Author Topic: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00  (Read 57732 times)

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00
« Reply #160 on: March 9, 2017, 09:44:35 pm »
Given that we'll dominate the ball and play most of the game in their half, the main threat from a defensive point of view will be the counter attack, and Moreno is actually quite good in that context due to how quick he is and he usually tackles quite well on the run. Given how high both the full backs will play, not sure Moreno is any more likely to be caught "out of position" that Milner would be, and he's actually capable of holding width rather than cutting inside all the time. Personally I'd try it, for those reasons and also for a change given how shite we've looked against these teams adopting the same old tactics time and time again, and I'd also consider TAA on the right. Won't happen like, but it'd be nice to try something a bit different...

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #161 on: March 9, 2017, 09:54:50 pm »
My dislike for Sean dyche is growing and I feel we are due a good result against one of the 'lesser' opponents in the league.

3-0 Liverpool

His voice lulls people into believing that he isn't whining.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #162 on: March 9, 2017, 10:10:44 pm »
Why is 'Moreno may start' even a thing? Milner should start and will start on Sunday, it's not even up for debate imo.

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 9, 2017, 10:37:53 pm »
My dislike for Sean dyche is growing and I feel we are due a good result against one of the 'lesser' opponents in the league.

He's a proper dick, especially with his comments about Klopp a few months ago.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 9, 2017, 10:47:42 pm »
His voice lulls people into believing that he isn't whining.

I bet he loves cookies.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 9, 2017, 11:59:33 pm »
Why is 'Moreno may start' even a thing? Milner should start and will start on Sunday, it's not even up for debate imo.

It'll be the same exact 11 as the last match with the possible exception of Lovren back in if he's fit. 

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2017, 12:22:44 am »
Burley has the worst away record in the league, we surely can't mess up with this one right?

.....you mean in the same way that Leicester hadn't won or even scored in Fowler knows how long before....

Lets hope there's no repeat.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 05:59:47 am by Lolo »

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2017, 12:25:12 am »
With the form we have been this game scares the shit out of me. Really want to smash them after last time and Sean Dyche's comments.
On the plus side though if we carry this form into next season and make the champions league then we are a shoe in for it  ;D
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2017, 12:49:00 am »
With the form we have been this game scares the shit out of me. Really want to smash them after last time and Sean Dyche's comments.
On the plus side though if we carry this form into next season and make the champions league then we are a shoe in for it  ;D

We might go out early if we get a weak group. Latter stages will be a doddle.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2017, 12:51:07 am »

The last 5 pages suggest that it is very much up for debate. ;)

I'm happy with whoever starts, but if it is Milner and we're playing plodding 85%-possession-no-shots-on-target garbage for the first half then I hope we get a rare early sub out of Jurgen.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2017, 12:56:52 am »

Because Milner's form hasn't been great, and going forward he seems to just cut onto his right and float in a cross that comes to nothing. That's exactly what Burnley will want us to do.

Burnley won't attack all too much and Moreno is at least a pacey, direct outlet on the wing. OK, he won't have much space to run into if Burnley sit deep as expected but he can commit defenders and occasionally if Burnley do venture forward his directness and pace could come in handy (especially if we get an early goal and Burnley start to chase the game a bit).

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2017, 02:30:40 am »
Good shout to bring in TAA on the right and play Clyne on the left.  Or maybe just bring in TAA.  Don't think it will happen, but a change up could be just what the Dr ordered.

Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2017, 02:36:19 am »
Because Milner's form hasn't been great, and going forward he seems to just cut onto his right and float in a cross that comes to nothing. That's exactly what Burnley will want us to do.

Burnley won't attack all too much and Moreno is at least a pacey, direct outlet on the wing. OK, he won't have much space to run into if Burnley sit deep as expected but he can commit defenders and occasionally if Burnley do venture forward his directness and pace could come in handy (especially if we get an early goal and Burnley start to chase the game a bit).

As opposed to a speed merchant who just gets to the byline and then smashes in a cross with his left that comes to nothing?

