Author Topic: Holiday 2017  (Read 43383 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Holiday 2017
« on: September 5, 2016, 11:43:57 am »
What have you got booked for next year?

In 2016 I managed to get Germany, Austria, Spain and (in November) Peru.

Only thing booked so far for 2017 is my mate's stag weekend in Eindhoven. We're hoping to go to watch PSV but not got anything else planned at the moment. Anyone been and got any suggestions?

Other than that, the missus and I are thinking a two week driving holiday around Italy (á la Brydon & Coogan) in the summer and then hopefully a trip out to South Africa to visit a mate who is working in Johannesburg, maybe in October.

Hope to chuck in a few short city breaks too throughout the year. Noticed last night that there is a budget airline flying to Bucharest which would be interesting. I spent a day there a few years back but saw little of the city itself.

2017 should hopefully be the first year for a while that I've got no studying to do so my annual leave can be used properly... on holidays  8)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holiday 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2016, 12:20:34 pm »
How do you get that much time off?

Think i've got a fairly good amount of leave, but most of it is spend on odd days off, sitting at home waiting for a builder or a delivery.

Obviously, i have nothing booked for 2017 yet - there's still about 4 months of 2016 left, and i don't usually book more than three months in advance....don't even know what i'll be doing for christmas yet.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2016, 12:22:25 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2 on: September 5, 2016, 12:23:06 pm »
Fuck I ain't even had mine this year yet! 😄

1 week Friday & I'm off to the canaries.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2016, 12:40:35 pm »
How do you get that much time off?

I get 32 days annual leave and I'm planning on rolling over 1.5 days. I've been at my company for a while now so I have the maximum holiday entitlement.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 5, 2016, 12:48:34 pm »
Got 9 days in Tenerife in January, go every year and two weeks in Orlando in May.

Did Tenerife and Zante this year and got a few days away for my 50th in December but don't know where the wife has booked.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5 on: September 5, 2016, 02:00:15 pm »
Might be going back to Orlando early May.

Have been over a dozen times but not for a few years, my son (who has been about 8 times), is severely autistic/non verbal.
Been hard last few years convincing ourselves we can still cope with all the travelling with him, now we & he are older it's become harder for us.

Not that we don't have the energy or enthusiasm for all the theme parks, been a lot of changes since we last went.

We need a holiday the balance is how much of a holiday will it be.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2016, 02:13:31 pm by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #6 on: September 5, 2016, 02:40:42 pm »

Nothing booked but planning on Naxos in May til June (Again) and the Holmemkollen ski festival in Oslo in March which will be a bit cold for me.
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #7 on: September 5, 2016, 03:19:28 pm »
Fuck I ain't even had mine this year yet! 😄

1 week Friday & I'm off to the canaries.

going cheap?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 07:41:38 am »
Anywhere decent to go in January-March, Somewhere hot and cheap? Tenerife i was thinking? Don't want to spend more than £200 for 3/4 days

Offline Jebediah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 05:57:51 pm »
3 weeks booked in South Africa end of January beginning of February. Wife is from Cape Town but left when she was 12 and i have never been. Few days in Jo'berg visiting family, a week in Cape Town (have rented a house with a pool near the waterfront) and a week driving along the garden route.

Anyone have recommendations for CT for young kids?
An elevator can only go up and down, but a Wonkavator goes sideways and slantways and longways and backways and frontways and squareways and any other ways that you can think of...
Proud to be part of the LFC family

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 10:03:42 pm »
Thinking of travelling around Japan for a couple of weeks next April. Anyone done that before? If so, would you recommend the Japan Rail Pass? I've done interrailing before using their pass and it saved me a fortune...is the Japan one worth it? Any tips of cities or sights to go to/avoid?

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 12:20:32 am »
Thinking of travelling around Japan for a couple of weeks next April. Anyone done that before? If so, would you recommend the Japan Rail Pass? I've done interrailing before using their pass and it saved me a fortune...is the Japan one worth it? Any tips of cities or sights to go to/avoid?

It is expensive but most definitely worth it if you aim is to cover a lot of ground. You can say be on a train at 7am and cover enormous distances to be in the next destination by 9am. It is so convenient and you can also jump on local trains so it isn't just the Shinkansen.

