Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140705 times)

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2010, 04:35:56 pm »
;D

Likewise for you mate as I already stated on this very page that my name isn't Darren.
Is now.  ;D
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2010, 04:36:12 pm »
;D

Likewise for you mate as I already stated on this very page that my name isn't Darren.

Whoooooooosh.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2010, 04:38:57 pm »
Is now.  ;D

That one might stick id say.

Darragon.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2010, 04:40:40 pm »
It's only ok to constantly bring up the 'Rafa vs Roy' argument if you're having a dig at Roy.

I know what you mean...

"I guarentee we will finish in the top four" Rafa Benitez

Feel better now do you?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2010, 04:41:04 pm »
That one might stick id say.

Darragon.

:lmao

If you insist.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2010, 04:41:48 pm »
Feel better now do you?

Done a little research have you? Get a life mate.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline fowler9_god

• Kopite
  • And could he play!
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2010, 04:43:09 pm »
He is so bad, that I think after all the great managers after Shankly, we were due someone like Roy. Law of averages.
Justice for the 96

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2010, 04:44:07 pm »

I'd say the same about you.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2010, 04:46:11 pm »

Ahhhh the old throw in an insult rather than address the point made ploy............very good try that.
Which you still won't do.

I have a very full and wonderful life mate........but thanks for your concern all the same.

No research needed though,I have a very good memory.
Especially for hypocritical posts.

There are a few more I could have put in too though.
Still it's Christmas isn't it.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2010, 04:52:08 pm »
I'd say the same about you.

Great.

Especially for hypocritical posts.

It wasn't hypocritical at all. You more or less proved my point actually. "Only allowed to compare Roy and Rafa if you're having a dig at Roy" (in case you didn't notice, I was annoyed by that fact). Then a thread is started taking the piss out of Roy, so out of annoyance I took the piss out of Rafa. Feel free to defend Rafa if you feel the comment about him was out of order, but there was absolutely nothing hypocritical about it.

Whatever anyway. Merry Christmas.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2010, 04:55:14 pm »
Great.

I don't ever recall Roy dissing the club or the supporters but I can't be arsed getting into a debate about it so we'll leave it at that eh.

He has and if you'd read the thread, you'd see for yourself. Either you haven't or you're ignoring it.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2010, 04:56:14 pm »
Great.

It wasn't hypocritical at all. You more or less proved my point actually. "Only allowed to compare Roy and Rafa if you're having a dig at Roy" (in case you didn't notice, I was annoyed by that fact). Then a thread is started taking the piss out of Roy, so out of annoyance I took the piss out of Rafa. Feel free to defend Rafa if you feel the comment about him was out of order, but there was absolutely nothing hypocritical about it.

To be fair there is a Rafa thread for his quotes.

It's not our fault that Roy happens to talk crap alot. Is it?
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2010, 04:58:07 pm »
What a marvellous honeymoon period this has been.

should have been annulled because he hasn't consummated it yet
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2010, 04:58:50 pm »
Great.

Would you agree that Mr Hodgson has not covered himself in glory
regarding these quotes,and there are many of them?

Would you agree that MrHodgson isn't fit to be the manager of
Liverpool football club?

Can you understand that, when you combine his utterances and his
management credentials, people who support Liverpool football club
are a bit peeved at him right now?
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2010, 05:00:50 pm »
should have been annulled because he hasn't consummated it yet

Far from it.

I think he F**ked us good and proper.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2010, 05:01:36 pm »
I know what you mean...

"I guarentee we will finish in the top four" Rafa Benitez

So Rafa said that we should try and attempt to achieve top four placings in the league. He thought we should and could do better than where we are.

Roy says that we will be lucky to finish in the top half of the table and that's because of the squad which is 'Too big', 'Too small' And 'Not his'. Then he says that he doesn't need to buy anyone, but he needs to buy some players and that he's 'happy' with the squad' but 'not happy' with the squad.

Wise words, Roy. Wise Words.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2010, 05:02:37 pm »
5 pages of 'Rafa v Roy' again. Marvelous how RAWK manages to mix up the discussions daily and present something new ....  :butt

That said...

If this quote "But it is still a team that I have not put together. I want to make that clear. I took the team over and I have not made that many changes. I brought in [Paul] Konchesky to play left back, Raul Meireles to replace [Javier] Mascherano and Joe Cole came in at the same time as me as well as Christian Poulsen. The other players I have inherited" doesn't fill you with dread I don't know what will.

It's pure bollocks, whether it comes from Hodgson or not. Basically, he names 4 players he signed who, with the exception of Meireles, have been shit so far, then uses THAT as an excuse to not judge the team he is managing. As for the inherited the rest stuff? If he's saying that as a get out clause for what he's managed so far, again, what complete bollocks. He 'inherited' a team FULL of good players, not some fucking relegation threatened load of shite, and that team had one 7th placed finish and now he's using the fact he inherited the side as a way to explain why he isn't doing very well?

That quote alone deserves all the shit that gets flung his way, because no matter who said it, it's total bollocks. The very fact he's managed to alienate at least 3 of the top stars that were already here within 5 months says it all.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2010, 05:02:51 pm »
As oposed to slating the current manager too like most others in here?

You missed my point.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2010, 05:03:20 pm »

14 November: "I didn't realise I had been accused of criticising him"
It amazes me that when you make a statement of such obvious veracity people want to make headlines out of it. Everyone is saying what I am saying. I hope I am honest and I hope the players are honest. I didn't realise I had been accused of criticising him; I don't normally criticise my players and I'm sorry if that has been suggested.

He slagged off a whole team of them when we played Northampton

14 December: "Unless there is a major influx of cash into the club..." (After losing to Newcastle)
Unless there is a major influx of cash into the club and the team is going to be changed from one moment to the next, then whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players.

Haven't seen this quote before. Roy is massively deluded, he thinks he's a top manager!!

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2010, 05:03:56 pm »
Would you agree that MrHodgson isn't fit to be the manager of
Liverpool football club?

Can you understand that, when you combine his utterances and his
management credentials, people who support Liverpool football club
are a bit peeved at him right now?

I didn't want him at the club in the first place, I thought he was the wrong man to replace Rafa but now he's here (whilst everyone is entitled to criticise) I'm sick of the constant abuse he gets. Some people had it in for him before a ball was kicked.

Mate I'm a bit peeved at him as-well, but as it would obviously seem I'm disappointed to see a thread started about him with the sole intention of taking the piss. It's not like he wants to perform his job poorly.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2010, 05:04:06 pm »
Great.

Whatever?...... Jesus!

Why would I even bring Benitez into this thread?

You did that because you were annoyed about what you saw as a piss take about Hodgson. There was no need to bring Benitez into this ,none whatsoever. You chose to...yet that's alright to do seeing as it's you?

So to vent your anger you wanted to act like a big kid and somehow get back at people who you assume supported Benitez because they were posting in here about the utter bollocks that has been spoken about by Hodgson.

It may surprise you but not everyone who dislikes Hodgson wanted Benitez to stay.

But............whatever!!

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2010, 05:04:28 pm »
Every Liverpool fan at the start of Roys tenure was very sceptical but were willing him too give him a chance (me included) due to his reasonable success at Fulham. To be fair too Roy he made them into a stubborn team that were hard too beat, so to manage a team with a handfull of world class players would have been a positive thing.

On the opening day against Arsenal we showed flashes of good football and even after Joe Cole's red card we took the game too Arsenal and we were unlucky not too win. Great start i thought.

The days and weeks after that match have more or less turned into a nightmare with Roy disrespecting players of whom he didnt buy, quotes thru' the media that i thought were embarrassing not only for us fans but more so for Roy making them. He has dragged a team that finished 7th last season even lower. We dont look confident too beat any team in the league let alone europe.

This man is the product of the old regime and it is they who are having the last laugh. NESV need to grow a pair and release Roy from his contract and employ a man with a more credible CV and success than what we have at present.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2010, 05:05:03 pm »
I didn't want him at the club in the first place, I thought he was the wrong man to replace Rafa but now he's here (whilst everyone is entitled to criticise) I'm sick of the constant abuse he gets. Some people had it in for him before a ball was kicked.

Mate I'm a bit peeved at him as-well, but as it would obviously seem I'm disappointed to see a thread started about him with the sole intention of taking the piss. It's not like he wants to perform his job poorly.

A bit peeved? He's ruining the club and is showing no respect to the traditions or culture of the club or its fans.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2010, 05:05:17 pm »
Far from it.

I think he F**ked us good and proper.

au contraire, he could not rise to the job at hand on many occasions!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2010, 05:10:21 pm »
But............whatever!!

Well, at least I'm not a hypocrite anymore.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2010, 05:11:06 pm »
Every Liverpool fan at the start of Roys tenure was very sceptical but were willing him too give him a chance (me included) due to his reasonable success at Fulham. To be fair too Roy he made them into a stubborn team that were hard too beat, so to manage a team with a handfull of world class players would have been a positive thing.

On the opening day against Arsenal we showed flashes of good football and even after Joe Cole's red card we took the game too Arsenal and we were unlucky not too win. Great start i thought.

The days and weeks after that match have more or less turned into a nightmare with Roy disrespecting players of whom he didnt buy, quotes thru' the media that i thought were embarrassing not only for us fans but more so for Roy making them. He has dragged a team that finished 7th last season even lower. We dont look confident too beat any team in the league let alone europe.

This man is the product of the old regime and it is they who are having the last laugh. NESV need to grow a pair and release Roy from his contract and employ a man with a more credible CV and success than what we have at present.

his record as manager over the long-term is so weak that he had everything to prove imo (but he may have been a deliberate choice just for that reason - a patsy for the H+G regime).

during the lean times you know  that Arsene Wenger or Rafa Benitez or Didier Deschamps or whoever will turn around and say "look what i have achieved in the past, i've been to european cup finals, i've won titles in big european leagues".

that kind of record buys you time.

Hodgson has none of that and is unlikely to suddenly acquire greatness at his age.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2010, 05:11:17 pm »
The reason why Rafa, or any other of our previous managers hardly get the piss taken out of them is because they were all genuinely trying to do the best for the club. Anyone could see that. With Roy, after just a few months it became apparent that the only thing Roy cares about is himself. He continuously blames the players and the previous regime, or bemoans the fans or even the media who he curiously also uses as some kind of trophy to display his management credentials. From the quotes on the first page, it's clear that everything he does is to maintain his reputation. So while things aren't going well on the pitch, instead of just getting on with it and trying to improve, he's desparately trying to salvage his standing in the game instead of trying to get the team and club back to where it has been. And all that whilst disrespecting the club and the fans. That's why, for me at least, I don't count him as our manager anymore and it's why so many are annoyed with him. If he hadn't said all those things, then I'm sure people wouldn't be as angry with him as they are right now, despite the preformances on the pitch.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:13:41 pm by Hazell »

Offline cookie72

• Boys Pen
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2010, 05:11:55 pm »

quality post and one i agree with 100%

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2010, 05:12:21 pm »
5 pages of 'Rafa v Roy' again. Marvelous how RAWK manages to mix up the discussions daily and present something new ....  :butt

Mate, read how it was brought up.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2010, 05:14:43 pm »
Mate, read how it was brought up.

I did post more than that one sentence Hazell.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2010, 05:15:42 pm »
The reason why Rafa, or any other of our previous managers hardly get the piss taken out of them is because they were all genuinely trying to do the best for the club. Anyone could see that. With Roy, after just a few months it became apparent that the only thing Roy cares about is himself. He continuously blames the players and the previous regime, or bemoans the fans or even the media who he curously also uses as some kind of trophy to dsiplay his management credentials. From the quotes on the first page, it's clear that everything he does is to maintain his reputation. So while things aren't going well on the pitch, instead of just getting on with it and trying to improve, he's desparately trying to salvage his standing in the game instead of trying to get the team and club back to where it has been. That's why, for me at least, I don't count him as our manager anymore and it's why so many are annoyed with him. If he hadn't said all those things, then I'm sure people wouldn't be as angry with him as they are right now, despite the preformances on the pitch.

Disagree, IMO he's doing the best job he can. Whilst he may not be fit for the job as a lot of us think, I wouldn't say that he 'only cares for himself'. He's taking stick left right and centre and (as any of us would) he has defended himself on more than one occasion. Again if you disagree with the manner in which he has defended himself then so be it, but I really disagree strongly with the opinion that he isn't doing his best for the club, because he is.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2010, 05:18:53 pm »
I did post more than that one sentence Hazell.

I know, but the whole Rafa vs Roy bit was what I was referring to.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2010, 05:19:34 pm »
it's a london thing.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2010, 05:28:12 pm »
his latest one today

"I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad but it takes a coach more than five or six months to make his stamp on a club. I am hoping we will do some good business in transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, 'If you don't like it then I have no one to blame but myself'."

If WHO doesnt like it?

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2010, 05:29:47 pm »
his latest one today

"I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad but it takes a coach more than five or six months to make his stamp on a club. I am hoping we will do some good business in transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, 'If you don't like it then I have no one to blame but myself'."

If WHO doesnt like it?

The supporters? Everyone has been saying they'd have respect for him if he was honest; this is pretty honest for me.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2010, 05:30:33 pm »
Disagree, IMO he's doing the best job he can. Whilst he may not be fit for the job as a lot of us think, I wouldn't say that he 'only cares for himself'. He's taking stick left right and centre and (as any of us would) he has defended himself on more than one occasion. Again if you disagree with the manner in which he has defended himself then so be it, but I really disagree strongly with the opinion that he isn't doing his best for the club, because he is.

10 September: "We'll have ample quality to see us through" (see also 30 October)
I preferred to put my weight behind David Ngog and Ryan Babel, who's never really been given a proper chance at centre-forward at the club. We have Fernando Torres, we have good players who can play behind a lone striker. I'm hoping that between now and Christmas we'll have ample quality to see us through that period. And in the meantime we have chance to do thorough scouting so that if the money is available, we could look into the situation again. I will be using David Ngog and Ryan Babel in certain games to give Fernando Torres a rest and it's up to them to prove to me that there's no need to look further than them.

23 September: "These players have to accept responsibility" (After the defeat to Northampton)
These players have to accept responsibility. I accept responsibility for changing a lot of players in the team, I did it because I honestly thought the players I put on the field were good enough to win the game and they weren't. The obvious conclusion to that was I shouldn't have changed that many players but we should have been strong enough to get a result. We must all take our responsibility. I am just bitterly disappointed that the team I had so much faith in did not repay that faith this evening with the exception of one or two performances.

24 September: "The protest does not help"
The protest does not help but it is something I have had to live with since I came to the club. I, like everyone else at Liverpool, would be very happy if the ownership situation was clarified and in particular if we got a very good owner that could help us move forward. It is a major issue for a group of people who are very much anti the owners and anti the current people who are trying to solve the situation. I knew the situation existed before I arrived and it doesn't help. But it is often the case that when things are conspiring against you there is always an extra thing to come in and make it that little bit worse.

3 October: "From Halmstad to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax..."
What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstad to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team. So I find the question insulting. To suggest that, because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work, is very hard to believe.

3 October: "I don't understand questions about Liverpool and Fulham players being different types"
I don't understand questions about Liverpool and Fulham players being different types. At the moment arguably one or two of the players that are suggested as being very different to the Fulham players maybe aren't playing any better than the Fulham players played. So maybe people should be having a look at that.

30 October: "They can't all be wrong and we aren't that stupid either"
A club like Liverpool shouldn't have to rely on non-specialists like Dirk Kuyt or Ryan Babel ‘doing a job’ up front when they are primarily wide players. ...The first thing people say when I walk down the street is ‘We need a front player’. They can't all be wrong and we aren't that stupid either.

31 October: "He was here in name but not allowed to set foot in Melwood"
When they wanted me for the job, I made it clear to Kenny that he would be with me - not like with Benitez, when he was here in name but not allowed to set foot in Melwood and it was 'we don't want anything to do with you.

13 November: "He's not performed -- very often at least -- to the level I'd expect of him"
(Johnson) is the England right-back and, if he plays like that, one would expect him to come back in when he's fit. But then he'd have to play like the England right-back and up to now, to be quite frank, he's not performed - very often at least - to the level I'd expect of him. You would have to ask him 'do you think you're playing at top form and are you playing like the best right-back in the country for your club?' If he says yes, obviously we will have to agree to differ and if he says no, then you'd have to ask the question 'why not?

14 November: "I didn't realise I had been accused of criticising him"
It amazes me that when you make a statement of such obvious veracity people want to make headlines out of it. Everyone is saying what I am saying. I hope I am honest and I hope the players are honest. I didn't realise I had been accused of criticising him; I don't normally criticise my players and I'm sorry if that has been suggested.

26 November: "We won't need to do too much in the January transfer window" (After beating West Ham)
I have a very clear picture now of what we should and need to be doing and the squad is stronger and getting stronger. It was probably stronger than I realised at certain stages in the early part of the season when we were losing games. Hopefully that will mean we won't need to do too much in the January transfer window

10 December: "He has been the first to recognise what a good job it was that we didn’t do these things" (On not letting Babel, Lucas et al leave)
Christian (Purslow) was here for two years and is a big fan with strong opinions about players. He fed me the information. I listened, of course, but made it clear I was not going to act on it. To be fair, when we’ve spoken or texted he has been the first to recognise what a good job it was that we didn’t do these things, because the boys have turned out well.

14 December: "Unless there is a major influx of cash into the club..." (After losing to Newcastle)
Unless there is a major influx of cash into the club and the team is going to be changed from one moment to the next, then whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players.

14 December: "I can't work harder and I can't work better"
The owners have made it perfectly clear they are in it for the long term. They realise it is going to take time. They realise we can't turn things round overnight and they also realise the team I am working with is not the team I put together. It [the speculation] doesn't bother me because I can't do more than I am doing. I can't work harder and I can't work better.

" Unbelievable,” said the Liverpool manager, when asked whether his approach could be applied on Merseyside as effectively as it was in west London. “How many clubs have I had in 35 years? What do you mean, do my methods translate? They translated from Halmstads to Malmo to Orebro to Neuchâtel Xamax to the Swiss national team.

“The question is quite frankly insulting, I suppose. That question is suggesting something. To suggest that suddenly because you move from one club to another, the methods that have stood you in good stead for 35 years and made you one of the most respected coaches in the Europe suddenly do not work. I find it very, very hard to believe that someone has even asked me that question.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8038680/Roy-Hodgson-launches-strident-defence-of-his-start-to-life-as-Liverpool-manager.html

" Agger missed two weeks with the injury he picked up in the Sunderland game but he made a miraculous recovery in order to go and play for Denmark "

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1211202-daniel-agger-and-roy-hodgson-on-liverpool-fc-collision-course.html

" The protest does not help but it is something I have had to live with since I came to the club "

" it is often the case that when things are conspiring against you there is always an extra thing to come in and make it that little bit worse "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/24/roy-hodgson-liverpool-owners

