Author Topic: Hull City v Liverpool, Pre-Match thread, Sat 4th February 15:00h  (Read 23208 times)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Hull City v Liverpool, Pre-Match thread, Sat 4th February 15:00h
« Reply #160 on: February 4, 2017, 08:33:59 am »
Only just realised this was a 3 o'clock Saturday kick off, makes a change.
Not sure how close we are to regaining top form but would be great to see a few goals fly in. Can anyone remember our last hat trick?
Happy with 1-0. delighted with 3-0. Come on you Reds

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 4, 2017, 08:47:18 am »
Only just realised this was a 3 o'clock Saturday kick off, makes a change.

Was just thinking about that. When was the last time that happened? Sunderland at Anfield?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #162 on: February 4, 2017, 08:55:39 am »
I actually think if we can get an early goal our confidence will return quickly, now we have our front four together again. Obvioulsy the longer it stays 0-0 the more confidence they will get from it. So we don't give them that option start quickly and ruthlessly, its up to us to dictate the game to them and not the over way around.

Also re: Can. I have just read an interview in the Mirror in which Klopp is saying he has had an injury for the last couple of months. They have been trying to find ways of him managing the injury while he plays. He also said that it's a lot better than it has been. So maybe that is partly why he has struggled recently. He is still young Can, I wouldn't entirely give up on him yet. Having said that I think he will drop to the bench for today's game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 4, 2017, 09:13:43 am »
Thanks for the OP Zlen  :wave

What to expect? What to predict? I think we're a tired team and will welcome less games and intensity over the next few week.
However, it's perhaps fortunate that we're playing away to a team that needs points and may fancy its chances by coming out & at us a bit. That valued bit of space may emerge, the opportunity to create something to trouble their keeper, something that allows our boss technical lads to play combinations together.

2 nil to the Reds.

You learn something everyday though don't you - I never knew Nick & Killer Heels had part time jobs at Hull.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #164 on: February 4, 2017, 09:21:35 am »
Thanks for the OP Zlen  :wave

What to expect? What to predict? I think we're a tired team and will welcome less games and intensity over the next few week.
However, it's perhaps fortunate that we're playing away to a team that needs points and may fancy its chances by coming out & at us a bit. That valued bit of space may emerge, the opportunity to create something to trouble their keeper, something that allows our boss technical lads to play combinations together.

2 nil to the Reds.

You learn something everyday though don't you - I never knew Nick & Killer Heels had part time jobs at Hull.

I fill that testicle costume beautifully don't you think?

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #165 on: February 4, 2017, 09:44:51 am »
Are we wearing the snot green today? Surely not?

I'm going to miss this, haven't missed a game in a long long time. Fucking raging.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #166 on: February 4, 2017, 09:45:06 am »
need to win this, will simply accept nothing less than 3 points. 
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #167 on: February 4, 2017, 09:45:59 am »
Just be glad that you get to see Harry Maguire's marauding runs.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 4, 2017, 09:47:49 am »
I actually think if we can get an early goal our confidence will return quickly, now we have our front four together again. Obvioulsy the longer it stays 0-0 the more confidence they will get from it. So we don't give them that option start quickly and ruthlessly, its up to us to dictate the game to them and not the over way around.

Also re: Can. I have just read an interview in the Mirror in which Klopp is saying he has had an injury for the last couple of months. They have been trying to find ways of him managing the injury while he plays. He also said that it's a lot better than it has been. So maybe that is partly why he has struggled recently. He is still young Can, I wouldn't entirely give up on him yet. Having said that I think he will drop to the bench for today's game.
I'd be pleasantly surprised if Klopp dropped Can

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 4, 2017, 09:54:38 am »
Are we wearing the snot green today? Surely not?

Doesn't matter, we've both won and lost in that kit.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #170 on: February 4, 2017, 10:03:09 am »
Doesn't matter, we've both won and lost in that kit.
I understand that I just mean is there a need for it if we are!
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 4, 2017, 10:04:21 am »
I understand that I just mean is there a need for it if we are!

