Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 203522 times)

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #320 on: April 8, 2014, 02:20:46 pm »
Get Hart in the Kop end first half and he'll be cacking it big style..That wall of noise descending on him could be a big factor

"WHERE'S YOUR DANDRUFF GONE, WHERE'S YOUR DANDRUFF GONE?"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sDW0xuLT2Gs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sDW0xuLT2Gs</a>

:lmao

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: April 8, 2014, 02:27:37 pm »
Get Hart in the Kop end first half and he'll be cacking it big style..That wall of noise descending on him could be a big factor

Watched the 2-2 League Cup tie from the Kenny year again last night and fuck me, was he good that night. Luckily his form is nowhere near that level, nowadays.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline SMacDougall

• Kopite
« Reply #322 on: April 8, 2014, 02:36:50 pm »
City seem to get a bit of luck against us these days. It's the only thing that's making me wary about this game.

The 2-1 game at their place in December, we deserved to win that game, yet had ridiculous decisions go against us and Mignolet was unlucky with the 2nd goal, it was a bit of a howler.

2-2 game last season, we were bossing the game, 2 stunners from Sturridge and Gerrard, only for another complete cock-up to ensure City didn't drop all 3 points. Reina came flying out and Aguero scored from a ridiculous angle which he wouldn't be able to recreate in another 100 attempts.

The 2-2 game last season, where we were winning 1-0 thanks to a Skrtel bullet header, and then we conceded a jammy goal which Toure only had to tap in because of a cock up in our defense, and then Suarez scored a sublime free-kick to put us 2-1 up, until Skrtel's horrendous back-pass gifted Tevez a free shot at goal with no defenders around him.

Surely it's our turn?

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: April 8, 2014, 02:38:52 pm »
              Liverpool 2     Man City 1

Sturridge 2,23               Toure pen 68     

No time for caution.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: April 8, 2014, 02:40:03 pm »
What a disappointing OP!  Didn't get me pumped as the usual scribes do, fell asleep after seeing sleeping and sleep in the same sentence,  who decides on the OP scribe??

Anyway, fuck it, this(along with the next 5) could all be the biggest games we've had in some of our lifetimes, makes dream!

Sit back, do nothing, but criticise others - Wum. Or pull your fucking finger out and show us what a fucking ace writer you are.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: April 8, 2014, 03:22:31 pm »
Fucking hell I'm excited about this! I can't believe it's still only Tuesday afternoon, I feel like I've been waiting for weeks already. God knows how I'm going to cope until Sunday. I've not been this excited about a game of football since Istanbul. Hell I've not been this excited about anything since Istanbul.

Roll on Sunday.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: April 8, 2014, 03:24:08 pm »

Kolo or Yaya? haha

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: April 8, 2014, 03:31:21 pm »
Who'll start. Agger or Sakho?

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #328 on: April 8, 2014, 03:32:45 pm »
What a disappointing OP!  Didn't get me pumped as the usual scribes do, fell asleep after seeing sleeping and sleep in the same sentence,  who decides on the OP scribe??

Anyway, fuck it, this(along with the next 5) could all be the biggest games we've had in some of our lifetimes, makes dream!

Roll your sleeves up and muck in then.

Edit : Or as mentioned above.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2014, 03:37:25 pm by Gojedo »

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: April 8, 2014, 03:39:20 pm »
It feels to me like this entire season culminates in this match. It's massive. I can't wait to hear Anfield roar the teams out and I am still clinging onto the slim hope that maybe, just maybe I can grab a last-minute ticket and be there myself.

The crowd are everything on Sunday. Just like against Spurs everyone in the ground needs to push the team on to the greatness we know they are capable of. I have no doubt we are going out to blitz them early doors and I just hope we can blow them away like we have others.

City are a great side, no doubt. However I was weirdly more nervous about West Ham than this one. There is something about those sides that will let us play that we are just perfectly suited to matching up against. Chelsea and West Ham won't do that. City will. They'll want to play their own game, but I don't think we'll let them.

Come on you mighty mighty Redmen.

Offline Moloskari

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #330 on: April 8, 2014, 03:40:13 pm »
Working on sunday  >:(  I guess I'll have to watch it on some stream and risk getting myself in some  trouble for it :D

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: April 8, 2014, 03:46:55 pm »
Most of the pictures in the OP don't load for me.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #332 on: April 8, 2014, 03:47:31 pm »
Hopefully we get a dubious penalty late in the game to give us a 2-0 victory and win the league on goals scored.

Offline random22

• Kopite
« Reply #333 on: April 8, 2014, 03:48:43 pm »
Most of the pictures in the OP don't load for me.

I can only see the first one. The rest don't load for me either.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2014, 03:51:32 pm by random22 »

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: April 8, 2014, 03:49:16 pm »
I'm meant to be going to Chester Zoo. Ticket or no ticket, fuck that.

