Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 203510 times)

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #400 on: April 8, 2014, 11:39:38 pm »
sunday, you bastard, make it quick

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: April 8, 2014, 11:44:11 pm »
Isn't it a pity they didn't have a CL game this week, it would have done us a massive favour .........

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: April 8, 2014, 11:46:38 pm »
Isn't it a pity they didn't have a CL game this week, it would have done us a massive favour .........

;D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #403 on: April 8, 2014, 11:50:47 pm »

Nailed how I'm feeling about it. Cracking team they've assembled, manager doing a very good job for his first year in the league, try to play an attacking game of football. Let's do them.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Canuck33

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: April 9, 2014, 12:08:08 am »
I doubt it really - if Allen is fit he deserves to start based on the season both have had and what's required in the game. Allen's mobility and ability to press high is priceless in this

Yeah, that's the one for me. The key to winning this one will be the pressing.

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: April 9, 2014, 12:09:54 am »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-vs-manchester-city-mamadou-3390496

Sakho is up for it.

Love him. Might not be the right timing for him to be a starter in the run-in, but he sure will be a mainstay of our defence when we defend our title next season.

Offline tellusajoke

• Anny Roader
« Reply #406 on: April 9, 2014, 12:18:38 am »
This is going to be a very very tough game.
Pelligrini is a top manager with very good tactical nous.
He has a squad of top quality players, who would get into most teams easily.
Taking everything into consideration, I have us scraping a 4 - 0 victory!
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #407 on: April 9, 2014, 12:21:01 am »
This is going to be a very very tough game.
Pelligrini is a top manager with very good tactical nous.
He has a squad of top quality players, who would get into most teams easily.
Taking everything into consideration, I have us scraping a 4 - 0 victory!

Pessimist!
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: April 9, 2014, 12:22:37 am »
Can someone explain to me why City/c*nt's are both allowed to play their homes games versus us at 4.00pm and we aren't?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #409 on: April 9, 2014, 12:24:07 am »
Can someone explain to me why City/c*nt's are both allowed to play their homes games versus us at 4.00pm and we aren't?

Conspiracy!
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: April 9, 2014, 12:25:48 am »
Conspiracy!
I presume it is a policing issue. If not it is slightly unfair, because we all know that Anfield buzzes that little bit extra after a pint or four.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #411 on: April 9, 2014, 12:27:36 am »
Be fair mate. They need all the help they can get.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline tellusajoke

• Anny Roader
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #413 on: April 9, 2014, 12:53:47 am »
Whilst they have many advantages we have anfield and the crowd, if they perform they will wilt.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Canuck33

• Anny Roader
« Reply #414 on: April 9, 2014, 01:07:32 am »
The good thing is that Chelsea needs help in more than one game to overtake City.

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #415 on: April 9, 2014, 01:17:09 am »

We have millions of fans all over the world that need to be considered. They don't ;)

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 9, 2014, 01:28:03 am »

Don't think we play United or City at 4pm even at their ground. Anyway, blame the killjoy police. Games like this will always have an atmosphere but 4pm would feel far better than early afternoon.

Seems most of our "category A games" are played early.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2014, 01:32:39 am by Zawk »

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #417 on: April 9, 2014, 01:42:00 am »
Fuck me Anfield is gonna be absolutely beautiful to watch. Make us proud lads.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #418 on: April 9, 2014, 01:49:43 am »
Brendan is due a win against these. Should have beaten them the three times we've played them under BR. Now's the time, we're going to beat them.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline sparrowred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 9, 2014, 02:03:25 am »
From the 10 matches this season we didn't win, I'd say 2-1 at the Etihad was the unluckiest result. We were terrific that day I thought. And we're a better side nearly 4 months on. Anfield will be deafening. Can't see anything other than 3 points Sunday.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2014, 04:36:21 am by sparrowred »

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #420 on: April 9, 2014, 02:03:53 am »
Control David Silva & Toure.

Indeed. As good as Toure is, ultimately, Silva is the barometer of how well Manchester City perform.

