Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 18807 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2016, 09:32:31 am »
Thought that was another game where we could have used him. Sturridge isn't physically strong enough to hold the ball up and we needed that last night, Origi is still young and going through a little drought. 
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 09:52:12 am »
Thought that was another game where we could have used him. Sturridge isn't physically strong enough to hold the ball up and we needed that last night, Origi is still young and going through a little drought. 

???
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2016, 10:22:05 am »

How often did he actually work hard and hold the ball up when he was here? There's a reason Klopp fucked him off ASAP, he'd never work in a Klopp system
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2016, 10:35:31 am »

Hahahaha

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2016, 10:59:31 am »
think we are being whooshed

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2016, 10:34:02 pm »
I have thought about this for a long time but never had the courage to ask: are you Clayton Bigsby, the author?

What's Bigsby written?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2016, 10:59:53 pm »
What's Bigsby written?

6 books, but only 4 were published
 :D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:18:11 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2016, 01:47:04 pm »
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2016, 06:15:08 pm »
Scored again.

7 goals in 6 apps (all comps).
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2016, 06:15:52 pm »
An Italy recall will surely be forthcoming.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2016, 03:50:33 am »
First time weve sold a player recently that I retrospectively wish was a loan instead.

Edit: Actually Suso also

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2016, 03:58:48 am »
First time weve sold a player recently that I retrospectively wish was a loan instead.

I don't. We had loaned him last year and he did the square root of fuck all. He's found his level in France. He was unimpressive in Italy and he doesn't have what it takes to succeed at this club.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2016, 04:52:29 am »
First time weve sold a player recently that I retrospectively wish was a loan instead we'd never bought.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2016, 05:01:42 am »
Time to move on mate, all of us did - except a few weirdos. We are all here to help if you need it.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2016, 08:11:16 am »
Only problem with this not being a loan is that they'd have bought him for a decent wedge in the summer (if he'd have still had time on his contract)

Was never going to contribute to us, especially under Klopp. If he couldn't impress Rodgers sufficiently, his Liverpool career was ended the second Klopp signed with us.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2016, 10:45:10 am »
(Re Suso) Time to move on mate, all of us did - except a few weirdos. We are all here to help if you need it.

Yeah. Sad to see him gone, but I can deal with it... mostly sad we didn't get a fee for him. Ah well

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2016, 10:48:27 am »
Yeah. Sad to see him gone, but I can deal with it... mostly sad we didn't get a fee for him. Ah well

Has Suso done anything of note since he left? Neither him nor Balotelli could cut the mustard at Liverpool, so how good they are doing no isn't really relevant. Hell, even Aspas looks like a striker at Celta these days.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2016, 11:19:59 am »
I think you can probably criticize the decision to loan him back to Milan, given they were keen to shift him to us when they did it seemed a bit daft they'd be prepared to splash back out on him (or that he'd do well enough for that to happen). Never loan to an Italian club if you want a fee after is probably a solid principle.

It's easy to criticize without knowing the details though (would Mario only accept a loan back to Milan, was anyone else even interested)

The disaster at Milan was also probably the only thing that could have made him step down to a club like Nice too

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2016, 12:09:44 pm »
Has Suso done anything of note since he left? Neither him nor Balotelli could cut the mustard at Liverpool, so how good they are doing no isn't really relevant. Hell, even Aspas looks like a striker at Celta these days.

He looked like a decent striker at Celta before we bought him - that's precisely why we bought him.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2016, 03:28:08 pm »

Suso is becoming quite an important player for Milan now but neither him nor Balotelli would fit in to this group. Mario in particular I don't see what he could offer that isn't already at the club. If you want a player to conjure up a piece of magic, there's Sturridge, if you need someone to hold the ball up and run the channels, there's Origi and both do those things better than Balotelli. As for Firmino,well..he does basically everything.

It's nice he's doing well over there but at the same time he still hasn't yet shown anything like the kind of genius of Zlatan and Ben Arfa in that league last season.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2016, 03:48:28 pm »
Balotelli doesn't press or interchange in the way that Klopp has developed our attack to. He was never going to get a place in this team.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2016, 09:03:31 pm »
7 goals in 9 matches, who would have thought would happen. But yeah like someone will say soon enough it's just the French league.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2016, 10:00:26 pm »
7 goals in 9 matches, who would have thought would happen. But yeah like someone will say soon enough it's just the French league.

Well....yeah.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #63 on: December 1, 2016, 10:28:40 am »
Well....yeah.
It's not like he scored loads in the Italian league before as well...

Balotelli is a very talented player who had a rough 2 seasons due to myriad factors, the full extent of which we will never know. He definitely has what it takes to be a class forward, but it doesn't make we were wrong to offload him when we did.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #64 on: December 3, 2016, 09:15:30 am »

Balotelli is a very talented player who had a rough 2 seasons due to myriad factors, the full extent of which we will never know. He definitely has what it takes to be a class forward, but it doesn't make we were wrong to offload him when we did.

Agree. He's stayed out of this thread so far I suspect in respect of fellow posters, but this is well balanced and I hope he reads it.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65 on: December 3, 2016, 11:26:54 am »
He definitely has what it takes to be a class forward

Footballing ability wise, without question. Mentally though? I'm really not sure he does, it's the one thing he has never really shown he consistently has.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 3, 2016, 12:51:17 pm »

He didn't score loads in Italy though really. For the teams he was playing for he scored a pretty average amount I'd say, with a large portion of them set-piece goals. He's not shite but he's not a top player either.

His best scoring season in Italy, the season before us, his general play was so poor that Milan were keen to let him go and the fans were made up to see him out the door (from what I read).
« Last Edit: December 3, 2016, 12:55:41 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #67 on: December 3, 2016, 06:20:45 pm »
Balotelli doesn't press or interchange in the way that Klopp has developed our attack to. He was never going to get a place in this team.

If Studge is on the bench I don't think Mario would even make the first team

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 4, 2016, 04:26:01 am »

He scored 15 open play goals in 54 games for Milan. The other 15 were penalties and free kicks, not to mention him being on the pitch reduced the output of the other attacking players at Milan. He's never been a clinical striker on the level that his hype implies, and the rest of his game is nowhere near enough to make up for it
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 4, 2016, 04:26:28 am »
If Studge is on the bench I don't think Mario would even make the first team

He wouldn't have even made the U23 team when Ings was fit

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 4, 2016, 04:49:31 am »
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 4, 2016, 08:39:24 am »
Footballing ability wise, without question. Mentally though? I'm really not sure he does, it's the one thing he has never really shown he consistently has.
Does he? Everyone keeps saying this, but I just don't see it. He has never been prolific and doesn't have the pace or the movement of a truly top class striker.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #72 on: December 4, 2016, 09:27:58 am »
And I take back what I said about him staying out of this thread.

Playing down his own ability though, that's a good one. Must be trolling.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 9, 2016, 01:17:07 pm »
Balotelli on Ballon d'Or...

But if I had a good year, without injury and focused, I think it's not impossible for me to win.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11822/10688701/mario-balotelli-targets-ballon-dor-award-but-rules-out-liverpool-return

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 9, 2016, 01:53:40 pm »
Playing really well this season. We should've given him more time.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 9, 2016, 01:56:46 pm »
Never fitted the profile that Jurgen wants from a player far too lazy and poor movement off the ball.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #76 on: December 9, 2016, 03:24:08 pm »

Absolutely.

If we had Balotelli and Sakho in the team this season we'd probably be top.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 9, 2016, 04:00:58 pm »
Absolutely.

What do you mean probably ? It would be for certain we would be top with those 2 in the side.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 9, 2016, 05:03:36 pm »
Absolutely.

We would be ten points ahead.
Twenty if we had Suso as well.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 9, 2016, 09:36:01 pm »
We would be ten points ahead.
Twenty if we had Suso as well.

And if he had Aspas we'd have the most goals scored from corners.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.