Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 54218 times)

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #240 on: August 3, 2011, 07:07:06 am »
Tonnes of stuff coming out today. I have been speaking to a mate who had been converted to Fifa the last two years and he is massively excited about PES again after extensive playtesting. I think the fanboy era is now over: loads of people now play (and prefer) Fifa but plenty would like to see PES offer a real alternative this year and not just broken promises. Another fella who tested it this weekend has posted this last night:

Source: http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2292631#post2292631

Conclusion
I hope that my enthusiasm for this title comes through in this piece, because that's what I really feel about it. I cannot wait to play it again, and can't wait to see what the rest of the community thinks. I have no problem saying it: for me, this is the best football game I've ever played. That shouldn't be a massive statement, but given how things have gone since PES5 and 6, it is. People often say it's all about gameplay, and if it is, then PES 2012 is doing very well indeed. It’s not flawless, I have a few criticisms now, and I’m sure in a few months time there will be a long list of very justified criticisms, and areas where it can be improved. But those criticisms will be ones about a seriously good football game, and trying to improve it to be a brilliant one.

Though there are certainly issues with gameplay, they are much smaller, in both number and magnitude, than the issues which hurt FIFA 11 and PES 2011. It's the first game which has delivered on the potential of 360 dribbling. It's the first game in a long time to get the defensive balance, in terms of tackling vs. interception and charging in vs. holding back. It balances player archetypes better than ever before: The new collision physics allow strength to mean something again, while the removal of the catch-up bugs allow the speedsters to stretch their opponents. The AI allows intelligent players to be highlighted, and the dribbling mechanics allow technically gifted players their moment too.

Time will tell whether the game has an overall balance - I'd be very wary to say that a game is balanced without playing it for a much longer length of time - but nothing stuck out at me so far. Certainly, the most major issues with PES 2011's balance seem to be solved: passing across goal, and throughballs are both much less easy thanks to the interception mechanics. Will people find a way to break this game? I sincerely hope not.

In terms of the core gameplay, Konami has delivered in a way which they haven't for half a decade. Whether the net code will mean this extends fully to online, I do not know. What Football Life has in store, I do not know. What I do know is that this game has both surprised me and reinvigorated me. For the first time what feels like an age, I’m really excited for a football game again.

Quick Summary
 It’s always difficult, and dangerous to try to estimate what people will feel about a game, especially when playing something pre release, but this is something which was quite popular when I did it for a FIFA 12 preview. This is a rough estimation of how people will feel about PES 2012 given how they felt about the previous years’ games.

Someone who is still enjoying PES 2011
 Will likely fall in love with PES 2012

Someone who is finding PES 2011 Frustrating
 Will probably find that most of the things they have found frustrating have disappeared, at least in part, and that PES 2012 gives them a lot more of what they like about PES 2011, without anywhere near as much of what they dislike.

Someone who is on the fence between FIFA 11 and PES 2011
 I suspect that this game may well make their mind up for them in PES 2012’s favour. At least in core gameplay mechanics, I think it’s moved quite firmly ahead of FIFA, and a lot of the previous stumbling blocks have been dealt with.

Someone who prefers FIFA 11 to PES 2011
 I would guess that PES may not have done enough in the right areas to swap their allegiance, but I think it may become more obvious what those who rave about PES are raving about. It doesn’t quite matchup with FIFA’s fluidity, and is still a fair chunk behind it’s animation quality, but it’s made a big step in this area which is important to a lot of people.

Someone who loves FIFA 11, and loathes PES 2011
 Will likely not find their minds changed that much. They may find bits and bobs that they like, but I suspect little more than that.

Point-By-Point
 Finally, this is a quick breakdown of the main areas I experienced, and how I think they hold up.

EXCELLENT (better than any other football game to date)
 Team AI
 Dribbling
 Interceptions
 Team management screens
 Player/Team individuality
 Responsiveness
 VERY GOOD (Could be better, but a real highlight in the game)
 Ball Physics
 CPU AI
 Passing
 GOOD (Not a letdown, but clear room for improvement)
 Collision
 Physics
 Shooting
 Free-kicks & Throw-Ins
 Off-the-ball controls
 Animations
 Cameras
 SOLID (Mostly fine, but a few issues with these are quite damaging)
 Goalkeepers
 Referees
 Atmosphere/Crowd
 PASSABLE (Not much better than the bare minimum, acceptable, but not much more)
 Penalties
 Match stamina model
 POOR (Areas where the game is being severely let down)
 Graphics
 Commentary
« Last Edit: August 3, 2011, 07:10:11 am by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: August 3, 2011, 09:01:55 am »

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #242 on: August 3, 2011, 09:05:59 am »
Get in! I'm so close to deleting 2011 now and as a PC gamer than means no footy outside of FM11. I'm sick to death of my guys never being the right position and never making forward runs unless they're offside.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: August 3, 2011, 12:50:42 pm »
Only cautiously optimistic about this as we've heard all this hyperbolic shite every single year, only for those praising it to the high heavens to back track a few months after the release, usually claiming that they changed the game from the build they played it on.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: August 3, 2011, 12:56:44 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBsp_dGoDZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v43LS_XP7Ec

Still looks very clunky but that doesn't mean it can't play a fluid game though.
First touch is 100% perfect for every player, every time and goalies still look poor.
Just feels like polished 2011 game but then again these highlights don't show the build up game.

Offline NuncaCaminarásSolo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: August 3, 2011, 02:13:55 pm »
Those animations just look so awkward to me. Thats why I could never really enjoy PES 2011. I just never felt assured when swinging in a cross because the animations never looked like I made perfect contact.

That said, I do remember playing the 2011 demo and thinking that 2012 would be the greatest football game ever. Even though many will not believe me, I think there was a massive difference between the demo and the final code. Maybe this dev code everyone's talking about really is that good.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #246 on: August 3, 2011, 02:19:12 pm »
The off the ball movement in PES 2012 is something Fifa 12 truly needs. Saying that, the current animations look better than the ones in the pes 2012 I've been seeing. Slight improvements here and there but they still look a bit dodgy when compared with fifas.

Can't wait to play the demos
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: August 8, 2011, 10:42:16 pm »
< Watch out for big announcements re: PES 2012 tomorrow.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: August 8, 2011, 11:03:33 pm »
< Watch out for big announcements re: PES 2012 tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.
What's it about?

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: August 9, 2011, 09:47:03 pm »
I played the latest code of PES2012 tonight - which will be shown at Gamescom in Germany.

Really enjoyed it. The passing was very satisfying because your AI teammates make really good runs, overlapping as well as short darting ones.
Another aspect which was really improved from 2011 was the defenders were constantly making interceptions, no more standing around like daleks. This means if you miss your pass slightly (or underpower it) there will be a change of possession, or you will lose position, just like in real life.

I didn't see problems with keepers either, they were solid. One shot was spilled but that resulted from a quality shot.

Shooting was good too, some nice curlers towards the corners (R2 shots) and some really cool driven shots.

Overall it played a really enjoyable game of football. The game felt responsive and fun because you have many options to aim your passes when on the ball (I played as Inter Milan). I'm not a huge gamer but I know PES (owning every version apart from the DS pretty much) and this is the best it plays *imo* since 2006. I have no idea whether it will convert Fifa fans or not but it's going to be really interesting to see how it is received this year.

Re: news - some good stuff coming v soon I cannot say more I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2011, 09:48:57 pm by lionel_messias »

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2011, 06:21:29 am »
One shot was spilled but that resulted from a quality shot.

Finally! Reina spills more shots than he saves... on regular mode. It's ridiculous.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2011, 01:57:50 pm »
Finally! Reina spills more shots than he saves... on regular mode. It's ridiculous.

Exactly, it looks they have improved on that from what I saw.

Looks like very little excitement in these parts about PES2012 - which is to be expected.

Hopefully Konami can announce demo details very soon. It doesn't really matter what anyone says, until you get the game in your hands you won't really form an opinion.

Gamescom this week - like I said above, the code I played is going to Germany, and played a really solid, fun game of football; night and day from the wilderness PES years of 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and built on some of the foundations of 2011.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:00:16 pm by lionel_messias »

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2011, 06:39:01 pm »
Anyone know what the big announcement was?
Football is a lie

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2011, 09:06:23 pm »
Exactly, it looks they have improved on that from what I saw.

Looks like very little excitement in these parts about PES2011 - which is to be expected.

Hopefully Konami can announce demo details very soon. It doesn't really matter what anyone says, until you get the game in your hands you won't really form an opinion.

Gamescom this week - like I said above, the code I played is going to Germany, and played a really solid, fun game of football; night and day from the wilderness PES years of 2007, 2008, 2009 and built on some of the foundations of 2010.

;)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2011, 11:45:11 pm »
http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes2012-pitchside-observations/

PES2012 : Pitchside Observations

After putting many hours into playing PES2012 I have come to the conclusion that it is no FIFA, nor is it a PES2011. After reaching this conclusion I realised I was both very happy indeed that this was the case, as well as appreciating in full that I am a pretty damned observant individual.

When I was afforded the opportunity to play preview code last year, circumstances were very different to that of last week. For a start I wasn’t turning up in Manchester last Thursday off the back of a stag weekend in Berlin with my mind and body clearly having had a falling out. No, what made things different this time is that instead of a 24hr stay it would be pushing 72hrs, meaning much more game time and that also I would experiencing the game with a number of my colleagues from WENB/Kitana Media and a couple of cameo appearances by others thrown in for good measure. This was something I missed out on last year and turned out to be hugely beneficial in that it allowed me to appreciate some of the games finer points when not playing. It also acted as a great bonding exercise for the Kitana team beyond playing the game itself and I departed from my time in Manchester feeling that I had met with folk whom I can happily consider as friends. PES, it would appear, does indeed unite and huge thanks have to go to Adam and his family for their wonderful hospitality. Now let’s talk PES2012!

With the press embargo lifting last week and there now being a plethora of detailed PES2012 gameplay impressions available, I thought it would be a good opportunity to look back at my experience of PES2012 last week during the WENB playtest festival of awesome which looked to excel in outstanding contribution in the field of excellence to football videogames. In other words, some of us got together and had a shot of it over the course of last week. This isn’t a full on impressions or preview post exactly as I feel there has been a ton of excellent content offered by WENB and those in the wider community that look to dissect thoroughly just about every facet of this year’s title based on the preview we had access to.

I guess I am looking to get across just how much of an impact a few elements of the gameplay in PES2012 had on me. This is not me saying that the game is flawless as there was, as expected, a degree of ”rawness” to be found with the code. What did take me by surprise was how stable the game performed generally and I was already mindful that of some of the issues existing in the preview code (keepers/shooting) were subject to further work. WENB’s own Suff and Asim Tanvir of NGB posted on twitter after time with new code earlier in the week that things have progressed further along in these departments. With that in mind I don’t think it is worth me touching on these aspects of the game as it is best to avoid any confusion.

Freedom Liberated

If there was one thing PES2011 looked to deliver, it was freedom of play, and for all that the core mechanics and technical assets tried their damndest to make this so, the game was hamstrung somewhat due to the limitations of the team having to essentially start from scratch. That said, the theory of engineering the game for freedom was sound and PES2011 had its moments of brilliance. They (Konami) were on to something and only a lack of all round stability and consistency in performance prevented the game from fully satisfying a passionate fanbase. We were on board with the vision but found ourselves scratching our heads perhaps a little too often at the quality of execution. PES2012 looks to run with what PES2011 promised, yet in doing so Konami have wrong footed us in how we would expect that vision to materialise. Where many would consider a technical leap from Konami similar to that which EA offered up moving from FIFA08 to FIFA09 to be the only solution, they have instead made a leap in core gameplay fundamentals that can be deemed just as impacting in their own right to that of EA’s efforts in 2008 when looking to construct a realistic, deep, but most importantly fun football videogame. Konami understand that the tech-war is not in fact a war at all but merely one of the battles to be fought and at this time it isn’t a fight they are going to win with this instalment. Enter the less glamorous ‘’ones and zeros’’ under all those presentation assets that ultimately drive any videogame experience and what allows PES2012 to be such a flexible and diverse football game.

‘’Active AI’’ is the official name but ‘’Actual Intelligence’’ – though sounding somewhat profound – is how Konami could have chosen to label the beating heart of PES2012 had they been in the mood to up the stakes in the feature naming game that is now part of this generation. The thing is, and let it be known that this is a positive, that this innovation that has been introduced to the franchise doesn’t leap out at you immediately. At very first glance, PES2012 looks very much like an improved, more fluid, ‘’alive’’ version of PES2011. This in itself is not a bad thing but bare in mind this is only at first glance. In my first match I was guilty of playing from muscle memory; not only utilising an approach born of hours upon hours of PES2011 but years of playing football games in general. Despite being forewarned of how advanced PES2012 looked to be in relation AI, I was failing right away to truly appreciate it and was guilty of looking at it as mere decoration – an aesthetic asset as opposed to a genuine aid to my play. This is not to say that what movement was being made wasn’t impressive or aiding me in my debut run out with the game, with full-back overlaps, forwards probing for space and the checking of runs plain to see, it’s just that in playing the game in the style I was – too direct, too fast, ill disciplined and untrusting of my players when in possession – I failed to truly survey the scene and this was made only more noticeable given that I was Barcelona. It wasn’t that I didn’t try to play like the current European Champions, more that I was trying to play like them using a PES2011 nay, any football game pre-PES2012 mindset. Sure, the core technique and make-up of the Barca team ensured I could always threaten my opposition but I was being wasteful with possession, the talent at my disposal, but most of all I wasn’t making use of the intelligence in off-the-ball movement and positioning of my team.

‘’Just play like Barca’’
This was the advice offered to me by my host for the weekend, who was quick to see the error of my ways. Now, that may come across as stating the bleeding obvious as well as potentially sounding damned patronising but here is the thing – it was the right advice to offer. This is how much Konami’s latest rewards you when you ‘’think football’’ and more or less directly apply your knowledge and understanding of the sport and its teams, tactics, individuals, and playing styles in particular. Obviously, for all the advances made in AI and other assets it doesn’t mean the game is completely limitless with possibility, or so deep as to capture every single individual trait of a team or individual. It is still just a videogame approximation of the beautiful game after all, with much of the real sports subtleties yet to be captured but PES2012 does a bloody marvellous job of trying to make you believe such limitless depth exists within the code. The game inspiring such a train of thought is very reminiscent of the classic PS2 titles. After gathering myself at the half time break and with my hosts wise council duly noted, I took to the field with a little more composure in my play and…

…I still ended up getting beat! Barcelona 1 – Benfica 3.

It wasn’t about winning though and my disappointment at losing my first match on PES2012 was greatly tempered by the fact that I had just played a second half in which my passing game at least was a worthy digital replica of the real life Barca in phases. I slowed my game down when in midfield with ball retention my number one priority and as a result the (active) AI – in tandem with players own characteristics on and off the ball – began to manifest in a way I haven’t really seen in a football game before. Suddenly I was spotting players looking for space that went far beyond mere overlapping runs (which were also far more noticeable and effective); players coming short, making little movements to lose markers and those very ‘’purdy’’ diagonal runs where all on display, inviting me to produce the football for which the Catalan giants are known. It was as if wee digital Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Messi were coaching me on the football they look to play and I was delighted to take them up on the offer. A Thoroughly satisfying debut apart from the result, with credit also having to go to the COM controlled Benfica in quickly making me aware that you can’t switch off and every ball is there to be won, along with schooling me in how blindly steaming in to regain possession can often make you look very, very stupid indeed.

It is absolutely vital to notify all before moving on that such was the evolution of my passing game and the freedom the game allows in this department – thanks in no small part to vastly improved through balls and the manual modifier actually adding something to play – that just over 24hrs later I was handing a certain Milan supporter his ass! Me playing as Italy with a turbo-charged Giovinco running the show and destroying my opponent’s England side, 3-1. A proud moment and he won’t like me telling you this…that he picked England.

The Lord of the Dance vs. Barjen Robben
There was one key aspect of the gameplay I just couldn’t fully unlock the potential of in my time playing but I was able to witness its beauty thanks to those others who were present. Dribbling in PES2012 as it stands in this preview code is quite incredible and previously mentioned Milan fan had it aced, hence why I look to emphasise my one glorious 3-1 victory over him whenever possible. We have all seen the videos showing how 1 on 1’s are being approached in this year’s game but let me tell you our host for our WENB gathering would appear to have unlocked so much more wonderful secrets in this discipline. The way it was described by Adam was ‘’a game of rock, paper, scissors’’ and I can see exactly what he means such is how it appears to work. I would add to this ‘’ballet performed on a knife edge’’ which makes no sense whatsoever but I am rolling with it, though possibly Eurogamer put it best when they said you feel as though you are ‘’playing close to the edge of your abilities’’. We really are talking about the absolute finest of margins here and when you succeed and dance your way through three players with such balletic beauty it looks and feels terrific, though perhaps not as beautiful or terrific as Mila Kunis in Black Swan. The work that has been put into making these face-offs at close proximity give the dribbling added dimension and depth. Think FIFA’s ‘’knock-on/first touch’’ control but something that feels less engineered, more organic and sprinkled with incidental and contextual flair which seems to vary from player to player and situation. Okay, there might not be 80,000,000 animations in place but there certainly is a surprising level of variety on show. Thomas ‘’The’’ Broad seemed to get the hang of using bursts of speed and spinning his marker with his back to goal early doors and scored a simply wonderful goal with van Persie only a couple of minutes into his first game. Very van Persie like in its execution and one of those moments from our time playing that reminded me of the PS2 days.

Of course, you can still look to use more orthodox methods along with the usual tricks and feints – including the improved shot feint – in which Danny was glad to illustrate via his constant use of ‘Barjen Robben’. To be fair, Danny was merely looking to use the main strength in his line-up and for all that the threat posed when he had Robben on the ball was very real, which is as it should be, he was made to work to beat his man and it just added to his pleasure no doubt! Thankfully and more importantly realistically, for all that dribbling has improved immeasurably over PES2011 and could be *whispers* the best dribbling has ever been in a PES game…maybe any football game*whispers* it’s not over the top, nor is it the case that a central defender will be slaloming or pirouetting his team to glory. Also, while the catch-up bug has gone, this does not mean we get the polar opposite as a result and have players tearing away from their markers. No, the balance at this juncture appears to be just right and it has a lot to do with Active AI fulfilling its role well, thus demanding that a player more often than not has to beat his man and those secondary pressers in order to go through the gears fully.

It really needs be said that never before in a football game have ‘’mighty midgets’’ or ‘’technicians’’ looked and felt so colossal out on the field. The likes of Silva, Modric and rather memorably for myself in one particular game I won 3-1, Giovinco, all stand out superbly. The more languid style best epitomised by someone like Busquets is well realised as well in that they he possesses a level of on the ball ‘smarts’ that sees him able to show composure in spite of a lack of pace and mobility on the ball. I don’t think I need to detail just how explosive Messi and Ronaldo are but let me just say that from what I witnessed they have been realised fantastically. It isn’t about these player’s abilities exclusively however, and all that goes on around them plays a huge part in making all these individuals stand out in PES2012.

The Return of an Art Form?
What would all this improvement and innovation matter if the defending wasn’t fit for purpose? Well, defending is pretty damned solid from my experience though it is demanding in just the right way. Timing and clever, conservative utilisation of secondary press is key and echoes what was present in the later PS2 offerings, though the system in PES2012 feels much more refined thanks to what in my opinion is a far more intuitive contain mechanic. The visual signposting as to what your player is doing is far clearer than found in PES2011 resulting in greater confidence when facing up to an attack, which naturally is helped by the AI improvements that see that a greater level of organisation and awareness is present.

Such is the depth of control at the disposal of the ball carrier and the intricacies present in 1 on 1 situations that they do feel like a genuine test of nerve and composure when undertaking defensive duties, especially when facing up against speed stars and players who possess excellent technique and hold up play ability. This includes when they have their back to goal and are receiving a pass. Often I found my defenders getting beaten by a clever first touch or spin into space due to me being over eager to get to the ball. In PES2012, much like the real sport, you will have to sometimes concede ground if it means getting that right moment to make the challenge or wait for the necessary support to arrive in order to temper an attack. There were even moments of defensive flair apparent in my time playing, with one goal saving clearance from Gari in a match against Danny that will live long in the memory. It took us all by surprise that one, especially Danny! Elsewhere I spotted little flicks and moments of control when a defender was dealing with an awkward ball that made defending look all the more tidy and composed. No more stage fright when dealing with through balls is also a welcome (and damned necessary!) fix as well and the all round alertness to stray balls, along with defenders looking to intercept and block not going without note either. The return of the art of defending? It be looking rather promising on this evidence.

Closing Thoughts
Make no mistake, for all that PES2012 is cut from the same cloth as PES2011 and shares some similarities in look and in some motion, it plays a game that is so far removed from last year’s offering as to be unrecognisable. This latest outing from Konami actually vindicates a lot of what PES2011 looked to offer fans and is a great advert for developers looking to implement fan feedback as well as ensuring that their own vision isn’t completely compromised in the process. PES 2012 is more of the same with the emphasis very much being on the ‘’more’’; more animation(though not genre defining for a sports title), more graphical polish, more stable, more fluid, more freedom of play, more tactical options, more off-the-cuff flair, more depth, more emotion, more passion, more possibility….erm…more goalkeeping!

The team in Japan not looking to start again from scratch has resulted in them producing something that ironically feels as though they have re-built the game entirely. This is a parallel that PES2012 shares in common with those titles from the PS2 glory days (though far more pronounced in this case) and it is surely no coincidence that with this being first game on next-gen for the franchise that looked to use the previous instalment as a solid base, it has benefited development of PES2012 enormously in pure gameplay terms.

As development enters into injury time the hope is that so much of what shines in preview code is not compromised as Konami look to deliver what is shaping up to be without doubt their finest effort in this generation.

I leave you with these words of wisdom as we venture forward to gamescom…

I beat Adam 3-1! Oh, and playing the game from pitchside camera is the way to go ;)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #255 on: August 15, 2011, 12:01:44 pm »
Oh Adam, Adam, Adam!

::)
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #256 on: August 15, 2011, 12:58:33 pm »
A daft, superficial, suggestion (they should be looking at the gameplay!) but I always thought it was a shame that the edit mode didn't let you customise the appearance of the Manager and an Assistant - given that they have spoken about adding lots of detail (press, stewards, photographers, etc) to enhance the matchday feel, I fancy it'd be an entertaining option to add (and so bloody eeasy to implement!).

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: August 15, 2011, 02:54:44 pm »
As already been pointed out on the WENB comments section, the guy writing that review gave Pes 2011 9 out of 10 last year. Beware.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #258 on: August 15, 2011, 04:39:12 pm »
As already been pointed out on the WENB comments section, the guy writing that review gave Pes 2011 9 out of 10 last year. Beware.

Its the exact same shite we've been told in each of the last 4 or so years.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2011, 05:14:54 pm »

I can't vouch for him but I played the game myself. I would have given PES2011 a 7.5 pushing 8.

PES2012 is still incomplete but it plays much better than last year's already. Like I said, you'll want to play it yourself and see how it feels to pass the ball about.

I've no axe to grind; it plays well.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 16, 2011, 09:47:05 pm »
Just downloaded an option file for the PS3 (PES 2011)

Anyone give me a step by step walkthrough on how to install it onto the PS3?

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2011, 09:59:27 pm »

You should just be able to plug into the ps3 and copy over as far as i know. Its the xbox that was fiddly.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2011, 10:00:43 pm »
You should just be able to plug into the ps3 and copy over as far as i know. Its the xbox that was fiddly.

So if I copy the files onto my hard-drive (after extracting them), plug it into the PS3, turn the game on...then what?

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2011, 12:41:54 am »
So if I copy the files onto my hard-drive (after extracting them), plug it into the PS3, turn the game on...then what?

Shouldnt it prompt you to overwrite?

try this

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49955/t1583391-ps3-option-file-tutorial/

Offline USgooner

• Liverpool Red.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 17, 2011, 03:01:22 am »
Its the exact same shite we've been told in each of the last 4 or so years.

What he said.

Offline Anwer

• off
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2011, 05:18:12 am »

I've just downloaded bought PES 2011. Know a good place to get the latest options file for PS3?
this is not a signature, go away

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 17, 2011, 08:57:41 am »
Shouldnt it prompt you to overwrite?

try this

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49955/t1583391-ps3-option-file-tutorial/

Figured it out before i saw this, thanks anyway though mate.

Had to do the triangle > copy thing on the XMB menu under game data, all working now, done the transfers aswell so all good!

After playing a few games, i can see why people like the manager mode (master league) in PES, it's got a lot more depth to it than fifa however, the animations just do my head in.

Fifa graphics, Fifa animation, pes gameplay = best footy game ever IMO.

Offline The Fadman

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2011, 09:10:11 am »
I'm trying to get excited about this game but I just can't. We all know deep down inside that PES 2012 won't even come near the greatness of 5 and 6 (Even though I really want it too).

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 17, 2011, 10:53:43 am »
@Fadman Having played PES2012, I would be quite excited about it if I were you, it will play better than the old versions you name there! The last few years games have been crap, last year's was playable, this years is good again.

• The first of TWO Pes demo's will be released next week on PSN and Xbox Live. Each demo will allow to play as different teams. I thought it was going to be announced last week but was delayed.
  • The game will have facebook integration so you can set up matches and customised leagues.
  • Greasy-boy will be the cover star - sadly.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:00:15 am by lionel_messias »

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2011, 11:01:19 am »
mrbamber Mark Bamber
MyPES revealed facebook integration direct into #PES2012 track your friends stats

Not that any of my friends play PES anymore like  :butt (I still do).

EDIT: Just seen you edit above ^

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2011, 11:10:14 am »
  • The game will have facebook integration so you can set up matches and customised leagues.

Fucking get in. Now got to hope that the usual red latency has been improved.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2011, 12:08:34 pm »
And this is a good video on what the game looks like this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JgEeBKMOHI

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2011, 01:28:40 pm »
Just seen the videos of this. Wasn't impressed. Will need a demo.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2011, 02:04:32 pm »
I keep hearing "this is going to be the best PES since the PES6/PES5/"the PS2 days". That's just not good enough, to be honest. It's 2011 and before we know it, this gaming generation will be withering away while KONAMI try to make a game better than a PS2 game over 5 years old.

I reallllly hope PES 2012 is better than PES 5 but I'm gonna reserve judgement til at least the 2nd demo.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2011, 02:06:21 pm »
I keep hearing "this is going to be the best PES since the PES6/PES5/"the PS2 days". That's just not good enough, to be honest. It's 2011 and before we know it, this gaming generation will be withering away while KONAMI try to make a game better than a PS2 game over 5 years old.

its true. but its also true that if its the best since pes5, it will be better than fifa.
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2011, 02:13:04 pm »
Hmmm, looks very ping pong-y in that gameplay video.

its true. but its also true that if its the best since pes5, it will be better than fifa.

Not really, all that would mean is that its less shite than anything that came after pes5.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:15:28 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2011, 02:14:49 pm »

Ye, I thought that. Pretty faced paced action
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

• Anny Roader
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2011, 02:15:25 pm »

True. But if it's only the best since PES 6, then FIFA will probably be better (but probably still not good enough for me to put down my WE9/PES5 controller).

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2011, 02:33:46 pm »

Not really, all that would mean is that its less shite than anything that came after pes5.

well i enjoyed pro 5 and 6 far more than anything fifa has had to offer. i played pro 2011 at my mates, and i can see where people are coming from, it was a decent game. it was fun. fifa 11 wasnt fun. i felt saturated after every couple of games on fifa 11, whereas i could play the early pros all day. we as football fans do want a realistic game of football, but there has to be a balance between realism and fun in the game. i feel fifa 11 erred too far on the side of realism, it was clunky.
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline The Scouseologist

• Weak-bladdered, ultimately repentant pie-hog
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2011, 02:40:58 pm »
I bought PES 5 for PSP the other day for 75p and that is better than PES 11 on PS3.

Played PES since the ISS days and it is the inferior football game now.

Hate to say this, but FIFA is way ahead and better.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum