Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 663174 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #1520 on: March 20, 2017, 02:05:00 pm »
The difference last year was he used his pace more, got stronger and used his strength. Basically he got stuck in a lot more. This year he hasn't

Last year and earlier this season, he got a run of games. He's a kid still learning his trade, I'm not sure why people are so shocked when strikers who are in and out of the team don't look that sharp when they're chucked in.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1521 on: March 20, 2017, 02:09:00 pm »
I take you back to this time last year. Jog any memories for you? Do you remember when he tore Hummels a new one in our matches against Dortmund?

I don't deny that at all. He has produced moments of quality and some good performances, even the Southampton away last year.

I just don't think he'll ever be good enough to cement a first team place here or be the striker we need him to be to make us challenge. Again, I'd loved to be proven wrong and would quite happily admit I'm wrong. Currently, if his names on the team sheet then as an opposition defender I wouldn't be too worried about him.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1522 on: March 20, 2017, 02:43:39 pm »
I would like to see Origi replace Coutinho against Everton, given that they play a Qualifier in Brazil three days before the derby.
Seen us win everything

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #1523 on: March 20, 2017, 03:07:06 pm »
Last year and earlier this season, he got a run of games. He's a kid still learning his trade, I'm not sure why people are so shocked when strikers who are in and out of the team don't look that sharp when they're chucked in.

I think you can forgive him for a lack of sharpness, especially after being ill this week as well. But like me and Dubred said it's really irritating watching a guy who's fresh on against exhausted defenders casually jog forward on a counter when only a few minutes later you saw the likes of Lallana - who was shattered - bust a gut to get a chance he made a meal of (then do the exact same thing again a minute later only to not get the pass from firmino).

He could have missed the ball completely or scuffed a shot at the end of the move, made the worlds most unintelligent run into the box or whatever, I'd have forgiven him for it because as you and others have correctly pointed out he's wanting for minutes right now. But you can't not try to get on the end of things, he's a striker at the end of the day and he should be looking for any excuse to grab himself a goal.

It's merely venting at the end of the day on my part but I just want him to be more selfish.

Offline Jayworden99

• Kemlynite
  • Up The Reds
« Reply #1524 on: March 20, 2017, 04:15:30 pm »
I personally think Origi is a confidence player who needs a run of games to start playing well and scoring, coming off the bench he looks no good. Just last season with a run of games in the team he looked like the player we were hoping for when we signed him.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1525 on: March 20, 2017, 09:59:32 pm »
I personally think Origi is a confidence player who needs a run of games to start playing well and scoring, coming off the bench he looks no good. Just last season with a run of games in the team he looked like the player we were hoping for when we signed him.

He had a run of games when Mane was at AFCON and Coutinho was injured but just didn't grab the chance. At the beginning I was like, great, this will be perfect for Origi to prove himself but he let the team and himself down so badly.

Yesterday was a low point for him where I didn't see any heart in the display.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1526 on: March 21, 2017, 01:07:37 am »
If anyone's gonna get him running hard and bursting his lungs out week in week out, it's Klopp. Has great role models in Lallana, Hedo and Bobby around him also. I really think he's gonna go onto become a star. Great raw attributes and is in the best environment (great mentors, coach who believes in youth, team expected to push but not win every title/cup). If he doesn't make the cut, that just means we probably found/developed someone even better.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: March 21, 2017, 09:17:11 am »
Always struck me as a confidence player, a streaky player. Looked woeful when he arrived, looked like Rodgers hadn't a clue how to use him, by the time of those Dortmund games he was looking like such an absolute handful who could do a bit of everything. That shithouse tackle ends his season. Hasn't got a look-in this season because in his bits and pieces he's been so hot and cold. He's going to get better not playing. Coutinho's playing like a drain, I'd stick him in versus Everton. Would be a huge confidence boost to him and I reckon he'd reward us.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1528 on: March 21, 2017, 10:30:51 am »
Confidence (or a lack thereof) shouldn't stop him busting a gut to get forward at a time when we were chasing the winner. If Lallana could run the length of the pitch to provide Firmino an option to his left, the fresh legged Origi should have been doing the same to his right. Instead he waltzed forward and let his team-mates take the responsibility.