If we starve them of possession they'll effectively defend with 10, as Silva doesn't carrying out his defensive duties with any consistency. With the ball? We all know he's devastating. I'd personally opt for Lucas to play and track him. I remember when we played them at Anfield under Kenny; Lucas really nullified Silva's play. I know it was two years ago, but Lucas hasn't played much this year. He'll be fresh and up to the task against a player who is carrying a knock and should things not go his way, we may just see an even more reduced performance which can only maximise our chances of taking the three points back into the dressing room.

Offline LFC Florida

• Kemlynite
« Reply #421 on: April 9, 2014, 02:58:10 am »
lets smash them 4-1 LFC

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
« Reply #422 on: April 9, 2014, 02:59:20 am »
'He who says he can, and he who says he can't, are both usually right'.

I believe we can. I hope (and am sure) the players echo that sentiment. The atmosphere is going to be immense.

Let's do what we've been doing all season.

Come on Redmen, show how much you want it!

JFT96.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2014, 03:02:44 am by LFC_Verve »

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #423 on: April 9, 2014, 03:39:32 am »
Whilst they have many advantages we have anfield and the crowd, if they perform they will wilt.

I don't think they have many advantages at all. We're 1st, they're chasing us. Man for man, we stack up really well against them. We played them off the park for large periods at the Etihad. We were extremely unlucky not to get anything there, mainly because of a diabolical offside decision. And they know it. They know they rode their luck, and they know the only place we didn't dominate them was on the scoresheet. They will come to win, but they'll also be very wary of us, and what we're capable of.

Plus the Anfield factor, like you say.
YWNA

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 9, 2014, 04:13:12 am »
From the 10 matches this season we didn't win, I'd say 2-1 at the Ethiad was the unluckiest result. We were terrific that day I thought. And we're a better side nearly 4 months on. Anfield will be deafening. Can't see anything other than 3 points Sunday.
Agreed. Although we didn't have more shots, corners & control of the game. There were a heap of clear cut chances that we failed to convert & refereeing decisions going against. Coutinho & Sterling with the best chances, Henderson running in behind a few times & Suarez getting barged in the box plus the ball that fell to Johnson. I recommend not re-watching the game. Very frustrating to watch. Hopefully we have more control of the game this time as no doubt we will score but it shouldn't be in sacrifice of giving up chances at the other end.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: April 9, 2014, 04:26:48 am »

Some of our biggest wins this season have been in the early games, I think we are very strong in the mid day games where other are just waking up. Not too worried about it.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline Aitken Drum

• Plays with his ladle
  • Main Stander
  • Curse you, Walter O'Malley
« Reply #426 on: April 9, 2014, 05:30:02 am »

"Brendan Rodgers' philosophy is always to play the right way, with style and panache, and his thrilling Liverpool side have been so wonderful to watch that it is difficult to argue with the assertion that it would be a victory for football if they end their 24-year wait for the title this season."  Jacob Steinberg of The Guardian 

I concur. Liverpool have played the most attractive football this season and have done so with aggression, discipline, splendid passing and have committed relatively few fouls. Brendan Rodgers has done a magnificent job and the players have responded accordingly.

In fact, Liverpool have played so well that I find it difficult to watch American MLS matches anymore because they are so lacking in fluidity and pace.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.--Damon Runyon

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #427 on: April 9, 2014, 06:23:14 am »
'He who says he can, and he who says he can't, are both usually right'.

I believe we can. I hope (and am sure) the players echo that sentiment. The atmosphere is going to be immense.

Let's do what we've been doing all season.

Come on Redmen, show how much you want it!

JFT96.

Every player wants it badly now. They're not going come this far and be this close and balls it up. They're going to give 110% and just leave everything out on the field.

Sheer willpower, adrenaline,  grit, belief, fearlessness, Rodgers and the support of millions of fans will hopefully get them over the line.

