Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 43498 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #800 on: December 31, 2011, 12:52:38 pm »
When was the last time we came back from one goal behind?

When was the last time we scored three in a league game?  :-X

I think a number of our recent signings haven't quite yet grasped what it is to play for Liverpool FC.  They've not yet made the step up in commitment.  It's not that they lack the ability to step up; just a lack of self belief.  Gerrard pretty much is Liverpool so it doesn't surprise me that a lot of these players relax when he comes onto the pitch and start raising their game.

The only players who have slotted in no problem are Enrique and Bellamy, which isn't surprising given the Spanish speaking contingent in the side and the latter's previous LFC run.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #801 on: December 31, 2011, 01:00:05 pm »
When was the last time we scored three in a league game?  :-X

Bolton 3-1 was it?

Technically we score 4...just not all in the right net ;)
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: December 31, 2011, 01:02:33 pm »
I thought Skrtel was a good shout for MOM that goal line clearence was definitely the turing point in the game, had that went in it would almost have certainty ended 2-2
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: December 31, 2011, 01:04:35 pm »
OptaJoe Opta Sports
18/1 - Liverpool have hit the woodwork most often (18) and had their own posts struck the joint-fewest times (1). Margins.

This makes me feel sick  :wanker
Trapps Army 2012

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #804 on: December 31, 2011, 01:05:13 pm »
I thought Skrtel was a good shout for MOM that goal line clearence was definitely the turing point in the game, had that went in it would almost have certainty ended 2-2

Fucking great clearance wasn't it. He was fantastic all night.

Our back 5 are the business.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #805 on: December 31, 2011, 01:08:43 pm »
To be honest I can't see why anyone would have anything positive to say about Carroll's performance. Shocking movement, misplaced passes, can't run with the ball, no vision at all and consistently messes up simple chances.

Sure he might score a few with Gerrard now supplying pinpoint crosses directly onto his head six yards out, but in a passing team like Dalglish has built I'm at a loss to see how he will ever fit in. The ability just isn't there.

Other than Carroll, the team is functioning well. I can't think of many matches we have played poorly in this season.

What do you want to achieve with a post like this? Are you trying to help?

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: December 31, 2011, 01:19:07 pm »
To be honest I can't see why anyone would have anything positive to say about Carroll's performance. Shocking movement, misplaced passes, can't run with the ball, no vision at all and consistently messes up simple chances.

Sure he might score a few with Gerrard now supplying pinpoint crosses directly onto his head six yards out, but in a passing team like Dalglish has built I'm at a loss to see how he will ever fit in. The ability just isn't there.

Other than Carroll, the team is functioning well. I can't think of many matches we have played poorly in this season.

I thought I read he had the highest pass accuracy for our team last night. And when he did get the ball he did well to hold off his defenders and bring Craig Douglas Bellamy, Downing or Johnson into play. I know most people say they don't base Carroll on his 35mil price tag but they fucking well do. He's 22 years old and will grow with the team, he's not as good as Torres was for us yet and he's not as good as Owen was for us so stop expecting him to be. He's a good solid player who Kenny and the management team believe will become a top top player. Right now He needs the service to bring out the best in him, and when he's a lone striker he needs early balls.
  He does need to get better in a few areas and I have no doubt he'll be working on it in training. These aren't quick fixes either and gradually he'll improve and improve over the coming years.
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: December 31, 2011, 01:47:06 pm »
I hope were in for Demba Ba cos he was fantastic yesterday. His movement was superb

Eh ?? Apart the one chance (which Skrtel cleared off the line) I don't recall Ba doing anything for the whole game/

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: December 31, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »
Eh ?? Apart the one chance (which Skrtel cleared off the line) I don't recall Ba doing anything for the whole game/

He counted all the small change in Skrtel's pocket.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #810 on: December 31, 2011, 01:52:56 pm »
with all the flak we took over albert and andy with injuries, why would we sign a striker with a knee that the stoke doctor called a ticking bomb, you know if we spend money on him with our luck his first game will be his last!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: December 31, 2011, 01:54:28 pm »
Lovely team performance, too many people played well for me to really single people out.

Great to see us score three and look alot more confident.

How Cabaye and Collocini never got booked for the two footed stamp and the elbow i'll never know. I say it every week but it rings true that the level of refereeing in this league is shockingly bad.

