Author Topic: Hull City v Liverpool, Pre-Match thread, Sat 4th February 15:00h  (Read 23205 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Hull City v Liverpool FC
KCOM Stadium, Saturday February 4th, 15:00h
Premier League Matchday 24

Ok, I should really start this off like this:

Welcome to the rest of the season.

And make no mistake about it, there is still a lot left to fight for and good few clubs are ready to pounce on our blips and push us down the table (apart from Manchester United who are in some weird parallel game of their own where they do everything humanly possible to remain in 6th). In a way that the last part of the season, from mid December onwards was defined by a huge number of matches, fact that exposed our thinnish squad and forced us to rotate heavily in cups, this part of the season is looking very comfortable in terms of the schedule. With all our first team players back and ready to go I'm honestly looking forward to it - because, as that game against Chelsea showed to anyone with eyes, we're ready to go full throttle once again. And full throttle is what I'm sure we'll see against Hull, but let's spare a word for the Tigers first.

Here's Robert Snodgrass - Hull leading Premier League scorer and assist creator (good thing he plays for West Ham now)

Hull have played a few home games against teams from the top of the table. They lost comprehensively to Chelsea (0-2), Man City (0-3), Arsenal (1-4) and got fluked in the last minute by Manchester United in a game they deserved a point from. For all their focus on gritty defensive performances, they are not very good at delivering them at all - with only two clean sheets this season and a Goal difference that reads like a temperature during an arctic winter. I wouldn't say they look like a team destined to go down, though after they sold Snodgrass, a player who can actually play football, I'm changing my opinion on that.

So it should be a comfortable kickabout for us yeah?
Sweet Trump on a bike - no. First of all, we don't really do comfortable away games against league bottom teams and second point is that all it really takes in a game like this is for one thing to go wrong and a snowball starts rolling into an avalanche of shit. Though we may be eager to run out there in full swagger mode and dazzle them with speed and tempo, especially now our main players are all lined up to start, I say we don't forget one thing. Controlled pressure. Keep the ball, keep it long, make them chase it, make them uncomfortable, make them sweat. I truly hope we don't provide their defence with aimless crosses - a sure way of settling them in the game and making them comfortable - though they'll be compressed and packed dense - get behind them (I'm looking at you Sadio) and  keep the pressure on.

Here's a rare image of a family of Hull Tigers fondling a happy pair of testicles.

So there you have it - the rest of the season.
Let's make it glorious and let's set the tone for it here, against Hull.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hull City v Liverpool, Pre-Match thread, Sat 4th February 15:00h
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2017, 10:55:16 am »
I think we started a good run against Chelsea and I think it will continue on Saturday. I can see Mane scoring, hopefully we get a few goals and help out our goal difference.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2017, 11:10:34 am »
Nice OP....this is the beginning of the rest of the season.

No fuckups now just back to winning games and winning them well.

Would be great to have a nice reminder here of how good we can be, to start February fresh. Hull's only threat will be to dig their heels in maybe fluke a goal from a set piece or a longball in.....they don't have pace to worry us or anything but grit to be honest.

Gotta be better than them, not get dragged into any battles, remember how good we are at football and fucking show it.

3-0 reds
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: February 2, 2017, 11:11:36 am »
Great OP.

Really looking forward to this one. Hopefully we can get all three points, and try and end the season as strong as possible. I'm really happy Mane is available too. Do we drop Lallana back in that midfield three? do we give Firmino a bit of a rest?

Online vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: February 2, 2017, 11:19:50 am »
This is the game that matters and that worries me .

Hull maybe the bottom club but they have played better than the table shows. They are tight at the back under Silva. We shouldn't gift them goals. Score early and manage the game .

We always fuck up against minnows. Lets see what happens.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5 on: February 2, 2017, 11:22:32 am »
From the bits I've seen of them under Silva, they've massively improved as a defensive unit and pose a decent counter-attacking threat too. They could've stolen all three points against the Mancs last night - Markovic hit the post on the break, and Hernandez was clean through but his touch and awareness let him down.

Having said that, Jakupovic made a few brilliant saves and they seemed to struggle when United flooded the box so I'd hope to see some good late runs from Wijnaldum/Lallana/Can when we get into wide areas. They're also playing David Meyler at right back at the moment who, while a solid midfielder, would surely be exposed in one-on-one situations. If he's there again on Saturday I'd be tempted to throw Mane in at left wing.

Coutinho hasn't looked sharp at all - I wonder could we use him from the bench?

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 2, 2017, 11:22:42 am »
everyone desperatley cheering for Hull last night, applauding their heroics, well thats what we are in for Saturday, take these guys lightly and were getting beat

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7 on: February 2, 2017, 11:45:24 am »
Good OP.

