The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Football Writer's Association looking to get The S*n ban overturned

(1/27) > >>

Redman0151:
The Football Writers' Association is concerned by the recent bans imposed on The Sun by Liverpool FC and Everton FC.

While the FWA understands the upset caused by the presence and views of columnist Kelvin MacKenzie, the organisation feels that its members, the football journalists, are being unfairly punished for actions which have nothing to do with them.

The FWA has always believed in the fundamental principle that all of its members have a right to carry out their jobs and should not be banned because of the actions of others.

Following discussions at National Committee level, we believe the clubs should reconsider these bans and work with the FWA and Premier League to resolve the situation.

http://footballwriters.co.uk/news/the-sun-everton-and-liverpool/?E

Felt this deserved it's own thread for visibility. We can't let this stand and we can't let them push back the ban, we need to make our voices heard. I think it says it all that the FWA were silent over the disgusting things Mackenzie has done, but will speak up to defend him.

Nobody has attacked their "freedom of speech", they're still free to carry out their jobs and write whatever disgusting bile they want. They just aren't welcome in our homes with special access. Forcing people to allow people they hate onto their property would be wrong.

If somebody mocked your dead and abused your family would you let them into your house? I'd tell them to fuck off.

LallanaInPyjamas:
They can absolutely fuck off. Where was this stance with Ferguson's petty blocking of the BBC? Or Mike Ashley with various newspapers?

Jamie_G:
Banned for the actions of others???? Well leave the stinking rag and get a proper job!

And its attacking their feedom of speech is a complete nonesense. This is a boycott - pure and simple.

We just dont want anything to do with it nor anybody to buy it.

phil236849:
Load of rollocks here. People can only enter property with owner's consent, if owner refuses it is trespass.  If I release tomorrow 10 top 10 smash hits and a sex video, that does not mean that the S*n or any other writers can sit in my lounge.  If in those circumstances I speak to a friendly hack, I don't have to invite all the others.

The only point on that I can see is that clubs sign up in premiership / sky arrangements to certain obligations, but I cant believe that this requires all named media to have access.  In any event, no-one enforced action against fergie / Man Yoo, as has been noted.

sms1986:
I would just reject this without consideration if it was up to me. I think they know it won't be overturned, they just want to try and look diplomatic.

--- Quote from: phil236849 on April 28, 2017, 01:11:12 pm --- In any event, no-one enforced action against fergie / Man Yoo, as has been noted.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, nobody is enforcing any action on us or Everton, this is just a statement from some group who think people employed by that rag can be considered "journalists" or "writers".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version