Or someone who'll lay it off to Firmino who in turn will lay it off to Mane who in turn will smash it into the back of the net.  ;) Not to mention that he's our best penalty taker, the only one you'd want stepping up if we get one in the last minute of stoppage time. And the defending bit. He does that better. Let's not forget that part too.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2017, 04:43:58 am »

Pace cannot compensate for the brain farts. All Burnley need is one attack against him, to get one bad tackle or lapse of concentration and we are up against it.

Milner everyday of the week for me. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2017, 04:55:24 am »
It's about time we burnt down the bus !

Lets have em

4 - 0

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2017, 06:33:16 am »
A victory against Burnley would be a real satisfactory one, considering the earlier result. We need to up our game now Reds against the minnows. I think we will win on Sunday, with none of our immediate rivals playing, a great chance to get numbers on the board, and a bit of pressure on them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2017, 06:43:04 am »
It's about time we burnt down the bus !

Lets have em

4 - 0
Trash the bus. That should be our motto for Sunday.  ;D

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2017, 07:19:18 am »
As opposed to a speed merchant who just gets to the byline and then smashes in a cross with his left that comes to nothing?

Or someone who'll lay it off to Firmino who in turn will lay it off to Mane who in turn will smash it into the back of the net.  ;) Not to mention that he's our best penalty taker, the only one you'd want stepping up if we get one in the last minute of stoppage time. And the defending bit. He does that better. Let's not forget that part too.

Penalty taking is a critical difference-maker? Really? 5 penalties this season warrants a starting place? 

Is he better at the defending part? Really? He has been part of our defence in all but 2 of our league matches including all of our defeats. He doesn't have the recovery speed against teams that set up to counter especially.

You imagine a series of passes initiated by Milner? Through 2 banks of 4? Really? I can more readily imagine him isolated and getting frustrated and chipping a cross into the keeper's waiting arms. A chip so telegraphed that the uncrowded keeper can catch and throw, almost in one motion to start the counter. I've seen those charitable crosses from Milner a bit too often to forget. And so have opposition managers, according to how much time and space they give him by design.

Moreno's crosses can be poor choices, but they are lower and harder. And instead of a penalty taker we'd finally have a left-footer taking corners and free kicks when that is preferable. Is Milner a threat to score from open play? Moreno is much more a threat.

Defensively, Moreno has recovery pace to attack and not get so caught out when we are countered against. And that is not in isolation. Will Gini have to hesitate to join in the attack because the wing is wide open with both Moreno and Coutinho caught upfield?

Milner is not a terrible player, but let's not imagine him being something he is not. Against a team like Burnley, is he really the type of left wingback we need? As the season wears on he is not showing to be that player.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2017, 08:00:05 am »
Defensively, Moreno has recovery pace to attack and not get so caught out when we are countered against. And that is not in isolation.

Milner is not a terrible player, but let's not imagine him being something he is not.
:o

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2017, 08:09:13 am »
Penalty taking is a critical difference-maker? Really? 5 penalties this season warrants a starting place? 

Is he better at the defending part? Really? He has been part of our defence in all but 2 of our league matches including all of our defeats. He doesn't have the recovery speed against teams that set up to counter especially.

You imagine a series of passes initiated by Milner? Through 2 banks of 4? Really? I can more readily imagine him isolated and getting frustrated and chipping a cross into the keeper's waiting arms. A chip so telegraphed that the uncrowded keeper can catch and throw, almost in one motion to start the counter. I've seen those charitable crosses from Milner a bit too often to forget. And so have opposition managers, according to how much time and space they give him by design.

Moreno's crosses can be poor choices, but they are lower and harder. And instead of a penalty taker we'd finally have a left-footer taking corners and free kicks when that is preferable. Is Milner a threat to score from open play? Moreno is much more a threat.

Defensively, Moreno has recovery pace to attack and not get so caught out when we are countered against. And that is not in isolation. Will Gini have to hesitate to join in the attack because the wing is wide open with both Moreno and Coutinho caught upfield?

Milner is not a terrible player, but let's not imagine him being something he is not. Against a team like Burnley, is he really the type of left wingback we need? As the season wears on he is not showing to be that player.

Ah yes, I completely forgot about all those free kick goals and assists from corner kicks that Moreno has. Wait...

You acknowledge that Moreno's crosses are poor choices but the fact that they're hit hard and low somehow makes up for that? The only reason why he uses his "recovery pace" to get back when we are countered against is because he gets exposed far too often whilst bombing forward and switches off so he's forced to sprint back and make last ditch tackles. And not get caught out? Really? The reason why he's been relegated to the bench in favor of a makeshift left back is because Klopp had enough of his defensive ineptitude and always getting 'caught out' way back last August. Of course Milner isn't the left wingback we need, he's a stopgap. We should be shopping for a new one come summer. But he's the best we have at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:11:02 am by Caligula? »

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2017, 08:15:58 am »
End of the day, Klopp will need to field the most reliable players he has available, that can help us beat Burnley, and also help us finish top four. Moreno has shown time after time he is prone to making costly mistakes, and loses concentration during important parts of the game. Therefore, is it worth taking the risk playing him now when every game is a must win? In my opinion, the answer is no.

Milner may not be the best LB in the world, but he has shown this season he is a lot more reliable than Moreno, and can defend just as good (if not better). Klopp seems to prefer him over Moreno too. Hopefully we improve this position in the summer.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2017, 08:19:23 am »
Ah yes, I completely forgot about all those free kick goals and assists from corner kicks that Moreno has. Wait...

You acknowledge that Moreno's crosses are poor choices but the fact that they're hit hard and low somehow makes up for that? The only reason why he uses his "recovery pace" to get back when we are countered against is because he gets exposed far too often whilst bombing forward and switches off so he's forced to sprint back and make last ditch tackles. And not get caught out? Really? The reason why he's been relegated to the bench in favor of a makeshift left back is because Klopp had enough of his defensive ineptitude and always getting 'caught out' way back last August. Of course Milner isn't the left wingback we need, he's a stopgap. We should be shopping for a new one come summer. But he's the best we have at the moment.
Not to mention that a majority of the time he does use his pace to get back, it results in wreckless tackles from the wrong side using the wrong foot.

Reading that post anyone would think Moreno was the love child of Maldini and Roberto Carlos.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2017, 08:54:59 am »

Moreno can run but he can do little else. Milner's loss of form has coincided with the team's. Even if Burnley don't attack much Moreno has the capability of costing us the game. He should only be getting cameos until the summer when we hopefully sell him and bring in a proper left back. Adds nothing to our squad.

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2017, 09:48:52 am »

Feck me if I know as the team is not exactly blessed with leaders and if given a choice I would be struggling to drop Milner from the starting 11 to accommodate a lad who goes MIA in many of our previous calamities. I see some value bringing Moreno in for the  width factor but not at the expense of Milner as Burnley would automatically identify the left back position and bombard us there. Moreno is a lovely lad I am sure but he is not going to be around here next season so cant see Klopp making him first choice now.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2017, 10:05:29 am »
Feck me if I know as the team is not exactly blessed with leaders and if given a choice I would be struggling to drop Milner from the starting 11 to accommodate a lad who goes MIA in many of our previous calamities. I see some value bringing Moreno in for the  width factor but not at the expense of Milner as Burnley would automatically identify the left back position and bombard us there. Moreno is a lovely lad I am sure but he is not going to be around here next season so cant see Klopp making him first choice now.
The question was more raised on the basis of; if not now, against the poorest away attack in the league, then when? If he can't be trusted in a game like this then it shows the manager has no confidence/trust in him what so ever and Moreno will therefore be on his toes in the summer.

For a player to grow, they need competitive games against the best opposition you can afford, if you're not willing to invest in that development when the risks are as low as possible then it's time to move on to someone we are willing to invest in.

Do you think Klopp might have actually convinced Lalm to come play for us and this retirement nonsense is just that?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2017, 10:29:58 am »
cant quite put my figure on why....but I reckon sean dyche is a prick

he take a snipe at klopp or something? have that in back of my mind
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2017, 10:39:18 am »
Absolute classic case of fans getting bored of a decent player who starts every week during both good and bad results/performances and forgetting how bad the alternative is because he's not been playing.

Ridiculous that so many people fall into that trap year on year. The same people who acted like Skrtel wasn't one of our best two centre backs during most of his time here when often the alternative was someone like Kyrgiakos or Kolo Toure.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2017, 10:39:38 am »
cant quite put my figure on why....but I reckon sean dyche is a prick

he take a snipe at klopp or something? have that in back of my mind
After the loss to Burnley, Dyche made a couple of wry comments about Klopp's tactics, or perceived lack of them.
Quote from: Dyche
"Liverpool had 6 men in midfield at times. If I wanted to do that I'm sure we could dominate possession. We wanted to penetrate. It's a myth that dominating possession wins you games. Leicester City proved that last season."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:25:20 am by Titi Camara »

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2017, 10:54:25 am »
After the loss to Burnley, Dyche make a couple of wry comments about Klopp's tactics, or perceived lack of them.

Ah yes...fuck him

Hope we batter them.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2017, 10:57:32 am »
If that comment from Dyche is a reason to hate the fella I despair.  He just beats Liverpool at home and what do you expect him to say " We were lucky and Liverpool should have won really, Klopp is a genius."

They beat us tactically, mentally and physically that day, so let him have his moment.

Personally speakin, I met Dyche on the Stanley Car park at one game he was coming to watch. Seemed like a smashing down to earth fella who had loads of time for Liverpool fans chatting to him and stuff.

Still hope we wipe the floor with the ginger bastard on Sunday though :)

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2017, 11:17:16 am »
If his annoying voice is not a sufficient reason to hate him then I dont know what is! Buy some Strepsils yer bastard!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2017, 11:20:28 am »
Dyche is a massive prick. He's one of the "If it was a foreigner...." brigade too, a horrible c*nt. Lets smash him and his team of c*nts.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2017, 11:23:04 am »
I've gone back to wild overconfidence for this one. 4-1 to us
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2017, 12:17:46 pm »
paul joyce‏ @_pauljoyce

Roberto Firmino also a doubt. Klopp: "he couldnt train, we need to see."

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2017, 12:18:15 pm »
I like Dyche, and don't see how anybody can have any problem with those comments.

Saying that I hope we smash them. We're overdue a proper big win, it's hard to be too confident about it given our recent form against the lower teams but one of these days it has to turn around...why not now? 4-0 to us.

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2017, 12:18:46 pm »
The question was more raised on the basis of; if not now, against the poorest away attack in the league, then when? If he can't be trusted in a game like this then it shows the manager has no confidence/trust in him what so ever and Moreno will therefore be on his toes in the summer.

For a player to grow, they need competitive games against the best opposition you can afford, if you're not willing to invest in that development when the risks are as low as possible then it's time to move on to someone we are willing to invest in.

Do you think Klopp might have actually convinced Lalm to come play for us and this retirement nonsense is just that?

Don't want to turn a pre match thread into a Moreno discussion but we will be playing our best available 11 from here onwards in the league. Unfortunately for Moreno, his chances to break into the side was either going to be via injury or a good cup run where he got his chance to shine (or not). Im sure Klopp does trust him to be a fine back up but given the choice when Milner is available, will go with him every time as seen all season. Who knows if Moreno will get a chance to develop here but if we do get a left back this summer then I don't expect the lad to hang around.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2017, 12:22:40 pm »
I like Sean Dyche. Seems a really decent fella. People are too touchy at times.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2017, 12:25:08 pm »
It's time to call on young Divock.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2017, 12:28:59 pm »
paul joyce‏ @_pauljoyce

Roberto Firmino also a doubt. Klopp: "he couldnt train, we need to see."

Could work in our favour if Divock gets a go upfront

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2017, 12:29:55 pm »
Quote from: Echo
Recap - What Klopp said

That’s Klopp done for the afternoon, then.

Well, until training, at least.

The key points:
•Firmino a doubt for Burnley, as is Lovren. Sturridge and Henderson definitely miss out.
•Klopp prepared for a unique test from Burnley.
•Happy with 100 points, but wanted to reach it quicker.
•Praised Milner ahead of possible 600th league appearance, reaffirms ability to play as a left back.