Author Topic: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard  (Read 356849 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Stoke 6-1 Gerrard
« Reply #1400 on: May 24, 2015, 07:35:25 pm »
Will people quit with the abuse, or this will get shut again.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #1401 on: May 24, 2015, 07:35:27 pm »
I don't always agreed with you, but please be thick-skinned enough to see the disagreements for what they are, just personal opinions. Most of your stuff is very insightful and it would be a shame for you disappear again.

Why should he stay here to be target for those fucking morons who think they know football.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1402 on: May 24, 2015, 07:36:03 pm »
Can't be, didn't finish 11th did we?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1403 on: May 24, 2015, 07:36:34 pm »
"Neville is right , we live in the past!!!"
"I want Rafa back!!!"

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1404 on: May 24, 2015, 07:36:43 pm »
Did Ferguson take over a team that just won a trophy finished 7th, had the 3rd best player in the world, and £220m to spend? If not, then no

But he has a funny accent like him and also annoys Liverpool fans?

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1405 on: May 24, 2015, 07:36:54 pm »
"I want Rafa back!!!"

:D

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:16 pm »
There is no way he is surviving this. The echo haven't even bothered making excuses for him this time
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:39:36 pm by HardworkDedication »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1407 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:25 pm »
"I want Rafa back!!!"
Chelsea were living in the past, and have just won a league title.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1408 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:41 pm »
True. People said that if Rafa was sacked, that we would look back on his time as the glory days. They were right. That is the standard we have to aspire to be back too.

I still remember the moment the news broke about his sacking. I said it at the time and I'll say it again, that decision is without doubt the single biggest fuck up Liverpool Football Club has ever made from a footballing stand point. I also said it could take us a decade to recover.

It all got shouted down though. The baying mob wanted him out. Beating the likes of Juventus Chelsea, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barca and Madrid wasn't good enough for some. Those were the days when we didn't give a fuck who we drew in Europe

These days just getting into the Champions league would be dreamland. Never mind getting out of the group and actually genuinely competing to win the fucking thing like we used to do

Not that the bad dicks who advocated Rafa's sacking will ever admit it like
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1409 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:44 pm »
"I want Rafa back!!!"

Yeah, because Rafa was part of that successful past. Not a difficult concept really.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #1410 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:45 pm »
Anyone saw the image of Sterling laughing at our supporters?
saw the image of him laughing,but dont know if it was at LFC fans or just of him laughing,either wau it was in very bad taste after this result

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1411 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:45 pm »
Anyone saw the image of Sterling laughing at our supporters?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:54 pm »
I don't really care if we change the manager or not. I think it all became a bit "not really arsed whos in charge" after Rafa left for me. I think G&H took their toll on my relationship with the club and I honestly think it made me realise that I was ridiculously clinging on to the vestiges of my old Liverpool. Not this all singing (how apt), all dancing, all glossy, commercial institution we've become. At least the mancs have the bollocks to be plc.

As for Brendan: I think I'd like to see him given another year. If for nothing else then he's worth it just for the sheer absurdity of last years charge. I've never been completely sold on him as a person, or this so called footballing shining light. But he gave us all a good time last year so why not eh?

As for Rafa: I love the bloke to death and would take him back in a heartbeat. But I fear I'd end up killing half of our fanbase (which in itself I don't think is a bad thing) as soon as we hit a defeat or two. If you think Brendans getting some jip just now then I dread to think what the two Rafa camps would be like.

As for Klopp: On Friday I had a mate tell me on good authority that BR would be gone by Sunday night and Klopp and Hummels were already sorted. I told him I thought it was shite, and still do. I don't really know much about him but the little I've seen seems to indicate that he's a bit of a "Follow me, give you're all, and we'll have a good laugh and not give a toss about what any fucker else thinks". He certainly seems to have the charisma to match his achievements.

As for todays performance: That was just unprofessional shite all round. I've seen us play some shit over the years but I don't think I've ever seen a performance that was lacking in, well, everything. Sad.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:55 pm »
"I want Rafa back!!!"

Yeah and i'd love Suarez back too, or is that living in the past?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1414 on: May 24, 2015, 07:37:56 pm »
With Origi coming in and possible signings, the team will have a breath of fresh air which is what they need. A couple wins in the europa league playoffs will also boost their morale and confidence for next season.
Seen us win everything

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1415 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:00 pm »
No game should be irrelevant to liverpool , losing 6-1 isn't irrelevant when it could cost Rodgers his job

Agree. No competitive game should be irrelevant. Once players start to feel like they don't need to try then it all goes pear shaped. It"s the players' jobs and they should be doing their best to win.
#JFT97

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:10 pm »
I don't care so much about the manager.
It's the team that frightens me.
Who's going to stand up next season ?
Who do we have left to pull the cart ?
Not only was this season a big disappointment after the high of last season, but there are not many signs of a bright future ahead.
A club struggling to get into Europe is not a popular club to go to for (semi) big players either.

Offline tomster

• Main Stander
  • Fans don't boo nobodies
« Reply #1417 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:16 pm »
I'm still on the fence regarding Rodgers, and the personal abuse is uncalled for, however we should be aiming a lot of our anger at the players today.  Most of them do not know how lucky they are to represent this club.  Henderson as captain???  You have to be f*cking joking me!!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1418 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:32 pm »
Are we in a Ferguson after three years scenario?......just saying like.

Mark Robins, Mark Robins..wherefore art thou Mark Robins?
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1419 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:32 pm »
Are we in a Ferguson after three years scenario?......just saying like.

Cherry picking much? For every fergy there's probably about 100 Hodgsons.
Football is a lie

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1420 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:38 pm »

but is that actually at the fans? or just completely out of context
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:40 pm »
Not exactly disagreeing with you, but what's he done recently? The "should've finished ahead of <insert name here> surely applies to him too?

He's evidently underachieved this season. He's not faultless. What manager ever has been? He wasn't in charge of an elite club, so there was every chance he was going to hit a bump.

His poor campaign this season is compensated for when you consider his great work over the last five years, Two league titles and a CL final. He's shown his credentials in toppling Bayern in the league and when it came to the test of beating the bigger clubs in knockout football, he's shown his tactical nous in the CL.

Three outstanding campaigns in his last five seasons. His recent work dwarfs Rafa's record of late. I would put him a tier above him.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1422 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:43 pm »

Looks like hes off in the summer, hes really not arsed one bit.
Seen us win everything

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1423 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:52 pm »
Then just give him the job   8)
No, obvious is against the rules.
 Can you return with a more complicated scenario we can  all heatedly debate?
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: May 24, 2015, 07:39:21 pm »
I still remember the moment the news broke about his sacking. I said it at the time and I'll say it again, that decision is without doubt the single biggest fuck up Liverpool Football Club has ever made from a footballing stand point. I also said it could take us a decade to recover.

It all got shouted down though. The baying mob wanted him out. Beating the likes of Juventus Chelsea, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barca and Madrid wasn't good enough for some. Those were the days when we didn't give a fuck who we drew in Europe

These days just getting into the Champions league would be dreamland. Never mind getting out of the group and actually genuinely competing to win the fucking thing like we used to do

You've posted a fine amount of bollocks lately, but this is a fine post William.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1425 on: May 24, 2015, 07:39:28 pm »
Are we in Moyes after three years scenario?

A winner doesn't need to win things...so , to answer your question. yes,possibly,maybe,hope not, Im following cricket this summer.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1426 on: May 24, 2015, 07:39:30 pm »

Exactly what I thought, that third image is of him sat in the dugout laughing with a mate.

Somebody just trying to stir shit
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1427 on: May 24, 2015, 07:40:35 pm »
Man that Rafa picture just hit me right in the feels.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1428 on: May 24, 2015, 07:40:46 pm »
Can see why people are pining for Rafa with all that resounding league success he's had elsewhere.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: May 24, 2015, 07:40:47 pm »

There were 2 David Moores selling to Gillette and Hicks and this, a Chelsea supporting temporary chairman sacking our best manager since Kenny. We are still paying the price.
Football is a lie

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: May 24, 2015, 07:41:22 pm »
If you look at the pose in both photos (the one Sterlings back to us, and the one with Sterling facing us), it very much looks like Sterling is clapping in both.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1431 on: May 24, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »
You've posted a fine amount of bollocks lately

Oh the irony.....
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: May 24, 2015, 07:41:45 pm »
This 150% business was taken out of context. They asked him, 'do you think the owner will back you next season? Yes 150%

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1433 on: May 24, 2015, 07:41:46 pm »

To be fair there's a couple worth smiling about in that shot
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline tripred

• "I'll be willing to get bummed by a goat ... just saying like"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #1434 on: May 24, 2015, 07:41:48 pm »
I'll be willing to get bummed by a goat if Rodgers is in charge next season...just saying like

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #1435 on: May 24, 2015, 07:42:11 pm »
I thought we were just reenacting Istanbul, only in... Stoke. It seems the players didn't get the other pages of the script though.  :-\

Hell of a way to contrast events of nearly exactly a decade ago, and hell of a way for Gerrard's Liverpool career to come to a close. I wouldn't even try and mitigate it, fellas. I say let them all out of the Containment Unit, like in those episodes of The Real Ghostbusters.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: May 24, 2015, 07:42:25 pm »
I'll be willing to get bummed by a goat if Rodgers is in charge next season...just saying like
:o

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #1437 on: May 24, 2015, 07:42:26 pm »

Nail on the head

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1438 on: May 24, 2015, 07:42:37 pm »
He's a shadow of the manager he was. It will be a sideways move with no upturn. He brought some great times and let's leave those memories be. No need for the emotional sentimentality.

If Rodgers were to go, then Klopp would be the sensible appointment.

:lmao :lmao

The guy has won 3 trophies in 4 years FFS!  :wanker
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1439 on: May 24, 2015, 07:42:43 pm »

As for Klopp: On Friday I had a mate tell me on good authority that BR would be gone by Sunday night and Klopp and Hummels were already sorted. I told him I thought it was shite, and still do. I don't really know much about him but the little I've seen seems to indicate that he's a bit of a "Follow me, give you're all, and we'll have a good laugh and not give a toss about what any fucker else thinks". He certainly seems to have the charisma to match his achievements.

Would be pretty lol to spend ANOTHER 25m on defenders, but why the hell not.   Play the spare ones at striker.