, 02:49:11 pm by Harinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Lovely stuff as always mate.

Villas-Boas is making Chelsea's decision to ditch him look very silly isn't he. Very good side Spurs but I think we'll beat them at home 2-0.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Odds of ledley fucking king making a comeback for his one and only game

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
. Very good side Spurs but I think we'll beat them at home 2-0.

Why are you so confident, mate? I suspect our vulnerabilities play directly into their hands. Especially if we fail to take our chances, our mental fragility and susceptibility to the counter-attack (I think the two are linked, in part) will be there for exploitation. A bit of patience in possession and mental strength, though, and they should begin to fade sooner than us thanks to their mid-week exertions. It's all down to fine margins - as ever.

I predict for Sunday afternoon: bum meet knife edge...
« Last Edit: March 5, 2013, 08:51:24 am by No666 »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
I'm always confident mate, I always think we'll win. No particular footballing reasons here but we're at home, and you make a good point about them potentially being more tired.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
Another enjoyable preview, thanks.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Goodd Stuff Harinder. Interesting seeing your perspective v mine on our attitudes to Spurs..
Yep.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Goodd Stuff Harinder. Interesting seeing your perspective v mine on our attitudes to Spurs..

I can't stand them. It's the accent of the fan I think that really twists my irrational hatred towards rage. That cross between Delboy and your worst London cabbie with a pitch of Dennis Wise saying "geezshah, havyveebee bin 'avin a larf n dat. Ish all abbaairt 'arry'sh boysh and Bale innit"

And Christian Gross can do one too  :D

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline psycllone

• Main Stander
  • Neo, its about time you free your mind.
When was the last time we beat spurs?
Your intelligence is my common sense.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
When was the last time we beat spurs?

Rafa's last season from recollection

It's just me who sees draws or losses against them live in a stadium. On tv when I can't get to the match we've won.

Bastards  :D

Offline cyador

• Legacy Fan
Good read that. Have to say i hate playing spurs, we nearly always lose. Genuinely can't remember when we last beat them?

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Echo reporting that Sturridge will be fit for Sunday, vital that I think. We need him to constantly threaten their back line, with Coutinho, Suarez and Gerrard supplying I think we can get in behind them a lot better than Arsenal did.

Lucas v Bale is going to be crucial, hopefully not too many fouls in front of goal and keep him on his right foot.

Would also like to see our fullbacks a little more conservative to protect against Spurs quick transition.

Really want to win this one.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This isn't a formation post in the making, but assuming Sturridge is back, where do we play Suarez?

Do we play him centrally behind Sturridge in order to fully exploit Spurs high defensive line, or do we stick him on the wing and get him to do a tracking job ala at Arsenal?

I think we really have to attack these. There is no point in trying to keep it tight when Bale is on the pitch and we're at home.

It brings further interesting questions, if we play 2 up front, then surely that will mean the need for Henderson's work-rate, in the '1.5 position' he has covered so excellently at times this season. Perhaps even help to quell some of Bale's attacking threat.

But then where does this leave us on the other side? A really consistent Downing, or a really exciting Coutinho? I think the answer is who would be more effective coming off the bench if we need a goal, and that would clearly be Coutinho.

I'm not expecting a lot, but I think it will be a really good game and interesting to see if we make any specific plans, or just play what has been our very expansive game at Anfield this season.

Offline jay.taller.than.spearing

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
We'll do them.
JFT96. YNWA .

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Make no mistake, this will be a jammy one. Spurs should be well up to it and so our boys better bring their game.

Nice write up mate.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Spurs 12 unbeaten and coming off doing Arsenal. This'll be as tough a game as we've had this season but we showed against City and Arsenal we can match the best in this league. However those were away and we could sit back more. Will be interesting to see how we go about it at home. Its been ages since we've played one of the top 6 at Anfield given we had all those games at the start of season when Rodgers was bedding in.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
Think we'll be up for it and think the Kop will be up for it.

