Author Topic: FT Liverpool 3 vs Arsenal 1 (Firmino 9', Mane 40', Welbeck 57', Gini 92')  (Read 75443 times)

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Well in to the kid for putting them on him, and to the man himself for supporting it.

Yep. I like his response when Robbie said our fans are passionate about not buying the sun "Yeh man, I support that fam, I support that blud

lmao when he called mane "The black Suarez" :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WY-QRmCe5Mk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WY-QRmCe5Mk</a>

I like DT, he speaks well. I like what he said about our club

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thank you Liverpool for providing me with some happiness tonight. My arl fella died this week, he wasn't a big football fan but took me to my first game and always was happy for me when the Reds won. Thinking of you mate. Up the fucking reds.
Thoughts are with you

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was sat in upper anfield road stand. What an epic atmosphere. Was my first game and I thought I couldn't fall in love with Anfield and the city any more, but last night I did. As soon as I get over this hangover, I may plan my next holiday in Liverpool already !

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Got tickets for Burnley the day after Leicester and was worried what I would be going to see. Yesterday has got me counting down the days .
Could be that we will see the benefit of La Manga now after rhythm is found. Good performances by most yesterday.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Massive result, especially with Yernited also dropping points.  Why the hell we only play like this against other top six teams is still a mystery, but just happy with the win and the performance right now.  Mane was a beast throughout and Lallana's part in the third was brilliant.  For all of the understandable doom-mongering and shitty January we're still now very well positioned for top four run-in.

We don't only play like this against the top 6. Earlier in the season Watford, Hull, West Brom, Middlesborough, Palace to name a few. Some of those parked the bus as well, some are away games, some at home.

It's not that we can't do it. It's that we don't do it often enough, particularly with unavailability of key players which has been the case for almost every defeat we've had.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
As always when we play well, our positions are fluid.

So many times yesterday Mane was at centre forward and Firmino out wide, or Mane in central midfield with Lallana or Gino out wide...

Arsenal were very naive though, defensively they just made silly decisions..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

That's what football is. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Reds.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

YNWA

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Thank you Liverpool for providing me with some happiness tonight. My arl fella died this week, he wasn't a big football fan but took me to my first game and always was happy for me when the Reds won. Thinking of you mate. Up the fucking reds.
Sincere condolences to you and your family. May you find peace.

YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
MEADY and TRAVIS

Heartfelt sympathy for your loss. I lost mine a few days after we beat BVB.  I hope time can heal.

YNWA.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
It's not that we can't do it. It's that we don't do it often enough,

Its not that we cant do it...and its not even that we don't do it often enough....its that we stopped doing it around December last year - it became a real issue, and we didn't/don't appear to have the mental strength to deal with it.

It's what makes the forthcoming Burnley game such a significant and crucial fixture...its importance to the mentality of the side, and subsequently to rest of the season, can't be overstated.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
Really enjoyed it yesterday, great atmosphere and performance.
Like many still frustrated by the up and down nature of our recent results, Klavan did well enough to question why Lucas played against Leicester.

When we play like that we can beat anyone, but have to be more consistent.

Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its not that we cant do it...and its not even that we don't do it often enough....its that we stopped doing it around December last year - it became a real issue, and we didn't/don't appear to have the mental strength to deal with it.

It's what makes the forthcoming Burnley game such a significant and crucial fixture...its importance to the mentality of the side, and subsequently to rest of the season, can't be overstated.

I think you're correct.  I think we need to sign 1 or 2 players who have won tings and thus improve mentality. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Super performance yesterday.
Mane and Lallana were standouts for me but special mention to Can who has taken a lot of stick over the last few weeks but had a great game yesterday.
Lets now hope the bitters can get a point @ Spurs later today.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Couldn't watch the game but what a cracking (if predictable!) result!

It shouldn't mask the awful results we've had recently, though - people seem to be forgetting about those after beating a woeful Arsenal side. 1 step forward & 2 steps back seems to be our season's pattern & major changes are still needed in the summer, regardless of this result.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
Zzz can we show up against decent opposition for once tho?

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
I am sure Meady and Travis could do with a massive one of these.

Take care fellers.  I'll be sure to give my old man a call today.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan

Yeah, good points and I should have qualified the statement a little better in terms it being a recent phenomenon.   I agree that the Burnley game is huge for the side now.  Win that and we are building some momentum again.  A poor performance coupled with a loss on the other hand could be psychologically crushing for the players as things stand.  I know that sounds melodramatic on the face of it, but I genuinely feel it's that big as far as our season goes from here. 

On a side note, from Klopp's comments in the post-match press conference, it sounds like he really lost his shit at the players at the end of the Leicester game.   ;D

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans

I agree, although i think certain players are absolutely key to our success against those teams and if you take out those cogs we are nowhere near as effective. Lallana (playing in midfield), Mane for pace from a standing start, Hendo (for his sweeping up of counters) and Matip for the same reason.

This is not to excuse it - we need players who can step in and do the job and that we haven't is on us - but I wouldn't put it down exclusively to mentality.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...

how the fuck did Tony Bellew get down to the 02 in time for the fight?....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Great day all round. Was highly amusing to see that United had laboured to a 1-1 draw at home to 10 man notoriously bad travellers Bournemouth. Then to hear that Klopp is in the process of identifying up to six players to bolster our thin squad in the summer. I missed the first half but by all accounts we were scintillating. We did a good job on them in the second half - Wijnaldum's goal was a thing of beauty. Lallana is one of the best English players in years. If ever a week summed up the frustrations of being a Red. Dismal defeat to Leicester then a glorious win against Arsenal. This team needs to find consistency and Klopp is the man to do it. Up the Reds.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
how the fuck did Tony Bellew get down to the 02 in time for the fight?....
:D

Do Evertonians have access to the Babelcopter?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking greet result and all round performance. Well in reds.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lallana's contribution to the third is one of the cleverest bits of play I can ever remember. Everything from the decision to turn infield with his first touch, to checking back realising Origi was offside, and then that glorious pass. Highlight of the match for me, although there were a few other moments of complete brilliance, e.g. Firmino's turn, Mane just knocking the ball past Monreal.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lallana was truely top draw.

Should be captain for me.. truely top player that is our hunter.

Excellent performance once again.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
MEADY and TRAVIS

Heartfelt sympathy for your loss. I lost mine a few days after we beat BVB.  I hope time can heal.

YNWA.

My condolences to all that are missing loved ones
#JFT97

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Yep. I like his response when Robbie said our fans are passionate about not buying the sun "Yeh man, I support that fam, I support that blud

lmao when he called mane "The black Suarez" :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WY-QRmCe5Mk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WY-QRmCe5Mk</a>

I like DT, he speaks well. I like what he said about our club
Yeah- he's a decent lad. Credit to his fanbase.
Anyone who has the decency to stand against a cabal like the Scum in solidarity, is a decent human being.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 11:39:03 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
Lallana was truely top draw.

Should be captain for me.. truely top player that is our hunter.

Excellent performance once again.
Oh please...
(Inadvertently has a dig at Hendo again zzz...)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I accept that Wenger is a good guy and its the job of the fans to support the side and back the manager, as things could be a whole lot worse. But i do have a bit of sympathy with the Arsenal fans about how Wenger and the club have created some apathy and lowered the bar. They have everything in place to challenge apart from the desire.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

That's what football is. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Reds.

Just saw this...YNWA lads.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 11:50:21 am by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
I think you're correct.  I think we need to sign 1 or 2 players who have won tings and thus improve mentality. 
Doesn't guarantee anything. Milner and Studge have won the league. Emre won the Champions league and Bundesliga. Gini won the Dutch League. Sadio the Austrian league. Yet here we are. David May, Ray Parlour and Danny Drinkwater etc won stuff. No thanks.

So, it's a bit more than that. We've tried filling the team with 'leaders', 'captains' and 'winners' before and it didn't really work. Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Mash, Yossi and Dirk all captained club/country yet that classic Rafa 2009 team won fuck all. Buying the best players from outside the top four, the Charlie Adams, Andy Carolls and Stewart Downings didn't work either.

What we really need is a deeper squad of Kloppish players for when certain key players are playing shit or unavailable. It happens, there's no blame attached, but when Firmino is struggling we don't want to be changing everything to fit Sturridge/Origi in or shifting Lallana about for a Coutinho or Mane absence. If that's the lesson we learn from this season, I'll be happy.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
Troopz on Arsenal TV - fair play to him when someone sticks a Don't But The Sun sticker on him...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2i-JrQI6hWQ?fs=1</a>

;D Hilarious the way he alternates between blud and fam and even says both in the same sentence a couple of times.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pretty much the performance I expected but I still expect a few more spineless anonymous ones like on Monday until the end of the season. It's a matter of whether we can string enough wins together to compete for top 4.

Klavan's an average centre back but there's not a chance in hell he should ever be considered below Lucas in the pecking order again this season.

Milner was excellent in the first half and awful in the second, booting the ball to no one at almost every opportunity. If we don't sign a left back in the summer I'll be baffled.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Doesn't guarantee anything. Milner and Studge have won the league. Emre won the Champions league and Bundesliga. Gini won the Dutch League. Sadio the Austrian league. Yet here we are. David May, Ray Parlour and Danny Drinkwater etc won stuff. No thanks.

So, it's a bit more than that. We've tried filling the team with 'leaders', 'captains' and 'winners' before and it didn't really work. Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Mash, Yossi and Dirk all captained club/country yet that classic Rafa 2009 team won fuck all. Buying the best players from outside the top four, the Charlie Adams, Andy Carolls and Stewart Downings didn't work either.

What we really need is a deeper squad of Kloppish players for when certain key players are playing shit or unavailable. It happens, there's no blame attached, but when Firmino is struggling we don't want to be changing everything to fit Sturridge/Origi in or shifting Lallana about for a Coutinho or Mane absence. If that's the lesson we learn from this season, I'll be happy.

That's a very good post. We do need more players who can come in and fit automatically into the system we play, without having to moves other around. We just need better quality replacements.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
It's a matter of whether we can string enough wins together to compete for top 4.

Top 3 until the mancs are out of the Europa League.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Top 3 until the mancs are out of the Europa League.
If you're suggesting them winning the Europa nullifies 4th spot then you're wrong.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
If you're suggesting them winning the Europa nullifies 4th spot then you're wrong.
It does if City, Arsenal or Leicester win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4. Not likely but not certain.

EDIT: Though I should have said until all the English clubs are out of Europe. Fair enough. Either way, 4th place might not be enough, just as it wasn't last year until we collapsed against Sevilla.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 12:08:23 pm by reniformis »

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It does if City, Arsenal or Leicester win the Champions League and finish outside the top 4. Not likely but not certain.

EDIT: Though I should have said until all the English clubs are out of Europe. Fair Do's.
Pfft come on.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great win for the lads and a fantastic performance from all involved.  Those goals  :lickin

To TravisBickle and Meady1981 condolences to you both on the loss of your Dads this last week.  May they RIP.

On a lighter note, I found out just before kick off that I'm going to be a Nan again in October  ;D

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?

We drop in just 2 players (one CM and another) that can play klopp's style and are experienced, have aggression and just that pure hatred of losing....the difference in this team would be notable on our "off" days
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.