"At the end of May I was having a fantastic moment and here at the beginning of October I'm having bad moments. But I don't think I have suddenly changed or lost any ability which has served me so well in 35 years of coaching."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hodgson-ive-not-lost-ability-to-coach-overnight-2098637.html

“We were unbelievably overstaffed when I came to the club and, if the truth be known, we still are overstaffed,”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-10/liverpool-s-hodgson-says-club-overstaffed-mirror-says-soccer-roundup.html

" I understand Rijkaard has just been sacked from Galatasaray - he must be a great manager to have been sacked by Galatasaray "

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6465139,00.html

" I don't want to be taking people's leftovers. We've got those types of players ourselves "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/30/liverpool-fernando-torres-jose-reina

" I was disappointed - and I've told him this - that he - Dalglish - applied for the job in the summer because I don't think that was ever really going to happen for him."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=837730&sec=england&cc=4716&campaign=rss&source=soccernet

'There are two games this year which have done us untold damage,' he said. 'The first was when a total reserve team - although it does not seem to have been noticed we had 14 first-team players who didn't play - lost to Northampton in the Carling Cup.

'The other was the disastrous (2-1) defeat to Blackpool at the end of a three-match week when we played in Europe.

'Those two defeats were costly for us because they encouraged people to make bold conclusions but we've lost one defeat in eight (in all competitions).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1331745/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-blasts-critics-You-wrote-far-early-season.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

"The only team with better results than us over the past five or six games is Arsenal or Manchester United. If you take the last five or six games we are right up there in terms of results.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-our-owners-are-right

" unless there is a major influx of players, whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players.

“I cannot do more than I am doing, I cannot work harder, I cannot work better

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8201782/Liverpool-v-FC-Utrecht-Roy-Hodgson-says-more-cash-is-best-way-to-help-struggling-Anfield-club.html

Chippy and defensive after the game, he ended his press conference in a sharp exchange with a journalist from Scandinavia who questioned the lack of supply to Torres.

'Are you from Denmark?' Hodgson asked (he considers the Danish press too negative).

'No, Norway,' replied the visitor. 'Ah, two countries I never want to work in again,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321356/Who-says-Liverpool-relegated.html

[/u]“Everyone I know in football respects the job I’m doing here and aren’t too surprised it hasn’t been an easy start. In fact, 95 per cent would have predicted it as [Jose] Mourinho did. ‘Liverpool will get worse and worse’ is what he said and if the great man Mourinho says it, I don’t know why you don’t quote him!”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8164992/Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Liverpool-no-old-pals-act-as-Harry-Redknapp-and-Roy-Hodgson-become-foes-for-a-day.html

Take a look at the above quotes. Blaming the players, the previous manager, the fans. Blaming the shite squad we've got. Protecting his '35 years of coaching experience'. Using Mourinho as backup for our poor start. There's more but you get the idea. Or at least I hope you do. If you don't, then I guess you can't see it.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2010, 05:30:47 pm »
Well, at least I'm not a hypocrite anymore.

Oh really?
The finer points of sarcasm are not lost on you then are they?

Avoiding the points put to you again though I see?
Did you think it would work this time after it failed so badly the first?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2010, 05:32:21 pm »
Oh really?

Ha ha he did that with me too. At least I don't feel left out.

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2010, 05:33:04 pm »
The supporters? Everyone has been saying they'd have respect for him if he was honest; this is pretty honest for me.

I thought he wanted to be judged after 10 games? now its not his team?
And I think, in keeping with his other real negative comments, that he is really saying that he knows he will never be accepted or be successful at Anfild - hes preparing his excuses ie. I was not allowed to build my own team

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2010, 05:34:01 pm »
Oh really?

No mate you were spot on. I just assumed there was a subtle admission in there that I actually wasn't a hypocrite by the fact that you didn't mention it. No big deal.