I've only done the obvious places (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Nara) but with two weeks you can build even more into your plan if needs be.

Japan is extraordinary, friendliest people on earth, amazing variety of food and culturally different from anywhere else you will ever go. Couldn't recommend going any higher.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 06:08:07 am »
Hiking in Aokigahara forest, near Mount Fuji in Japan. Around early autumn, at least that's the plan.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 09:08:09 am »
America really knows how to put you off it doesn't it :/

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 02:27:07 pm »
Off to India in November. Ill be starting off in Arambol in Goa, before going to Gokarna in Karnataka. From there, I might get a flight up north to see the likes of Varanasi and Rishikesh. Ill be there until the middle of February, before flying  to Cambodia (Siem Reap) for 2 weeks before coming home.

Can't wait.

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 02:29:59 pm »
Back to Mallorca again at the end of July for 2 weeks and the usual trip to the Lakes for the Easter weekend.

Have been lucky this year as went to the Lakes over Easter, Italy at the end of July for 5 days for a wedding, was home a day and went to Mallorca for 9 days.  Back over to Mallorca again for a wedding on 18th November and that will be me done for the year.

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 08:25:38 pm »
Prague in February and then backpacking Canada and US Pacific Northwest in August onwards- Can't wait!!!

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 11:17:08 pm »
It is expensive but most definitely worth it if you aim is to cover a lot of ground. You can say be on a train at 7am and cover enormous distances to be in the next destination by 9am. It is so convenient and you can also jump on local trains so it isn't just the Shinkansen.

I've only done the obvious places (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Nara) but with two weeks you can build even more into your plan if needs be.

Japan is extraordinary, friendliest people on earth, amazing variety of food and culturally different from anywhere else you will ever go. Couldn't recommend going any higher.
It will be my first time outside of Europe, so I'd hope so haha! Thanks mate.

There's a brilliant Japan/Korea thread somewhere in the Boozer - take a look :) :wave

Thanks Rhi, some really useful stuff in there.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 01:10:25 pm »
Trying to put something together for a 2 week trip to China.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 06:47:54 am »
Thought I'd do something a bit different next year, and go to Florida

Offline carl5363

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 08:10:03 am »
Also after somewhere in Jan / Feb for me, my Mrs and 6 month old baby. Any recommendations?

Am thinking Caribbean?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 02:16:40 pm »
Also after somewhere in Jan / Feb for me, my Mrs and 6 month old baby. Any recommendations?

Am thinking Caribbean?
You crazy! A 6 month old baby on a 8-9 hour flight? That would be the stuff of fucking nightmares!

On a saner note, we've booked a week in Rhodes Town in May. Fingers crossed we get some nice weather as it's pretty early in the year!
going cheap?
Ha ha dreadful ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 03:21:48 pm »
How was Cancun, Titi? :D
It was the fucking bomb! Loved it! We were massively lacking on the cultural side of things but that was a testament to just how good the hotel was, we just didn't want to leave!

The two highlights were Coco Bongos, which was just absolutely crackers and swimming with dolphins. We both fell in love with one of the dolphins. He was 3 and it was his first session with the public, he was a right naughty little bugger, every time something happened else where in the enclosure he was off to find out what was happening, hilarious! The trainer got quite emotional at the end because he'd done so well. An afternoon I'll never forgot!

We're going to do Antigua next September all being well, or if finances allow, even sooner ;D

Anything planned for you?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:24:48 pm by Titi Camara's Bald Head »

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »
You crazy! A 6 month old baby on a 8-9 hour flight? That would be the stuff of fucking nightmares!

Not really. At 6 months, they are pretty non active and just sail through the flight. The hard work is when they turn 2 - now that's the stuff of nightmares !

Offline AaronSingh25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 06:28:38 pm »
What's the difference between a Caribbean all inclusive resort and a European Mediteranean type resort?

Are they both similar type beach holidays, or is one more exclusive than the other? I'm ranging from Cyprus, Malta, to Jamaica or Punta Cana.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 07:06:26 am »
Just read the small print to see what it includes for each hotel. Times vary too. Can go to a lot of resorts in Europe and the bar closes at midnight. I went to punt a Cana Dominican Republic on my last all inclusive. Amazing place.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 02:10:17 pm »
On a saner note, we've booked a week in Rhodes Town in May. Fingers crossed we get some nice weather as it's pretty early in the year!
Rhodes is officially cancelled and Cape Verde is booked......just don't want to risk the weather at that time of year!
Sounds like an incredible holiday. Nice one! I don't know much about Antigua. Is it a little bit more subdued than Cancun? I imagine it is!
The beaches are similar to Cancun but yeah it's probably not quite so lively.......to be fair all I want is a few bars that have the football on and get a bit lively of an evening, that's enough for me ;D ;) 8) :wave
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:13:30 pm by Titi Camara's Bald Head »

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #27 on: October 1, 2016, 03:58:41 pm »
Just booked for Orlando next May, going with wife and son.

My lad is severely autistic, we have been several times before with him but not for a few years as we have found the care needs harder as we all get older.
Figure we deserve a holiday.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 09:28:13 pm »
I've been looking to book flights to Prague for my girlfriend's birthday in January, Easy Jet seemed the best for departure times and price. I booked the flight out there for £38 each, but the return flight has gone up to £115 each...Will this go back down before then or should I book now?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 09:45:34 pm »
It was the fucking bomb! Loved it! We were massively lacking on the cultural side of things but that was a testament to just how good the hotel was, we just didn't want to leave!

The two highlights were Coco Bongos, which was just absolutely crackers and swimming with dolphins. We both fell in love with one of the dolphins. He was 3 and it was his first session with the public, he was a right naughty little bugger, every time something happened else where in the enclosure he was off to find out what was happening, hilarious! The trainer got quite emotional at the end because he'd done so well. An afternoon I'll never forgot!

We're going to do Antigua next September all being well, or if finances allow, even sooner ;D

Anything planned for you?

My wife and I did Antigua for our honeymoon back in February, absolutely fell in love with the island.

Also enjoyed being in the minority (at least at our resort) and being surrounded by you Brits.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2016, 07:37:02 am »
I've been looking to book flights to Prague for my girlfriend's birthday in January, Easy Jet seemed the best for departure times and price. I booked the flight out there for £38 each, but the return flight has gone up to £115 each...Will this go back down before then or should I book now?

Book most of our trips through easyjet and rarely ever see it go down and when I have its only gone down by a couple of quid.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2016, 01:27:15 pm »

If you are flying back to London British Airways and Wizzair are  worth looking at.
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2016, 03:03:01 pm »
Rhodes is officially cancelled and Cape Verde is booked......just don't want to risk the weather at that time of year!
Cape Verde is off lol we have now settled on Crete....and it's all paid for so no more nbloody changes ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My wife and I did Antigua for our honeymoon back in February, absolutely fell in love with the island.

Also enjoyed being in the minority (at least at our resort) and being surrounded by you Brits.  ;D
Nice to hear, it's still very much the plan, money permitting of course as it's not bloody cheap!

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 05:40:54 pm »
Nothing booked yet.  For a variety of reasons family issues etc and trying to sell my house I've not been abroad this year. I'll be hoping for a proper holiday in the sun next year quite likely one of the Greek isllands or canaries. Depending on finances I'd like to try and get to the states to visit a few friends too
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 06:49:24 pm »
NY for a week in January and then Hamburg in April. Need to get that booked but flight times from Liv/Manc are absolute shite, either dead early or dead late.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 1, 2016, 11:19:24 am »
Rhi, you ever thought about a week in Butlins?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 1, 2016, 11:31:49 am »
Snip
Sounds tremendous....and scary as fuck!
Some of the Danakil Depression’s pools boast a pH level below 1 (which in terms of acidity sits somewhere between battery and stomach acid).
Do not go paddling! ;) ;D :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 1, 2016, 02:15:05 pm »
;D I actually didn't know about the acidity so, errr, thank for the heads-up!
It's literally one of the most inhospitable places on the planet. There basically isn't any sort of an ecosystem at all because it just doesn't support life! Beautiful in a barren, sci-fi way though 8)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38 on: November 1, 2016, 02:19:08 pm »
Rhi, this is the Holiday 2017 thread, not the Crazy Adventure 2017 thread  ;D

Sounds amazing though!

Offline AaronSingh25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 2, 2016, 05:21:26 pm »
Where you all searching for package deals to the Caribeean or even Europe  ? Or do you just book flights and hotels seperate?