So good to see Gerrard back in the side, he creates so many big chances for the attackers

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: December 31, 2011, 01:56:35 pm »
Regarding the misplaced passes argument:

Adam:  Passes-35 Successful-21 Unsuccessful-14

Carroll:  Passes-25 Successful-21 Unsuccessful-4

Gerrard:  Passes-26  Successful- 18 Unsuccessful-8

Henderson:  Passes-38 Successful-28 Unsuccessful-9 (1 assist)

Bellamy:  Passes-39 Successful-23 Unsuccessful-16

Downing:  Passes-56  Successful-44 Unsuccessful-12

Only person with less misplaced passes than Carroll was Pepe with 2.

Trapps Army 2012

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #813 on: December 31, 2011, 02:01:33 pm »
quite a few positives from the game. downing looks ( slowly) to be learning that you have to create your own space, and looks more willing to take defenders on. spearing was fantastic, a player we can always rely on when called up. henderson grew when stevie came on, which bodes well for the future. the same could be said of carroll, what a difference good delivery makes. the defence were solid and controlled again. the one down point for me was the form of charlie adam, he seems to slow the pace down too much, doesnt really influence the midfield and cant tackle.

Offline kiddie

• Kemlynite
« Reply #814 on: December 31, 2011, 02:04:11 pm »
That's not the reason at all.

Here's mine:
1. He's too young to write off so soon.
2. He's not had a good run of games
3. He's got the burden of a huge price tag
4. He's trying to adapt to a new team
5. Apart from 30mins tonight he's not had a great supply in the air - his main strength.
6. Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush think that he is a cert to be a star and both know more about football than I ever will.
7. He's our player

Prob about the best reply to all the shite being written about andy.  Well said.
wife, kids, life, football.  Not always in that order!!

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #815 on: December 31, 2011, 02:06:36 pm »
Just sat and watched the game. Before I get to our performance, I just want to have a word (as i'm sure others have before me in the thread) about the reffing.

1) Tiote - Straight red for that fucking elbow which was deliberate and lucky not to injure our lad (I think it was henderson)
2) Cabaye - Straight red for the shitehouse challenge less than 1 second later that was studs up, off the ground, no where near the fucking ball and lucky not to break spearings ankle
3) Straight red for Collocini for an even more terrible and fucking nasty elbow which was deliberate on Bellamy causing him to have to go off
4) Guitierrez (or however you spell it) second yellow for his challenge on Johnson.

What a fucking shock. Another utterly inept reffing display. I know, I know, after a 3-1 win at home where the ball actually went in I should be gushing with red bias, but how much longer do we have to sit and see this pathetic lack of consistency before something is done about it? Drives me fucking barmy.

Anyhow, down to the game. How fucking lucky are opponents that we keep letting them have 1-0 head starts. Second time in a week that a team has basically had 1 actual attack all game and got an own goal off us. Annoying, but gave us a bit of a kick in the backside.

Craig Bellamy was superb today I thought, full of running, brilliantly taken goals. I thought we were greatly improved with Spearing in the middle and the defense as always was cracking (bar the own goal)

Now onto a few other points.

1) Gerrard and the sheer impact he has. It's no surprise to me that yet again we were 100% better when he came on. Charlie actually didn't have a bad game today, but the sheer drive and speed of thought from Gerrard shows all of us what we're missing when he's not playing. He was fantastic and the goal was simply Gerrard. Brilliantly taken, great run, you know how the praise goes. It's so good to have him back, but worrying as to how much he improves us from midfield these days.

2) Carroll. I see there's arguments aplenty about the lad again today. I thought he had a poor first half and a good second, so unlucky to hit the bar with the header. You can tell his confidence is shot, but and this is a big but, the difference in him from when Gerrard came on and he suddenly had someone who could be bothered to look up and try and supply him early is catastrophic for our other players, it really is. 2 crosses from Gerrard, one carroll mis controlled and should have done a lot better, the other one he rattled the crossbar. Funnily enough, both crossed from deep, just like his towering header against man city last season in that game that everyone goes on about. It's not fucking rocket science. He can be a player for us, but the rest of the team have to get their heads around how to supply early ball, quick, precise crossing for him to be a danger.
Now that i've said all that, feel free to correct me if it wasn't gerrard who put the cross in for the header off the bar, i was hungover to fuck when i watched the game this morning ;D

Overall, i thought that until gerrard came on it wasn't the most convincing of performances against yet another side that looked inept and bereft of ideas at anfield. It's not coincidence that a lot of these teams looking toothless going forward against us, we do that to them. Don't forget that the geordies had been playing well away from home this season.