Nothing like showing the world why our Luis is miles better than Gareth fucking Bale.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
If people haven't already seen this then I'd definitely give it a watch.. Emphasises the high line that Spurs play and if Arsenal had released passes at right moments then it could have been a completely different story. With the pace of Sturridge, we could cause real problems on Sunday and I think we can get a result. 2-1. Another great preview btw, enjoyed reading it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKm85q3t6bQ?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rKm85q3t6bQ?fs=1</a>

« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 01:01:58 am by JG-7 »

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
Great news that Sturridge is back. I'd probably bring in Henderson for Coutinho, with Suarez behind Sturridge (ala Norwich).

This is going to be very tough, Spurs are unbeaten in 12 in the league. I just feel that the first goal is vital for us at the moment . I think whoever scores it, will get the win.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 01:23:49 am by Titan »

Offline Death by Football

• Anny Roader
  • ► JFT96 ◄
Excellent preview. Must admit that I harbor a strong dislike for all things Spurs as well which is rather unfortunate considering that my four best mates are all 'yids' as they call themselves. Not sure if it's the constant shite they chat or just the way that Spurs are living on borrowed time at the moment that makes me feel that way but if anybody needs to suffer a football death it's definitely that lot.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
If people haven't already seen this then I'd definitely give it a watch.. Emphasises the high line that Spurs play and if Arsenal had released passes at right moments then it could have been a completely different story. With the pace of Sturridge, we could cause real problems on Sunday and I think we can get a result. 2-1. Another great preview btw, enjoyed reading it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKm85q3t6bQ?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rKm85q3t6bQ?fs=1</a>
Just want to add that this video should be required viewing for everyone. Brilliant analysis, and definitely shows how easily the game could have gone either way. In reality, neither sides defending was anything special.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
I really hope Sturridge is fit for this, really want to see how good we can be with our first XI and how good Spurs really are.

It's funny how BR struggles against his ex-colleagues, not sure he has beaten any yet. He is an open book and I wonder if some of those who worked with him no what to expect.

Offline motisingh

• Anny Roader
There is always an associated family drama with this fixture. Suarez returns? We draw 0-0 and cousin gets a flat on the way up. He’s therefore towed home and I’ve got to stay overnight unexpectedly in Liverpool. Not great when you tell the missus!

Sorry about that again! Note to all BMW Scousers....get rid of the RF tyres!

You going on Sunday? I think we'll win if Sturridge is fit. I saw them against West Ham and Arsenal- although they won, their defence is far from strong. We can get in between Kyle Walker and the CBs, this is where Luis/Sturridge are strongest
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 01:50:58 am by motisingh »

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the preview!

I just hope we beat them. We've lost quite a lot against them (remembering this season's 2-1, last season's 4-0, then that 2-0 in Kenny's caretaker reign with a nice VDV goal and a penalty that Webb gave them outside the area ( :no ), then the one under Hodgson were Lennon scored the winner, then the opening day with rafa...

So I'm a little insecure...please let's avenge those ***** results and stuff them 5-0!

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
Really excited about this one. Hope they get a soft red.

Cheers for the preview, good read that :)

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Should be a good game with a few goals.

We're in good form and so are they.

I'd like to think we can win but I think this we be a draw.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
I am not sure how highly Spurs would rank this game in order of importance sandwiched between the two Inter Milan games. I wonder what Villas Boas would do should his side draw on Thursday. Would he rest Bale & Lennon knowing he will need them at their best to get a result at the San Siro or does he risk putting them through a tough 90 minutes at Anfield knowing that with Swansea (A), Everton, Man City and Chelsea (A) all coming up in the next 5 league games he needs points in the bag.

Personally I want to see Spurs best XI on the pitch. I want the Bale v Suarez hype and I want every single person who genuinely believes Bale is "right up there with Messi at the moment" to have a rough time with the realization that he isn´t even on Luis Suarez level never mind Lionel Messi. You can realistically say that Messi is a better player than Maradona or Pelé. I don't believe in absolutes like that as it is impossible to compare. You could make a good arguement though. However if anybody suggested Bale was better than Pelé, Maradona... I´d probably choke up a kidney laughing that hard at them.

I think we will win this one. It will be VERY hard for Spurs to focus undividedly on this game with one eye on the San Siro. Plus I can't see key players like Parker being able to win midfield battles against Arsenal, Inter, Us and Inter again with only 3 days rest between games at most. Some amount of rotation needs to happen there or else I can see a fairly lethargic second half from them.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline sparrowred

• Legacy Fan
I think Lucas will make Bale look very average. Sturridge and Suarez will give their CBs a nightmare. 3-1 win which will hopefully start a significant winless streak for Spurs :D.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
I feel they are a well balanced side and with Lloris and Dembele, they have found their missing puzzles. They do lack a front man but it doesn't matter when one has a terrific Welshman by the name of Bale. 12 matches unbeaten. They are going to be tough. I think at best, we will earn a draw. We are playing attractive attacking football but we're not robust enough to take on the big boys yet. We are now front heavy, i.e. have the best attacking talents in England but we're often ruthlessly exposed at the back. The good news is that Reina is coming back to some good form, as is Lucas.

Tough one but let's go for it.....

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It'll be a good game. Lucas will have to be on his toes to cut out passing lanes in to Bale, and Henderson, assuming he starts, will have to be all over Dembele. Parker is little threat on the ball, so that should hopefully free up Gerrard a little in the middle to start the quick counters.

I can see us ceding a little bit of possession in this one, hoping for quick transitions when we win the ball back. If we start with a front three of Sturridge, Suarez and Downing then there's enough pace and movement there to keep their centre backs occupied and at least one of their full-backs at home.

I can see some classic "direct" balls from Gerrard, Enrique and Reina trying to get us either in behind, or 1 on 1 with the last defender, as early as possible.

It should be a great game to watch, and will be won and lost in that midfield area, where we'll have two seperate battles - Lucas + Gerrard vs Bale, and Parker + Dembele vs Henderson. I don't see Bale putting any defensive pressure on us once we win the ball, so Gerrard could end up with a little bit of time on the ball. If Dembele plays higher up to negate him, then Henderson's physicality should be enough to pressure Parker and exploit the space around him in what would essentially be a 1v1 situation in the middle.

The other alternative, however, is to stick Suarez in at #10, with Sturridge, Downing and Coutinho all in front of him, pin their defence back as far as possible, and create space around Parker for Luis to run riot in. That'd be a much more open game, but is realistically more of a Plan B scenario.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 04:00:30 am by Col »
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Hate playing spurs of late, nothing's gone right really for a few years. They're quick, very quick in a number of areas and speed is a bit of a killer for us, for me the most important thing is to get close to them so they can't build any momentum in their runs, once into their runs they're much harder to stop, or starve their quick men of service.

Gonna be real difficult. We can hurt them for sure but I'm not confident we can stop them and they're defence was fucking good against Arsenal - altho Arsenal were terrible in the last third/final ball part of the game, still, they defended very well and sucker punched them. I think BR will be wary of playing a highline because of it, so not sure of his approach in this one.

One thing is certain tho, if we fuck around at the back and gift them possession, we're fucked because they will make it count against us. We've done it in all our recent games and weren't punished, can't afford that here.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
It'll be a good game. Lucas will have to be on his toes to cut out passing lanes in to Bale, and Henderson, assuming he starts, will have to be all over Dembele. Parker is little threat on the ball, so that should hopefully free up Gerrard a little in the middle to start the quick counters.

I can see us ceding a little bit of possession in this one, hoping for quick transitions when we win the ball back. If we start with a front three of Sturridge, Suarez and Downing then there's enough pace and movement there to keep their centre backs occupied and at least one of their full-backs at home.

I can see some classic "direct" balls from Gerrard, Enrique and Reina trying to get us either in behind, or 1 on 1 with the last defender, as early as possible.

