Author Topic: FT Liverpool 3 vs Arsenal 1 (Firmino 9', Mane 40', Welbeck 57', Gini 92')  (Read 75075 times)

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
Pfft come on.

What? You'd stake you mortgage on 4th being enough for Champions League? It wasn't enough for Spurs a couple of years ago.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What? You'd stake you mortgage on 4th being enough for Champions League? It wasn't enough for Spurs a couple of years ago.
Arsenal are out, Leicester will follow them now the Ranieri magic is gone and City could easily go out this round as well. They're also not winning it with that midfield and defense.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Strangely quiet in the FSG thread  ;D
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
We drop in just 2 players (one CM and another) that can play klopp's style and are experienced, have aggression and just that pure hatred of losing....the difference in this team would be notable on our "off" days
Sure, I agree. But it's the having won stuff being a prerequisite thing I disagree with. Also, you could be describing both Nicky Butt and Roy Keane there. Which should we aim at?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Great win for the lads and a fantastic performance from all involved.  Those goals  :lickin

To TravisBickle and Meady1981 condolences to you both on the loss of your Dads this last week.  May they RIP.

On a lighter note, I found out just before kick off that I'm going to be a Nan again in October ;D

Congrats, what a nice bit of news to end an enjoyable day on reddebs.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Congrats, what a nice bit of news to end an enjoyable day on reddebs.

Thanks Jill, yeah it was  ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Excellent result after Monday's debacle at Leicester, it's important that we follow it up with victory over Burnley next week.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Sure, I agree. But it's the having won stuff being a prerequisite thing I disagree with. Also, you could be describing both Nicky Butt and Roy Keane there. Which should we aim at?

Dont have a list of names we should pick from, id hope our scouts do....im only interested in the attributes, especially those which show more when the chips are down. Cos we’ve got obvious issues there

And klopp can turn milner into a decent left back so im sure he could do fine with either keane or butt ;)

Leaders maybe dont have to be a pre-requisite no, but cant hurt right?
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
Just came in to say congratulations. You guys were up for it and played brilliantly, we froze somewhat and less said about our tactics the better. First half, we couldn't breach your defence with your keeper coming out to deal with crosses really well and when we lost the ball, it felt like we would concede every time. You always had a wide option to switch too and stretch out defence, your runners constantly got beyond our midfield, our players didn't get rest to clear their lines properly

Second half, Sanchez came on and that changed things. Usually with Liverpool vs Arsenal, however well you guys play, your defence +midfield defensive side of things goes and shoots you guys in the foot. You guys initially struggled to adapt to Sanchez, maybe another day we take advantage of that but after that spell, your back 4 performed strongly. Rest of team could have done more to offer protection but in last ten minutes, you played it perfectly. Normally we would hit a team with wave after wave of unrelenting pressure, passing our way through, cross after cross and give your back 4 a real test. You never allowed that pressure to build, you got hold of the ball and when you lost it, the entire team seemed well drilled on how to prevent us building up anything, you closed down the game and waited for the moment to break.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
Arsenal are out, Leicester will follow them now the Ranieri magic is gone and City could easily go out this round as well. They're also not winning it with that midfield and defense.
Fine. But I didn't think Chelsea were good enough in 2012. All I'm saying is don't presume anything. If Arsenal go 2-0 up in 15min would you still write them off? This happens every year, is 4th enough? It has been apart from Spurs in 2012 and that standoff in 2005 between the FA and UEFA over us and the Ev. If in May we're in 4th but there's an English club in each European final, I won't be confidant. Maybe that's just me.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
What a relief! We were the better team as well, nothing flukey about it. Just hope he we can apply this to our remaining games

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
If Arsenal go 2-0 up in 15min would you still write them off?

;D
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
5W 4D against top 6 is as good as it gets and it really gives me belief Klopp is the best thing that could have happened to us recently. Great win yesterday but it's crucial we confirm it vs. Burnley.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

City are the only ones who have any chance of winning it and I think they're looking more likely for top 4 by the week anyway.  If we do end up 4th we'll probably be fighting Arsenal and United for it.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Watched all the post match analysis and it still amazes me how nobody actually talks about football any more. It's all about the star name player being on the bench or the pressure on the celebrity manager, or whether the ref got various calls right.

When Mané scored, the guy who should have been marking him, who had in fact been pretty close on him a moment earlier, just sort of sauntered away from him towards the goal, leaving him as the only player in that half of the penalty area. It was the worst defensive fuck up of the night, and surely the Arsenal defensive coaches must have been furious that such a dangerous player was so easily handed so much space and time that he is now in the running for the next Dr Who. And not a word from anyone. Watch the goal again and look at the fella who was last near to Mané (don't know who it was as nobody said a word about it) and tell me what he thinks he's doing there and how he makes a living as a professional footballer for a top club.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stunningly good performance, took full advantage of Arsenal's indecision early on, got the first goal, the second just when we needed it, and took back control after they scored. And ensured it at the end. That could be our best performance of the season, given the situation we've been in, and put ourselves in, everyone knows what that is.
Our players showed life again, flicks, interpasses, changes of direction, intent, throughout.

Obviously now we concern ourselves with doing the same against Burnley, and every team thereafter.
But for today, we were good yesterday, a joy to watch.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Thanks all for the lovely words. Really didn't expect so many to respond to what I'd posted. But it's touching that so many did, it really is. Wasn't exaggerating when I said I didn't raise an eyebrow all game - we could have lost 5-0 and I doubt I would have moved an inch. Third goal goes in and I'm hugging the fella next to me, and all that mattered was the Reds. Fucking bizarre but there we go.

Funeral's on Wednesday. YNWA will be playing obviously, and never have the words meant so much.

Thank you all once again.

All the best Travis mate. YNWA
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Im really happy for Emre Can. I remember once during the game, first-half, he put his body on the line and fell to prevent Coqueline from crossing and made it as a goal kick.
Sometimes he ran and positioned himself between two of our centre-backs to be available receiving passes from midfield when its chaotic in the middle there. I was shouting in previous game when he just jogged. Yes, he jogged. Klopp must scared him out about his future perhaps? Haha!!
He won a few headers from Arsenal arial bombardment in second-half. Wait, Arsenal with fucking long balls? Seriously?
And Emre Can, this time at least his presence, could give the sense of relief to Matip and Klavan that actually there's someone protecting the back-four. This breeds confidence in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 01:14:38 pm by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
Lallana's contribution to the third is one of the cleverest bits of play I can ever remember.
Everything from the decision to turn infield with his first touch, to checking back realising Origi was offside, and then that glorious pass. Highlight of the match for me, although there were a few other moments of complete brilliance, e.g. Firmino's turn, Mane just knocking the ball past Monreal.
It reminded me of that year when barnes beardsley an aldridge ruled the league right from the build up and including the goal. In fact the whole thing wouldn't have looked out of place in among the great goals the 87-89 side scored
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fine. But I didn't think Chelsea were good enough in 2012. All I'm saying is don't presume anything. If Arsenal go 2-0 up in 15min would you still write them off? This happens every year, is 4th enough? It has been apart from Spurs in 2012 and that standoff in 2005 between the FA and UEFA over us and the Ev. If in May we're in 4th but there's an English club in each European final, I won't be confidant. Maybe that's just me.
That Chelsea team were miles better than anything the English teams are offering this year.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
I would be absolutely raging if I was an Arsenal fan.
They are so clearly dependant on Sanchez.
Absolutely inexplicable.

Couldn't fault any of our players.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thank you Liverpool for providing me with some happiness tonight. My arl fella died this week, he wasn't a big football fan but took me to my first game and always was happy for me when the Reds won. Thinking of you mate. Up the fucking reds.

Sorry to hear, YNWA.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
City are the only ones who have any chance of winning it and I think they're looking more likely for top 4 by the week anyway.  If we do end up 4th we'll probably be fighting Arsenal and United for it.

They have to play us first though. We could seriously threaten their chances with a good win against
them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

That's what football is. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Reds.

Sorry to hear mate,i'm sure your arl fella was just as elated.
To Meady & his arl fella too.
RIP.
YNWA.

We fully deserved the 3pts & could easily been 3 or 4 goals up before Arsenal threatened.
Great performance,the back 4 looked better and more balanced with Klavan..Lallana was brilliant,as were Mané,Gini & Bob.
Much improved Emre,Clyne & Phil  too.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Just watched the third goal again. Its not offside, isnt it?
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
Strange how a big win over Arsenal yesterday generates 13 pages of responses on here while that nightmare at Leicester drew 39 pages.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Where do we have to go to get some consistency.

LFC are almost as inconsistent as this forum (mostly)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
Great performance from the team. Closed down and harried the Arsenal players all game. Was worried before the game, especially looking at how weak our bench looked. Acid test will be the Burnley game.
So frustratingly inconsistent this team. Just think where we'd be if we'd won at least a couple of the 'winnable' games recently

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
Strangely quiet in the FSG thread  ;D

I would prefer we have conflicting opinions and keep debating our owners and club merits / demerits than what the Arsenal fans are facing right now. Look at that video with DT. Poor sod is exasperated to the point of apathy. Openly admits that 'at least Liverpool are trying to fix things'. Arsenal fans are on the brink of apathy, which is shocking for a club of their stature.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
When Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino and Mane combine on the days we decide to turn up, it's breathtakingly mesmerizing. We toyed with their defense in the first half and they had no answer.

When they scored I thought "here we go again", but we calmed the f**k down, and Gini topped it up with an absolute peach of a counter-attack.

Watching us and the Toon game on a stream and seeing the score rack up in the same order was spooky ;D

Great weekend all around.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Just watched the third goal again. Its not offside, isnt it?
He looks like he's leaning offside, but few refs would blow for that. Swings and roundabouts etc..
Besides - leaning offside in that situation does not give anyone any advantage at all. Prolly the reason the ref/linesman let it slide.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 02:08:36 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Decent enough performance against a strangely insipid Arsenal. Glad we're at home again next week, need to batter them
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Strange how a big win over Arsenal yesterday generates 13 pages of responses on here while that nightmare at Leicester drew 39 pages.

Strange that it took 13 pages for someone to mention it
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys

Its the same every time we win but its not because of the amount of people posting in here. Probably as many, if not more individuals post in a win thread than a loss thread but when we lose there's obvious areas for discussion as to why.

Most of the threads when we lose are filled with people having a vent, then someone venting at someone for venting, then someone venting at someone for venting at someone for venting, then someone venting at someone for venting at someone who was venting at someone for venting at someone (think that's right!)  :o, then someone....you get the picture.  ;D When we win, most people just say 'get in, happy days' then there's no need for discussion.

I'm just happy we won and that UTD had a massive slip up. Roll on next Sunday and make sure we twat Burnley and put this whole 'we cant beat the smaller teams' stuff to bed
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Strange that it took 13 pages for someone to mention it

Well if you're going to mention that it's 13 pages then you would probably want to wait till it gets to 13 pages or else you'll look a bit silly  ;D

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
The slap in the teeth is you know we're beating Arsenal, comfortably, on Saturday.

Nothing more certain in my mind. Wasn't a shred of doubt.

Thats what makes this season so fucking infuriating.

Lallana MOTM. Virtuoso performance

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
Just brilliant. Bloody brilliant !

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Watched all the post match analysis and it still amazes me how nobody actually talks about football any more. It's all about the star name player being on the bench or the pressure on the celebrity manager, or whether the ref got various calls right.

When Mané scored, the guy who should have been marking him, who had in fact been pretty close on him a moment earlier, just sort of sauntered away from him towards the goal, leaving him as the only player in that half of the penalty area. It was the worst defensive fuck up of the night, and surely the Arsenal defensive coaches must have been furious that such a dangerous player was so easily handed so much space and time that he is now in the running for the next Dr Who. And not a word from anyone. Watch the goal again and look at the fella who was last near to Mané (don't know who it was as nobody said a word about it) and tell me what he thinks he's doing there and how he makes a living as a professional footballer for a top club.

Think that's unfair on i think monreal. He's left having to cover both lallana and mane, he chooses to go with lallana in to the centre of the goal, it leaves Mane free, but it's still not the easiest set of pass to him. Iwobi should have been more alert and tracked back, he ends up way further forward than any other member of the midfield and defence marking Clyne who's closer to our half.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 02:55:38 pm by Chris~ »

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
I would prefer we have conflicting opinions and keep debating our owners and club merits / demerits than what the Arsenal fans are facing right now. Look at that video with DT. Poor sod is exasperated to the point of apathy. Openly admits that 'at least Liverpool are trying to fix things'. Arsenal fans are on the brink of apathy, which is shocking for a club of their stature.

....and yet in the last 3 years alone they've signed Ozil £43m, Sanchez £35m, Mustafi £35m, Xhaka £34m, Perez £18m, had a net spend in 2014/15 of £65m, and in 2016/17 had a net spend of £86m.

Poor old Arsenal eh?
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
Because it was by far the worst performance of the season and a lot of supporters expected us to turn over Arsenal.