I think that maybe i do hold our performance up to too high a standard at times. Pepe never had a save to make, despite lacking the zip in midfield until adam went off, we did control it and at times we did break well. I thought downing was a bit better today, a lot more available, but still lacking in end product which is annoying.

But fuck all that, it was the perfect way for us to go into the new year. We've broken our self imposed goal scoring hoodoo and the captain is fucking back.

Let's fuck twat all and sundry in the second half of the season. Fucking bring it on!

:scarf

(that's an utter rambling mess isn't it.... ;D )
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: December 31, 2011, 02:12:00 pm »
OptaJoe Opta Sports
18/1 - Liverpool have hit the woodwork most often (18) and had their own posts struck the joint-fewest times (1). Margins.

This makes me feel sick  :wanker

'Kin hell. :lmao

Offline kiddie

• Kemlynite
« Reply #817 on: December 31, 2011, 02:13:24 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (for the post 2 up)

Again well put, really wish some people would see past the price tag and piss poor support andy's been getting.

Does anybody see a system where luis, andy and stevie g can play in same team?
wife, kids, life, football.  Not always in that order!!

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: December 31, 2011, 02:17:50 pm »

Again well put, really wish some people would see past the price tag and piss poor support andy's been getting.

Yes, I do. Carroll is not the finished article, not by a long way. If ever he needed proof of that, that ball at his first from Gerrard and his woeful first touch will have convinced him of that, But he has all the attributes to be a really good player, if he so desires.

Offline rollwithit

• Boys Pen
  • Chiek Tiote makes onions cry
« Reply #819 on: December 31, 2011, 02:21:24 pm »
Selling Andy Carroll for 35 mil and getting Ba for nowt is the best bit of business Newcastle united will ever do. Shame we don't get to spend the wedge like

Offline neopulian

• Main Stander
  • veni, vidi, vici
« Reply #820 on: December 31, 2011, 02:23:43 pm »
You call Carroll atrocious and then accuse people for not understanding the game.

Go figure.

You call Carroll atrocious and then accuse people for not understanding the game.

Go figure.

I said so simply because his first half was atrocious. He improved in the second half but not nearly enough. To know if he was doing his job (regardless if he was scoring or not), watch him play and ask yourself this: "Is he in position?" and "Is he making the right run?".  He did neither, especially in the first half.

Some of you got a hard-on about his "helping out the midfield" -- but that helping is detrimental if you end up NOT being where you are supposed to be. It's fine if you want to get involved in the build up, but lay it off and then dash into an attacking position. Carroll did not do that. He made a touch, then casually strolled around and the results were Liverpool played effectively without a striker in those plays. His improvement in the second half was simply down to ONE factor: he stayed up front more.

He was either terrible or scared of making the right runs. He couldn't read flick-on, he was hopeless at spotting how a teammate's movement had created space for him hence he couldn't utilized it. And I have especial beef with his running to back post when the logical run is to the front of the goal and position himself for a cutback.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:35:51 pm by neopulian »

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: December 31, 2011, 02:56:35 pm »
I thought Carroll was OK, but there was one point that I am wondering about.

When Bellamy put that cross across the goal on the ground where was Carroll?!  I know where he was...30 yds from the goal watching the ball.  He took the ball 30-35yds out and started the play with a pass out to the left.  The moment he passed the ball he should have made a straight full speed run towards the goal.  Instead he passed, stood still, and watched!!  KK and Clark need to be fuming mad about this!  I saw a figure that Carroll is actually the fastest player on the team and he surely would have been in front of the goal to receive that ball for a tap in!

I full support AC and I know he'll come good, but he needs to work at 110% to get there!
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #822 on: December 31, 2011, 03:47:49 pm »
Thought Henderson and Downings work rates were fantastic and instrumental in making sure we had plenty of ball. Both looked a lot better last night and reckon the quality may well start to come from them both as looked settled and happy last night.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #823 on: December 31, 2011, 03:58:36 pm »

Well I posted this a few months as an all-out formation, but I think with Lucas and Adam in the side and our exceptional defence it might work.

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas Adam
Suarez                         Bellamy
                 Gerrard

Carroll
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: December 31, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »
87:13