Author Topic: International Week March 2017  (Read 32501 times)

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Re: International Week March 2017
« Reply #600 on: March 28, 2017, 09:45:27 pm »
And Aspas getting another Spain cap.

Reality really is just a hologram.

;D

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #601 on: March 28, 2017, 09:45:38 pm »
A problem I can foresee with video technology is the ref being pressured into reviewing everything. Players crowding round the ref could become even more commonplace.

It would also reduce a lot of the complaining though. Players will know a decision is correct and the ref hasn't shafted them.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #602 on: March 28, 2017, 09:46:07 pm »
Is it only being used on clear goal scoring opportunities? I just cast my mind back to sterling at man city a few years back when he was about five yards onside and it got flagged for offside, obviously he was one on one but so far from the goal still, what would happen then? They consult the video ref and realise the lino has dropped a massive fucking clanger but sterling stopped before he got to the goal because the ref blew?
IIRC Sterling rounded the keeper and scored no?
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: March 28, 2017, 09:46:55 pm »
IIRC Sterling rounded the keeper and scored no?

Oh did he? I thought he pulled up early, knowing sterling he probably rounded the keeper and put it wide

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #604 on: March 28, 2017, 09:47:07 pm »
Which of the extremely big Dembele tribe is this, the Celtic one?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #605 on: March 28, 2017, 09:47:28 pm »
Which of the extremely big Dembele tribe is this, the Celtic one?

The Dortmund one just came on.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #606 on: March 28, 2017, 09:47:34 pm »
I agree, this is probably the best I've seen them play for a while though to be fair. Their work off the ball has been quite impressive, France struggled to even get over the halfway line for long periods in the first half.

Don't disagree with you in the first half, but France started the second half very well. If that goal had been allowed it might have made it more of a spectacle.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #607 on: March 28, 2017, 09:49:56 pm »
What happened with the goal that was allowed? The lino put the flag up, the ref and players ignored and continued?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #608 on: March 28, 2017, 09:50:47 pm »
What happened with the goal that was allowed? The lino put the flag up, the ref and players ignored and continued?

yeah, play went on, it was a split second though, the players didn't know the flag had gone up.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #609 on: March 28, 2017, 09:52:26 pm »
These commentators are biased as anything against the video review.

Acting as if 5 mins of injury time is too much of a price to pay for correct decisions being made.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #610 on: March 28, 2017, 09:54:43 pm »
Thing is, how long are the players arguing with the Ref over a decision [Mourinho's teams have that to art form :no] look at the Video, get's rid of a lot of that.

#Sausages

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: March 28, 2017, 09:55:42 pm »
Great to see Sweden come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in Portugal.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #612 on: March 28, 2017, 09:56:51 pm »
Thing is, how long are the players arguing with the Ref over a decision [Mourinho's teams have that to art form :no] look at the Video, get's rid of a lot of that.

Agree entirely. Fergie, Mourinho, Barca, Real Madrid, arguably the Spain national team. Would love to see a definitive end to that shite.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #613 on: March 28, 2017, 10:00:48 pm »
What the fuck is Paul Ince blithering on about here :lmao
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: March 28, 2017, 10:03:35 pm »
One problem I see if the linesman no taking any responsibility  might as well keep the flag down permanently

Good, they're fucking shite these days.

Paul Ince has contradicted himself about 12 times in his post match ramblings. So passion only exists if the wrong decisions get made and football is all about celebrating goals that shouldn't count :lmao

I said to my brother at HT that the only reason Ince is unhappy is because it gives him less shit to moan about and then he goes and admits it at FT.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #615 on: March 28, 2017, 10:04:29 pm »
What the fuck is Paul Ince blithering on about here :lmao

Passion, apparently. He is such a twat, confusing real progress that other sports take for granted with a bogus rant about "real time". Typical of the Luddite attitude of so many of that generation of players.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: March 28, 2017, 10:04:44 pm »
These commentators are biased as anything against the video review.

Acting as if 5 mins of injury time is too much of a price to pay for correct decisions being made.

Especially when there was already going to be 3 minutes or so anyway.  2 extra minutes is a small price to pay for getting 2 big decisions right.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #617 on: March 28, 2017, 10:06:11 pm »
Good, they're fucking shite these days.

Paul Ince has contradicted himself about 12 times in his post match ramblings. So passion only exists if the wrong decisions get made and football is all about celebrating goals that shouldn't count :lmao

I said to my brother at HT that the only reason Ince is unhappy is because it gives him less shit to moan about and then he goes and admits it at FT.

He's literally complaining because he might actually have to start doing his job properly and talk about the actual football rather that wittering on about refereeing decisions.

Football is all about celebrating when the ref gives incorrect decisions, fucking hell :lmao
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #618 on: March 28, 2017, 10:14:55 pm »
Funny thing is Spain had the goal ruled out on the pitch before the Video Ref got involved, so they wouldn't have been celebrating anyway.
#Sausages

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #619 on: March 28, 2017, 10:23:39 pm »
Funny thing is Spain had the goal ruled out on the pitch before the Video Ref got involved, so they wouldn't have been celebrating anyway.

Yep it's total bullshit.

Ask any footballer if they would rather

a) Celebrate a goal with passion and team mates, jump in to the crowd, only to see it wrongly ruled out for offside
b) Put hands on head after seeing the lino's flag and start walking slowly back to centre circle then the referee checks and awards the goal, potentially giving your team a win or draw, and also activating any goal scoring clauses in your contract. Then you can celebrate however you like and give your team mates hugs and high fives.

Honestly the fact that the commentator kept talking about celebrations makes me think he's never played football.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #620 on: March 28, 2017, 10:34:17 pm »
I prefer a bit more direct action sometimes.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: March 28, 2017, 10:41:00 pm »
Ireland losing at home to Iceland.

Still time for the remote island nation to get back into it.
;D

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #622 on: March 29, 2017, 03:29:10 pm »
The Netherlands are really having a tough time of it. They could use a friendly match against England to life their morale.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #623 on: April 27, 2017, 11:34:30 pm »
disgraceful stuff from wales. going out in the second half to maim players because of perceived rough play from ireland in the first half. i agree that one or two irish players deserves yellows but did not warrant a reaction like that from wales. they were told by their arrogant git of a manager to do that.

Taylor should be banned for a long time. Ofc he will just get a few games and this will all be forgotten about next week. yet when you think back to the big song and dance over suarez nibbling at someone 3 years ago it does make you wonder. Makes no mistake, tackles such as this one are by far and away the worst thing a player can do on the football field.

2 match ban.