Don't be surprised to see them put in one of their best performances this season on Sunday.
YWNA

Offline Anwer

• off
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 9, 2014, 06:33:49 am »

Alhumdullillah brother :D you've set my mind at ease
this is not a signature, go away

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 9, 2014, 06:42:21 am »

? We played ManU at 1.30 and we play City at 1.37.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #430 on: April 9, 2014, 07:10:38 am »
Someone get a PM of RoshanA losing prediction, please :)

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #431 on: April 9, 2014, 07:15:55 am »
PoP, although I get your point. I don't think it would be the case in this fixture. If we were to concede possession to City, they would have the quality to hurt us. We haven't looked too vulnerable whilst trying to take in pressure, in most matches, agreed. But, City simply have the quality to break us down (defensively) if we set up in that manner. On the other hand, if we were to play someone like Allen in midfield, who pressures excellently and wins the ball back for us at regular intervals, then we may just have the upper hand. Mind you, this is a game that we need to win more than City. (To have our fate in our own hands I mean)

P.S. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kompany or Dimechellis (I pray to god he plays him), send off for that matter. Then he would have to sacrifice, one of either Silva or Nasri :P

Just to throw a curve ball out there, could we see a midfield of Lucas, Allen and Gerrard?? Henderson has had a few rough patches in the last few games.

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 9, 2014, 07:23:24 am »

The match will a played like game of chess, with both side trying to dominate from deep with thrusting penetrations going forward with speed and energy into a tight box, when in control of the ball a firm grip is needed. He Who Dares Wins.

You didn't misinterpret what the missus was telling you, did you?  ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 9, 2014, 07:31:54 am »
Shababs.
Liverpool 4 - 2 Man City.
That's how they rolled Inshaallah

:D

Offline GhostOfBenitez

• Main Stander
« Reply #434 on: April 9, 2014, 07:41:06 am »
Well guys.. It's obvious how big this game is.. That being said i really hope our players get inspired rather than get humbled by the atmosphere (I really think it will be the best atmos we have seen in the modern era for us even better then the champs nights and chel). Im pretty sure yaya(World class and has played the BIG BIG games before barca-madrid) will be fine but the rest of the city players have no idea what they are going to be in for. It all comes down to Silva control him and you control city. Yaya is an enigma you obviously be mindful but he isint the 100 percent constant threat silva is. Yaya will do nothing for 90 mins then all of a sudden score 2 worldies. that being said i would take sakho over agger. Attack the scum constantly. Win this and we win the league... 

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: April 9, 2014, 08:05:22 am »
The idea that others are going through what you’re suffering from is  comforting.
Just think that there are grown fellas waking up in the middle of the night in Moscow , New York and Toronto and it’s not their prostate………,blokes watching old footage of the team in Huyton until three in the morning, poor concentration at work in Surrey, fretting as we take our  kids to school in LA or in Sydney…..or if you’re a teacher, talking about the team selection or past glories to your students as is my case over here in Italy - they might have problems with their irregular verbs but they all know about the diamond  formation and Wolves away in 1976 all right!…..
There are bosses wondering why scousers and non ( you don’t have to be a scouser to love our team) the world over are not performing at work at the moment….But we know ………….This is what family is all about…
I reckon that the whole concept of our  worldwide family is mind-blowing… Roll on Sunday…..

We are family fellas!!!! All in this one together!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVe_HcyP9Y

PS. Still waiting for someone to come out with the immortal “ but it’s only a game…grown men kicking a ball round…………..!!!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #436 on: April 9, 2014, 08:08:17 am »
We should take WH tactics to the next level and make City park outside 5 miles away and lock their changing room so they have to change on their bus.

Offline Owl

• Twit...just twit. No twoo.
  • Kopite
« Reply #437 on: April 9, 2014, 08:09:20 am »
As long as the Kop and the crowd turns up for this one, the team will as well and we will win.

It's that Simple really. It's like a European night, Only a Win is good enough, loss or draw it's over.

Out on the field, it can go either way. It's impossible to predict

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #438 on: April 9, 2014, 08:16:32 am »
So. Wednesday.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #439 on: April 9, 2014, 08:18:08 am »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W