Author Topic: Premier League schedule  (Read 3205 times)

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
Premier League schedule
« on: December 28, 2016, 09:02:17 am »
I just found one post relating to my issue, and this was in a barely related thread, but mods please merge/delete if I am mistaken.

My issue is that we have been for several games simply playing hours and even day/s after chelsea. Each time they win they are creating a gulf, and therefore our players must be feeling the pressure to win at all costs.

I am taking the next 2 games as an example.

So chelsea are playing bloody stoke at home 2.5 hrs before we host man city. They are going to tump the shit out of them, so if it's not enough that we are playing who is 1 point behind us, we are going to chase a 9 point lead another time.

Then just 46hrs (not even bloody 48), that in reality it should be calculated as 42hrs (from end of previous game), we are facing a jolly relegation hopeful Sunderland away, meaning our players will probably barely land home before starting to travel half way across England.

But then for chelsea's crunch match away across london at spurs, they are allowed 4 days and some hours rest.

If it is just down to bloody sky, and am sure it is, as they cannot be arsed to consider the away side not having trains available at the end of matches, why is it not possible to have watford spurs kicked off early and arsenal palace kick off late after us?

This would mean that everyone plays on the 31st and feckin sky have all their dirty money. Also 1st January would be left for home family time for everyone, like real human beings for once.

That would also mean that Monday 2nd, there can be another full program, with no excuses bar for a few hours apart.

Does the club complain about this, anyone knows?
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Premier League schedule
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:11:28 am »
I doubt if the club complains. On the one hand, we are far more exciting to watch than Chelsea, with a much larger following, so it makes good sense to the TV companies to have our matches in prime time.

On the other, if Chelsea slip up, we are going to be incentivised to take advantage. It can be argued that they are under pressure to keep the pace up, never knowing what our result will be.

In reality, Jürgen has it right. We concentrate on our games, not stuff we can't affect. At the end of the season, we count the points and that will tell us who are champions.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 10:49:18 am »
Jurgen is right all you want, but he cannot take the thoughts from players minds away. Plus this is the notorious Christmas period, where each team has half the season crammed in 2 minutes. It's not fair that these issues are not addressed, for a level playing field.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:58:38 am »
Clubs cant complain they are happy to take the tv money so have made there own bed and now have to lie in it

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:04:26 am »
Meh meh meh.

All the teams have to play all the other teams during the season. A few more games here means a few less games there.

It all evens up.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:06:05 am »
It's unfair but you can't change it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 11:13:36 am »
Yep. It is what it is. It's not ideal for sure, but we just have to get on with it as best we can and not use it as an excuse.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 11:41:23 am »
Take $ky money, dance to their tune. Not ideal but not the end of the world either.  :) Must help if you are winning.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 01:03:39 pm »
Not bothered about the fact that Chelsea are playing their games before us, that's just the luck of the fixture list and how the games are lined up for Sky/BT. Obviously the timing of the games is shit for the travelling fans but we know no1 gives a shit about the fans so nothing changes.

The main issue is fucking us over with the no of days between matches. I'm sure it couldn't been that hard to arrange the schedule so that every team had a minimum of 3 days between each game. The only positive is that Sunderland don't get a lot more time then us (they are playing away on the 31st so still have to make the journey home).

The only thing we can do is go 100% in trying to beat City then see how everyone is for Sunderland.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 01:08:42 pm »
It's unfair but you can't change it.

yup.

It's wound me up to be honest, usually shit like this wouldn't, but it's really poor that one team can have 3 days extra rest above others. Southampton and us got shafted during this period of games.  And really there should be something the league can do about it, but they won't. So much for an even playing field. And stuff like this doesn't even up through the season. Cos it's a one off time.

And yep, the playing catch up every week is getting boring too  ;D

The set of games have been awful too, the whole fixture list over Christmas was dire, the set of boxing day games was just utter turd.

Anyway, whinge over, I feel a bit better for it  :D

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 01:24:41 pm »
We do better when the odds are stacked against us..let it be that way

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 01:30:08 pm »
We do better when the odds are stacked against us..let it be that way

I agree especially under Jurgen. Maybe we are starting to boss the "littler" prem teams too.

I hope so because our last run of fixtures can be easy.

If we can boss City and Chelsea I'm gonna start dreaming  ;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 02:06:27 pm »
Meh meh meh.