If we get top four he needs a loan. He's not shown himself to be a good enough understudy to Firmino for Premier League and Champions League games and he's too talented to sit around waiting for cup games.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:33:02 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: March 21, 2017, 11:53:01 am »
Confidence (or a lack thereof) shouldn't stop him busting a gut to get forward at a time when we were chasing the winner. If Lallana could run the length of the pitch to provide Firmino an option to his left, the fresh legged Origi should have been doing the same to his right. Instead he waltzed forward and let his team-mates take the responsibility.

If we get top four he needs a loan. He's not shown himself to be a good enough understudy to Firmino for Premier League and Champions League games and he's too talented to sit around waiting for cup games.

Its a shame with that move.  Origi didn't even try to join the attack.  In the end he hovered around the edge of the box while all the play was going on inside.  When Lallana missed that shot, there was no one, not a defender, not Origi to the right of him.  It was literally an open goal.

Origi should have been there.

And of course Lallana shouldn't have missed it in the first place  ;D

It all sounds a bit harsh I understand, but as a striker, Origi has to get into that box (form or confidence has nothing to do with that) and be on the end of anything that spills - be it a shot off the post/ a ridiculous miss by his colleague.

He absolutely no doubt has it in him as he showed last season but apart from being a little low on confidence at times, he just needs to up his drive and aggression sometimes.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1530 on: March 21, 2017, 03:37:50 pm »
Young Divock is suffering from what many of our players are....finding consistency in a good level of performance.

Even harder for him because he doesn't get as many minutes on pitch and his "worth" is measured in his goals.

No surprise the main issue with our team as a whole is consistency when there's so many individuals that make the team struggle with it too.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Jayworden99

• Kemlynite
  • Up The Reds
« Reply #1531 on: March 21, 2017, 03:55:43 pm »
He had a run of games when Mane was at AFCON and Coutinho was injured but just didn't grab the chance. At the beginning I was like, great, this will be perfect for Origi to prove himself but he let the team and himself down so badly.

Yeah true, agree with that aswell didn't look up for it V City

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1532 on: March 21, 2017, 04:10:57 pm »
He was told to run the flank and offer a countering option and width, like he did so well v Arsenal when he came on, and provide a threat to compliment Mane.

The lad's a striker who was obliging his manager's instructions by playing out of position to fulfil a role for the team to get a result. He was also helping keep Clichy honest and from overlapping/linking with Sane which was causing us problems when Clyne was covering the space between he and Matip which Aguero so cleverly occupied in the inside left position if you will.

His heat map shows his average position was predominantly down our right side.  I thought he worked hard personally and did fine.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
« Reply #1533 on: March 21, 2017, 04:25:16 pm »

That's hard on the young lad I think. The entire team went through a severe dip of form at that moment, with several players playing out of position due to our two main offensive threats (Mané & Coutinho) being out. When he got his chance earlier in the season when Coutinho was out and our midfield three remained the same, he scored 5 in 5.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1534 on: March 23, 2017, 01:00:32 am »
1.93 shots per 90.

This was raised as an issue when he was on his hot streak.

It's still an issue now.

I don't think he'll fix this in the remainder of the season. But he'll need to do it next season, because his shot numbers are an statistical outlier amongst top level forwards in how low they are.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: March 23, 2017, 02:51:06 am »
Patience lads he is only 21...

He has shown enough for me to suggest he can at least a good striker in the future. Hasn't had the most opportunities but has had a couple of hot streaks through his time here. Has pace, power, decent technical ability. Just needs to keep learning about positioning, linking up (his passing is not bad though) and using more aggression like he did last season but not this season. Some niggling injuries throughout the season doesn't help. Hopefully he will put it together soon but who knows it could take him til 25 or more to realise his highest potential.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #1536 on: March 23, 2017, 09:29:55 am »
I'd rather have him in my team than lukaku.

