Author Topic: Ferguson: Benitez has spent more money  (Read 27179 times)

Offline Zverko

• Kopite
  • keep it simple stupid
Ferguson: Benitez has spent more money
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:55:26 pm »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=629936&sec=england&cc=3888

Mr. Ferguson has re-opened hostilities with Rafa Benitez by disputing the Liverpool manager's claim that he has spent more on transfers than the Spaniard.
Click here

Benitez suggested last week that Ferguson had spent £100million more he had, but the Manchester United boss retaliated by ordering his staff to tot up each manager's spending since the Liverpool boss took over at Anfield five years ago.

By United's calculations, Benitez has spent £24million more and Ferguson is expecting him to splash the cash again this summer.

Ferguson said: "I was amazed at that one. I got some of the people in the sports technology department to check that out.

"He's well ahead of us in spending in the last five years.

"He said our spending power is more than theirs but he has spent £24million more than we have.

"I think you will see Rafa producing an absolute spending spree, I think that's an absolute certainty now he has signed a new contract.

"There's talk about a recession but I don't think there will be one at Liverpool this year.''

In terms of net spending -- taking into account income from sales -- the clubs are much the same. Liverpool's net spending over five years on players is £82.5million and United's has been £85.5million. Meanwhile, Chelsea spent £154.8million net on players during that time and Arsenal just £3.4million.

Ferguson claimed his philosophy included developing young players as well as signing stars, while Benitez was more focused on bringing in established players.

He added: "There's a balance -- we have signed 18 players in the last five years and eight of those have been young players. There's a balance, it's about doing the thing correctly.

"We like to try to develop young players and we will always do that. That's the nature of the club.

"Other clubs are maybe different and obviously Rafa has a different philosophy of the game from mine.

"But that's the great thing about football -- everyone has a different way of doing things.

"The most amazing fact was that they have used 60 players in reserves matches and have 50 players in their reserves squad."

Ferguson believes United's owners will continue to support any requests for transfer funds that he makes, and that the club must always remained focus on dealing with challenges.

"It's always been that if I wanted a player the club would try to find the money and I think that's still the case. They have always delivered in the past,'' said Ferguson.

"Whatever the challenge, whether it comes from Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal, you have to address it.

"It's the same as Chelsea [with Roman Abramovich]. At the time we were saying what's going to happen here, and they were terrific and they got a really good squad of experienced players they could rely on.

"We had to address that and work to get back as the number one.''

I don't see this posted anywhere, I guess Tomkins will have to write again about spending  :o Its really a bunch of crap, and I definitely sure we are under his skin.  And the talk about youngsters that they are developing???
I mean they bought Nani and Anderson for something like 35 million.

But we are in, and back big time  ;D

The King: "The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here"

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
Re: Ferguson: Benitez has spent more money
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 12:02:12 am »
mr ferguson is bricking it
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 12:02:48 am »
Mr Ferguson doesn't deal in facts

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:03:02 am »
LOL whose cracking up now!!! under his skin ain't we

talking about youth how about Insua, Babel, Lucas, N'gog guess they are all established stars then. theres also San Jose, Pacheco, Nemeth, LDV etc all in the reserves and youth team

Plus there squad has cost about £80 more than ours
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 12:05:01 am »
Rant?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 12:05:03 am »
Rattled

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 12:05:44 am »
Times Online same quotes but includes this at the end:

Facts in figures

£221.95m: Manchester United’s gross spend on transfers (£147.90 million net) since June 2004, when Rafael Benítez was appointed Liverpool manager, up to and including January 2009 transfer window

£212.60m: Liverpool’s spending (£111.39 million net) during same period

+ remember the Manc amount doesn't include a transfer fee for Tevez.

Most importantly it doesn't include the rest of the squad purchased before Rafa's arrival and the fact that Alex has been building this squad for many more years...

Conclusion: Fergie's cracking up (also known as talking bollocks to try and get a rise)
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 12:05:52 am »
Isn't he dead yet?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 12:06:58 am »

Filthy old alcoholic lying trampy bastard.

Rafa emptied your stadium in the 76th minute you horrible hard-shoulder shitter.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 12:08:11 am »
Good sign that he feels the need to bring this up. Definitely rattled.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline 5FTH

• <--
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 12:08:34 am »
Nice one Rafa, the Charlie tango foxtrot is running for it! He's scared shitless hes actually spending money on accountants to try and dig his way out!

keep it up!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:19 am »
Ferguson: I'm still a c*nt six days after getting my arse handed to me.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:36 am »
Facts in figures

£221.95m: Manchester United’s gross spend on transfers (£147.90 million net) since June 2004, when Rafael Benítez was appointed Liverpool manager, up to and including January 2009 transfer window

£212.60m: Liverpool’s spending (£111.39 million net) during same period

Rofl, who's doing stats for Fergie? Going to make him look like  prick (not like thats hard)
:D

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:36 am »
Isn't he dead yet?

lol. not not long to go now sir

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:47 am »
on the bbc too now, silly drunken cnut
It is terribly simple."

Offline 5FTH

• <--
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 12:09:55 am »

Rafa emptied your stadium in the 76th minute you horrible hard-shoulder shitter.

that sir, is crystal tipped, diamond edged gold.

Offline wmm_ynwa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 12:10:36 am »

In fairness mate, Fergie's right

Their fans are shite!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 12:10:39 am »
He's cracking up...........

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 12:10:53 am »
Ive got you under my skin
Ive got you deep in the heart of me
So deep in my heart, that youre really a part of me
Ive got you under my skin

Mr Ferguson has a distinctly squeaky bum methinks
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 12:12:16 am »
Mind games.

Over the years he has been pretty good at these.  It's all about getting your opponent to take their eyes off the prize or, to put it simply, lose focus.

No need to respond after the result last week.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 12:12:37 am »
Would developing young players be like splashing out £12m on Cristiano Ronaldo at 18 (when our record transfer at that time was £11m)?
Or perhaps the total combined transfer of Anderson and Nani for £35m, with add ons, who have turned out to be rather muck in the past few seasons?

Or bringing in 18 year old Rooney for £27m with add ons and converting him from a number 9 style striker to a dogsbody?

Maybe he means splashing almost £15m on Tosic in January?

Maybe he'd like to consider that one season he had to bring in only one player because the previous 5 they'd smashed transfer records almost every season?

Anyway, I think it's fucking hilarious that he himself admits he "got some of the people in the sports technology department to check that out."
That's x number of Manchester United staff having to stop working on their own club and focus on ours.

I'm pretty sure Rafa must be laughing his arse off. Wasting time and resources while we're preparing to catch them up.
You'd have to be blind not to see how fucking scared he is.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Redskin

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 12:13:50 am »
We've really pissed in his chips, ain't we  ;D ;D ;D

Feels great.
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog, you must stick together. Then you don't get lost. If there's a secret about Liverpool, that's it." Sir Bob Paisley

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 12:14:24 am »
Why the fuck does he need a sports technology department?

Has he never heard of Excel? The bitter red-nosed whiskey swilling bastard.
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 12:14:32 am »
Alex Ferguson : I'm a c*nt.
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline wannabdoc

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool is a conviction
    • my blog
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 12:14:32 am »
haha....class...:D

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 12:15:32 am »
its staggering seeing how little Arsenal have spent.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 12:16:06 am »
Fergie can't add up - FACT
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 12:16:27 am »
Strangely enough Fergie's most ridiculous comment here is that Rafa is going to spend big time during the credit crunch (unlike any other team) "There's talk about a recession but I don't think there will be one at Liverpool this year,'' says Mr Ferguson. Double bollocks and balls!

The timing of this is the same as the media's bollocks about Rafa going to spend big time. What this nonsense is attempting to do is minimize Rafa's pride of what he's achieved with minimum resources particularly against Mr Ferguson recently.

The fictitious story about our transfer budget can easily be made up:

Its even crazy to call 30mil a huge budget when Spurs spend this amount for fun on their 5th and 6th striker, even when one of them is injured for 2 weeks. With Champions League cash we normally have a minimum of 20mil so they easily add at least 10mil for Robbie Keane and they end up with 30mil... everyone knows that Hicks doesn't put a number on transfer budget and that the future of the club is reaching a critical point this summer... First we have to see what happens there before even speaking of budgets... it's clear that Mr Ferguson and the media is only attempting to create a mountain out of nothing

Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 12:16:47 am »
Fergie is a C*U*N*T Fact!!

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 12:18:23 am »
I like the fact (no pun) he has tried to deal in facts and has got it wrong.

We may not win the league but i'm enjoying the FACT that Rafa is worrying him big time.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 12:20:46 am »
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 12:23:07 am »
I like the fact (no pun) he has tried to deal in facts and has got it wrong.

We may not win the league but i'm enjoying the FACT that Rafa is worrying him big time.

one pleasing thing is the FACT his time is almost up and is possibly only going to go level with us or 1 more in the titles. Rafa has plenty of time left so he can laugh at him in 10 years time when we knock Fergie off his fucking perch and poor whiskey over his red ugly mut.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 12:25:16 am »
one of the great pleasures in the coming years will be seeing mr ferguson regretting even mentioning knocking us off our fucking perch.

It is terribly simple."

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 12:30:50 am »
Times Online same quotes but includes this at the end:

+ remember the Manc amount doesn't include a transfer fee for Tevez.

Most importantly it doesn't include the rest of the squad purchased before Rafa's arrival and the fact that Alex has been building this squad for many more years...

Conclusion: Fergie's cracking up (also known as talking bollocks to try and get a rise)

Did you save and post the original article .... cause I guarantee it'll be changed by morning!!! :wave
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 12:31:28 am »
yawn - not this tired old argument about tranfer budgets again.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline bainio

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 12:32:11 am »
I hope rafa don't bite to this crap, how much they waste on nani and anderson

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 12:33:32 am »
This had made my fucking day. :D

The man is....well, he's cracking up.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 12:37:36 am »
Fergie can't add up - FACT
Can he count to 4?

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009, 12:40:09 am »
Fucking hell the boy is a prick. But he is trying to be clever.

All the press is on him. Not on our game with them or his players.

Secondally you know how clubs like to butt plug us when they think we have money.

To tell you the truth I wish he would just shut the fuck up.
http://game2.mafiadeath.com/r/35526.php
MafiaDeath Username: gabrown

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 12:40:50 am »
Seen it on a couple of sites for the broadsheets. Both reporters have pointed out (albeit with different figures) that he's wrong.

Rattled. He wouldn't be talking about us if he wasn't. Two years ago he was at pains to point out we "couldn't be written off" after we lost to them in November. Now he's taking pot-shots in March.

Which do you prefer? He knows he's still got a job to do this season.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society