Author Topic: Internal Spyin' Kop - End of Season Review  (Read 8189 times)

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
Internal Spyin' Kop - End of Season Review
« on: May 24, 2016, 08:00:16 pm »
Thoughts and feedback appreciated  :wave

Welcome to RAWK’s end of season review. There are plenty of these knocking about and posters have been expressing a range of views in a number of threads. The dust has settled after our Europa League adventure. Now is as good a time as any to take stock. Go nuts!

How happy are you with the season? What would you give it out of ten?

Reflecting on our summer business last year, how would you judge it now?

The appointment of Klopp was greeted with a fair amount of delirium round these parts. Now this has passed (has it? :P ), have you been impressed? Do you think there are things he could work on?

Most enjoyable game of the season?

Worst performance of the season? (What did we learn from it, if anything?)

Player of the season?

Most improved player?

Looking at our squad at the time of writing, what are the three key positions we need to improve?

Which three players do you think are surplus to requirements?

Leicester City are champions. Honestly, how does that make you feel in regard to our pursuit of number 19? Has an opportunity been missed or does it signal a time for renewed optimism?

Off the pitch…
It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions. Not least our most important victory of the season in Warrington. The families, survivors and campaigners can, hopefully, at last find some peace in knowing that the injustice of the previous 27 years was corrected. There are many seasoned campaigners who deserve so much credit and respect for their patience, perseverance, undying love for their families and unwavering strength in the face many years of adversity from the establishment, the press and many of the wider public. It wasn’t always like it is now. Accountability comes next. As ever, we stand with them.

Also off the field, we had:
•   The arrival of a manager who is keen on connecting with the fans in the ground on a match day.
•   Ticket protests becoming a national headline.

Taking all of the above into account, do you think it has had a significant impact on the fan base? If so, how?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:36:10 pm by Alan_X »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Internal Spyin' Kop - End of Season Review
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 10:06:56 am »

I'd give it a convoluted 6/10. The cold hard facts are we've equaled our worst League finish in decades and ended without a trophy so when judging by some of our better seasons it can't compare. However that does only tell a fraction of the story: the optimism of Klopp's arrival, some brilliant performances against some of our biggest rivals, a couple of exhilarating cup runs that sadly fell just short, a growing sense of belief (until Basle anyway!). Put it this way, it's a season that will live longer in the memory than the one that went before, or any number in recent seasons where we finished slight;y higher but with far less long term grounds for optimism.

Given the obligatory wailing and gnashing of teeth that followed most transfer sagas last summer and the interminable debates around the Transfer Committee then by sheer weight of numbers most transfers can be deemed a success at this relatively early stage with one rather obvious exception (take a bow Adam Bogdan ;) ).

Looking at them on a case by case basis:

Joe Gomez - looked remarkably composed on his debut and for the next few games. Gradually became more uncomfortable at Left Back but that's entirely understandable. Looked a really good prospect until his unfortunate injury. Hopefully he'll be fully recuperated and ready to rumble again in August. HIT

James Milner - probably not the answer in central midfield as Brendan had hoped but still had an effective season for us. An intelligent player and best crosser in the team. Scored some important goals and created some vital ones. Good man to have around the place. HIT

Danny Ings - pretty harsh to judge based on such little playing time and none of it under Klopp. Was just finding his feet and looking very decent for us when injury ended his season cruelly early. If he can get back to full fitness he looks tailor made for a Klopp side and hoping he can push on next season. WILL BE A HIT

Adam Bogdan - he came, he saw, he dropped corners at Nathan Ake's feet. Kudos for his penalty saves against Carlisle but let's be honest, if we see him play for us again something's gone badly wrong somewhere! MISS

Roberto Firmino - where does he fit in? What's his best position? What does he do? Buggered if I know but he scores and assists a lot and that's enough for me. First season in a new League, took a little while to adapt but like the team as a whole really kicked on after Christmas and saved his best for Villareal. Couldn't realistically have expected much more. HIT

Nathaniel Clyne - arguably our most consistent player of the season. Had a handful of bad games, just a very good defender who gets forward well. Not the flashiest of full backs but chipped in with a couple of goals and more than capable of putting a decent ball in as we saw in the Europa Final. Solved a problem position and no worries over him at all. HIT

Christian Benteke - hard to conclude anything other than a disappointment. Did chip in with goals and more often than not when he scored they were important goals (winners v Bournemouth, Leicester and Sunderland off the top of my head, point saver vs Chelsea). However for such a big money signing you'd expect them to be come a lynchpin of the side and it was clear from early on that he didn't quite fit. If he moves elsewhere I've no doubt he'll score goals. I'm not averse to keeping him as a useful sub option but not sure that's best for him or the club. Will have to see what transpires. MISS

The appointment of Klopp was greeted with a fair amount of delirium round these parts. Now this has passed (has it? :P), have you been impressed? Do you think there are things he could work on?

Delirium and rightly so! Signing of the season in so many ways and it hasn't passed for me. Inconsistency of performance remained through the season, often in mitigating circumstances  but the signs of what he can achieve were there for all of us to see in the two cup runs and League performances against most of the bigger sides. Solve the cheap goals we concede and the sloppy dropped points against dross and we can achieve great things.

I'm not going to tell him what he can work on, I'm sure he and his team no already what needs to be done. File me under "absolute faith".

It would have to be a game that we won easily rather than a nailbiter like certain Europa League Quarter Finals and we're not spoiled for choice here. Honourable mentions for Southampton in the League Cup, Villa away, Chelsea away and Everton at home but for me the most enjoyable was the first 45 minutes away at Man City. No strikers to work with, at a team with the best home record in the League where we had a poor recent record and we just took them apart. Some great team goals and a real early statement of what a Klopp side can do in the League.

Sadly, there's a fair few options to choose from here too! Too many poor defeats to bottom half teams. I think most disappointing was that defeat at Newcastle, coming I think off the back of 4 straight wins and the battering of Southampton. At that point we felt invincible and I think that game provided quite the reality check for our inconsistent team.

Player of the season?

A tough one this. The fact there wasn't one outstanding candidate but plenty in with a shout shows how we've evolved from the days of star quality like Suarez or Torres but now have a squad where everyone has an important role to play. I don't think anyone shone all the way through the season, if I had to pick one I'd actually go for Lovren. To go from that West Ham game to becoming a real front foot, aggressive, dominating centre back for the most part of the season was a real credit to him (and Klopp and his team I guess)

Most improved player?

