Author Topic: Re: Liverpool 2- 0 Tottenham  (Read 36492 times)

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
Re: Re: Liverpool vs Tottenham February 11th, 5:30 pm
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2017, 07:36:44 pm »
That Jake congratulating Chelsea on winning the league, absolute bellend he is!
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »
Brilliant performance and well deserved win. Spurs cannot beat us when they try to play their own game.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Full time: Liverpool 2-0 Spurs
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2017, 07:37:02 pm »
Buzzing. This is why it's crucial we sign more players with pace like Mane. It stretches the game. 2-0 and a great start to my week off for half term. Get in

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Liverpool vs Tottenham February 11th, 5:30 pm
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2017, 07:37:22 pm »
Not so miserable now are you lads

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2017, 07:37:25 pm »
Wasn't it him that gave Henderson that shiner? Spurs own fault for letting us play. Taking Can out gave Wij so much more room and thought him and Hendo played well. Lallana linked up and knitted play with Bobby remembering he's better through the middle. Spurs had one chance with Son. That is all

Gave Henderson the cut under his eye, also knocked Clyne down twice only for Kane to follow through. Was snide throughout. Also I completely agree with the bolded bits

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2017, 07:37:38 pm »
The workrate from the whole team was immense!

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2017, 07:37:39 pm »
Ball recoveries

Henderson - 9
Wijnaldum - 7
Lallana - 6

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2017, 07:37:41 pm »
I think this is the start of a blistering run of form for us, the Liverpool of earlier in the season is back!

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2017, 07:38:23 pm »
Well that's the hangover of January behind us thank fuck, what a great win tonight, sublime first half and well played 2nd half. We didn't really let them get into the game, ref was a bit of a c*nt in the 2nd but thankfully it didn't cost us anything as it would over the last 4 weeks!

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2017, 07:38:44 pm »
let's start the season anew from here. Huge win, given the context, now we need to push on.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sikingthegreat1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2017, 07:39:11 pm »
brilliant first half, but really pleased to see how we played the second half - a very mature, professional job - just disrupt the rhythm and cut out anything before danger is developed. this type of performance is good for our heart indeed. more to come as the team grow under klopp~~

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2017, 07:39:14 pm »
Get the fuck in redmen!!! Now I can properly enjoy my night out. ;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2017, 07:39:33 pm »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2017, 07:39:53 pm »
Brilliant

Never stopped, never looked like stopping. Can't pick one player over another and I don't think it's fair too but Firmino does incredibly well to win as many challenges as he does. Would like to see the stats for that.

Think it's a good indication that we do need a week between games for this front six.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2017, 07:41:02 pm »
did this thread just shrink from 25 pages to 3? 8)

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Liverpool 2- 0 Tottenham
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2017, 07:41:29 pm »
Well done team!

Frustrating in a way to play like this given how we really struggled in the last 10 games. But delighted that the rot has finally stopped!

With plenty of rest between all of our remaining games this season, let this be our new starting pad and banish that horrid month that was January 2017 for all time!

I still feel we need a new approach for the 'lesser' teams. We really should be beating them. Prove that we can do that and we can start looking up the table. 2nd place isn't beyond us.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2017, 07:41:44 pm »
I will always be confident with us against the big teams with Klopp there. Hopefully this sets us off on the run that our tough games at the start of the season did.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2017, 07:41:56 pm »
I can't believe I'm actually gonna write this sentence - Lucas was superb. If it wasn't for mane, he might actually have been my man of the match.

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2017, 07:41:56 pm »
13/14:
25 games played, 50 points
25th game is a convincing win against rival (Arsenal), is the start of a 13 wins in a row

16/17:
25 games played, 49 points
25th game is a convincing win against rival (Tottenham), is the start of...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Liverpool 2- 0 Tottenham
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2017, 07:42:28 pm »
2 weeks break will help us too, we will get a good much needed rest. Let's just play as good agains lower teams.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2017, 07:42:31 pm »
2-0!
A really good performance. We bossed the game and could/should have scored more. Was good to see the intensity. When we play like this, we are the best side in the league. Mane makes a real difference for us. His speed is unique in our side and he is our best goalscorer for a reason. Let's build on this performance.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Zinc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All Good, Clean Fun...(whatever that means)...
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2017, 07:42:39 pm »
How did Delle go the whole game without a yellow at least was beyond me. Oh no, Taylor was the ref...
twitter: @ampersandad

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2017, 07:42:58 pm »
did this thread just shrink from 25 pages to 3? 8)

think the mod just added this as a post match thread.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2017, 07:43:29 pm »
Boss tha  8)

Well in Reds and thank you

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2017, 07:43:47 pm »
Can one of the mods unlock the Wijnaldum thread?
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline MrBernard

• Kemlynite
  • Don't make me laugh... bitterly.
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2017, 07:43:50 pm »
How does Ali get away with his shit?

