Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 478151 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #4800 on: May 30, 2017, 10:29:16 am »
im gone off German cars

my last one was a disaster and a lot of them use the same engine. which caused me no end of bother.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4801 on: May 31, 2017, 04:24:27 pm »
Anyone drive a petrol 3 series? Looking at an 08 2litre with 60k on the clock

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4802 on: June 1, 2017, 07:18:52 am »
Ended up ordering the seat leon fr, 10 week wait though
[/quot

Ah mate! Nice choice. I drove one of the fr 2 litres through work (hire car as the work fleet cars were out) . Drove it to Eastleigh near Southampton and back in a day. Totally fell in love with it. It will be my next car when the lease expires on my current car in nine months. I'm not a massive car person really. But this one I just didn't want to hand the keys back.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4803 on: June 1, 2017, 04:52:46 pm »

Just bought a 1299S. Now I have 3 Dukes. Which is nice.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4804 on: June 1, 2017, 05:08:41 pm »

Just bought a 1299S. Now I have 3 Dukes. Which is nice.

Gorgeous. I need to get shut of the kids....
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4805 on: June 1, 2017, 05:15:54 pm »
Agreed. I have no kids. Feckin little parasites. :)
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4806 on: June 1, 2017, 05:24:49 pm »
Nursery fees alone for the 2 years when my youngest was in nursery would have gotten me a nice 888 or 916, I could have easily bought a mint RC30 for what they've cost in total.

Love em to bits though (mostly)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4807 on: June 1, 2017, 09:19:30 pm »
Ended up ordering the seat leon fr, 10 week wait though

Ah mate! Nice choice. I drove one of the fr 2 litres through work (hire car as the work fleet cars were out) . Drove it to Eastleigh near Southampton and back in a day. Totally fell in love with it. It will be my next car when the lease expires on my current car in nine months. I'm not a massive car person really. But this one I just didn't want to hand the keys back.

Sounds good! I'm like a kid at Christmas and its dragging so bad!

Got it in midnight black too

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #4808 on: June 2, 2017, 09:21:10 am »
About to buy an X-Trail (Nissan). Any reviews?

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4809 on: June 2, 2017, 05:19:54 pm »
Didn't know where else to put this and didn't deem it 'new thread' worthy.

Parked my car in the long stay car park at Manc airport, went on holiday for a week. Upon my return the starter motor is knackered. Now I know it was working because I drove there, AND they move the car themselves from where you drop it off to another car park off site.

My question is do I have grounds for complaint seeing as the car was working fine when their attendant has moved it from one site to another but was not working once he came to return it?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4810 on: June 3, 2017, 03:21:49 am »
Very much doubt it. A starter motor can fail at any time,  it's just one of those things.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4811 on: June 3, 2017, 11:40:08 am »
There was a mechanics thread albeit well down at this stage.

Not sure there's anything you can do

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4812 on: June 4, 2017, 08:21:27 pm »
I bought a car 2 weeks ago and it's failed to start today. Turns out the battery is dead and will need replacing. Is this likely to be covered under the 3 month warranty I have? It says it covers engine, gearbox and final drive only? If not I'd hope they'd do it out of goodwill but don't have my hopes up re that. Thanks

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4813 on: June 4, 2017, 09:00:18 pm »
I bought a car 2 weeks ago and it's failed to start today. Turns out the battery is dead and will need replacing. Is this likely to be covered under the 3 month warranty I have? It says it covers engine, gearbox and final drive only? If not I'd hope they'd do it out of goodwill but don't have my hopes up re that. Thanks

I'd deffo be on to the dealer about that, they could easily check the battery condition before selling the car.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4814 on: June 5, 2017, 07:33:24 am »
Agreed! They can't not assist there surely? I'd be furious if it were a brand new motor.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online fiveways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4815 on: June 12, 2017, 05:12:15 pm »
took a gamble (again) and bought a cheap old Saab 95 estate with over 100k on the clock last year but it had a perfect main dealer service history every 10k on the dot - gave us plenty of room for an impending house move - the 2.5 HOT (High Output Turbo) petrol manual version - goes like shit off a shovel - so far so good 10k later - but dont buy one if you suffer badly with potholes - the suspension is 'firm' - great motor though - like most Saabs has superb seats - and nice to be in something a bit different- a real wolf in sheeps clothing

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #4816 on: June 12, 2017, 06:26:44 pm »
Agreed on the Saabs.

Had two Saab Aero's. Loved them but ended up getting rid of both based on electrics rather than the engine \ car

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4817 on: June 12, 2017, 08:35:00 pm »
After about 18 months of thinking and changing my mind about 20 times have finally bought a 2014 VW CC GT, made up with it. DSG box and loads of toys, so much more comfortable than my last Alfa Romeo and plenty room for the kids.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4818 on: June 12, 2017, 10:25:48 pm »
After about 18 months of thinking and changing my mind about 20 times have finally bought a 2014 VW CC GT, made up with it. DSG box and loads of toys, so much more comfortable than my last Alfa Romeo and plenty room for the kids.

Pic?

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4819 on: June 12, 2017, 10:26:57 pm »
Agreed on the Saabs.

Had two Saab Aero's. Loved them but ended up getting rid of both based on electrics rather than the engine \ car

Do you know they don't make them any more? I still find that hard to accept.

Offline TomDcs

• Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4820 on: June 12, 2017, 10:45:51 pm »

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:48:30 pm by TomDcs »

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4821 on: June 12, 2017, 11:52:22 pm »
Nice. Is that what they used to call the Passat?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4822 on: June 13, 2017, 07:04:29 am »
Do you know they don't make them any more? I still find that hard to accept.

I was shocked when I found that out, was about a year or so after they went bankrupt. The badge is still in use on the Scania buses and Trucks.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #4823 on: June 13, 2017, 07:35:40 am »
Finally had enough of the problems with the Fiat 500, even now they've bolted the gearbox in properly.

Was looking at something bigger, but cheaper, and was thinking of a Dacia Duster/Sandero Stepway.

Anyone tried these or have one?  Any comments would be appreciated.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline TomDcs

• Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #4824 on: June 13, 2017, 07:57:29 am »
Nice. Is that what they used to call the Passat?

Used to be called a Passat CC yeah, it feels a bit grown up but I'm loving it. I drive to work in Manchester 3 days a week and it's so comfortable and easy with the auto box. It's the 175bhp engine and it goes well when you need it to, but more barge like than anything else!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4825 on: July 12, 2017, 09:01:25 pm »
Got myself this bad boy t'other day, takes some used to driving a lowered car again after only driving a 4x4 and van around for the last few years, feels like I'm in a go kart.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4826 on: July 12, 2017, 09:07:31 pm »
I hate driving my wife's SUV..

Get me close to the floor and on firm suspension and I'm happy as Larry
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4827 on: July 12, 2017, 09:27:47 pm »
I hate driving my wife's SUV..

Get me close to the floor and on firm suspension and I'm happy as Larry
Weird how you get used to a certain way ain't it, never once felt like I was sitting on the floor in my old cars but that's exactly how I feel now I've gone back to that style.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4828 on: July 12, 2017, 10:02:01 pm »
Seat have the slowest manufacturing process ever, they must have

3 months it's been and now looking like september/october

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #4829 on: July 13, 2017, 02:04:27 pm »

Just purchased. Focus Titanium X model.

First car I've owned which isn't just a run around.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4830 on: July 13, 2017, 09:47:12 pm »
Seat have the slowest manufacturing process ever, they must have

3 months it's been and now looking like september/october
Do my head in waiting that long, what's their excuse for the delay?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4831 on: July 13, 2017, 10:18:39 pm »
Do my head in waiting that long, what's their excuse for the delay?

just a case of many on order. originally we we're told 8 weeks, then 12. Now looking at closer to 20. Was speaking to a fella a few weeks ago who had to wait around 5 months for his Ateca

I think they are fairly popular, probably more so than ever for Seat as i see quite a few knocking about, maybe they just don't have the resources.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:20:13 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4832 on: July 13, 2017, 10:41:11 pm »
just a case of many on order. originally we we're told 8 weeks, then 12. Now looking at closer to 20. Was speaking to a fella a few weeks ago who had to wait around 5 months for his Ateca

I think they are fairly popular, probably more so than ever for Seat as i see quite a few knocking about, maybe they just don't have the resources.
Waiting a week and a half to get mine was bad enough, don't think I'd cope waiting 20 ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4833 on: July 14, 2017, 07:25:32 am »
Waiting a week and a half to get mine was bad enough, don't think I'd cope waiting 20 ;D

Last year, my Sister in law was dead set on getting a Mustang, til she found out the waiting list was over a year and dropped the idea. My nephews were gutted, they had visions of borrowing it ;D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4834 on: July 14, 2017, 08:47:11 am »

Just purchased. Focus Titanium X model.

First car I've owned which isn't just a run around.
driving one now myself

a 2016 one. took out a big loan but needed to get shot of my last car as it was a disaster

paid extra for a long warranty (5 years left).

loving the cruise control, few little extras like auto wipers, auto lights, climate control, parking sensors.

pretty economical, i drive 130 miles every day, way into work i go a bit faster. way home i sit at 65-68mph and it does save fuel.

warranty is great piece of mind

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4835 on: July 14, 2017, 09:53:32 am »
driving one now myself

a 2016 one. took out a big loan but needed to get shot of my last car as it was a disaster

paid extra for a long warranty (5 years left).

loving the cruise control, few little extras like auto wipers, auto lights, climate control, parking sensors.

pretty economical, i drive 130 miles every day, way into work i go a bit faster. way home i sit at 65-68mph and it does save fuel.

warranty is great piece of mind

I got the 2013 model. Not a massive loan so its fairly reasonable compared to the difference from my last car.

Went from electric nothing to electric everything.

Have you tried the park assist yet? I still haven't chanced it.

Loving all the other extras though and the overall comfort and drive. Also saving me a fair bit on fuel as the last car was a one litre and I have a bit of a commute to work so it wasn't the most economical

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4836 on: July 14, 2017, 10:06:00 am »
I got the 2013 model. Not a massive loan so its fairly reasonable compared to the difference from my last car.

Went from electric nothing to electric everything.

Have you tried the park assist yet? I still haven't chanced it.

Loving all the other extras though and the overall comfort and drive. Also saving me a fair bit on fuel as the last car was a one litre and I have a bit of a commute to work so it wasn't the most economical
i was very close to getting the 1 litre but given i do a lot of motorway driving and given it was a petrol it was pretty much a panic buy, as i said my last car was a disaster and we were trying to get shot of it

im not sure mine actually has park assist. that may have been an extra and if it is there i havent used it

there is a rattle out of the front left suspension which is annoying but it is under warranty. they couldnt find anything but im going back soon for a service and i can raise it again

was in a bit of a predicament, couldnt afford a new car but couldnt afford not to get one. repayments are up a good bit but i was spending that and more on repairs on my other car.

its costs me about 52 euro to fill up. probably about a 48 litre tank. i reckon it does about 650 on a full tank. im taking it easier driving home and there are lot of places you can coast

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4837 on: July 14, 2017, 10:14:54 am »
i was very close to getting the 1 litre but given i do a lot of motorway driving and given it was a petrol it was pretty much a panic buy, as i said my last car was a disaster and we were trying to get shot of it

im not sure mine actually has park assist. that may have been an extra and if it is there i havent used it

there is a rattle out of the front left suspension which is annoying but it is under warranty. they couldnt find anything but im going back soon for a service and i can raise it again. My last car barely had a CD player so all these extras are still a novelty to me

was in a bit of a predicament, couldnt afford a new car but couldnt afford not to get one. repayments are up a good bit but i was spending that and more on repairs on my other car.

its costs me about 52 euro to fill up. probably about a 48 litre tank. i reckon it does about 650 on a full tank. im taking it easier driving home and there are lot of places you can coast

I have the 1.6 diesel model. The computer tells me how many km I get per litre while driving and how many kms I have left in the tank. Full tank gets it up to around the 1000km mark and from watching it the last few weeks its fairly accurate. Think the sweet spot on it is around 4.5 litres per 100k

I got mine imported from the UK so saved quite a bit and I don't even think Irish garages stock this model.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:16:56 am by Molealdinho_LK »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4838 on: July 14, 2017, 10:31:19 am »
I have the 1.6 diesel model. The computer tells me how many km I get per litre while driving and how many kms I have left in the tank. Full tank gets it up to around the 1000km mark and from watching it the last few weeks its fairly accurate. Think the sweet spot on it is around 4.5 litres per 100k

I got mine imported from the UK so saved quite a bit and I don't even think Irish garages stock this model.
mine tells me that but i have it in miles. last time i topped up it went up to 704 miles. i never expect to hit that. about 50 short maybe but it is only about a 47/48 litre tank (2016 reg)

to compare, the VW passat i had before that had about a 73 mile tank, it wasnt as economical but still got a respectful 850 miles or so (2008 reg)

avensis i had before that was about 52 litres. (2006 reg) that did about 550 miles. so the ford is winning that battle.

deffo money to be saved buying in uk with exchange rate. even if you pay VRT

living in the north now. i work in the south still but luckily if i need there is a ford garage here too

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4839 on: July 14, 2017, 09:09:24 pm »
Last year, my Sister in law was dead set on getting a Mustang, til she found out the waiting list was over a year and dropped the idea. My nephews were gutted, they had visions of borrowing it ;D
Haha I bet they were. No chance I'd wait a year unless it was a super car to add to my vast collection as a billionaire.