Again there are plenty of contenders here which can only be a good sign. Lovren again deserves a mention, as does Emre Can who grew into our most important midfielder. Lallana also became a vital member of Klopp's first choice team. However I'm going to go for Divock Origi. He arrived with a few question marks (mainly from outside the club?) and started tentatively. If in October you'd said that he would become our first choice striker for huge games in Europe you'd have been laughed at yet the progress he's made has been startling. Looks a real, powerful handful and looking forward to seeing him in the Euros and then back at full tilt for us in August.

Looking at our squad at the time of writing, what are the three key positions we need to improve?

I'm going to pretend I wrote this about a week ago...

Goalkeeper - Migs had his moments but too many cheap goals conceded, often with a first shot on target. We can definitely improve here
Left Back - as above really. Moreno can still play a part but a Left sided Clyne type would give us more security in the big games
Central Midfield - not sure if we need a Masch destroyer type, or a Xabi playmaker type (or both!) but just having one of these would make us a more balanced side I think

Given no Europe next year there's going to be a few fringe players who just won't get much game time next season, especially with expected signings to come. So I'd say Joe Allen (reluctantly, think he really was useful for us), Benteke and...ah yes, Mario Balotelli!

Leicester City are champions. Honestly, how does that make you feel in regard to our pursuit of number 19? Has an opportunity been missed or does it signal a time for renewed optimism?

I thought it would make me feel a bit annoyed but actually I found it very refreshing in the end. I'd have been more pissed off watching City or Chelsea celebrating. Saying "if they can do it, so can anyone" will get tired very quickly but it does show that a settled squad with no European distractions, fully focussed on every League game can punch above their weight. I'm not sure this year was an opportunity missed in that no one was expecting a challenge. It is annoying that we only seem to get our act together when there's another side at their peak but who knows, maybe next year will be our y...

Off the pitch…
It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions. Not least our most important victory of the season in Warrington. The families, survivors and campaigners can, hopefully, at last find some peace in knowing that the injustice of the previous 27 years was corrected. There are many seasoned campaigners who deserve so much credit and respect for their patience, perseverance, undying love for their families and unwavering strength in the face many years of adversity from the establishment, the press and many of the wider public. It wasn’t always like it is now. Accountability comes next. As ever, we stand with them.

•   The arrival of a manager who is keen on connecting with the fans in the ground on a match day.
•   Ticket protests becoming a national headline.

Taking all of the above into account, do you think it has had a significant impact on the fan base? If so, how?

I'm fully armchair these days so I'm not going to comment or criticise the fanbase much. You'd hope that the events of the inquest can make see people see the bigger picture. What the Families fought for and achieved was truly remarkable.

The ticket protest was a great moment. The following weekend I was out with friends and had a Celtic and a Sunderland fan telling me how impressed they were with the stand we took (or was that United away in the Europa?). As for connecting with Klopp, it's hard not to get carried away with his infectious attitude. I really hope the match going support in particular stays right behind him next season. It was remarkable given his status at the time and our predicament that we got him and it would be crazy to not give him our full backing and support at this time.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:10:23 am by Crosby Knickerless »

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 11:08:43 am »

the good days 8/10 and bad days 4/10. 10/10 for frustration.

when they play well: 8/10 and bad days 4/10. 10/10 for frustration.

The appointment of Klopp was greeted with a fair amount of delirium round these parts. Now this has passed (has it? :P ), have you been impressed? Do you think there are things he could work on?

the good days... to be honest I think we have to judge him next season. Like I thought about Rodgers he wasn't the Messiah but he wasn't a very naughty boy either. I hope and believe to an extent that Klopp is more than a motivator, but that trait has certainly served him well this season. We like him and we all want it to fit perfectly but didn't we do that with Brendan?
I think what's different for me is that when Brendan arrived some of us were surprised not only at his appointment but also his demands for being solely in charge and to be fair some of us admired that authority but there was an element of wariness. I haven't sensed that from anyone about Jurgen.

Beating Everton or Utd. Always. For sheer atmos probably the Dortmund game but really who can complain about the beating of our rivals ever.

Swansea for me. It showed the lack of class once we scrape the surface of our squad, it showed how little the 'reserve' team have played together and it reminded me of the complete lack of leadership, guts and ambition when the stakes are low.

Player of the season?

Varied

Most improved player?

Lovren came up on the rails towards the end of the season massively and gives me confidence now. Toure's looking assured and statesman like now as opposed to Godzilla of the early season.

Less positions and more mental improvements. 1) Goalie needs to command and have authority. He doesn't. Scooby Doo when faced with a ghost would inspire more calm and confidence. 2) Someone, (anyone!) needs to command authority and inspiration and determination in the centre of the park as a proper leader. Not Henderson. Not Milner although he's closer. Gary Mac did it for a season, Gerrard's continuing presence stopped us properly bringing on someone else, and now we have no-one who commands, who causes proper fear in the opposition, who can alter a team's attitude and vibe. This is the biggest thing for me.
3) Left back who can defend.

Igor Biscan, Dwight Yorke and John Terry

I think if Klopp had been in last season, I'd feel gutted about a missed opportunity but this season it was anyone's and no-one's. Ask me in a year.

Off the pitch…
It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions. Not least our most important victory of the season in Warrington. The families, survivors and campaigners can, hopefully, at last find some peace in knowing that the injustice of the previous 27 years was corrected. There are many seasoned campaigners who deserve so much credit and respect for their patience, perseverance, undying love for their families and unwavering strength in the face many years of adversity from the establishment, the press and many of the wider public.

•   The arrival of a manager who is keen on connecting with the fans in the ground on a match day.

Yes absolutely, I think club and fan feel closer and more connected, I think we feel more empowered as a fan base and whilst I think Klopp's arrival has energised the support for the team, that support is for the modern, now team, and that is different somehow from our feelings of the past. So the victory of the verdicts and the ticket price war and so on has brought the supporters closer and together in time as well as feelings. The past has been very much in today's news, and I'm hopeful we become a force as one, for good for club/Klopp/fan
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:33:33 pm by Alan_X »
Yep.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 09:33:00 am »
Thanks for the questions archie

7/10. It's been a strange season but there have been enough highs to push it up well above average. No silverware and a poor league position at the end knocks it down. Southampton in the League Cup, Chelsea at the Bridge, Norwich 5-4, United and Dortmund in the UEFA Cup, were all up there and when you add in Klopp and the inquest result it would be churlish to mark it any lower. 

It was disappointing to lose two finals but it was great to be in them.

The impact of injuries is difficult to judge - every team has to contend with them to some extent but we suffered badly in key areas - striker being the most critical across the season and there was the Caulker moment when it seemed like we had no centre backs.

Pretty decent business. Milner, Firmino and Clyne have all become key players and Ings and Gomez were both looking good before they got injured. Benteke looks like a decent player but at the wrong club. It's worth noting that he's scored a few important goals despite that.

Bogdan was a disaster - I'll never get the memory of that Watford goal out of my head.

The outs were obviously dominated by Sterling to City. He may become a £50million player but didn't have a great deal of influence and finished the season with a League Cup medal and a disappointing league position. We finally got some cash for Borini and said goodbye to Lambert and Coates.

All in all not bad business.

The appointment of Klopp was greeted with a fair amount of delirium round these parts. Now this has passed (has it? :P), have you been impressed? Do you think there are things he could work on?

Very impressed. The excitement has been tempered a bit by the two finals and a few league results but the club landed the manager most other fans would have wanted for their own club.

A word also for his sidekicks - Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz. They support Klopp with advice, analysis and crucially, friendship. Buvac and Klopp go way back and they seem to share the same passion and enjoyment of football for footballs sake, even when it all goes tits up.

There's no question that he get's Liverpool. He seems like a perfect fit but I think it's fair to say he was surprised by the crowd (not in a good way) when he first arrived and the way the games came thick and fast had him on the back foot.

What is also without doubt is the way he's improved players who didn't look like they'd make it here. Some of the 'good' transfers from this summer , and some of the 'mistakes' from the previous summer have been improved to the point where they have become first picks. He has managed Sturridge's fitness really well and if Hodgson doesn't fuck up all the good work in the few weeks he has him, Sturridge should have a far better chance of being the striker we know he can be for an extended period.

Last of all there's his wonderfully dismissive attitude to the worst of the English football press. 

In an average season there are plenty to choose from. I'm going to pick two. Dortmund second leg has to be one of the best games ever, full stop. It had everything: drama, goals, great play from the away team, a mad comeback and a great atmosphere... but I watched it in the pub (albeit in great company) and so for the best live game this season it has to be Norwich away. Beating Chelsea was boss but the sheer lunacy of that game had me standing at the end in a state of delirious shock. It was a beautiful day and when Bobby Firmino scored the opening goal I thought we were in for a nice stroll in the sunshine. Ah well...

Watford for me. To be fair to Watford they were in their pomp that day (Ighalo and Deeney just ripped through us at will), but Bogdan was a nightmare and we just didn't turn up. We learnt that Bogdan was not a good goalkeeper, that Skrtel still had problems positionally, that a team with strikers will score goals and that Watford has some awful pubs and bars

Player of the season?

Tricky one. Phil Coutinho is our best player when Sturridge is not available but he hasn't been consistent. If he'd done his best work more often then he would be a shoo-in for this. But as he hasn't, I think that Bobby Firmino and James Milner both come into the frame.

Most improved player?

A big field since the arrival of Klopp. A lot of players who looked poor have been re-energised and improved in the short time Klopp's been here, but my vote probably goes to Dejan Lovren. From a player who was headed for the exit door to the player we all expected him to be. Closely followed by Origi.

To be challenging for the title we probably need to improve across the team, but assuming Sturridge, Ings and Origi stay fit, the priorities have to be goalkeeper, left back and a creative/wide player.

Bogdan obviously, Skrtel & Caulker. Players like Moreno, Ibe and Benteke will be surplus to the starting line-up but I'd hesitate to offload them until we know that we have better replacements.

I'm happy for them but they had a perfect season in terms of injuries and the way the the expected challengers under-performed. It wasn't an opportunity missed for us because we weren't in a position to do what Leicester did, but it does highlight the fact that those opportunities do arise every so often and we need to be in the right shape and mindset if we're to take advantage. The alternative is that FSG keep improving our income and feed that into the team so we compete as equals with Chelsea, Arsenal, United and City, rather than see ourselves as underdogs.

Off the pitch…

An incredible result that outweighs everything else at the club this year.

•       The arrival of a manager who is keen on connecting with the fans in the ground on a match day.
•       Ticket protests becoming a national headline.

The first few games under Klopp and Basel showed that having Klopp as manager isn't enough in itself - the team, the manager and the crowd have to be together and the performances have to be good, or at least committed, for the crowd to respond. It's always been the case and I prefer it that way.

I think the walk-out was less important as a headline (though that was amazing) than the impact it seems to have had in the ground itself. It's easy to sing when you're winning and hug a stranger when we score a last minute goal. It says far more when you give up something and show solidarity in that way.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:42:13 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 10:33:08 am »

Absolute turgid season with regards to what happened on the pitch. Despite that it gave us some brilliant memories and games. Dortmund and the United EL games being the obvious ones but a shout out to Joe Allen and Adam Lallana who had me breaking my missus' brothers brand new ray bans and kicking bean bag chairs everywhere at 4 o clock in the morning respectively. Oh and we got Klopp. That takes it from a minus score to a ten.

It was probably a good transfer window to be honest. Milner and Clyne have come in and done exactly what I expected and then a bit more. Ings can not be judged yet but I've a feeling he will prove a bargain. Gomez suffered terrible luck and will hopefully come back stronger. Firmino took his time to settle, and rightly so, and then showed us all what a tremendous player he can be on his day. Benteke has done what I expected too. He doesn't suit our style of play but is a good enough striker to score a decent amount of goals if given the game time. This summer is (as ever) a crucial one. One I hope we get right.

The club has finally replaced Rafa Benitez and has for the first time since his departure stopped me from dreaming of him coming back to save us. That is the biggest compliment I can pay him. I idolise Rafa so trust me, it is a huge compliment.

Enjoyable? Hmm, suppose that rules Dortmund and the United games out as they were nerve wrecking throughout. Probably the City away game in the league. We bossed them, I was laughing seeing Skrtel smash a thumping volley in from outside the box. Didn't watch the home derby due to work but from the highlights I saw I think that would have been a clear winner.

A few contenders here, unfortunately. A few from after Klopp took over, too. West Ham away in the league probably for me as I've been living in New Zealand since September so I've not managed to watch all the games. Getting up in the middle of the night for that was depressing.

Player of the season?

Firmino, Lovren, Milner all in with a serious shout. But for me it is Nathaniel Clyne. One poor 45 minutes in the whole season. Mr consistent. Best right back since Finnan. Hopefully he sticks around for the next half a decade.

Most improved player?

Lovren. Didn't rate him, didn't like him. Not afraid to admit that. Glad he has turned it round and to come full circle from the penalty miss to the Dortmund header was fantastic. Looks set to be first choice next season so hopefully we see more of the Lovren from this season rather than his debut campaign.

The biggest one is already sorted. So glad Klopp realised this and has acted as fucking quick as possible. Now for a left back and then after that I don't really care. If you push me for a 3rd one can we have Reus?

Not writing anybody off after seeing the improvement in Lovren and others. I'd guess Skrtel, Benteke and hopefully Moreno will be surplus.

Doesn't really change my views on anything. We can win it. As each year goes by the playing field becomes more level and more teams are challenging. I certainly think the league can be won with 80 points or less over the next few seasons due to so many teams being able to beat others. Lets just go quietly about improving ourselves and let Klopp take us to wherever we are destined to go. No more 'next year is our year' bullshit. Oh and massive congrats to Leicester. Delighted for Rainieri.

Off the pitch…

An absolutely terrific outcome for the families, the survivors and everybody connected to the club and the city. Such a horribly long wait is finally over. As has been said, accountability next. Hopefully more people have been educated and will not be so careless as to throw about horrible tweets, songs, remarks and the like about what really happened. Finally, the truth.

Great to see away tickets capped at 30 pound, but that is still not enough. Next step is to get all tickets, both home and away, capped at that price. That would be an acceptable price for everybody, including the working class whose game it is. I hope the hard work hasn't stopped because of this little victory and the protests continue until it is truly an affordable game for the working class again. Fucking hate it that my old man hasn't been able to go the game for years now due to the astronomical prices.

Klopps connection with the fans has been great but as I haven't been to the game since he arrived I can not comment on the impact inside the ground. I'd like to think the fan base is more united again with everybody on the side of the manager. It's been a while since that has been the case. Can't wait to get inside Anfield again next season.

Keep the faith. Believe.  :wave

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:32:19 pm by Alan_X »
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 05:02:09 pm »
Brilliant OP, and some of the contributions so far have been bang on. Anyway, my tuppenceworth...

A good, solid 7/10. Reaching 2 cup finals is no mean feat, even if we didn't quite have the ability to see either of them through to a successful conclusion. But they say you've got to be in it to win it, so I can't fault the lads or the club for the effort. We exist to win trophies, and in order to do so we have to feature in the big games. The cup runs have been amazing, sending us right back to the days of Rafa in the CL and the madness of 2001. Klopp has reignited us as a force within 7 months. Sure there have been a few bumps on the way, and he's been massively hindered by injury. Plus you could argue that he's used the Premier League as his experimental laboratory, hence the low finish. Next season is one I am licking my lips in anticipation of.

Pretty solid. Clyne is the standout for me, never really one to let us down. I can also include Milner in that category, especially in the last 3 months of the season. But neither is that sprinkling of stardust on the team, they are more like grafters. Firmino has flattered to deceive in my opinion, offering flashes of brilliance in among periods of absolute inactivity. Benteke is the right player in the wrong team, but I can't fault his effort and as Alan_X said, he's pitched in with more than a few important goals. The less said about Bogdan, the better though...

He's still adjusting to the English game, and it's no surprise he's got the European thing sorted already. It's still too early to judge, I'd ask that question again at Christmas.

Dortmund, closely followed by the Mancs at home in the EL. Both what Anfield was built for.

Watford, Newcastle away, Palace, West Ham. All the shitty ones in the PL basically.

Player of the season?

A lot of people will say Coutinho, but I'll beg to differ. In terms of consistency, delivering solid performances that you can rely on, I'd give it to Lovren.

Most improved player?

Lovren, 100%. Completely different player to the one that Rodgers nearly destroyed.

Goalie, although it looks like there are movements there. Left back for well-documented reasons. Dominant centre midfield, Gerrard-esque type of rampaging destroyer.

Benteke. Henderson. Skrtel.

Definitely a missed opportunity, although the stars really did line up for Leicester this year. Chelsea imploded, United were just shit, Arsenal never threatened, Spurs did what Spurs do, City are waiting for their new suit to wear. If these things had happened 2 years ago we'd have won number 19 easily. These kinds of seasons happen occasionally, and Leicester took full advantage. They will struggle to adapt to the challenges of 4 competitions next season for sure. It should, though, give us hope that with a reduced number of games we can mount a serious challenge next year. But then again, everyone will be thinking that...

Off the pitch…

Yes. it has solidified a wavering, disparate group and made us a force again. The flares before the matches as the coach pulls up to Anfield, the general vibe of the place, the new stand emerging. The future is really bright and the fans know it. It also shows that if we stick together, great things can happen.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 05:15:49 pm »

Very happy. 8/10 for me and the biggest reason is that during the season we have evolved and improved and got really, really close to Top 4 level of performances which means broadly speaking getting to 2 points per game and 2 goals per game region. It`s unfortunate that we only hit that level around mid-February so it was too late to make a serious claim for the Top 4 spot which we would have gotten easily if the PL was our only focus.
For me the level of performances are much more important than your league position because we have improved massively from that team that struggled badly for goals during entirety of 14/15 season and the 15/16 as well till February.

It`s probably been our most successful summer of transfers since summer 07. Clyne, Gomez, Origi and Firmino will be massive parts of our future and with someone like Origi we have found a genuine gem who will more likely than not become a top-class forward. Milner also belongs to this group but he`s a short-term solution anyway. Benteke obviously has been a massive mistake. Brilliant work by our much maligned recruitment team.

He achieved much more than I anticipated and showed his class by pushing us to the final of a European cup which is something that nobody could have envisaged when he took over. But what`s more important for me for more than a year we were a team struggling for goals and it would get so bad we would be wondering where our next goal is coming from. Once Origi and Firmino settled and Sturridge got back into the team we are again full of goals and are able to blow teams away every once in a while.

It`s very reminiscent of the second part of 12/13 season which was a great indication for what was to come. We are in exact same position now and with a couple of good tweaks we can again build an overwhelming front 4 that can scare the living bejeezus out of the rest of the league. Since Klopp took over in October only Spurs scored more goals than us which bodes very very well for our title challenge next season.

City 4-1. Definitely one of the performance I`m the most proud of in a good few years.

Newcastle 0-2.

Player of the season?

Without the shadow of the doubt Phillipe Coutinho. He`s the most under-rated player in Europe right now. And the reason for it is that for a very good chunk of the last two seasons we have forced him to play with the likes of Balotelli and Benteke in front of him - two strikers that don`t make runs in behind not just to give him an option for a through ball but also to vacate that vital central spot on the edge of the area where he can run into and finish.

It was clear what Klopp`s plan was with Coutinho when he took over - his favorite formation is 4231 and since Phil doesn`t have the stamina to play in a 2 Klopp has committed to using him on the left and practically challenged him to make that position his own as he can`t play him anywhere else ( he can`t use him as no.8 in a midfield three because that`s not how he sets-up his midfield ) and Coutinho has duly obliged.

Under Rodgers Phil was used everywhere and scored only 1 goal in like 10 games under Rodgers this season but under Klopp Phil has flourished - I looked up all the minutes Phil played in this new position under Klopp without Benteke on the pitch ( that`s the kind of environment he`ll be playing in under Klopp going forward - no immobile targetmen anymore ) and he has 9 goals and 5 assists in 1878 mins;  that`s a goal every 208 mins. That`s the kind of contribution strikers would have been proud of , let alone an AM.

The only reason people think he`s inconsistent is because they can`t see he plays significantly better when there`s no targetman in front of him and he can attack that vital space from which the most goals in football are scored from. He`s going to be world-class for us in the coming years - first two seasons he scored 5 goals each , now he scored 8 with all aforementioned problems, next season he`ll easily get 12-15.

Most improved player?

It was close between Can and Origi but I have to give it to our Belgian because I can`t talk highly enough of him considering how much he improved. I`m quietly expecting him to really make a name for himself next season.

Ball playing CM and pace in wide areas is what we need. There were too many games where our attackers were isolated because nobody in our CM had the ability to get the ball to them early and swiftly.

Mignolet , Skrtel and Benteke.

Offline PorterMestle

• Boys Pen
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 08:47:21 pm »
Welcome to RAWK’s end of season review. There are plenty of these knocking about and posters have been expressing a range of views in a number of threads. The dust has settled after our Europa League adventure. Now is as good a time as any to take stock. Go nuts!

5/10. There are some aspects that are pleasing, whilst others are (and continue to be) wonderfully poor.

The key criteria for me is whether the player purchased becomes a part of the first choice eleven if all players are fit.

It’s difficult to judge Ings and Gomez due to injury. I’m exempting them from my answer.

Firmino and Clyne were easily the best acquisitions last summer. Both make it into our first eleven and I’d be happy to see them in our first eleven next season. For a combined 36million (taking into account the reported initial fee for Firmino of 21million), it seems like reasonably good business for our club (which, in my opinion, excels at wasting money on unsuccessful transfers). 

I think our purchases should always be aimed at those who would upgrade existing players in the first eleven. It seems like a sensible (though potentially expensive) means by which the quality in the squad inherently improves. Buy two great players instead of six mediocre players, right?

Milner isn't the player I’d want in the centre of the pitch, especially as part of a 2-man midfield. The great assist record he had, I’m assuming, was boosted by assists from crosses delivered from wide positions. I don’t recall too many great through balls from the middle of the pitch (aerially or along the ground) and even his ball retention wasn’t great. His goalscoring contribution in open play came from runs I imagine he could make from a starting wide position with the license to move infield (if that makes sense). I think he’s been a moderate success, but I wouldn’t have him in my starting eleven. At best a squad player on 150k/week….only at Liverpool.

Bogdan and Benteke both were poor signings. They wouldn't make it into a match day squad, let alone first eleven, if all players were fit.

The appointment of Klopp was greeted with a fair amount of delirium round these parts. Now this has passed (has it?  ), have you been impressed? Do you think there are things he could work on?

Definitely impressed, the charisma of the man makes it difficult to not like him, and even harder not be have an child-like enthusiasm and open-mouthed awe (I’m hoping there’s another weirdo out there like me who feels the same) when I listen to where he wants to take the club. And there are shoots of improvement, shoots which are rapidly squashed by inconsistencies that’ve plagued us as long as I’ve supported this club.

The most pleasing aspect of his tenure so far has been the improvement in performances of some players, the exposure of youth and leading the club to the latter stages of cup competitions. I don’t doubt this impacted our final league position, and I have no issue with the youthful selections for league matches when the possibility of finishing fourth vanished, for most of us, following 45 woeful second half minutes at St. Mary’s. 

And yes, there are areas which I hoped would’ve been addressed over the course of 51 games. The alarming rate of conceding goals due to defensive errors, the alarming rate of conceding goals from the first shot on target, the alarming rate of goals conceded against number of shots taken. I understand he’s not the man in goal, or part of the defensive unit of 11 players on the field, but I’d hoped to see an improvement with regard to the defensive side of our game.

I will credit him for giving us a degree of goalscoring prowess we’d lacked since the departure of a very good (not solely him, but he was a significant factor) Uruguayan forward. It’s one thing to attack, but to look threatening, to look decisive, to look fluent in an attacking style (which we did at times) was the most pleasing part of his development with the squad.

Chelsea 1 – Liverpool 3

The first time my mates said, “You lot are on the up.”

Followed by Utd at home in the Europa and, obviously, Dortmund at home in the Europa (though that was epically stressful).

Only judging Klopp’s matches, Watford away, West Ham away (league).

Slow starts, sloppy ball retention, succumbing to an intense opposition press, looking as impotent as Pele without his pills. Games where I didn't see a plan or method of how we were trying to score.

And the second half of the Europa final….which I still don’t like talking about.

Player of the season?

For consistency Clyne, the only real shocker I remember was Man Utd away in the Europa.

Most improved player?

Origi or Firmino. If I had to pick one it’s Origi. From the player I saw at Spurs away to the player against Dortmund in the Europa away it was a wonderful improvement.

Can also improved dramatically, but consistency still proves to be his biggest challenge. He owned the park against Villareal at home, playing against a team who when they lost the ball immediately retreated to their box in two banks of four. I think he gets caught in possession far too often when he’s pressured. If he consistently wins the midfield against the differing types of opponent we face, I think he’ll become our most valued player. 

Central Midfield – Specifically a controller / dictator or a ball winner. I think Can can could play either role, but lacks a complimenting player alongside him who we can rely on to perform the complementing role. Can as a ball winner and Allen as a controller are the best, in terms of balance, midfield pair we have, despite Allen’s limited passing range.

Wide Forward – With acceleration and pace, the ability to dribble past players and to score goals. If he’s a good passer that’s a bonus, but not as important as the other attributes.

Left Back – A defensive minded player with good concentration and who makes good decisions. A player who appropriately supports the attack without us getting exposed. I’d like to think Clyne with a better offensive output.

Marco Verrati
Marco Reus
David Alaba

One can dream….

Lucas
Skrtel
Bogdan

(There’s more than three in our current squad)

It highlights the value of consistency. A team that does not possess the best players in the league, a team that does not possess the best manager in the league, a team that doesn’t have the financial power of, at a guess, 75% of the teams in the league.

They found ways to score goals, and a way to consistently defend well without conceding. You marry the two of those together and any team will be successful.

I remember seeing a documentary about Barca, around a decade ago when they signed Ronaldinho, and hearing Johan Cruyff quoted along the lines of, “Scoring 70 goals and conceding 30 goals was his plan to win league titles.”

Can’t say that’s 100% guaranteed, Spurs had the best GD this season, we had a monster +50 GD in 2013/2014, but I imagine you’d be closer to the top of the pile than the middle / bottom if that’s the principle you employ.

Does this make me optimistic? I don’t know, until we score more and concede less I’ll never be massively optimistic.

Off the pitch…

As an OOT + armchair fan + not a scouser (the triple whammy, and I’d take my iPad to the game!) I can’t give an answer I deem appropriate. I’ve supported this club since 1997. A lot of the things I’ve learnt about 1989 have been in the past few years given the publicity of the campaigns. Maybe I’m a bad person, maybe I don’t ‘understand the club’ like other fans may discredit me for, maybe it never struck me how massive this event was until I grew older, until I heard and understood the emotions from the voices of families, friends and loved ones.

To any family member or friend, campaigner or survivor who reads this message you have my sincerest goodwill and I hope you have managed, in no doubt a traumatic time, to find some peace following the sad events of 1989.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 11:08:29 pm »
How happy are you with the season? What would you give it out of ten? 7

Reflecting on our summer business last year, how would you judge it now?  All encouraging with the exception of Benteke.

The appointment of Klopp was greeted with a fair amount of delirium round these parts. Now this has passed (has it? :P ), have you been impressed? Do you think there are things he could work on? I've been impressed with the togetherness of the side and our support. He's done an excellent job with Sturbridge & also with Origi. I think we could be better organised defensively and would expect that to improve with the introduction of Karius & Matip. I also think we could get more from Coutinho & Firming.

Man United at Old Trafford.

Losing 3-0 at home to West Ham, it was the point of no return for Brendan Rodgers

Player of the season? Coutinho

Most improved player? Origi

Goalkeeper, left &. central defence

Skrtel, Benteke, Moreno.

A lot of teams will rue the missed opportunity last season. There are no easy games in this league and you saw with John Stones that you cannot bully sides into selling their best players.
Off the pitch…

We have justice hopefully accountability follows and promptly.

Klopp has instilled a togetherness and belief in our support. We witnessed it in the Europa League and also when we walked out against Sunderland.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 1, 2016, 09:46:16 am »
Bump
Yep.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #10 on: June 1, 2016, 10:58:10 am »

I think a 6/10 is fair,getting to 2 finals was great but we won fuckall-our league position abysmal. A real roller-coaster of emotions.

Crosby Nick hit every nail for me,good analysis!

Klopp..We have what i believe to be the best manager in the league-i say that because there isn't any other i'd trade him for. We have to be patient as he builds,we could well have another roller coaster next term,keep the groans at home. I have no doubts about his ability anywhere right now,its impossible really to judge him with someone elses squad.

Obvious candidate is Dortmund & that was the best game i've seen us play-it had everything. As for enjoyment..the drubbing of the bitters was nice but it was a training practice. The Utd away was 'only'a draw,but the satisfaction/enjoyment i got after that game pissed on every other.

Combine 2 halves of Southampton & Sevilla & there is your 90 mins.

Player of the season?

There are many improved players throughout this term,Clyne for me has been the most consistent & i thought he had a fantastic season. A defender that very rarely gets done-what a steal!

Most improved player?

Lovren hands down,a few others have improved a lot but Lovren's rise under Klopp has been dramatic.

1 - Keeper
2 - Mash/Kante type DM with authority.
3 - Left back

In that order.

There are obvious fringe players that will be noted,i'll hit the 'seniors'.

Moreno-lacks sense/awareness & the ability to think rationally on the field.
Benteke-mobility & workrate i just isnt good enough.
Toure-a tough one but its the right time,maybe there is a coaching role for him?

It shows anything is possible with the right ethos,a regular starting 11 doing the basics when needed-simples!!

Off the pitch…

Perfectly put,its still raw just talking about it.

A decision most thought would never come,so relieved & yes on to accountability.

We climbed the hill,in our own way.

JFT96-YNWA.

- Klopp was spot on,it was very brave so early on to have a go at the fans-he did it because he felt it was right & he was fucking right too! The 'Klopp' celebration the team does was met with some derision from sections..fuck off to those sections too!

-Our fans lead by example & others watch with envy & follow our lead.

Massive impact,we had sections of our crowd who actually got off their arses & supported the team from all around the stadium.
Its all down to Klopp & giving us optimism,BELIEVE!!

Onwards & upwards redmen.

Edit: Goal of the season? Coutinho's magical goal at old trafford-unbelievable goal.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2016, 12:03:48 pm by Bobby Davro! »

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: June 6, 2016, 09:50:50 am »

I'm actually really happy with the season - two cup finals from a season where we changed managed manager is a great testament to the ability of those involved to keep an eye on the prize whilst having to manage change within the club. League form is a good reflection of that change however, I expect better consistency next season in the league with a good Pre-season and time on the training ground with no European distractions - however, note of caution....we have more players going to the Euro's than any other club in Europe, so expect some hangover....could be a slow start. In context I'd give this season 8/10

Really good, we've had a lot of turnover in the past several years, last seasons signings were without doubt overall a greater success, I look forward to seeing how they grow with yet more time on the training ground this year under Klopp, especially keen to keep an eye on Joe, he's a real unit and athlete at the back, decent technique too....think Micah Richards, but can actually trap a ball - very exciting.

He's a motivator and knows how he wants his team's to play, that identity makes it really easy for the players to understand their roles and what is expected of them - if I had a choice of anybody joining us after Brendan - id have chosen Klopp, 'you're nothing without natural enthusiasm' someone once said and boy does Jurgen have it in spades.
The derby....thrashing the bitters.

The cup finals, greatest lesson this team needs to learn is to get over that line and learn what winning is all about.

Player of the season?
Wasn't really a stand out, Can and Loven developed some consistency, Coutinho however is a player when on his game is very easy on the eye.

Most improved player?

Loven - without question. Well done Dejan.

Moreno needs some competition, goal scoring forward in the 3 behind the striker and an orchestrater in midfield to control the pace and flow of our game

Won't answer this as while they are wearing red they get my full support

Really pleased for Leicester but their success doesn't diminish what we 'could' have delivered as in context the two teams were In two very different stages in their life cycle

Off the pitch…

I'm just really pleased for everybody involved - i bet that was first night in a very long time some tired people got a good night's sleep, I wish them every success and support in whatever the next stage of this situation they wish to pursue. Biggest win this year....this decade, this century for our club and the families.

I feel the fanbase is more United than has been for quite some time, and that has more to do with the optimism and unity of joint successes, two finals, Hillsborough verdict, the manager suggested and the board relenting to ticket prices....the fans seem to be moving in the same direction together, we achieve nothing without that - long may it continue.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #12 on: June 7, 2016, 01:18:37 pm »

Apart from the season when we finished second, we've been floating around 6th and 8th place for quite a few years now. I think at times our fan base has unrealistic expectations, probably due to our history as one of the most successful teams in the world. But in the last ten years we haven't really done much trophy-wise. With that in mind, reaching two cup finals means I'd give it 8/10.

Quite successful really. Clyne, Origi, Milner and Firmino are pretty much first team players now. The fact that Divock was given the nod ahead of Sturridge and Benteke is an indication of his value to Klopp.

Ings and Gomez getting injured means the jury is out until next year, but in the short time they were on the pitch I'm confident they'll be a success for us.

Benteke: Very good player, wrong club. Shame really, I really wanted him to succeed here. Love watching him take penalties, nonchalantly classy.

Bogdan:  :-[

If you can't be impressed by Klopp then you might as well give up. We hadn't been to a cup final since Kenny's time as manager. That's just way too long for this club. He took us to two with a group of players that had largely under-performed for over a season. His interviews are a joy to watch and his enthusiasm for life and not just football are extremely infectious.

The 4-1 win at City, purely because it was so unexpected. The style of football we played that night had me purring, if we can do that consistently next season then we might cause a major surprise.

Second half against Sevilla was an utter embarrassment. I really felt the players had learned a valuable lesson after losing the LC final, they seemed determined to get to another final so they could put it right. To go in at half-time 1-0 up and then to throw it away...

Player of the season?

I'd have to say Coutinho. He's had an up and down season, sublime moments and then disappearing in others, but none of the other players have really left their mark. That's largely down to injury lay-offs or players flourishing in the latter half of the season, etc. Milner would be a close second. He had some incredible performances where he was the driving force behind the team, leading by example through the sheer hard work he put in over 90 minutes.

Most improved player?

It's a toss up between Lovren and Lallana. They've both become ever presents in Klopp's first team plans. Lovren looks the assured CB we knew was there and Lallana, who a lot of people thought might struggle in a Klopp team because it was felt he couldn't last the full ninety minutes, has excelled and has developed a really good understanding with Coutinho and Firmino.

GK has already been sorted. We now have three quality CBs so we just need a LB and another creative CM to take the onus off Coutinho.

Balotelli, Benteke and Lucas. I'd like to keep Allen as I think he offers us something we don't have in the squad, and that is the ability to turn with the ball and attack.

Wasn't really too arsed to be honest. We've only been close to number 19 once since 2009, so fair play to them.

Off the pitch…
It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions. Not least our most important victory of the season in Warrington. The families, survivors and campaigners can, hopefully, at last find some peace in knowing that the injustice of the previous 27 years was corrected. There are many seasoned campaigners who deserve so much credit and respect for their patience, perseverance, undying love for their families and unwavering strength in the face of many years of adversity from the establishment, the press and many of the wider public. It wasn’t always like it is now. Accountability comes next. As ever, we stand with them.

It's the result everyone has been waiting for. I simply cannot express in words my feelings for those who never gave up and fought tooth and nail to get the truth out there.

The ticket protest certainly split the RAWK fan base. Because we live in a visual age now where the written word is becoming secondary, seeing thousands of empty seats sent an immense message to our owners. If they had become complacent in their dealings with our support then they were rudely awakened at that moment. There are some things we won't take lying down.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #13 on: June 7, 2016, 03:40:08 pm »
6.5/10. Two cup finals and a handful of impressive wins against our rivals and some of Europe's best clubs make it a good season. We dropped way too many points at home, however, to call it a great season.   

Very good. Firmino, Clyne, and Milner all made major contributions to our cup runs and big wins this season. Benteke is probably a bust. Anfield can ruin strikers if they aren't mentally prepared for the pressure, and I think there are still big questions about Benteke's ability to handle to the pressure. He has the skill, but he played pretty wimpy for us by the end. Ings and Gomez looked good, for the little bit I saw of them.

Yes, I'm impressed. He got a lot out of a team with good players but horrible balance without a preseason and little time for training. I don't think there's much he needs to work on at this point. He takes risks, and trusts his players more than I do sometimes, but that's a strength as much as a weakness. He and his staff are tactically sound, and don't over-complicate things, especially with a squad that isn't really theirs yet. Klopp's ability to motivate is extraordinary. In many ways, it's what turned our season around. 

Beating Dortmund at home. It put us back on the map in Europe. Sure we lost the final, but that victory was a big statement.

Honestly, any of them where we lost from a winning position. We're still a bit in the head, even with Klopp. This group of players still lack a ruthlessness that they will need to consistently compete in the league and in Europe. 

Player of the season?
Joe Allen. Plenty of other candidates, of course, but Joe made incredible contributions from the bench. I can't tell you how many times I felt uplifted when Klopp brought Allen on. He was a bench unto himself sometimes, and we haven't had that in an age.

Most improved player?
Lovren. Damn, he can play CB when he isn't a mental mess.

GK, which has been taken care of; CB, which has been taken care of; CM, which has yet to be taken care of.   

Benteke, Skrtel, and Henderson. If Klopp wants to play a 4-2-3-1 for 85% or more of matches, Henderson doesn't fit. He just isn't suited to playing in a double pivot. Milner played so much of the season as captain, and a pretty good one too, that I think now is the time to move Henderson if we're going to move him. I have nothing against Henderson as a player in general, he is just collateral damage from changing managers.

Neutral, I guess. I think it's more likely that we'll win #19 with us being out of Europe. Certainly that seems to be very important anymore. With the increasing frequency of summer tournaments, and the expansion of the Euros, keeping players fit while competing on four fronts is now impossible from year to year. Even on two fronts, it appears to be terribly difficult. 

Off the pitch…

Best part of the whole season without a doubt.

Yes, the fan base has been pretty fractured since G&H left. We seem more united now, like it was during Rafa's early years. I think the events of this season just reminded us that we share common values, even if we bicker about the small stuff.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: June 7, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »

6.5/10 Statistically its one of our worst in terms of no trophies and our league finish but the arrival of Klopp has lead to an improvement in the performance of our players and renewed optimism for upcoming season. So in the grand scheme of things it could've been a lot worse.

In hindsight, giving Rodgers a sizeable transfer budget wasn't the best decision as it was likely he would be sacked before Christmas. The signing of Benteke was questionable at the time as he didn't really suit our style of play and that has been highlighted this season. However for the most part Klopp has had no problem integrating these signings into his teams. Milner was one of our players of the season. Clyne looks like he will be able to hold that RB spot for many years. Gomez and Ings showed promise before their injuries and Firmino showed us his quality towards the end of the season. So overall the window was fairly decent.

I've been extremely impressed with the impact Klopp has had on this club in the short time he's been here. For the most part Klopp is addressing the issues with the team and now that he's bringing his own players in. I'm confident we will see a vast improvement in the team next season.

Liverpool vs Dortmund at Anfield.

Watford 3 Liverpool 0. Be played off the park by a team as poor as them was an awful sight to see.

Player of the season?

Roberto Firmino. I think he did very well in his first season here after a shaky start.

Most improved player?

Joe Allen

We need a winger, a left back to challenge Moreno and a new keeper to challenge Mignolet.

Bogdan isn't good enough to play for us. He can't be relied on in the event of an injury to our first choice keeper. Skrtel, he looks past his best and was easily our worst CB. His spot was lost to Kolo Toure a player probably on the verge of his retirement.  Benteke, we don't play to his strengths. He can be a quality striker in the right system.

Off the pitch…
It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions. Not least our most important victory of the season in Warrington. The families, survivors and campaigners can, hopefully, at last find some peace in knowing that the injustice of the previous 27 years was corrected. There are many seasoned campaigners who deserve so much credit and respect for their patience, perseverance, undying love for their families and unwavering strength in the face of many years of adversity from the establishment, the press and many of the wider public. It wasn’t always like it is now. Accountability comes next. As ever, we stand with them.

Well put. Hopefully this can help bring closure to the victims families.

Klopp's ability to connect with the fans is one of his many great qualities and having a manager who gets the culture of the club is an important factor in having a successful tenure here.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Sabu Pundit

• Genius obviously.
  • Main Stander
  • Youth Never Wore Cologne
« Reply #15 on: June 9, 2016, 12:37:14 pm »

my scouse Pitta Season he got a gravity ass an’ that but way down the packing odour e.g SABU rate ITN Pez artiste diseased Mr RetchAnnul Bose-Unkempt, Mr Junk Rayban, Mr/Ms Reader Chucklebutty  etc but SABU not givin’ it no marks not even givin’it juan as in a kermitted real ale shun ship.

IT is always imp roof bickers Mr Bilge Aids and his MightgoSoft is  rally kite a sexful Kompany and they got plenty dollar witch he can do reef surge and div elopement.   

The appointment of Klopp was greeted with a fair amount of delirium round these parts. Now this has passed (has it?  ), have you been impressed? Do you think there are things he could work on?

Hair Krupps can Wark on warter an’ is the beast manger that Libpole FC can hop for. The Krupp’s tan color fangs is “impressive, moist impressive” to coat Mr SkiveWorker senor Aldo SABU like to see it use the FALSE on touch-up line e.g rowdyhouse kicks and rabid punch.

MidgetLand 2 MingeUnknighted 1

Get beated by Mrs Pundit on Top Tramps (Indian Jones version). AND it was hers day Bute.

Player of the season?

Thai-Girl Woods: beckers the leper don’t change its spuds overnight so SABU reckon he banking cockatiel Waitroses Atlee too adder thyme, like the ill-fetid Frodo in Lust Vigours. 

Honour rubble mention to Ms Evel Knieval who bring down Mr Jones Submarino.

Findin’, Ince hurtin’ an’ twistin.

How bladdy is home off Red Wharf, this Lister Seedy, winnin’ Barclays Primer Leak? Libpole she hat Mr Loose Wires and Damn Jewel Stainage in unbroken modes an’ also no game in YouRap but still forking it up like Mr Greedy after Rimmerdamn so SABU make plea: Mr Bend ‘Em Rocha shod be sac again by the Bored. Shame sham shame. Thank you very much.
Dojo dreams be Tostao blown
Wark on, Wark on
Withe Thorpe injure Park

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #16 on: June 9, 2016, 12:43:10 pm »
 ;D
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."