Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 101183 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #440 on: March 21, 2012, 09:21:22 am »
March 2012 anticipation-meter
  • Prometheus
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • The Avengers

there is a UK trailer too, have you seen this: http://youtu.be/a9jRaa4Wkbk?hd=1

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:56:50 am by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #441 on: March 21, 2012, 10:58:03 am »
The whole ancient civilisations visited by aliens leaving a map to the stars kinda reminds me of Stargate. Not too keen on that, seems a bit generic (purely going by the trailers).

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: March 21, 2012, 11:24:09 am »
The whole ancient civilisations visited by aliens leaving a map to the stars kinda reminds me of Stargate. Not too keen on that, seems a bit generic (purely going by the trailers).

Everything is generic, one way or another though. Batman, Avengers, James Bond, Bourne, Hobbit, Sherlock Holmes - all generic. All been done before. But it's what you do with it that counts.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #443 on: March 21, 2012, 11:28:14 am »
Yeh so why not go with a simple deep space exploration, find a planet, go investigate? type plot. It's just a minor point, maybe it'll be great in the film - I'm going from what they showed with those tablets/cave drawings, which instantly made me think of Stargate.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: March 21, 2012, 11:31:31 am »
Yeh so why not go with a simple deep space exploration, find a planet, go investigate? type plot. It's just a minor point, maybe it'll be great in the film - I'm going from what they showed with those tablets/cave drawings, which instantly made me think of Stargate.

Yeah agreed, see what you mean. I think Ridley is going on this whole 'origins of mankind' trip with this one. Evolution seeded by the 'gods' type thing. We'll see how it pans out. According to the legend, the gods will be none too pleased when we stole their fire!!!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #445 on: March 21, 2012, 12:03:41 pm »

Name a film and I'll name you something that it was originally ripped off from.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #446 on: March 21, 2012, 12:19:41 pm »
I leant after Sunshine..... Thinking it would be up there with 2001 and Solaris. Didn't exactly turn out that way :P
Still plenty to admire though. Reaching 2001 heights is not exactly easy, especially in this hollywood era.
Empire doing a cracking 61 page, scene by scene guide to the latest trailer if anyone hasn't seen it yet...really shows how much you miss just watching it once!
61 pages? On a trailer? Kind of illustrates what I've been saying earlier. Most people will lap up Prometheus whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Sometimes I can't believe I subscribe to Empire, the magazine that called The Fifth Element better than Star Wars. Prometheus will get 5 stars no matter what. As will Dark Knight Rises. Ugh.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #447 on: March 21, 2012, 12:27:02 pm »
Still plenty to admire though. Reaching 2001 heights is not exactly easy, especially in this hollywood era.61 pages? On a trailer? Kind of illustrates what I've been saying earlier. Most people will lap up Prometheus whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Sometimes I can't believe I subscribe to Empire, the magazine that called The Fifth Element better than Star Wars. Prometheus will get 5 stars no matter what. As will Dark Knight Rises. Ugh.

I must admit I like the Fifth Element. Whatserface being gorgeous might have tipped that a bit :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: March 21, 2012, 12:30:53 pm »
I must admit I like the Fifth Element. Whatserface being gorgeous might have tipped that a bit :)
True but Chris Tucker tips the balance back the other way. Pity they didn't edit him out!

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #449 on: March 22, 2012, 05:49:15 am »
Yeah agreed, see what you mean. I think Ridley is going on this whole 'origins of mankind' trip with this one. Evolution seeded by the 'gods' type thing. We'll see how it pans out. According to the legend, the gods will be none too pleased when we stole their fire!!!
That was in a round about way what the Verheiden comic book did, just in case its a similar or actually used in the film I'll spoiler it.....

Spoiler
If I remember rightly, I would have to dig it out and have a look, the idea was that the space jockeys use the xenomorphs to terraform planets to their needs, the bugs wipe out all existing life and build their hives, which are organic terraforming plants, like the human one on LV4-26 that blows up at the end of Alien. When the process is near done the space jockeys show up and complete the process with their ship, then take control of the planet
[close]
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #450 on: March 22, 2012, 06:27:00 am »
That was in a round about way what the Verheiden comic book did, just in case its a similar or actually used in the film I'll spoiler it.....

Spoiler
If I remember rightly, I would have to dig it out and have a look, the idea was that the space jockeys use the xenomorphs to terraform planets to their needs, the bugs wipe out all existing life and build their hives, which are organic terraforming plants, like the human one on LV4-26 that blows up at the end of Alien. When the process is near done the space jockeys show up and complete the process with their ship, then take control of the planet
[close]

I remember reading that in an expanded universe book, pretty cool idea.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #451 on: March 22, 2012, 08:28:14 am »
See that's a really cool idea, I like it.
Spoiler
Its so sinister as well, imagine a whole planet pillaged by aliens? Horrifying. And you could see corporate bastards wanting that weapon.
[close]

I had an email from Weyland Corp this morning, after signing up for updates.

This film has some of the best marketing I have ever seen.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:55:50 am by lionel_messias »

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #452 on: March 22, 2012, 11:05:22 am »
Name a film and I'll name you something that it was originally ripped off from.

No films are original is an unoriginal arguement. Try again.

;)

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: March 22, 2012, 11:14:52 am »
Check out: https://www.weylandindustries.com/#/information

Jeez, the boat is getting pushed out! Great stuff.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: March 22, 2012, 01:55:25 pm »
yeah CGI. special fx is the real stuff...explosions etc. visual fx is computer based

it does generally kill excitement for films but this is the first one in years ive worked on id still actually pay to see.... put it that way :)
Just curious to ask: what software package/packages do you use. Are you a 3d modeller, animator?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: March 22, 2012, 01:58:20 pm »
Lethal Weapon?? Desperate much Mel? Last time he was mad, bad & dangerous to know, his body was a..... Lethal Weapon! Now he is back, this time his leathal weapon is his zimmer frame!
Think its safe to say he's too old for this shit

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: March 22, 2012, 02:01:22 pm »
March 2012 anticipation-meter
  • Prometheus
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • The Avengers

there is a UK trailer too, have you seen this: http://youtu.be/a9jRaa4Wkbk?hd=1

No Hobbit, Lionel?

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #457 on: March 22, 2012, 05:59:37 pm »
:thumbup
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: March 22, 2012, 10:04:21 pm »
No Hobbit, Lionel?

Not in my top three. I'm a bit over Hobbit stuff to be honest. I'm sure it will be brilliantly made though and perhaps the 3D will be best in show. More excited by Skyfall to be honest.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #459 on: March 23, 2012, 12:21:31 am »
Not in my top three. I'm a bit over Hobbit stuff to be honest. I'm sure it will be brilliantly made though and perhaps the 3D will be best in show. More excited by Skyfall to be honest.
No love Battleship eh? :P
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: March 23, 2012, 09:14:01 am »
No love Battleship eh? :P

Oh YEAH BAYBEE, love me a bit of Aqua-Transformers with Rhianna. Although it does contain the line apparently: "You sunk my Battleship!"

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: March 23, 2012, 09:34:34 am »
Although it does contain the line apparently: "You sunk my Battleship!"

Oh I'm totally seeing that now.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #462 on: March 23, 2012, 10:11:27 am »
Just curious to ask: what software package/packages do you use. Are you a 3d modeller, animator?

im a compositor. use Nuke mostly

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #463 on: March 23, 2012, 01:13:15 pm »
Oh YEAH BAYBEE, love me a bit of Aqua-Transformers with Rhianna. Although it does contain the line apparently: "You sunk my Battleship!"
Hope its said like death says it in Bill & Teds Bogus Journey ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: March 23, 2012, 01:55:00 pm »

:lmao

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #465 on: March 23, 2012, 05:51:50 pm »

I hope Liam Neeson says it as his last words in that whispery voice
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: March 23, 2012, 06:25:58 pm »
im a compositor. use Nuke mostly
That's interesting, because I was thinking about how certain effects were done when watching The Walking Dead a few nights ago. There was a scene that had a couple of zombies with their arms missing, and it looked very good technically. So you'd be working on things like that? Replacing certain parts of a scene with another image and getting them to blend in. Must be a lot of work, because the more I see of behind the scenes footage of things these days, there's always a lot of blue or green screen or masking going on. Fascinating work anyway. Must be very rewarding. I'd imagine the director would be in contact with that kind of production?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #467 on: March 24, 2012, 04:04:40 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eAAw05J-6ek" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eAAw05J-6ek</a>

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #468 on: March 24, 2012, 10:24:26 pm »
Just seen the trailer, looks interesting. Can we expect another complete boxed set after this?   :)

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #469 on: March 24, 2012, 11:12:19 pm »
Empire doing a cracking 61 page, scene by scene guide to the latest trailer if anyone hasn't seen it yet...really shows how much you miss just watching it once!

61 pages on a trailer!?! jesus! it is a god trailer though!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #470 on: March 24, 2012, 11:44:39 pm »
Hahahahaha
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: March 25, 2012, 03:59:59 am »

I hope its said like Jim Carey's riddler in Batman Forever  :P
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #472 on: March 29, 2012, 01:43:44 am »
There's another trailer doing the rounds, shorter and a bit more punchy than the last couple:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpLH9ocVxAs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TpLH9ocVxAs</a>

I likey!
We are Liverpool!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #473 on: March 29, 2012, 03:45:56 am »
Loved that!

I'm fucking spoiling myself with these trailers, but I can't fucking help it. Easier to quit smoking.
:D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: March 29, 2012, 04:24:44 am »
Looks like the tail of a facehugger at 1:01 in that trailer.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #475 on: March 29, 2012, 12:22:37 pm »
the amount of trailers is ridiculous. so many spoilers.... there wont be much of the film left to see

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: March 29, 2012, 02:49:46 pm »
He doesn't half spout some shite in this Empire interview.

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: March 29, 2012, 04:11:35 pm »
the amount of trailers is ridiculous. so many spoilers.... there wont be much of the film left to see

go on then, whats the film about and how does it end?

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #478 on: March 29, 2012, 04:31:47 pm »

Spoiler
haven't the foggiest
[close]

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: March 29, 2012, 04:42:20 pm »

I'm gonna hazard a guess, space ship with a handful of humans lands on another planet, encounters an alien life form that kills everyone bar one protagonist...

How am i looking?
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia