Author Topic: Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Motability question  (Read 906 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Motability question
« on: March 26, 2017, 03:30:05 am »
I dont suppose anyone knows the answer to this? My mate has been on PIP for a bit and runs his own car. He's now decided to use it to get a new car and is looking at ordering it Monday and this question popped up in his mind this evening. He was told by the dealership that it would be ready in August. The question is, do they take his Motability money off him as soon as he orders it, or wait until its ready in August? If they take it off him now he wont be able to run his own car, so logic says when its ready, though it is the DSS so..!?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Motability question
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 05:52:07 am »
They take it once you've got your car.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 03:43:26 pm »
They take it once you've got your car.

Is that 100% deffo mate?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 04:20:25 pm »
Is that 100% deffo mate?

They definitely won't take any money before his car is due to be picked up. They'll send him a letter telling him when he will receive his last payment before his allowance goes towards the motability scheme.

If your unsure then phone motability: tel:03004564566

I know this because my partner received DLA for her disabled daughter some years ago and the car wasn't going to be ready for six weeks. I don't recall them stopping her payments straight away.

Just remember you need to get the enhanced rate Mobility award in order to get a car, presume he has like, just putting it out there incase.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:25:45 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 05:38:25 pm »
They definitely won't take any money before his car is due to be picked up. They'll send him a letter telling him when he will receive his last payment before his allowance goes towards the motability scheme.

If your unsure then phone motability: tel:03004564566

I know this because my partner received DLA for her disabled daughter some years ago and the car wasn't going to be ready for six weeks. I don't recall them stopping her payments straight away.

Just remember you need to get the enhanced rate Mobility award in order to get a car, presume he has like, just putting it out there incase.

You are an absolute star mate. Thanks so much. I know he's shitting it!

And yes he does thanks.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:40:04 pm by oddball »