Author Topic: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth, 12th Dec  (Read 32683 times)

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth, 12th Dec
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2016, 03:13:07 pm »
LInk to ITV for those outside the UK

https://www.filmon.com/tv/itv1

Nice one mate.

Bump.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
Re: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth, 12th Dec
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2016, 03:36:56 pm »
Is there anybody who isn't looking forward to watching it?

I'll give it a go but there's a chance I might end up turning it over and just read about it the next day.

I was at the match (13 at the time) and I found it difficult at times to follow the inquests.

I started remembering things about the day.  Really little things like standing on the bridge waiting to meet my brother before we went in.  I remember my Sister In Law going through the same set of turnstiles for the West Stand that we ended up going through for the Leppings Lane stand (the seats behind the terrace).

Nobody I know personally was seriously injured (one mate carried away after fainting) but those small snippets, brought back further floods of detail that I wish wasn't in my head.

Of course, I'm very happy that even more of the real truth is coming out so I hope that doesn't come across the wrong way.

And well in to those of you that's been involved with it.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Bluelagos

• Twinned with Redouagadougou. ITFC Fan but LFC Legend.
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Follow the town, up or down....ok, usually down
    • Hillsborough diaries.
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2016, 03:46:00 pm »
Is there anybody who isn't looking forward to watching it?

I'll give it a go but there's a chance I might end up turning it over and just read about it the next day.

I was at the match (13 at the time) and I found it difficult at times to follow the inquests.

I started remembering things about the day.  Really little things like standing on the bridge waiting to meet my brother before we went in.  I remember my Sister In Law going through the same set of turnstiles for the West Stand that we ended up going through for the Leppings Lane stand (the seats behind the terrace).

Nobody I know personally was seriously injured (one mate carried away after fainting) but those small snippets, brought back further floods of detail that I wish wasn't in my head.

Of course, I'm very happy that even more of the real truth is coming out so I hope that doesn't come across the wrong way.

And well in to those of you that's been involved with it.

I think it fair to say a few in Yorkshire and the West Mids won't be looking forward  ;D

But you make a serious point, as any news coverage will bring traumatic memories to the fore for anyone involved.  If your head isn't in good place then definitely leave it and come back when you feel ready.  Nothing wrong in that.     

Not sure if you have survivor mates you are able to talk to, but if not I'd also recommend you follow RichieG_Lfc on twitter, as I know he is trying to arrange a regular drink for fellow survivors to offer each other support.     Plus he's pretty funny too. 

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2016, 04:09:38 pm »
I think it fair to say a few in Yorkshire and the West Mids won't be looking forward  ;D

But you make a serious point, as any news coverage will bring traumatic memories to the fore for anyone involved.  If your head isn't in good place then definitely leave it and come back when you feel ready.  Nothing wrong in that.     

Not sure if you have survivor mates you are able to talk to, but if not I'd also recommend you follow RichieG_Lfc on twitter, as I know he is trying to arrange a regular drink for fellow survivors to offer each other support.     Plus he's pretty funny too.

I don't think of myself as a survivor because I was never in any physical danger during the day.  I wouldn't think as myself as emotionally damaged by it, it's not something that I have problems with on a regular basis.

It's just something that might, brings back disturbing images that feel a lot more real than looking at pictures or watching footage.  It's really only when my memory gets jogged by something I'd forgotten or was a bit hazy.

It's also completely possible that I'll be absolutely fine watching it, it all depends on the contents.  It's not usually graphic content either.  For example, during the inquests I watched the video of the crush outside and didn't have any problems.  I then looked at a picture of my whereabouts when the ground had only just opened and that then brought back other memories.  It's difficult to explain.

It's nothing that I'm too concerned about, I might just end up turning over and then talk about it at a later date.

Phrases like 'essential viewing' feels a bit wrong, although I know that's  just me being a bit pedantic due to uncertainty about what it's going to show.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »
bump
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Bluelagos

• Twinned with Redouagadougou. ITFC Fan but LFC Legend.
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Follow the town, up or down....ok, usually down
    • Hillsborough diaries.
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2016, 05:19:12 pm »
I don't think of myself as a survivor because I was never in any physical danger during the day.  I wouldn't think as myself as emotionally damaged by it, it's not something that I have problems with on a regular basis.

It's just something that might, brings back disturbing images that feel a lot more real than looking at pictures or watching footage.  It's really only when my memory gets jogged by something I'd forgotten or was a bit hazy.

It's also completely possible that I'll be absolutely fine watching it, it all depends on the contents.  It's not usually graphic content either.  For example, during the inquests I watched the video of the crush outside and didn't have any problems.  I then looked at a picture of my whereabouts when the ground had only just opened and that then brought back other memories.  It's difficult to explain.

It's nothing that I'm too concerned about, I might just end up turning over and then talk about it at a later date.

Phrases like 'essential viewing' feels a bit wrong, although I know that's  just me being a bit pedantic due to uncertainty about what it's going to show.

I think phrases like "essential viewing" are very much aimed at those who were not there or connected, in so far as the story of the cover up remains largely untold.   What is broadcast tonight is a whole lot more than the SYP changed some statements.   They went out of their way (so it is alleged) to fabricate stories to smear fans, fans like me and you.

But I take your point that isn't a fun watch.   It will be an incredibly uncomfortable watch for many.  I personally also hope many find it validates some of what they have been saying for years (I know I do ref WMP altering a statement as they did to mine).   

