Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 135267 times)

Online Mactavish

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Jamie Carragher
« on: December 3, 2016, 07:41:03 am »
Surprised I couldn't find a thread for him so therefore thinking I must be missing something. Apologies if so.

Cant describe how good it is that he was out in Smokie Moe's with Lecky Legs

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #1 on: March 1, 2017, 11:53:04 am »
Carra and Danny Simpson going at it on twitter at the moment ;D.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 10:57:24 am »
Not a fan of Carra as a pundit. Listening to his views makes me think he'd be just as bad as his manc sidekick in the management world.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 11:56:59 pm »
Not sure what to make of Carra's recent article concerning Rafa Benitez and that wherever he goes there is always conflict, of course, the article has made other positive points regarding Rafa so I would think I am reading too much into but it's a pattern I've recognised with Carra and Stevie regarding Rafa Benitez, I know Rafa is not the sort to be pally with Carra and Stevie but I've heard more positive words from both players for Jose Mourinho than what has ever been said about Rafa Benitez.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:06:06 am by Sahara »
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 07:49:56 am »
I like him. I like his objectivity as a pundit; fans get lost in tribal BS and while it's part of footie and all that, he, as a pundit, has no obligation to necessarily sing praises all he time of all things liverpool-related.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 09:35:26 am »
I like him. I like his objectivity as a pundit; fans get lost in tribal BS and while it's part of footie and all that, he, as a pundit, has no obligation to necessarily sing praises all he time of all things liverpool-related.

Me too. I may not always agree with him but he's always very articulate and honest, which instantly makes him better than 90% of the others.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 04:40:24 am »
Not sure what to make of Carra's recent article concerning Rafa Benitez and that wherever he goes there is always conflict, of course, the article has made other positive points regarding Rafa so I would think I am reading too much into but it's a pattern I've recognised with Carra and Stevie regarding Rafa Benitez, I know Rafa is not the sort to be pally with Carra and Stevie but I've heard more positive words from both players for Jose Mourinho than what has ever been said about Rafa Benitez.

The article is just a lazy piece of writing in my view. There certainly is some truth in the claim that Rafa has been involved in a lot of conflicts. However, Carra makes it sound as if it was Rafa kicking up a fuss about nothing when in almost every case the reason were broken promises (like at Valencia or Inter) or something even more sinister like at Liverpool. And it was always about what is best for the club. We've experienced one conflict first hand and I don't think anyone believes that Rafa should have kept quiet and just gotten on with it. I don't like that Carra kind of makes it sound like Benitez is actively looking for those conflicts when he probably just wants to get on with his job, but can't because of stupid, corrupt or dishonest owners. What would be the alternative? Keep quiet, not make progress (or go backwards like at Liverpool), but keep your job? Thank God, Rafa wasn't one of those people when we were owned by the Cancers.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 3, 2017, 03:25:56 am »

They've both said repeatedly that he's the best manager they've worked with and that he improved their play immensely. What more do you want?

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #8 on: May 8, 2017, 12:41:18 pm »
They've both said repeatedly that he's the best manager they've worked with and that he improved their play immensely. What more do you want?

That's precisely what comes to my mind concerning Carragher and Gerrard, what more do they want from Rafael Benitez ? the above statement does not placate the other past present questionable comments regarding Rafael Benitez whether through autobiography, news articles and broadcast etc.

I have a lot of time for Gerrard and Carragher but there are certain things I do not find humorous or agree in regards to their comments on Benitez, the latest from Carra being Benitez manages by conflict.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 06:54:55 pm »

LFC tv's Premier League Heroes show - this one on Carragher - https://vid.me/bGbn
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 09:22:46 pm »
That's precisely what comes to my mind concerning Carragher and Gerrard, what more do they want from Rafael Benitez ? the above statement does not placate the other past present questionable comments regarding Rafael Benitez whether through autobiography, news articles and broadcast etc.

I have a lot of time for Gerrard and Carragher but there are certain things I do not find humorous or agree in regards to their comments on Benitez, the latest from Carra being Benitez manages by conflict.

Are they not allowed to have opinions that contradict yours? They worked with the man for years and have their own experiences with him. Just because  it doesn't match up to your perceptions of how Rafa is, it doesn't mean they're wrong. They have the upmost respect for what he did for their careers and they mention that frequently, but whether you like it or not, Rafa wasn't perfect. Carra and Stevie are hardly alone in their claims. Alonso has stated similar and yet somehow gets no stick for it.

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #11 on: June 7, 2017, 04:36:49 pm »
Are they not allowed to have opinions that contradict yours? They worked with the man for years and have their own experiences with him. Just because  it doesn't match up to your perceptions of how Rafa is, it doesn't mean they're wrong. They have the upmost respect for what he did for their careers and they mention that frequently, but whether you like it or not, Rafa wasn't perfect. Carra and Stevie are hardly alone in their claims. Alonso has stated similar and yet somehow gets no stick for it.

I don't put Rafael Benitez on a pedestal just like I do not put the likes of Carra and Stevie, no one is infallible. I am pragmatic to discern Rafa was their boss at first hand and wouldn't begin to assume I was more apprised of how Rafa was personally as a boss, manager and person etc more than they were.

I have observed Alonso's reflections on the few grievances he had under Rafa such as when he wanted to be at the birth of his child and also how his exit occurred and I have no qualms with it at all and overall I think Xabi Alonso has been very dignified about it.

It is common knowledge Stevie did not have a personable relationship with Rafa and I don't think any player really did and I think some players are more comfortable with that than others. I don't think it bothered the likes of Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel etc, who have only had positive things to say, though I know Stevies role and communication with the manager is not comparable to the other players.

Carra's and especially Stevie's less positive comments in regards to Rafa has been discussed lengthily in the past, not interested in delving into that and I haven't unheeded the positive comments they have made about Rafa too. 

In any respect, whether my opinion contradicts yours, I didn't appreciate the article by Carra in the Daily Mail regards to Rafa and how he manages by conflict because I probably give more credit to Rafa's part in helping get rid of the cowboys H&G. Personally, I have always been more curious regarding Carra's and Stevie's thoughts and reflection on Roy Hodgson as a manager when he was with us for a short while, but then, to be honest, I don't really usually read the Daily Mail and it's probably best to abstain.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 07:57:55 am »
Jamie on the new 5Live Colin Murray show today at 11am...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08pm99s
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 09:46:00 pm »
Good listen that......full version available for download here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p050qkdm
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 11:25:05 am »
Great player but not a fan of him working for Murdoch (or any ex red like Thommo)

I know they are a very large part of the football landscape and arguably the most influential but just like reds subscribing to Sly - I don't think its right

The bloke has got to make a living and all that but - y'know
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 07:38:34 pm »
Grateful for all he did as a player but is a bit of a twat if you follow him on twitter.  Makes things personal far too easily

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 07:42:22 pm »
Grateful for all he did as a player but is a bit of a twat if you follow him on twitter.  Makes things personal far too easily

Yep same way I feel about him. Does my head in on SKY aswell.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 07:54:58 pm »
Stop caring for him as soon as he opened his mouth on Sky. too far up his own arse now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 08:09:50 pm »
Man U fans probably think the same of Gary Neville, hah

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 08:16:18 pm »
United fans by and large love Neville, he's actually a decent analyst. I think Jamie is good at analysing the stuff he's at home with... but he's so quick to forget even the basics of foreign football philosophies when he's 'analysing' them.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 08:32:24 pm »
United fans by and large love Neville, he's actually a decent analyst. I think Jamie is good at analysing the stuff he's at home with... but he's so quick to forget even the basics of foreign football philosophies when he's 'analysing' them.
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/neville-vs-carragher-the-battle-of-pundits.426234/page-4

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 09:20:16 pm »
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/neville-vs-carragher-the-battle-of-pundits.426234/page-4
Gary Neville gives opinion in a marginal call that favours Liverpool, some United fans on redcafe dislike it, how is that evidence at all lol?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 10:15:12 pm »
Gary Neville gives opinion in a marginal call that favours Liverpool, some United fans on redcafe dislike it, how is that evidence at all lol?
Well, it's not the only case, you can look through more of Neville on Redcafe (if you want) and see it's not "marginal". Or you can choose not to take any of that as evidence, as much as you can choose not to take anything from here as evidence of anything.

Your comment, "United fans by and large love Neville, he's actually a decent analyst" can be based on people you know, "marginal" experiences of yours, etc. etc., but my point is that you can pretty much take your "United fans by and large love Neville, he's actually a decent analyst. I think Jamie is good at analysing the stuff he's at home with... but he's so quick to forget even the basics of foreign football philosophies when he's 'analysing' them" comment, flip jamie with Neville and United with Liverpool, and you'll find that on the mirror of this place (that being, redcafe).

Neville goes on tv and criticizes Man U, doesn't think unfair things happen specially to them, is generally not tribal and tries to be objective, etc etc = he becomes disliked by redcafe/man utd fans (take your pick).

Jamie goes on tv, criticizes Liverpool, doesn't think unfair things happen specially to us, is generally not tribal and tries to be objective, etc etc = he becomes disliked by rawk/Liverpool fans (take your pick).

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 10:20:44 am »
Very bitter at not being offered a coaching role at the club, can't stand watching him . Maybe if he hadn't of scammed that bumper contract at the end of his career he might be looked at a bit favourably within the club.Just comes across like a bitter old twat now.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 12:33:15 pm »
Very bitter at not being offered a coaching role at the club, can't stand watching him . Maybe if he hadn't of scammed that bumper contract at the end of his career he might be looked at a bit favourably within the club.Just comes across like a bitter old twat now.

I don't watch Sky so I don't listen to him on there, but he reminds me of Tommy Smith or Roy Keane. A fierce competitor on the pitch but with it a caustic personality that will always be a motormouth in the media and a fierce critic of us. It's how he came across in his book years ago. I don't think he'd have the man management skills.

I don't think he's bitter about not being a coach, he doesn't want to be, he'd prefer the easy life on Sky. It pays better than being a coach, unless you're a Premier League manager. He's earning millions from Sky.

I always remember when Hodgson had recently been sacked and Carragher went on Soccer Saturday and was laughing along with Merson and co who were basically slaughtering his team mates. Ultimately his career and place in the team came before anything else (like any footballer I suppose). He might well love the club but he did grow up hating us and even into adulthood and into his early 20s was a big Evertonian. For example when Kenny came back as manager, he couldn't have felt the way a Red would as when Kenny was here last time he was an Everton fan and cheering when Michael Thomas scored and gutted when we beat them at wembley.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:46:07 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 07:58:06 am »
Gave his all on the pitch. Off it since retiring his cuntishness who he mixes with knows no boundaries. Despite working for Murdoch with sky and the daily mail, just this morning his retweeting what some fella who works for the rag has tweeted. He doesn't give a fuck now he's no longer employed by the club. Looks like he's an evertonian after all

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 09:41:37 am »
He’s just tweeted that he shared it via Neville and was unaware that the source was a shitrag employee. He also seems to have removed the retweet.

Jamie Carragher
Jamie Carragher @Carra23
·
1s
Replying to @AaronWyn
I retweeted it from Gary Neville retweet wasn’t aware he was from the Sun.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:45:00 am by sms1986 »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 09:49:23 am »
Think with everyone you need to judge people on their time at Liverpool, and then completely separate that from how they are after they leave.

Owen, Souness, Carragher, Nicol, Hamann were all fantastic servants/legends and always deserve credit for that. Since they left.....bellends.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 09:59:50 am »
He’s just tweeted that he shared it via Neville and was unaware that the source was a shitrag employee. He also seems to have removed the retweet.

Jamie Carragher
Jamie Carragher @Carra23
·
1s
Replying to @AaronWyn
I retweeted it from Gary Neville retweet wasn’t aware he was from the Sun.

Oh that's okay then. His best buddy Gary Neville did it.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 10:01:35 am »
Oh that's okay then. His best buddy Gary Neville did it.

Is he supposed to check the source of every single retweet he retweets?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 10:02:13 am »
Is he supposed to check the source of every single retweet he retweets?

Well yeah that would seem a pretty sensible thing to do
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2017, 10:12:41 am »
I think you can allow some mistakes to be made. We’ve seen plenty of well meaning posts on here before which have originated from that rag or from a journo associated with it.

It’s not as easy as it used to be to just not buy it, with social media these days it can be very easy to share/read something before knowing the source.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2017, 10:19:39 am »
I think you can allow some mistakes to be made. We’ve seen plenty of well meaning posts on here before which have originated from that rag or from a journo associated with it.

It’s not as easy as it used to be to just not buy it, with social media these days it can be very easy to share/read something before knowing the source.

Plus as soon as he knew, he deleted the retweet.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 10:26:34 am »
I'll be honest, if I'd taken millions of pounds out of a football club I'd check pretty much everything I did on social media to make sure I wasn't even possibly offending supporters of that club. But then he is employed by Murdoch so not sure why people would find retweeting the S*n offensive on its own

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 11:12:31 am »
Let's be honest here, lots of people have it in for Jamie and fellow local 'bellend' Gerrard because they didn't see eye to eye with Rafa (a cardinal, unforgiving sin apparently)

They will use anything possible to give reason why they think that way. Don't forget John Barnes actually picked up, named it and read from The Scum not long ago. Hardly got a mention on here.

Carra and his 23 Foundation have done tons of stuff for local kids on Merseyside, the guy (like Stevie) are proper local legends.

You fellas calling him a bellend or whatever wouldn't do it to his face I suppose,.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Semi Skimmed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 11:24:51 am »
Let's be honest here, lots of people have it in for Jamie and fellow local 'bellend' Gerrard because they didn't see eye to eye with Rafa (a cardinal, unforgiving sin apparently)

Bingo.

Carra was regularly hated on here long before he joined Sky.

Working for them is just a handy stick in an arsenal of many to beat him with.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 11:28:19 am »
You fellas calling him a bellend or whatever wouldn't do it to his face I suppose,.

Love that

Why not? I probably wouldn't walk into Harlem and call a gang member a bellend to his face. An ex-footballer who works for Sky? Really wouldn't have the same worries to be honest mate.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 11:30:40 am »
He's a scouser with opinions who jokes around on Twitter. Truly revealed himself as a nasty piece of work.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 11:40:58 am »
Loved him as a player and still do. He works for Sky not the LFC channel. He still cares about the club but he has to show it or say it in a way he is seen as being unbiased. Besides, how is he any worse than some of the clowns you find in the post match threads?

As for the mistake on Twitter in regards to the rag he deleted it soon as he found out it was from there so let it go and not bring attention to it. (starting from now  :) )
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 11:56:50 am »
Loved him as a player and still do. He works for Sky not the LFC channel. He still cares about the club but he has to show it or say it in a way he is seen as being unbiased. Besides, how is he any worse than some of the clowns you find in the post match threads?

As for the mistake on Twitter in regards to the rag he deleted it soon as he found out it was from there so let it go and not bring attention to it. (starting from now  :) )

Why does he?

The likes of Neville and Hargreaves are actively biased on Sky/BT. Like really blatantly, actively biased. Neville fucking squeals his tits off when United score. That's a wider issue that really annoys me, because we have loads of ex-players in the media and very few of them are actually biased towards us and the majority actually seem to go quite strongly in the other direction.