There i said it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1537 on: March 23, 2017, 09:41:06 am »

There i said it.

What's that based on?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1538 on: March 23, 2017, 10:23:56 am »

There i said it.

Hahaha

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: March 23, 2017, 10:30:43 am »
What's that based on?
Surely something to do with when the good folks of Rawk would say exactly what he just said. Still a long way to go for Divock, he's not aided by the fact that he sits on the bench most times. Regular football week in week out will see his progression go up big time. He has to be patient, we will be in Europe next season so surely his game time will go up.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: March 23, 2017, 10:47:27 am »

There i said it.

Pass it round mate. Must be superb stuff.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: March 23, 2017, 11:34:52 am »
I think he has the potential to be better than Lukaku but that's a silly thing to say.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: March 23, 2017, 11:40:57 am »
He needs to play regularly right now in his career...

For that he should leave the club next season, preferably on a loan. Can not waste another year sitting on our bench.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1543 on: March 23, 2017, 12:00:16 pm »

There i said it.

Heavy medication + plus drinking + plus you have 3 beautiful women nibbling at your bits?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: March 23, 2017, 12:07:26 pm »
He needs to play regularly right now in his career...

For that he should leave the club next season, preferably on a loan. Can not waste another year sitting on our bench.

He's 21  ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: March 23, 2017, 12:23:59 pm »
He's 21  ???

So he's not 18 anymore? He needs to play games.

Lukaku would hardly be the player he is today if he had decided to be the 2nd choice striker for Chelsea.
Similarly, Origi needs to be in the starting 11. Clearly it won't be for us as Firmino is 1st choice and we will be most probably be bringing another striker in the summer to replace You-Know-Who.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1546 on: March 23, 2017, 12:31:16 pm »
So he's not 18 anymore? He needs to play games.

Lukaku would hardly be the player he is today if he had decided to be the 2nd choice striker for Chelsea.
Similarly, Origi needs to be in the starting 11. Clearly it won't be for us as Firmino is 1st choice and we will be most probably be bringing another striker in the summer to replace You-Know-Who.

He doesn't 'need' to be anywhere, if we're gonna start selling every player 21 and over who isn't first choice then we're gonna end up with a pretty thin squad. He's absolutely fine where he is.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: March 23, 2017, 12:39:46 pm »
I think he has the potential to be better than Lukaku

What do you base that on? They're two years apart.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1548 on: March 23, 2017, 12:54:42 pm »
He doesn't 'need' to be anywhere, if we're gonna start selling every player 21 and over who isn't first choice then we're gonna end up with a pretty thin squad. He's absolutely fine where he is.

I never said the club needs to sell him. Some players are happy enough with being 2nd choice. Most aren't that's why they move on. Its got nothing to do with Liverpool exclusively. Sturridge, Coutinho moved here because they were not happy being 2nd choice.

At the end of the day the Club will take decisions in the best interests of the club, the player will do the same for himself.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: March 23, 2017, 12:54:53 pm »
What do you base that on? They're two years apart.
Am I actually being asked to defend the potential of a young Liverpool player on a Liverpool forum?

Players don't all develop homogeneously. We're too short of quality to loan him out so he hasn't had a few seasons at mid table teams like Lukaku. In the second half of last season he was brilliant and this season when Coutinho got injured he stepped up and scored a few goals.

Besides that, when you compare him to Sturridge this season it's clear he fits the manager's plans far better. I think he'll nail down a starting place within the next two seasons. Going to be an excellent striker.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1550 on: March 23, 2017, 01:07:06 pm »
I never said the club needs to sell him. Some players are happy enough with being 2nd choice. Most aren't that's why they move on. Its got nothing to do with Liverpool exclusively. Sturridge, Coutinho moved here because they were not happy being 2nd choice.

At the end of the day the Club will take decisions in the best interests of the club, the player will do the same for himself.