But as ever, different people will have different opinions, experiences and different thoughts.  Nothing wrong with that and I hope they get the right tone.    But this is a national scandal far bigger than was originally thought and everyone I know involved in any aspect is keen that the story be told.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2016, 05:56:03 pm »

Mate, you have nothing to apologise for, or even justify your views. Every time I hear "la Bamba" on the radio or wherever, I am back standing on that terrace... It was played over the tannoy prior to the game and it stuck in my head ever since, associated with the day. What is important is that you don't bottle it up. As BL said there are others out there who don't claim to be survivors but everyone who witnessed it first hand was a victim. If you can't watch it then that's OK. What we are trying to do is get those who weren't there to see exactly why we need to keep on fighting for justice. Take care
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2016, 06:35:59 pm »
Don't forget to post a link so some of us can watch after.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2016, 06:41:14 pm »
Peter Marshall talking about making the Hillsborough documentary tonight on the latest Anfield Wrap podcast, 58:40 mto it

https://twitter.com/wrong_kennedy/status/808377653392797700

Rest of it worth a listen too
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2016, 07:16:59 pm »
Half way down the page
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2016, 09:47:16 pm »
Don't forget to post a link so some of us can watch after.

If anyone can do this, would be much appreciated. TIA.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2016, 09:49:32 pm »
Right you lot - put this in the calendar. Watch. Spread the word.

This is something that a handful of dedicated and pretty f*cking wonderful members of this forum have been involved with.
Transmission: ITV
Date: Mon 12 Dec 2016
Time: 10.40pm - 11.40pm
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2016, 09:53:32 pm »
Not watching it. Can't watch this sort of thing on a work night as I'll be angered and won't kip all night. I'll tape it and watch it at the weekend when I can be more composed and let my ire have its space. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2016, 10:01:22 pm »
I'll watch it at a later date, but unable to watch tonight due to the time as I get up quite early for work.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2016, 10:29:19 pm »
bump - on in ten minutes...
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2016, 10:31:38 pm »
This should be available online at some point after the show right?

Anyone?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2016, 10:33:58 pm »
Not looking forward to this at all.

Been feeling shaky all day. 
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2016, 10:36:33 pm »
Have reminded my facebook pals. Even if you're not watching it please do the same on whatever social media you use...  :)

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2016, 10:39:12 pm »
It s just about to start
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2016, 10:41:50 pm »
running late?

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2016, 10:54:10 pm »
Bump!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2016, 10:55:10 pm »
Wow Sumners
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2016, 11:02:12 pm »
Makes your blood boil, it really does.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2016, 11:03:12 pm »
Fuming here

Oh and and why are people posting on other threads? 

Cut it out and watch this

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2016, 11:04:01 pm »
Yeah it's got me fuming this!

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2016, 11:04:37 pm »
Fucking disgraceful.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2016, 11:04:51 pm »
This is such a difficult watch.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2016, 11:06:10 pm »
I still manage to be amazed at how this has gone on so long  :no

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2016, 11:06:19 pm »
Just don't understand why she wasn't allowed to be cross examined. Especially considering the social network stuff as well. All the stories that have been made up, by the Police, Richards, MPS, and people linked with these people, you have to ask - why do I feel like we're still only scratching the surface with the answers.

I very much doubt we'll ever get what we all want at the end of this, which is 100% transparency, 100% truth and 100% justice.

My biggest fear is we get one or two held accountable for Hillsborough and the rest of the stuff that's coming out gets brushed under the carpet.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2016, 11:06:26 pm »
Sir Dave Richards still employed by The FA should be sacked and stripped of his title and sent to jail.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2016, 11:06:52 pm »
Fuming, but looking on the bright side that it's all coming out

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2016, 11:18:43 pm »
Sir Dave Richards still employed by The FA should be sacked and stripped of his title and sent to jail.

There's many that have been knighted, and none that have been stripped. Bettison is even making money off it.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2016, 11:18:55 pm »
I am proud of our fans and supporters who through their perseverance and intellect are able to challenge the peripheral lies.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2016, 11:19:08 pm »
If only Irvine Patnick MP was still alive to face the music like these scumbags are going to have to.

Great work fellers.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:08 pm »
I'd like to see that horrible vermin Paul Middup face justice.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:08 pm »
Doesn't get any easier to watch, even since the inquest verdicts. Still so much coming out to this day.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2016, 11:22:05 pm »
Just don't understand why she wasn't allowed to be cross examined. Especially considering the social network stuff as well. All the stories that have been made up, by the Police, Richards, MPS, and people linked with these people, you have to ask - why do I feel like we're still only scratching the surface with the answers.

I very much doubt we'll ever get what we all want at the end of this, which is 100% transparency, 100% truth and 100% justice.

My biggest fear is we get one or two held accountable for Hillsborough and the rest of the stuff that's coming out gets brushed under the carpet.

You have to wonder how far beyond Hillsborough this goes as well. When their first response to tragedy was to cover their own arses what else have they covered up? The only reason we have got so far with Hillsborough is because of the dedicated campaign behind it - what may have happened in other instances of police misconduct where the victims didn't have the goodwill and financial support of millions of people? It doesn't even bear thinking about.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2016, 11:25:05 pm »
Fucking disgraceful what does interviewers tried to do to the people they questioned.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2016, 11:34:38 pm »
I'm really mixed off.