All the teams have to play all the other teams during the season. A few more games here means a few less games there.

It all evens up.

I disagree. Playing 2 games, like we are, with no days rest in between, could see an injury or 2 against Sunderland. We don't have a big squad. Coutinho and Matip only coming back from injury, Sturridge unreliable in terms of staying fit, and Mane away for the whole month. I'd much rather us have 4 days break like Chelsea, then later in the season have a 6 day break between games rather than an 8.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »
Aren't the fixtures all sorted months before for Tv games?

Not like they would know who is in each position at that stage.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 02:47:39 pm »
Aren't the fixtures all sorted months before for Tv games?

Not like they would know who is in each position at that stage.

the fixtures are - but the TV people get to move the actual dates regularly

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 02:50:43 pm »
the fixtures are - but the TV people get to move the actual dates regularly

The Christmas Tv fixtures were decided in mid October, no way could they see Chelsea being top and us being 2nd at that point.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 03:19:48 pm »
The Christmas Tv fixtures were decided in mid October, no way could they see Chelsea being top and us being 2nd at that point.

Ahh my bad - right.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 03:25:52 pm »
Last season over the festive period we played on the 26th, 30th and 2nd. Arsenal played on the 26th, 28th and 2nd. Chelsea played 26th, 28th and 3rd. Man United played 26th, 28th and 2nd. Man City had games on 26th, 29th and 2nd. It's disappointing we're probably going to have to rotate this year but I think our schedule was one of the most favourable of those played by the big teams last season.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 03:50:39 pm »
It's shocking, Klopp was rightly very fucked off over it. No one should have such an advantage like Chelsea have over us and Southampton especially. League positions are irrelevant, its poor. Hopefully we can get out of it ok. I'm actually more nervous about Sunderland than City.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 04:13:34 pm »
I disagree. Playing 2 games, like we are, with no days rest in between, could see an injury or 2 against Sunderland. We don't have a big squad. Coutinho and Matip only coming back from injury, Sturridge unreliable in terms of staying fit, and Mane away for the whole month. I'd much rather us have 4 days break like Chelsea, then later in the season have a 6 day break between games rather than an 8.

But you can't change it mate. It's decided, so the best thing to do is accept it and do as well as we can.

It's a long season but we haven't got Europe to worry about, so the tail end of the season that should help us a bit.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 04:43:06 pm »
It is what it is, to complain about it would sound very evertonian, or very mourinho.

It's not just us that find these games coming thick and fast.. Most of the teams do.
It's the time of the year that Kornmayer and Nemmer will show just what they bring to the team.

And come on, it's bloody Sunderland on the 2nd... It's not like it's Chelsea and City within 48 hrs...

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2016, 04:43:40 pm »
It is what it is, to complain about it would sound very evertonian, or very mourinho.

It's not just us that find these games coming thick and fast.. Most of the teams do.
It's the time of the year that Kornmayer and Nemmer will show just what they bring to the team.

And come on, it's bloody Sunderland on the 2nd... It's not like it's Chelsea and City within 48 hrs...

I guess Klopp is a blue then.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2016, 04:50:36 pm »
I guess Klopp is a blue then.

Hmm, I've missed whatever you are referring here..

All that I've read is Klopp saying Chelsea being very lucky with injuries and Mourinho bitching about Chelsea having an easy schedule..

Then again, that's what I've learned from Finnish press.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:58:20 pm by dimwit »

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 04:58:55 pm »
Hmm, I've missed whatever you are referring here..

All that I've read is Klopp saying Chelsea being very lucky with injuries and Mourinho bitching about Chelsea having an easy schedule..

Then again, that's what I've learned from Finnish press.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/14/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-festive-fixture-schedule

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 05:38:28 pm »
It's a joke. I would personally be thrilled if we came out 6 points behind Chelsea after all this.

Silver lining is Sunderland do have Burnley away on Saturday which should be a gruelling hard battle with the way Burnley play.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 05:55:23 pm »
It's a joke. I would personally be thrilled if we came out 6 points behind Chelsea after all this.

Silver lining is Sunderland do have Burnley away on Saturday which should be a gruelling hard battle with the way Burnley play.

Yeah while we'll have Man City, the team with the most possession on average. Good job is we're second on possession so we need to use that to our advantage against Sunderland and treat them as a training session. Keep the ball for long periods to recover and then win the game later on when they tire out. Here's where we'll see how good our fitness team is.