It should be a great game to watch, and will be won and lost in that midfield area, where we'll have two seperate battles - Lucas + Gerrard vs Bale, and Parker + Dembele vs Henderson. I don't see Bale putting any defensive pressure on us once we win the ball, so Gerrard could end up with a little bit of time on the ball. If Dembele plays higher up to negate him, then Henderson's physicality should be enough to pressure Parker and exploit the space around him in what would essentially be a 1v1 situation in the middle.

The other alternative, however, is to stick Suarez in at #10, with Sturridge, Downing and Coutinho all in front of him, pin their defence back as far as possible, and create space around Parker for Luis to run riot in. That'd be a much more open game, but is realistically more of a Plan B scenario.

Is Dembele not injured?

I'd would just bring Sturridge(fit?) in for Allen and go with Sturridge up top, Suarez just behind, Coutinho left, Downing right and gerrard lucas in midfield.

Coutinho swaping with Suarez if we are getting outplayed in midfield.

It is a tough one. The team I mentioned will be great going forward but with only 2 real centre mids and coutinho who is more of a forward than winger/ attacking midfielder we could get outplayed.

So maybe Henderson in the Coutinho role would be a better move although I hate dropping exciting players that are playing well  :P

Offline Moloskari

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
                          8) reina
                 >:(  carra     :wanker agger
 :P johnsson                                        :wave enrique
                               :no lucas
                   :) gerrard
                                             :-X henderson
                                                          ;) coutinho
                    ;D suarez
                              :lickin sturridge

I'm sorry for posting this. I just couldn't help myself.
I think we have to drop downing for this game. Coutinho and suarez seem to have a understanding between each other. Sturridge is also vital for our chances in this game. Or maybe play luis in the center and downing on the wing? Then we'd have a real threat coming from the bench. Sturridge might not be in condition to play a full 90 min so soon. And he could really give us a chance coming of the bench for last 30 min or so. But if he is totally fit that is the line-up i'd like us to play.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
                          8) reina
                                                          ;) coutinho
                    ;D suarez

An 'Aap Kaa Hak' of a post.

I haven't got a clue what you're trying to say.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Cocomin

• Legacy Fan
                          8) reina
                                                          ;) coutinho
                    ;D suarez

I'm sorry for posting this. I just couldn't help myself.
I think we have to drop downing for this game. Coutinho and suarez seem to have a understanding between each other. Sturridge is also vital for our chances in this game. Or maybe play luis in the center and downing on the wing? Then we'd have a real threat coming from the bench. Sturridge might not be in condition to play a full 90 min so soon. And he could really give us a chance coming of the bench for last 30 min or so. But if he is totally fit that is the line-up i'd like us to play.
Yeah we have to drop Downing because he never scored or played well against Wigan .....Keep the same team and bring Sturridge on if things need changing if it ain't broke don't fix it.

We will win this i am in the camp that's not that impressed with Spurs , we played them off the park earlier in the season and were very unlucky so we can defo win this at home.

2-0

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3j-zCBIOzl8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3j-zCBIOzl8</a>
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good preview mate. I think we'll see a high scoring game as I think both teams will be found out at the back with the way they play. Hopefully it'll be us that score more but it's important we really mark bale out the game, if he's allowed to run at our centre backs or in behind, we're fucked, but by the same token so are they if sturridge can get in behind and Suarez will run at them all day. Bit nervous.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
Well we are certainly overdue a win against this lot, and we certainly have the players to do it.
If we play like we all know that we can, I'm confident of 3 points. No brain farts at the back please!

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
An 'Aap Kaa Hak' of a post.

I haven't got a clue what you're trying to say.

Aha, back in the days when the Asian community were allocated 5 minutes of TV time every Sunday morning at 8am.  I wonder how many hungover Asians set their alarm clocks to watch it?

To be honest Moloskari's team looks pretty good to me. Can't see many complaining if thats how we line-up on Sunday.  Probably Joe Allen for Hendo though if i had the choice.

Not sure about the angry face next to Lucas though. He seems such a happy bloke. Maybe it should be next to Stevie.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I suspect we'll see Allen for Henderson, justified on the grounds of passing ability, which is key as Neville points out - although I'm not sure how the stats between the two compare on that one.