Well yeah....and we're a massive club, who at the time had a very promising young manager and some exceptional players like Suarez and Gerrard.

I'd like to think Origi is smart enough, and he seems to be, to know that he's in the best place for his development and that as long as he works hard he's got every chance of being first choice.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1551 on: March 23, 2017, 01:20:25 pm »
Well yeah....and we're a massive club, who at the time had a very promising young manager and some exceptional players like Suarez and Gerrard.

I'd like to think Origi is smart enough, and he seems to be, to know that he's in the best place for his development and that as long as he works hard he's got every chance of being first choice.

I would like nothing more than him to stay here.
He came across a bit frustrated at his lack of gametime though in the latest interview.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #1552 on: March 23, 2017, 01:40:05 pm »
I would like nothing more than him to stay here.
He came across a bit frustrated at his lack of gametime though in the latest interview.

Yes, that's a sure fire way to endear yourself to the manager.
If he wants game time and wants to be more like Lukaku, loan him out to West Brom and let him experience of the wonders of the Tony Pulis tactics masterclass.
Seriously, though. He is a big lad, but he is only 21. It is nuts to be demolishing him for lack of application and moodiness. I watched the interview he gave and saw nothing troubling in it. He said he wanted to play more and give the manager a selection problem. That was it.
For me, he is an option, not a first choice starter - until he makes himself one.

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1553 on: March 23, 2017, 01:51:53 pm »
There is nothing Origi has done in his career thus far to suggest he is anywhere close to Romelu Lukaku. Not in terms of output or underlying numbers.

One hasn't yet scored 30 goals in his career and the other has scored well over 100 goals.

Origi has lots of talent, but he needs to play games to iron out the rather large deficiencies in his game. He isn't going to get that here.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: March 23, 2017, 01:54:45 pm »
Am I actually being asked to defend the potential of a young Liverpool player on a Liverpool forum?

No. I'm asking you why you think he has "more potential" than a similar player who is only two years older than him but has already amassed more than double Origi's career appearances and over 100 more goals.

We aren't children. Personally I see nothing in Origi that gives him more potential than Lukaku. Zilch. That's just me though.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1555 on: March 23, 2017, 04:57:07 pm »

There i said it.

If Everton offered us a straight swap tomorrow, Lukaku for Origi, you're be borderline insane to say no. That doesn't mean to say Origi isn't a good player and potentially excellent, but right now lets be honest - Lukaku is miles ahead of him.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1556 on: March 23, 2017, 06:46:49 pm »
If Everton offered us a straight swap tomorrow, Lukaku for Origi, you're be borderline insane to say no. That doesn't mean to say Origi isn't a good player and potentially excellent, but right now lets be honest - Lukaku is miles ahead of him.

Lukaku is a bit of a freak of nature too. For a footballer, he's been 'built'  from a very young age. He'll be playing his trade abroad in a few years at one of the 'top' clubs in my opinion.

Origi has bags potential mind you and it's  often easy to forget how young he is. He'll get his chances.

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1557 on: March 23, 2017, 06:55:19 pm »
I think he has the potential to be better than Lukaku but that's a silly thing to say.
Right now you would obviously take Lukaku but I don't think it's that outlandish to say he may end up the better player and it's an opinion I would share.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #1558 on: March 23, 2017, 07:11:18 pm »
Lukaku could possibly score 30 goals this season. But yeah rather have Origi who doesn't even get into our starting line up.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1559 on: March 23, 2017, 08:41:29 pm »
Right now you would obviously take Lukaku but I don't think it's that outlandish to say he may end up the better player and it's an opinion I would share.

It is outlandish when you compare what they've done during their early years so far.

Lukaku scored 15 goals for Everton three years ago, he also scored 17 goals for WBA four years ago. It is crazy to say "Origi will end up a better player" when he hasn't done much at the same age.

Lukaku has been a 1 in 2 striker since he turned 19. That's how crazy it is.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:45:45 pm by Zoomers »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy