Author Topic: Liverpool 2 - 0 Tottenham  (Read 62678 times)

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool vs Tottenham February 12th, 5:30 pm
« Reply #200 on: February 7, 2017, 12:33:19 pm »
Personally think if there is one team in this league set up to tear us a new one it's Spurs. Solid at the back, big, powerful in the middle and some really clinical players going forward. We dealt with them very well earlier in the season but I do worry that, given our form and lack of confidence, this could be very different.

The thought of Wanyama and Dembele against our lot at the minute doesn't give me much hope at all that we can score as many as we'll need to. Hate being this negative but I've tried the whole 'we're Klopp's Liverpool and we'll smash anyone' thing and we're still shite, so may as well just be honest.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 7, 2017, 12:40:15 pm »
Personally think if there is one team in this league set up to tear us a new one it's Spurs. Solid at the back, big, powerful in the middle and some really clinical players going forward. We dealt with them very well earlier in the season but I do worry that, given our form and lack of confidence, this could be very different.

The thought of Wanyama and Dembele against our lot at the minute doesn't give me much hope at all that we can score as many as we'll need to. Hate being this negative but I've tried the whole 'we're Klopp's Liverpool and we'll smash anyone' thing and we're still shite, so may as well just be honest.

Like Chelsea then? Can't believe how many they smashed us by

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #202 on: February 7, 2017, 12:40:58 pm »

Yet despite this we've beaten Spurs once and quite frankly should have beaten them earlier on in the league. We have an excellent record against the top teams. While its true we have had a horrible month, this is just the sort of game that can kick-start your season. We shouldn't fear them, and with Anfield bouncing there is no reason as to why we can't get a win.

All of the top teams have had their crappy runs this year. If Chelsea had not had the run after falling out of form, it would be very different now. But they've all come out of it stronger, no reason why we can't do the same. We just need to stay positive and believe, the tide will turn then we can see where it takes us.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 7, 2017, 12:41:17 pm »

I have to agree if they can defend well like these bus parking teams do against us, Spurs could be devastating on the counter. 

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #204 on: February 7, 2017, 12:43:46 pm »
Like Chelsea then? Can't believe how many they smashed us by

I didn't really expect Chelsea to beat us because I don't think they're as expansive as Spurs, especially away from home. Chelsea were always going to be a bit more cautious, especially given that they didn't NEED to beat us - a draw suited them fine. Spurs don't ever play like that.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #205 on: February 7, 2017, 12:46:37 pm »
I have to agree if they can defend well like these bus parking teams do against us, Spurs could be devastating on the counter.

Any team can be devastating on the counter and you know what with Mane back we are not too shabby either.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #206 on: February 7, 2017, 12:48:02 pm »
I didn't really expect Chelsea to beat us because I don't think they're as expansive as Spurs, especially away from home. Chelsea were always going to be a bit more cautious, especially given that they didn't NEED to beat us - a draw suited them fine. Spurs don't ever play like that.

I really hope Spurs are expansive, we will see.

Doom mongers galore at the moment.

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #207 on: February 7, 2017, 12:51:41 pm »
I really hope Spurs are expansive, we will see.

Doom mongers galore at the moment.

Doom mongers or realists? It seems you aren't allowed to be realistic at the minute, but the truth is we are in truly horrible form, with probably two or three players playing well, and it's gone on longer than to just be a blip. I wouldn't be all that shocked if we got a result, Klopp's Liverpool do surprise results like nobody else, but I just think that if both teams play anything like they have done recently then Tottenham beat us because they are a better football team with better players in better form.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 7, 2017, 12:55:06 pm »
Can't wait to see the fume on here when Klopp names this team

Migs
Clyne Matip Lucas Milner
Hendo Can
Lallana
Mane Firmino Coutinho

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 7, 2017, 12:57:41 pm »
Doom mongers or realists? It seems you aren't allowed to be realistic at the minute, but the truth is we are in truly horrible form, with probably two or three players playing well, and it's gone on longer than to just be a blip. I wouldn't be all that shocked if we got a result, Klopp's Liverpool do surprise results like nobody else, but I just think that if both teams play anything like they have done recently then Tottenham beat us because they are a better football team with better players in better form.

Realistic is fine, but too many write us off completely before the game's even kicked off. Spurs can be a very good side, but how many time recently have they come to Anfield and not played as well as they can? Also loads of people wrote us off against Chelsea yet we still came back from being 1-0 down. Spurs form away has been erratic somewhat, they have disappointed in games they were expected to win. If we go in with the right attitude there's no reason to think we cannot get a good result. 

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #210 on: February 7, 2017, 12:58:48 pm »
Personally think if there is one team in this league set up to tear us a new one it's Spurs.

That's the spirit.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #211 on: February 7, 2017, 01:03:00 pm »
When we win a game we're going to win the league.

When we lose the game we need a new manager.

Honestly people are so extreme, we're in a slump, or more so back at a level this squad is expected to reach - if we keep players fit we might over achieve, but either way we have a world class manager and hopefully a transfer budget (or more so the ability to pay salaries at a level we need to) which allows us to get more quality players in the summer.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 7, 2017, 01:04:46 pm »
People are going overboard on Spurs. They are a good side but guess what other team won 1 out of 10 this season? Yep, Spurs. They havent looked prolific last few games.

We wont thrash them but we should win. Just dont give away stupid goals.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #213 on: February 7, 2017, 01:08:58 pm »
People are going overboard on Spurs. They are a good side but guess what other team won 1 out of 10 this season? Yep, Spurs. They havent looked prolific last few games.

We wont thrash them but we should win. Just dont give away stupid goals.

I think we'll do fine, for once someone won't sit back

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #214 on: February 7, 2017, 01:27:51 pm »
So what changes can he realistically make that might improve us...

Karius for Mignolet ?

Moreno for a tired Milner ?

TAA for Clyne?

Wijnaldum for Can?

A change to our attacking shape? Possibly to a diamond - which isn't that big a disruption from 4-3-3 and we played it at Old Trafford.

Dunno... there aren't actually that many options

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #215 on: February 7, 2017, 01:35:02 pm »
When we win a game we're going to win the league.

When we lose the game we need a new manager.

Honestly people are so extreme, we're in a slump, or more so back at a level this squad is expected to reach - if we keep players fit we might over achieve, but either way we have a world class manager and hopefully a transfer budget (or more so the ability to pay salaries at a level we need to) which allows us to get more quality players in the summer.

Honestly thats not how it is at all. If anyone is being extreme it's you with that statement.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
« Reply #216 on: February 7, 2017, 01:36:09 pm »
So what changes can he realistically make that might improve us...

Karius for Mignolet ?

Moreno for a tired Milner ?

TAA for Clyne?

Wijnaldum for Can?

A change to our attacking shape? Possibly to a diamond - which isn't that big a disruption from 4-3-3 and we played it at Old Trafford.

Dunno... there aren't actually that many options

Karius and Wijnlaldum for Mignolet and Can would be it for me. Lets see where our best team can get us. It would be a start.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #217 on: February 7, 2017, 01:42:26 pm »
I've been right off footy since Saturday I haven't really read any topics on the main board and havent even bought a paper for the sports pages. I'm hoping this Saturday can change my mood on football, obviously it's a must win game, but we need to win well and win convincingly, otherwise pessimism will continue to settle in.

I'm more excited about having a day off work on Saturday than I am about the match, and that just feels wrong. Come on reds sort this out.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 7, 2017, 01:45:58 pm »

I agree.

I also think the chances of it happening if we play like we have against most big teams this season is remote to say the least.

Acting like we don't have much hope is just silly.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: February 7, 2017, 01:48:59 pm »
I've been right off footy since Saturday I haven't really read any topics on the main board and havent even bought a paper for the sports pages. I'm hoping this Saturday can change my mood on football, obviously it's a must win game, but we need to win well and win convincingly, otherwise pessimism will continue to settle in.

I'm more excited about having a day off work on Saturday than I am about the match, and that just feels wrong. Come on reds sort this out.

Agree for the most part but any win will do. We are desperate for points at this stage, hopefully any sort of win will help increase performance levels.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #220 on: February 7, 2017, 01:50:04 pm »
                               Bernard Bresslaw

Alan Sugar      Jess Conrad         Emma Bunton      Barry Norman

Peter Purves     

Chas                                 Dave

Salman Rusdie              Bryan Adams            Henry Kelly
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #221 on: February 7, 2017, 01:51:38 pm »

Thinly veiled " i told you so" post in waiting.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 7, 2017, 01:54:15 pm »
So thinly veiled you can't make out the veil.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #223 on: February 7, 2017, 01:56:57 pm »
                               Bernard Bresslaw

Peter Purves     

With adele to bring a bit of oomph off the bench
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 7, 2017, 01:58:22 pm »
Another draw for me. Hopefully we will see a change in the system/player selection that hasn't seemed to be working for a while now.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 7, 2017, 02:02:06 pm »
You can't keep changing keepers every time one of them makes a mistake

Mignolet

Clyne      Matip    Lovren  Milner

Henderson
         Lallana                  Wijnaldum or Can

Mané           Firmino     Coutinho

Is our strongest 11 and will get the Job done against a more expansive Spurs

Mignolet isnt going to get any better so whats the point? Karius was bought as first choice, its time to give him a proper run before the summer to see if he has improved, if not then we will need to look for another first choice keeper

Agree with what someone else said about Henderson, personally think this midfield would be incredibly good (but will never happen anyway)

(Kante equivalent)
Henderson               Lallana

i think you would get much more of Henderson in that role, problem is finding someone like Kante

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 7, 2017, 02:12:36 pm »
                               Bernard Bresslaw

Peter Purves     

The Front three are full of guile, and Adams puts a shift in. The defence, I'm not sure about, but Blue Peter's Makélélé-like talisman should make Bunton and Conrad (who is Jess Conrad?) look like Hansen and Lawrenson. Obviously the goalie is an improvement :D

1-1 (Goals: RUSHdie9 / Kane)

Offline lfcgeorge

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: February 7, 2017, 02:16:53 pm »
If I see the name "Can" in the starting line-up Saturday I will scream!!!

I want to see:

Mignolet
Clyne      Matip    Lovren     Milner

Henderson Wijnaldum
Mane                                 Lallana
                  Coutinho       

Sturridge

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 7, 2017, 02:18:14 pm »
If I see the name "Can" in the starting line-up Saturday I will scream!!!

Be prepared to scream then.  There's a reason why Can plays against all of the better sides in the league. 

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #229 on: February 7, 2017, 02:18:17 pm »

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 7, 2017, 02:20:39 pm »
That's the spirit.

;D

We'll beat them. Classic Liverpool. :thumbup
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #231 on: February 7, 2017, 02:32:47 pm »

Not at all, I hope I come on here and you lot tell me to be more positive and believe a bit more because we've won!

I'll never post an 'I told you so' type post, I'm just being completely honest with what I think given how we're both playing. I think that's only allowed if you say we'll win though isn't it?

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #232 on: February 8, 2017, 02:12:17 am »
                               Bernard Bresslaw

Peter Purves     

The problem with Rusdie is he goes missing
and Bunton you must be kidding, we had enough problems with the Spice Boys

Offline Klippity

• Kemlynite
« Reply #233 on: February 8, 2017, 03:02:23 am »
Have Spurs been "all that" lately....not really.
I can see Klopp  keeping it tighter than usual and trying to nick a goal.
Dont think there will be many goals (if any) in this one

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #234 on: February 8, 2017, 04:24:55 am »
Dele Alli. I don't really mind most of the spurs players, but this guy. Why the hell does it seem so natural to dislike him? If he scores i might come up with some new generation-unseen-epic insults.

Hope at least one of Lovren/Klavan returns for this game and that Mignolet goes back to the bench. I don't really rate Karius that high, but at least he is good looking

and hasn't made me scream on my pillow. Yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEdVDWC1lg0

The change is cast

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 8, 2017, 09:46:07 am »
Okay, this thread has has taken a weird turn..

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 8, 2017, 11:41:06 am »
Okay, this thread has has taken a weird turn..

Yes I agree

Chas playing on the right of midfield when its quite clear that he enjoys cutting in from the left.

Play Dave on the right and we are good to go.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 8, 2017, 11:59:11 am »
Well it sounds as if Klopp has had a right go at the attitude of the players in the games against smaller teams. It needed to be said, we have had this problem even before Klopp arrived at the club. The complacency has to be taken out of the players, I hope we will see improvement in those games. But first Tottenham, I do wonder if he will give Karius a chance.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 8, 2017, 12:17:58 pm »
Well it sounds as if Klopp has had a right go at the attitude of the players in the games against smaller teams. It needed to be said, we have had this problem even before Klopp arrived at the club. The complacency has to be taken out of the players, I hope we will see improvement in those games. But first Tottenham, I do wonder if he will give Karius a chance.

Has he said anything new about this?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 8, 2017, 12:23:40 pm »
Has he said anything new about this?

Couple of rumours of about words being said in the dressing room, also some of the player interviews are talking about having a changed mind-set.