The ref managed to stay objective until he realized we were on our way to a comfortable win. Then he showed his true colours. F*cking obvious c*nt!
Forget your beaches and jungles; we're going somewhere where I can read, sit and have a quiet drink.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2017, 07:43:54 pm »
We showed intelligence on and off the pitch, it was great!

We were smart and proactive playing Can in the holding role once Henderson got a booking. Meant we could defend breaks better, and if needed Can could have taken a yellow for the team. Also meant we had Henderson's energy and quick/direct moving of the ball in midfield.

Lucas had a good game, and Matip improved a lot second half. Happy enough with Lucas being our 4th choice defender, as long as we are willing to sub him. Us subbing him seemed enforced, and it meant he could go off with a good performance to be proud of, before he could make a tired mistake.

But on a serious note, what on earth does our fitness man from Bayern do? Totally baffled that we seem more aware of Lucas's physical condition and fitness on an internet fucking forum. Is he really bad at his job and so doesn't see what we do? Or is he aware of Lucas's issues, but everyone ignores him?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2017, 07:44:51 pm »
How did Delle go the whole game without a yellow at least was beyond me. Oh no, Taylor was the ref...

Half expect he did something to Henderson to give him the mark on his eye too.

Quick rule of thumb - if you're English and you play for Spurs you are both a very angry man and a dirty c*nt

Online Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2017, 07:44:59 pm »
So happy we've finally got the win we so badly needed and before a 16 day break too.

Difficult to decide between Mane and Wijnaldum for motm, both played incredibly well.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2017, 07:45:10 pm »
Buzzing. This is why it's crucial we sign more players with pace like Mane. It stretches the game. 2-0 and a great start to my week off for half term. Get in

Agreed.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2017, 07:45:19 pm »
Perfect performance really

All over them in the first half, got the necessary lead. Second half stayed more compact, and made sure that we were always in position to disrupt them. Henderson in particular was covering about two thirds of the pitch sniffing out loose touches and launching himself at the ball. Love it.

Wijnaldum's best game for us as well imo. Seemed somehow more mobile, quicker thinking, and sharper on the ball.

Thought Lucas was great, and the team did a brilliant job in funneling play to keep him from getting isolated.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2017, 07:45:19 pm »
I can't believe I'm actually gonna write this sentence - Lucas was superb. If it wasn't for mane, he might actually have been my man of the match.
;D
I'm gutted he didn't complete the 90 minutes, but yeah he was brilliant, some superb interceptions and all round good reading of the game.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2017, 07:45:27 pm »
2 weeks break will help us too, we will get a good much needed rest. Let's just play as good agains lower teams.

On the contrary after a win its the worst time for a break.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2017, 07:45:35 pm »
Great from start to finish. If only every club came to play football we'd piss the league. Got to find a way to break down the bus parkers.
Mane, Henderson, Firmino, Gini, Lucas all superb, the rest just very good.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2017, 07:45:38 pm »
A fucking performance that while it makes me estatic it also pisses me off........Damn we can be so fucking good and then not turn up.

A quality 10 out of 10 performance......next 14 games the same please.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2017, 07:45:41 pm »
Excellent result, brilliant performance.  On and off the ball we were on another level to a very good Spurs team and Klopp and his coaching staff got it tactically spot on.  Need to use this to push on now and maintain this level of energy and sharpness in every game between now and May, there's no reason we can't do that and finish in the top four because we can beat anyone if we keep playing like we did today.

Mane was outstanding but Wijnaldum was the MOTM for me, he was absolutely everywhere and some of his touches on the ball were world class.  Everyone played very well today, Firmino, Lallana and Henderson were all excellent and we were really solid and organised at the back.  I think Spurs' midfield are up there with the best in the league but ours made Dembele and Wanyama look ordinary today. 

We had to win today by any means it took but to do so in the manner that we have should give everyone a massive lift.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2017, 07:45:42 pm »
All about team selection. This same midfield was destrying teams in the league up until December. Then shit happened and it was disrupted. Back together again, those 3 and it showed. I honestly believe it is one of the best midfields in the league.

I hope we persist. Great win. Gini MOTM for me.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2017, 07:45:48 pm »
That run from Firmino when he was cynically clipped... wow. every touch bamboozled another spurs player
It's times like that you wonder if it should not have been a red.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2017, 07:46:03 pm »
Wythenshawe's finest! :-X
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2017, 07:46:21 pm »
Well done team!

Frustrating in a way to play like this given how we really struggled in the last 10 games. But delighted that the rot has finally stopped!

With plenty of rest between all of our remaining games this season, let this be our new starting pad and banish that horrid month that was January 2017 for all time!

I still feel we need a new approach for the 'lesser' teams. We really should be beating them. Prove that we can do that and we can start looking up the table. 2nd place isn't beyond us.

Lots of lesser teams will now have to attack because they're desperate for points. Leicester in a few weeks can't afford to sit back, games will be more open
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'