Author Topic: 2017 Formula 1 Thread  (Read 211463 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: 2017 Formula 1 Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2017, 08:37:28 pm »
I understand that this Renault isn't a real car.

As of the end of last week, I believe only the rear brakes and wheel hubs were actually completed...

Testing will be a stretch..

Jesus if that's true then they are always doing that. Since winter 2014. I know they had money trouble but thought they'd sorted. Isn't hulk on 20m a season
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2017, 08:40:55 pm »
Jesus if that's true then they are always doing that. Since winter 2014. I know they had money trouble but thought they'd sorted. Isn't hulk on 20m a season
Ive got the info off a good source...

Suspect they will make it to testing by the skin of their teeth..

Don't know if it's down to lack of money or just lack of organisation..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2017, 10:11:02 pm »
Both maybe?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2017, 10:26:23 pm »
Really hope Renault and McLaren can get it together this next year or two.

I still expect Mercedes and Red Bull to lead the way, but I'd like to see a bit more battling throughout the field - STR and Williams faded after the midway point last year, and there wasn't much challenge to Ferrari and Force India for regular points.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2017, 10:38:51 pm »
Both maybe?
Quite possibly, I didn't ask...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2017, 08:50:13 am »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:02:07 am by Hellrazor »

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2017, 09:18:09 am »
Shell of a car or not, it looks great  ;D

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2017, 09:59:30 am »
If only they still had 90's sponsors.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2017, 10:14:03 am »

If only they had any sponsors.

Look at the teams that have unveiled - only Williams are sponsored by someone other than themselves. Sauber have the '25 years' logos and Renault's big ones are their brands. Force India will be 'sponsored' by Mallya's brands, Mercedes have their oil partner, Red Bull and STR is Red Bull, Ferrari have the Fiat-Chrysler brands, McLaren might pull something out of the hat but you'd have heard something surely?

Remember the glory days when even useless Minardis were plastered in sponsors and midfielders like Jordan, Arrows, Sauber, Benetton et al had major corporate deals that specified their entire car colour?

The end of tobacco basically damaged major non-automotive sponsorship and then the financial crisis pulled the rug from the high-tech, finance and luxury companies poised to take over.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2017, 10:30:58 am »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2017, 01:08:28 pm »
they are cool

my wallpaper on my pc is actually a pic of the 2000 jordan. it was plastered in sponsors. think it had even more the year after.

I remember even the 94 lotus was covered from head to toe and front to back and yet the team had no money

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2017, 03:01:05 pm »
force India

same old colours

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2017, 03:27:20 pm »
Step nose and penis nose combo. A new low.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2017, 03:30:37 pm »
I'll always wonder about the value of that step nose, just looks completely aerodynamically redundant.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2017, 04:26:22 pm »
I'm not liking these shark fins that have come back again....
W

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2017, 04:26:22 pm »
very noticeable now ray said it

i hated them circa 2012 steps. looked horrible

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2017, 08:15:05 pm »

Hamiltons new helmet design for 2017.

Few others:

Wehrlein's:

Ricciardo's:

Vandoorne's:

Verstappen's:

Perez & Gutierrez':
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2017, 08:49:26 pm »
Cheers for that. They are all fucking cool

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2017, 08:59:04 pm »
I love Vandoorne's most, will look fantastic in the (rumoured) white and orange McLaren. Hamilton's is nice too, like the candy red and yellow.

Both Red Bull helmets are naff, dominated by the brand logo, as if we wouldnt know who they're driving for, as they sit in RED BULL branded cars, in their RED BULL branded overalls. Verstappen's is basically the car design, put on a helmet.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2017, 09:31:58 pm »
I'm not liking these shark fins that have come back again....

Yeah. They look awful...

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2017, 11:47:10 am »
Who's out today?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2017, 11:49:20 am »
Who's out today?

The Merc!

Ferrari and McLaren tomorrow.

Red Bull on Sunday.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2017, 11:54:55 am »
Who's out today?
keeping an eye out for it

merc

wonder how the mclaren will look

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2017, 12:02:01 pm »
No fin on the merc. Pics on BBC site now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2017, 12:02:03 pm »
No shark fin on the merc thank goodness, only a small spine..
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2017, 12:02:32 pm »
Bizarre coincidence there!
W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2017, 12:03:44 pm »

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2017, 12:07:39 pm »
No massive shark fin or penis nose on the Mercedes.

Looks a nice car. They need to sort out the livery though

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2017, 12:08:35 pm »
W

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2017, 12:13:35 pm »
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2017, 12:14:24 pm »
Pretty sure there are some cosmetic changes to come to that Merc before the unveil. Can't see them sending out the finished article for all the world to see before it's official unveil.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2017, 12:33:28 pm »
Pretty sure there are some cosmetic changes to come to that Merc before the unveil. Can't see them sending out the finished article for all the world to see before it's official unveil.

They're unveiling it now, its the same car, just that Hamilton and Bottas got to have a quick drive around in it before. No harm in getting some pics of it on track to circulate around really.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2017, 12:35:44 pm »
fin is sort of there. that part of the car sticks out a bit

but at least it blends in better than williams and force india which just looks glued on as if is some part from a scrap yard

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2017, 12:43:24 pm »
fin is sort of there. that part of the car sticks out a bit

but at least it blends in better than williams and force india which just looks glued on as if is some part from a scrap yard

Yeah, it looks the same size as they had on last years car. I always got the impression that the more advanced cars had a more developed aero package that didnt need such things. Imagine Red Bull wont have one, but Ferrari might.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2017, 12:45:33 pm »
Yeah, it looks the same size as they had on last years car. I always got the impression that the more advanced cars had a more developed aero package that didnt need such things. Imagine Red Bull wont have one, but Ferrari might.
starting to remind me of them mid wings some teams like mclaren and jordan had around 1995

the worst ever were them x wings from about 1998. Ferrari, Sauber, Jordan and Arrows among others had them. think tyrrell pioneered it but they were an eyesore. they used to get in the way of fuel rigs too. Think Martin Brundle said "its like buying a ferrari and sticking a tow bar on the back"

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2017, 12:50:12 pm »
starting to remind me of them mid wings some teams like mclaren and jordan had around 1995

the worst ever were them x wings from about 1998. Ferrari, Sauber, Jordan and Arrows among others had them. think tyrrell pioneered it but they were an eyesore. they used to get in the way of fuel rigs too. Think Martin Brundle said "its like buying a ferrari and sticking a tow bar on the back"

Haha, they were awful.

I love the more simple designs, with a few flourishes, like the McLaren from 05.

Perfect looking car.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2017, 01:03:54 pm »
Interesting that Merc don't have the fin, I wonder if that will be a disadvantage to them. Normally you'd think that if so many other teams have decided it's a good option then maybe they've missed a trick. It probably won't affect them as they're such a good team, but you never know.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2017, 01:05:19 pm »
Surely those fins are going to cause havoc if you catch a side wind when going round a corner?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2017, 01:21:22 pm »
Apparently merc WILL have the fin, it's just extremely windy at Silverstone...

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2017, 02:23:26 pm »
Oh.. damn
W