Author Topic: HT v Burnley, 1-1  (Read 10606 times)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: HT v Burnley, 1-1
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2017, 04:56:08 pm »
Have to say, that is a beautiful cross for their goal by Lowton.

Yep, not much we really could have done about the cross.
#JFT97

Offline kgb

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2017, 04:56:12 pm »
Cout is for change and Can. Bring Lallana back to midfield. Release Wilson and Woodburn.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
HT v Burnley, 1-1
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2017, 04:56:14 pm »
I don't see us winning this to be honest , look at our bench, is awful. Only way we win this is with an individual performance of our players that stand out.

Edit: I have nothing against the kids btw. But that bench is not midtable let alone top 4.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:58:11 pm by alvaro »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2017, 04:56:47 pm »
Agree

Hope he meant that metaphorically rather than literally

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2017, 04:56:50 pm »
Worked 8 days ago tbf

Well if he wants full time wage he needs to start playing full time and not part time.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2017, 04:56:54 pm »
Apologies for the moment of madness re Neville but fucking hell his bias is doing my head in. Theres commentating on mistakes then just a Manc relentlessly ripping our team.

Pretty obvious advice is to mute the fucking telly. Why are you listening to him?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2017, 04:56:59 pm »
Not gonna blame the players as I think it is obvious that there is something tactically wrong with how we set up agains these teams.

Fair play to Burnley, they haven't parked the bus, they've just outplayed us.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:01 pm »
No fucking way is Can "chief suspect" in that.  Coutinho, Mane, Clyne, Lallana all have been absolutely horrendous. 
Lallana's running his balls off at the very least. Mane? Seriously? Coutinho, yep, been soft, but not as soft as Can has. Bottled tackles, and didn't nearly get close enough to close down that pass that lead to the goal.

We should win this, but only if all of the above decide to give their heads a bit of a wobble.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:12 pm »
We need to switch to 3 at the back. Just put Can to the left of Klavan and tell Clyne and Milner to push up and provide width.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »
What about the players who are already on that much, or who just signed big new contracts, who have been just as bad if not worse?
Lallana? He's having an off day. Emre Can however, is playing at the standard he's been all season.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:15 pm »
Burnley haven't led at half time away from home in the Premier League since May 2015 apparently, our goal must have hurt! ;D

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:29 pm »
Despite the equaliser I hope Klopp puts the rocket under their arses. Some havent played to day at all. Can - what is he doing ?

That's one issue, as Neville n Co pointed out, he's coming back to help out the defenders cos they are looking clueless so we are being pulled apart.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:33 pm »
...and can we dispense with the fucking floaty diagonal ball to the penalty spot where we have one player surrounded by three of theirs. It's, rather unsurprisingly, not worked all season.

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:36 pm »
because that's like saying that someone can't judge someone's singing ability if they themselves can't sing

I know, you're right. It just grated on me.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:45 pm »
What about the players who are already on that much, or who just signed big new contracts, who have been just as bad if not worse?
Give over, these other players spend most of the season at a top level. He's showing nothing to be getting a new contract, hence he hasn't been given one.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:54 pm »
think we have to get Coutinho more central and maybe its a chance for Wilson to come on the left where he is a natural winger and a natural left footer.
I'd make that change take Can off and move Wijnaldum slightly deeper because we have to get Coutinho on the ball in more central areas.

Would do the same.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:55 pm »
We have to take advantage of the fact we got away with that half.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:56 pm »
Apologies for the moment of madness re Neville but fucking hell his bias is doing my head in. Theres commentating on mistakes then just a Manc relentlessly ripping our team.

Why are you putting yourself through that? ignore the c*nt

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:58 pm »
Coutinho is playing poorly, but he is not getting on the ball in good positions. When taking it out wide he seems to be moving slower and getting caught (and pulled back), he needs to move it quicker. in fact they all do.

We've been very slow and nobody is having a good game in midfield. We need our midfield to be stronger and get stuck stuck in.

The game is there to be won and let's see who wants it more.
#JFT97

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:02 pm »
That's was absolutely fucking disgusting from each and every one of them except Mane.
They're lucky fuckers to be level.
Can't remember being so angry during a game - my god that was shambolic

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:06 pm »
Also, Milner's middle name should be changed to 'Sideways'.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:20 pm »
Only Mane, Coutinho and Milner are consistently good enough to start next season at this stage. (even if Cou has been poor recently). Lallana, Matip and Winalj need to add more at times but probably start. The rest aren't good enough. A lot to do this summer.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:23 pm »
Burnley putting everything down the right against Milner. But Clyne on their goal let his man in for the finish.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:26 pm »

Surely Clyne should have been covering the back post for their goal?

Yep. Clyne has been out of form now since the start of December but he seems to fall under the radar because of some truly pathetic performances from his teammates. Safe to say, he was partly to blame for today's goal and he has been for many of our goals recently. Glad someone has finally highlighted it
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:31 pm »
3-1 Liverpool full time.

3 one to Burnley if we play like we did first half

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:34 pm »
Gini saved my pizza from landing on the TV.

The ponderous playing is back again. Those additional touches from Coutinho, Lallana and Milner and especially Can slows down the game considerably and allow Burnley to get back into their defensive shape to frustrate us.

I was also expecting Origi to be a bit more imposing with the physique that he has and he need to stop being so nice to the defenders. You are not taking them out on a date after the match is over.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:36 pm »
Think anyone who's quoted that pyroparty post should delete it sharpish. We don't need that sort of shit posted on this site!

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:50 pm »
Well if he wants full time wage he needs to start playing full time and not part time.

Part time is a stretch. You could count Emre Can's good performances this season on maybe 0 hands. Sure, he's played when we've won sometimes. I'd rather see Stewart or even Lucas every time.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:53 pm »
That was terrible and thank fuck we scored with our first shot on target

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:55 pm »
https://twitter.com/StatsSwearwords/status/840968773486153728

This is how much teams love targeting Milner

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2017, 04:58:59 pm »
Cout is for change and Can. Bring Lallana back to midfield. Release Wilson and Woodburn.

Have no idea what this means.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2017, 04:59:02 pm »
Lallana's running his balls off at the very least. Mane? Seriously? Coutinho, yep, been soft, but not as soft as Can has. Bottled tackles, and didn't nearly get close enough to close down that pass that lead to the goal.

Bullshit.  There isn't a player out there who is doing anything of note.  If we were playing a big team all of those players you mentioned would be playing great but have been absolutely awful today.  Big change in mentality needed from our "bigger" players if we are ever going to improve. 

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2017, 04:59:05 pm »
No fucking way is Can "chief suspect" in that.  Coutinho, Mane, Clyne, Lallana all have been absolutely horrendous. 

Of course he is - he's the one who's supposed to be controlling the game for us - he can't even control the ball quickly these days. Our attackers aren't looking effective because by the time they get the ball, it's so slow coming, they're already marked by 2-3 players. Their quality shone through in our goal momentarily, but it won't happen in the 2nd half unless Can can get himself in the game and start moving that ball to them quicker.

It's not helping that Klavan has absolutely no handle on their long balls, but Can isn't exactly helping. I'd probably get Lucas in for one of them in the 2nd half. Just wish we had the players on the bench to hook them both.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2017, 04:59:09 pm »
Absolutely gutless performance. If you didn't know better you'd think it was a preseason friendly. Really hard to explain how a coach like Klopp can't get fight or energy from this team consistently.

Mane is probably the only player coming out of that half with credit. He's actually tried to get involved and do something at least.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2017, 04:59:16 pm »
Think anyone who's quoted that pyroparty post should delete it sharpish. We don't need that sort of shit posted on this site!

Yeah, he's apologised for it and deleted the post.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2017, 04:59:27 pm »
We need to switch to 3 at the back. Just put Can to the left of Klavan and tell Clyne and Milner to push up and provide width.

Fine but change at least one of the full backs - endless fucking crosses, punts and horrible decision making from them both on the ball .... again

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2017, 05:00:03 pm »

No one has been as bad as Can, worst performance I've ever seen from a Liverpool player
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2017, 05:00:05 pm »
I think I will break down I'm tears if Coutinho attempts another near post flick on corner, just get it on the penalty spot ffs.

He's had an absolute stinker of a game in general.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2017, 05:00:11 pm »

There's no bias atall, we were fucking awful that half as was Klavan...
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2017, 05:00:16 pm »
Don't see how he was bias, I shouted twice as bad at the tv 😕