Just looking forward to seeing the team come together again, and hopefully express themselves the way they were doing earlier on in the season. It is really exciting the prospect of having our front four back again.

It won't be easy Saturday as Hull will fight like dogs as their desperate for some points. But we were showing serious signs of getting our football back in order against Chelsea. I hope we will manage to do what Utd didn't last night, and grab a win. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 2, 2017, 11:52:20 am »
First 11 is back and fit. We're going to destroy them  8)
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 2, 2017, 11:53:36 am »
Be a toughish one this, they are playing ok and only lost 1 of the last 9 at home. Need a competent referee as teams are basically getting a goal head start on us right now through a terrible decision, it's hard enough to win games from 0-0 let alone starting handicapped.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 2, 2017, 11:57:11 am »
When was the last time we won at their ground? It's going to be a c*nt of  match this. Any win will do at this point

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #11 on: February 2, 2017, 11:58:53 am »
Back to the line up that smashed them 5-1 last time please!

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 2, 2017, 12:17:51 pm »
Expect many have not noticed just how well these have been playing of late. Shit away ground. Will be tough to come away with 3 points but we need it badly. If anyone is not switched on then they need carting off after switching off against Wolves and Chelsea (Even though the free kick goes in anyway, not the point)

Everybody's had a lift from the performance Tuesday. Same effort required.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #13 on: February 2, 2017, 12:24:58 pm »
Snip
Thanks for putting that together Zlen, appreciate it. Good read an all :wave

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #14 on: February 2, 2017, 12:32:40 pm »
Nice OP.

The players need to treat this with the same intensity as the Chelsea game.
Their new manager has them better organised and starting to play better.

Cliche alert, but every game from now on should be like a Cup final.

Im sure Klopp will drum it into them.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 2, 2017, 01:04:35 pm »
From the bits I've seen of them under Silva, they've massively improved as a defensive unit and pose a decent counter-attacking threat too. They could've stolen all three points against the Mancs last night - Markovic hit the post on the break, and Hernandez was clean through but his touch and awareness let him down.

Having said that, Jakupovic made a few brilliant saves and they seemed to struggle when United flooded the box so I'd hope to see some good late runs from Wijnaldum/Lallana/Can when we get into wide areas. They're also playing David Meyler at right back at the moment who, while a solid midfielder, would surely be exposed in one-on-one situations. If he's there again on Saturday I'd be tempted to throw Mane in at left wing.

Coutinho hasn't looked sharp at all - I wonder could we use him from the bench?

True, he hasn't.  Suspect he just needs a run of games after the layoff.

We have to get back to the front three of Coutinho, Firminio and Mane finally though.

Will hopefully bring out the best in all 3 of them.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 2, 2017, 01:05:44 pm »
We really need to start a winning run starting from this game.  Hull will be buoyed by their result last night and you just know what sort of game they'll play.   We've been struggling to be creative for a while now but we can now put Lallana back into midfield with Henderson and Gini and hope Mane can be the difference with his pace.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #17 on: February 2, 2017, 02:36:47 pm »
Fancy us to win by a few here. Extra days rest than them, and hopefully United tired them out for us  :wave

Has to be back to what is was toward the start of the season with Hendo, Gini and Lallana in midfield with Mane, Coutinho and Firmino up top. 3-0 reds.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #18 on: February 2, 2017, 02:41:10 pm »
Fancy us to win by a few here. Extra days rest than them, and hopefully United tired them out for us  :wave

Has to be back to what is was toward the start of the season with Hendo, Gini and Lallana in midfield with Mane, Coutinho and Firmino up top. 3-0 reds.

Souness didn't you predict 3-0 for Southampton at home?

Don't go laying your voodoo hex on the next game. ;)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #19 on: February 2, 2017, 03:03:45 pm »
Fairly certain we'll smash these c*nts and go on a nice winning streak.

Mane, Coutinho and Bobby + Hendo, Lallana and Wiji = Gucci
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #20 on: February 2, 2017, 03:08:30 pm »
Haven't been confident going into any game as of late but I can't help but feel Klopp will have the team chomping at the bit to prove a point after a positive result against Chelsea.

They'll be tough to break down but we'll win.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 2, 2017, 03:42:03 pm »
They've been working hard under there new manager, I actually think markovic will be a bit of a miss for them because he's been quite a good outlet for them. With Mane back for us it should give everyone a lift and we take a decent performance against Chelsea into this game. I'd go:

Mignolet
Clyne.  Matip.   Lovren.   Milner

Henderson
      Lallana.             Wijnaldum
Mane.       Firmino.     Coutinho

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #22 on: February 2, 2017, 03:46:23 pm »
Mignolet Clyne Matip Lovren Gomez Milner Henderson Lallana Mane Coutinho Origi
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline morrisonlfc

• Main Stander
  • Life is only a dream
« Reply #23 on: February 2, 2017, 03:58:41 pm »
Mignolet Clyne Matip Lovren Gomez Milner Henderson Lallana Mane Coutinho Origi

Go and get in the bin, and stay there

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 2, 2017, 04:01:13 pm »
How many times have we followed a positive result against a direct rival with a negative result against one of the dross? Yes, they are fighting for their lives so it'll be tough but we are also fighting to stay as close to the top as we can so we really need to make sure we come away with the points from this.

Putting them to the sword and restoring some needed confidence would be great but I'll be just as happy with the crappiest, shittiest one nil here.

Am flying to Melbourne tomorrow evening so will only find out the result after we land so will be crossing my fingers on the flight. Come on Redmen. Time to go on a run of wins!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #25 on: February 2, 2017, 04:02:39 pm »
Souness didn't you predict 3-0 for Southampton at home?

Don't go laying your voodoo hex on the next game. ;)

Indeed I did, was hoping that had gone unnoticed. On reflection il go 4-0 then  :)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 2, 2017, 04:03:14 pm »
Hopefully this will be similar to the Middlesbrough 3-0 game. Loads of people were thinking it would be hard, but we controlled the game and came away with a comfortable win. Can't help but feel confident with our best XI all back and fit.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #27 on: February 2, 2017, 04:17:42 pm »
We have to score quick, and make them play. No other way to go about it. The longer the game is scoreless the more threatening they'll be.
Seen us win everything

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #28 on: February 2, 2017, 04:30:43 pm »
This is a banana skin game if I've ever seen one.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 2, 2017, 05:42:26 pm »

it's like every single other game against lower level opposition

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #30 on: February 2, 2017, 05:44:19 pm »
Hull are having a mini revival under the new boss so this is not as easy as some hope/think. Still we should have more than enough and I for one hope to see this XI start and run riot.

Mignolet

Clyne       Lovren       Matip       Milner

Henderson

Wijnaldun                  Lallana

Mane           Firmino        Couthino

Subs: Karius, Moreno, Klavan, Can, Woodburn, Origi, Sturridge.

For me that is our best 18, but bet you I ma forgetting someone.  ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 2, 2017, 05:49:40 pm »
Mane in for Can. Best team for here on in. Start strongly and score and that could change the game. We'll either move a step closer to Chelsea or a step ahead of Arsenal or a bit of both, that'll do nicely but we have to win ours.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #32 on: February 2, 2017, 06:02:32 pm »

We've had enough of those in January. Now in February it's time for some bananas instead.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #33 on: February 2, 2017, 06:14:07 pm »
3-2 to the reds.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #34 on: February 2, 2017, 06:14:54 pm »
I want us to see us go into this game with the right attitude. Do that and we'll have a good chance of winning. Don't do that and there is a good chance we'll get beat, because these lot will be mad up for it. If we underestimate these I'm going to be really pissed off.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: February 2, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »
I think if we can beat these by two or three it will really kickstart our season again, we played well against a much better side in Chelsea (than Hull) great intensity, Mane, Phil, Bobby and Lallana on the pitch can only be a positive.

Early goal and I think we will get 3 or 4.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #36 on: February 2, 2017, 06:22:25 pm »
Hull City are playing much, much better under Marco Silva. In some ways that suits Klopp's Liverpool, because this City team actually tries to play. I'm actually finding this hard to call - it mostly depends which Liverpool side turns up, but also how big a performance Hull City put in. Wish I was more confident that the free-scoring, fluid Liverpool from earlier in the season is the one we'll see this weekend.

I'm predicting a win. Could be a tight game though, even though we're at opposite ends of the table.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #37 on: February 2, 2017, 06:24:00 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Expect we will see the fluid top 3 together this time. We know they are well organised and so a combination of these 3 and Lallana's movement need to be on form. If so, I expect an away win.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 2, 2017, 06:24:42 pm »
                   Mignolet
Clyne.  Matip.   Lovren.   Milner

Henderson
      Lallana.             Wijnaldum
Mane.       Firmino.     Coutinho

It'll be nice to be back to our first choice 11 again.  It's been a while since we've been able to put out that side. 

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 2, 2017, 06:36:46 pm »
Hull have really improved at home. This wont be easy but quite simply we must win.