We might wear red, we wore red against Wolves and they wear orange/gold like Hull.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #172 on: February 4, 2017, 10:10:27 am »
We might wear red, we wore red against Wolves and they wear orange/gold like Hull.

Someone thought they were Hull!
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #173 on: February 4, 2017, 10:24:24 am »
Hopefully Hull got their decent result against one of the top 6 out of their system at United.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 4, 2017, 10:26:42 am »
They kept City out for almost 80 minutes and beat Utd at home so they wont be easy to get past.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 4, 2017, 10:36:41 am »
They kept City out for almost 80 minutes and beat Utd at home so they wont be easy to get past.

Every game is different

Offline Len1

• Main Stander
« Reply #176 on: February 4, 2017, 10:43:31 am »
Interestingly, what is generally viewed as our strongest 10 outfield players, have only started 2 games all season. Spurs and Swansea away. Looks like today Klopp has the opportunity to pick those 10.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #177 on: February 4, 2017, 10:47:36 am »
Very nervy about this. This will either go our way convincingly or it will be a very tough and frustrating evening. Can see the latter happening.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 4, 2017, 10:48:21 am »
Interestingly, what is generally viewed as our strongest 10 outfield players, have only started 2 games all season. Spurs and Swansea away. Looks like today Klopp has the opportunity to pick those 10.

I really want to see Lallana in midfield again. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #179 on: February 4, 2017, 10:54:08 am »
We have had an extra days rest, we have no injuries and Mane is back so there can be no excuses we simply have to go there and deliver and try and get our season back on track. Hopefully with all those games against the Portugese Pullis's outfit they will find it hard to adapt to playing against a team that passes the ball instead of trying constantly to set Zlatan up for a Kungfu kick.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: February 4, 2017, 10:59:11 am »
Remember when we were awesome?

That was fun.

Let's do that again.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #181 on: February 4, 2017, 11:20:08 am »
Now we have everyone back, it's going to be all about attitude. We go with the right attitude, our superior ability should help us take the 3 points. But if we turn up thinking it's going to be a stroll or if our lot simply aren't up for the fight, we'll get beat.

We're going to have to win the battle on the pitch first, in order for us earn to the right to play our football.
Completely agree with this.

Majority of us could probably accept a poor result knowing our lads have worked their bollocks off, but too many times over the years you get the impression they talk up a good game and just fancy turning up for the 3 points vs the "weaker" sides.

Thought we put in a decent shift against the rent boys midweek and there's no excuse not to do the same again today. 15 games left... Let's give it our all and see where we finish come May.
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #182 on: February 4, 2017, 11:32:24 am »
Expecting to be dominant throughout today and pick up three points.
No excuses with everyone back so looking forward to it.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 4, 2017, 11:38:10 am »
Remember when we were awesome?

That was fun.

Let's do that again.

2nd this

and those who have been sticking the knife deeper and deeper into emre's back, he has been suffering from a calf problem and playing through the pain barrier .

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #184 on: February 4, 2017, 11:43:54 am »
2nd this

and those who have been sticking the knife deeper and deeper into emre's back, he has been suffering from a calf problem and playing through the pain barrier .

If that's the case, surely it's a tad daft for him to have started as many games as he has recently?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 4, 2017, 11:45:26 am »
If that's the case, surely it's a tad daft for him to have started as many games as he has recently?

Klopp said in the interview they have been attempting to manage his injury while he continues to play. Sometimes that is what you do with an injury, such as Hendo had to do with his as well.

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #186 on: February 4, 2017, 12:14:43 pm »
To be honest what I want to see more then anything is players playing through the lines, the more vertical 'risky' passes that we were using to cut through teams earlier in the season. We could see a bit of a return to that against Chelsea, which was pleasing, and if we can get out of that habit of passing it side to side on the edge of the 18 yard box then I'll be a lot more happy overall. I know that sometimes there's a lack of movement up front or that there isn't an easy pass on, that keeping the ball is important especially if we've compromised our shape by pushing forward, but it is endlessly frustrating to see players dwelling on the ball and allowing teams to set up a low block which is almost impossible to get through. No matter what we say about players in lower-table teams, they're still Premier League footballers who can do the bread-and-butter defending for hours on end. It needs a bit of a risk, a bit of urgency and a bit of class to get through teams these days and this squad is definitely capable as we saw at the beginning of the season.

Very much looking forward to seeing a Lallana-Henderson-Wijnaldum midfield again!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 4, 2017, 12:16:08 pm »
Another game where we need to make sure we don't get too slow. I expect Hull to mainly use the same tactics we have seen lately from our opponents. Sit back and defend. With Mane back, I think we will find ways to counter that, but it's important we don't just rely on him. Need to win this game.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 4, 2017, 12:18:47 pm »
Another game where we need to make sure we don't get too slow. I expect Hull to mainly use the same tactics we have seen lately from our opponents. Sit back and defend. With Mane back, I think we will find ways to counter that, but it's important we don't just rely on him. Need to win this game.

I don't get why they would sit back for this game. There at home and they desperately need the points. Also they have bought some attacking players in January, I would expect them to be more open, which will play into our hands.

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
  • The Greatest player to wear No.25 for Liverpool
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #189 on: February 4, 2017, 12:19:35 pm »
Anyone have the gif/pic from 2009 when some woman at Hull was getting Mascherano and Kuyt's autograph ?

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #190 on: February 4, 2017, 12:19:53 pm »
The game against Chelsea and to some extent Man City was high intensity which suits out approach and players.

We have to find a way of beating teams that don't want to press or play at a high tempo. Attacking a team that is sitting back for most of the game requires a completely different approach, something we have struggled with. Our build up play has been slow and ponderous, giving each team more time to re-set themselves, then we get frustrated and push high and get done on the counter.

For me its a combination of patience and needing to move the ball much quicker in transition and stretch teams more vertically. I think Mane might help this as his speed can help us get in behind. Lallana back in the midfield helps this too as he provides another option to hendo to deliver penetrating passes.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #191 on: February 4, 2017, 12:26:37 pm »

I can buy that as an excuse for his terrible form, might have even posted on here before about him physically/athletically looking nothing like the player of last season.
Makes the decision to keep starting him all the more dumbfounding though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 4, 2017, 12:31:30 pm »
I can buy that as an excuse for his terrible form, might have even posted on here before about him physically/athletically looking nothing like the player of last season.
Makes the decision to keep starting him all the more dumbfounding though.

I think the explanation was that the medical team were managing his injury while he played on. Just as Hendo did with his injury. I guess if picking up an injury were resting is not going to cure it then you have to find an alternative way of handling it, and presumably this was what they were trying to do.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #193 on: February 4, 2017, 12:56:14 pm »
Actually shittin bricks atm... desperate for 3 points and smiling jurgen ;D Come on lads, lets smash these....

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #194 on: February 4, 2017, 01:05:04 pm »
Actually shittin bricks atm... desperate for 3 points and smiling jurgen ;D Come on lads, lets smash these....

Sounds painful i'd get that looked at.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #195 on: February 4, 2017, 01:14:20 pm »
Hull fans have made me roll my eyes in the past.

Let's shut em up today :)

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #196 on: February 4, 2017, 01:23:35 pm »
I want to see us make the right decisions in the final third, to often recently we have played the wrong pass or taken a shot from 30 yards typified by Lovren taking a shot from 35 yards against Chelsea.  Get back to basics pass the ball quickly and wait for the right pass!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #197 on: February 4, 2017, 01:24:12 pm »
Smash these and get our confidence back please lads.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #198 on: February 4, 2017, 01:27:50 pm »
Was just thinking about that. When was the last time that happened? Sunderland at Anfield?

I'm off to Easter Road to watch HIbs this avvo and sorted the tickets while completely forgetting the 3pm kick off at Hull :duh

Anyway, if we're full strength we should, should, do this lot. About a month ago I'd have said an easy three points for us, but we saw what they did against the Mancs in midweek. We'll either hammer them or it'll be a frustrating nil-nil. Given what is happening at Stamford Bridge, it needs to be the former. Up the reds!

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #199 on: February 4, 2017, 01:28:07 pm »
Thats the spirit

As if my opinion makes any difference to the outcome  ;D
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.