Offline Hollywood Balls

• Pine Wood Cock
  • Kopite
  • "Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville."
« Reply #335 on: April 8, 2014, 03:52:27 pm »

Goal bonus Sunday in terms of our goal difference - every goal counts as double.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts: CAN'T LOSE!

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: April 8, 2014, 03:52:30 pm »
Again we go into a match and i'm not sure what system we'll use. That's probably a good thing as neither do the opposition. What's the best approach? Do we play 442 diamond, get the extra man in the central area, allow City's fullbacks to bomb forward leaving Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling(at the tip of the diamond) up against their two centre backs on the counter. It's worked away but is that too conservative for Anfield? Should we go 433 and try and attack them like Arsenal, Everton and Spurs.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: April 8, 2014, 04:00:22 pm »
Even if we don't win on Sunday, it's not over, never give in.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: April 8, 2014, 04:06:12 pm »

Fuck me are you sure?

I was going for Sturridge 3, 25

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #339 on: April 8, 2014, 04:09:17 pm »

Not necessary .....we will win ...Arsenalesque performance from us ....trust me ....it's happening  ;)

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #340 on: April 8, 2014, 04:09:40 pm »

Think a draw is the bare minimum we should be aiming for. As long as we don't let these gain on us.

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #341 on: April 8, 2014, 04:09:57 pm »
One of Sturridge's best games in a red shirt was the Man City away fixture last season.  He was superb.

He was.

The good thing for us is that both Sturridge and Suarez will play better than they did at West Ham. Both were just a little bit off there. No way that will happen at Anfield on Sunday.
YWNA

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: April 8, 2014, 04:12:16 pm »

Of course not, but we'll be asking for something major from the Palace and Everton games. We'll be wishing for too much imo.

Amazing how 1 point can make all the difference. If it was a 1 point difference between us and City, a draw wouldn't be too bad. All we would need is for City to draw one game, and for us to win the rest. The 2 point difference is instead asking for the permutations in my other post, and for me that's a big ask.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #343 on: April 8, 2014, 04:22:44 pm »
Each game we play now is a thousand times bigger than Istanbul, whether it's City or Norwich.  Win this and I think our rivals will capitulate/collapse.

That's how big it is.

As Neil Atkinson said today, let's give them a true wall of noise; like nothing even our greatest European nights have summoned.  We'll show them what true spirit is.

:lmao

These games are huge, but 1000 times bigger than perhaps the greatest night in the history of the club? The signal that after 15 years we were in a position to challenge for major silverware again? The biggest trophy in club football?

This game is massive, our biggest since Athens, but that is ridiculous.

Offline FoolForPool

• Main Stander
« Reply #344 on: April 8, 2014, 04:32:09 pm »
Win or lose, our team have done brilliantly this season. 
As long as we play well and honour the memories of our fallen 96 then it should be a great game.

Saying that, I so hope we crush these bastards!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #345 on: April 8, 2014, 04:36:50 pm »
Christian Ballbag Purslow on SSN now.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: April 8, 2014, 04:39:18 pm »
jOGA? chester zoo? imagine walking round there with a game like this going on????  even the animals would be getting nervous with my prescence.....
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #347 on: April 8, 2014, 04:42:10 pm »
Again we go into a match and i'm not sure what system we'll use. That's probably a good thing as neither do the opposition. What's the best approach? Do we play 442 diamond, get the extra man in the central area, allow City's fullbacks to bomb forward leaving Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling(at the tip of the diamond) up against their two centre backs on the counter. It's worked away but is that too conservative for Anfield? Should we go 433 and try and attack them like Arsenal, Everton and Spurs.

One of the great things about Rafa was that in big, big games, he was quite willing to go for substance over style, regardless of whether it was a home or away game. Some games, you just have to do what you need to do to win. If we were to set up more defensively, concede possession a bit more than we like to, clog the middle where City are strong, and rely on the 3v2 you talk about to get us a goal, then we might be in for a frustrating game from an entertainment point of view, but a brilliant outcome in terms of the result. I think almost all Liverpool supporters would accept that trade-off at this point of the season. For me, as an avid supporter and believer in Rodgers from the very first day, if he were to win this game in a pure tactical sense, then that would just elevate him to a whole new level of management. It would be a great precursor to next season in the Champions League.

If we go into the game in an attacking 4-3-3 betting our attack versus theirs, it will be a very entertaining game for all who watch - but I think the result might end up hinging on a few mistakes, rather than any sort of dominance from either side. Our home form versus City's away form would suggest we are slight favourites, but in big games like these, the form book doesn't usually apply.

If we set up in the diamond, I think it will be a very tense game to be a part of (as spectator, coach or player), but I also think we'll generate a lot more control of it than if we simply try to outscore them
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #348 on: April 8, 2014, 04:46:41 pm »
He was.

The good thing for us is that both Sturridge and Suarez will play better than they did at West Ham. Both were just a little bit off there. No way that will happen at Anfield on Sunday.

I agree, West Ham kept very tight on both of them and mostly went long, so there was very little space for either of them. City will be more adventurous and I think S&S will find more space to run into.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline lebowski25

• Main Stander
« Reply #349 on: April 8, 2014, 04:48:20 pm »
Just got a ticket for this. WAHEYYYYY

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: April 8, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »
One of the great things about Rafa was that in big, big games, he was quite willing to go for substance over style, regardless of whether it was a home or away game. Some games, you just have to do what you need to do to win. If we were to set up more defensively, concede possession a bit more than we like to, clog the middle where City are strong, and rely on the 3v2 you talk about to get us a goal, then we might be in for a frustrating game from an entertainment point of view, but a brilliant outcome in terms of the result. I think almost all Liverpool supporters would accept that trade-off at this point of the season. For me, as an avid supporter and believer in Rodgers from the very first day, if he were to win this game in a pure tactical sense, then that would just elevate him to a whole new level of management. It would be a great precursor to next season in the Champions League.

If we go into the game in an attacking 4-3-3 betting our attack versus theirs, it will be a very entertaining game for all who watch - but I think the result might end up hinging on a few mistakes, rather than any sort of dominance from either side. Our home form versus City's away form would suggest we are slight favourites, but in big games like these, the form book doesn't usually apply.

If we set up in the diamond, I think it will be a very tense game to be a part of (as spectator, coach or player), but I also think we'll generate a lot more control of it than if we simply try to outscore them

We score more than they do. Simple as that. Should it take Fat Sham tactics to obtain such an outcome, I'm happy with that.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #351 on: April 8, 2014, 04:55:43 pm »
Each game we play now is a thousand times bigger than Istanbul, whether it's City or Norwich.

That to me is a f**king ridiculous thing to say. Istanbul was my greatest night ever as a fan for 17 odd years. Last I checked we haven't won shit at this moment this season, so to say that is just plain hyperbolic nonsense.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: April 8, 2014, 05:28:40 pm »

Think Rodgers may mix,  433 first 20 mins, fast start, use the crowd, switch to diamond there after. 
No time for caution.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #353 on: April 8, 2014, 05:30:38 pm »
Think Rodgers may mix,  433 first 20 mins, fast start, use the crowd, switch to diamond there after.

Could be right, but probably the switch might happen at half time, depending on how we're doing.

It's great that we can discuss the options Rodgers might take.

Because it means Pellegrini doesn't have a notion about which way we'll go either :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: April 8, 2014, 05:32:40 pm »
If Allen's fit, he'll play.

I'd be tempted to go with Lucas over Allen with this one. Someone who's a big stronger in the tackle. Will be useful to help deal with Fernandinho and Toure's runs.

Offline olllie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: April 8, 2014, 05:34:25 pm »
Control Yaya Toure, control the game. Lucas must start

Offline lebowski25

• Main Stander
« Reply #356 on: April 8, 2014, 05:36:55 pm »
Lucas was all over Toure in the 3-0 that we won a couple years back. More of the same please.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: April 8, 2014, 05:39:34 pm »

I'd rather 4-3-3.

I think the problem with the Diamond is it can expose our full backs.  The City full backs like to overlap and that could cause some problems, like it did against Southampton in the first half.

With 4-3-3 we can have Suarez and Sterling tracking those runs.  Suarez might have to play a more disciplined role at times when we don't have the ball, like he did in the home game against Arsenal, for the good of the team.

We should still have enough control of the centre of midfield with three in there.  Gerrard can control Silva, Henderson pressing Toure and Coutinho or Allen on Fernandinho.  I'd rather Coutinho, as Fernandinho is more defensive minded and will be worrying about stopping Coutinho.  Also Coutinho has shown he can get stuck in these games vs Arsenal, Everton, even against West Ham on the weekend he was  winning his tackles, his probably was in possession on Sunday.

I like the Diamond, but for me in this game I'd rather 4-3-3.  I also think the City back four will struggle stopping our front three, especially as they have some weak links in their back four who can be targetted.

But as you say the beauty of our team is we can change the formation within the game if needed and we probably will see more than one formation used.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: April 8, 2014, 05:39:43 pm »
I'd be tempted to go with Lucas over Allen with this one. Someone who's a big stronger in the tackle. Will be useful to help deal with Fernandinho and Toure's runs.

He probably knows Fernandinho's game pretty well too.

Remember when he bossed Yaya Toure at Anfield before his first injury?  That was boss.  He was boss.  Boss.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #359 on: April 8, 2014, 05:40:23 pm »
Could be right, but probably the switch might happen at half time, depending on how we're doing.

It's great that we can discuss the options Rodgers might take.

Because it means Pellegrini doesn't have a notion about which way we'll go either :D

Out of curiosity, PoP, how likely do you think Pellegrini is to go for his 442/4222 away at Anfield? If he were to deploy that, what would be the best approach from BR in terms of both countering it AND maximizing our chances of imposing our game on them?
Ludi Circenses!