Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 661174 times)

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #1480 on: March 16, 2017, 02:50:46 pm »
I'd like to think we will be able to loan Origi out next season depending on incomings as he needs playing time. Deffo has ability.

Zero chance. Especially since we might play European games and the likelihood of Sturridge leaving this summer.

It is not like he isn't getting playing time. I believe he has started all Cup games this season and made 24 appearances in the PL. 

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1481 on: March 16, 2017, 04:58:17 pm »
Zero chance. Especially since we might play European games and the likelihood of Sturridge leaving this summer.

It is not like he isn't getting playing time. I believe he has started all Cup games this season and made 24 appearances in the PL. 
When is Ings back? I'm assuming we get one player to play in centre forward position this summer. That's four forwards for a single role in the side.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1482 on: March 16, 2017, 05:48:57 pm »
When is Ings back? I'm assuming we get one player to play in centre forward position this summer. That's four forwards for a single role in the side.
If anything, Ings will likely go on loan to a lower PL side for at least first 6 months.

Offline Weytske

• Anny Roader
  • Peerless
« Reply #1483 on: March 17, 2017, 07:59:44 am »
We probably won't though. We'll be looking for a versatile player who can play across the line but primary a wide player (like Brandt), and if necessary play Mané in the centre (as a back-up to Firmino and Origi).

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1484 on: March 17, 2017, 09:26:37 am »
IMO he should start ahead of Firmino after the City game. He is a better finisher, header and actually his work rate is close to Firmino ..  I still cant forget the draw against Southampton away where we kept missing chances especially Firmino while we have a good finisher in Origi on the bench.. The same happened against Sunderland until Coutinho got injured and Origi saved us and went on a good scoring run the next games ..

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1485 on: March 17, 2017, 01:24:44 pm »
A big doubt for Sunday...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1487 on: March 17, 2017, 01:32:01 pm »
Didn't train yesterday. Klopp said he didn't feel too good. Could be ill.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1488 on: March 19, 2017, 06:39:20 pm »
I thought Klopp sticking him on the right today and forcing him to track back did him no favors, but he just seems to be one of those players that seems to go through a good spell in the season and then disappears. He's a decent 3rd choice but not much more.

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #1489 on: March 19, 2017, 06:48:21 pm »
I thought Klopp sticking him on the right today and forcing him to track back did him no favors, but he just seems to be one of those players that seems to go through a good spell in the season and then disappears. He's a decent 3rd choice but not much more.

Think it was more to negate clichy getting forward as they were starting to get joy down the left and mane's legs were shot.

The fact he has good spells is obviously because he only gets spells of consistent starts rather than 15-20 min cameos, he's got everything to be quality if given good amount of game time

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1490 on: March 19, 2017, 06:49:43 pm »
quality if given good amount of game time

Fat chance of that happening with many of our fans.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1491 on: March 19, 2017, 06:51:27 pm »
Fat chance of that happening with many of our fans.

Why would he though? He's not really suited to the way we like to attack. We need a quick and skillful finisher, Origi is more of the big lad target man up top.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1492 on: March 19, 2017, 06:52:50 pm »
Needs regular games next season

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1493 on: March 19, 2017, 06:53:04 pm »
Shame Klopp didn't make this sub a bit earlier, they targeted Milner at that period as Phil was tiring and tracking back less and less. I firmly believe with fresh Origi we would have had a better chance to stop the KDB trademark cross that is so difficult to defend.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #1494 on: March 19, 2017, 06:54:00 pm »
Feel like people are being harsh on him. Last season he looked better because he was actually able to have a sequence of games as a starter. He's never going to achieve that level as a late sub every other week.

Today he did look off the pace, but it's always a gamble with late subs. Origi knew he'd have very little touches on the ball, which probably didn't help. I'd say a lack of rotation is my biggest qualm about Klopp, as whilst today Origi was a bit off Firmino was totally knackered.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1495 on: March 19, 2017, 06:58:46 pm »
For people saying he should get a sequence of games - for who exactly?

I've been critical of Firmino at times this season and I do think there were probably one or two opportunities where I'd have started Origi instead of him, but today was a perfect example of why Firmino has been in there this season. Constant tracking back, winning the ball back, getting into good positions, and there were even one or two times when he headed the ball out of danger from an opposing corner kick. If Firmino is to be replaced up top by a striker, I don't think it'll be Origi.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1496 on: March 19, 2017, 06:59:03 pm »
Why would he though? He's not really suited to the way we like to attack. We need a quick and skillful finisher, Origi is more of the big lad target man up top.

Isn't the argument around Origi that people expect him to be a target man, when in reality he's better with open spaces and running directly at defences? I don't think it's fair to say he's not suited to the way we attack, this time last year almost he was looking every inch a perfect Klopp striker and was looking deadly until Funes Mori ended his campaign. He's not been the same since, the arrogance and confidence he had isn't there and he's looking a touch slower maybe. But hopefully that's a confidence thing.

Earlier on in the season when Coutinho was injured he came in and while he didn't set the world alight didn't he score 6 in 6 at one stage? Proving that he can score scrappy goals and/or when he's not playing well. He's quick, perhaps not the most skillfull but he's got more good tools in his locker than players his age.

He's in and out of the team which doesn't help. He has a lot of cameo appearances and it's not always easy to get into the flow of a game from the bench (especially in such a frantic and crazy game like today). I think it's also unfair to judge in the period after Christmas when the team was in disarray and established players couldn't even play a simple 10 yard pass.

It's been a strange season in many ways but Origi is the least of our worries. He's shown on more than once occasion that he's got the ability and quality to trouble any defence in the world. Whether he does it depends on a few factors but he's a talented player who deserves our support.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #1497 on: March 19, 2017, 07:06:53 pm »
For people saying he should get a sequence of games - for who exactly?

I've been critical of Firmino at times this season and I do think there were probably one or two opportunities where I'd have started Origi instead of him, but today was a perfect example of why Firmino has been in there this season. Constant tracking back, winning the ball back, getting into good positions, and there were even one or two times when he headed the ball out of danger from an opposing corner kick. If Firmino is to be replaced up top by a striker, I don't think it'll be Origi.

Firmino always plays, and his is a very tiring role too. Could have been rested for the games against the smaller, more physical sides where his playing style is not the best fit.

Other than that, we haven't seen Coutinho in the midfield, have we? People have written off Firmino as a LW but he played fantastically well at times last season (Villareal most notably), the thing is we'd need a pacy leftback to compensate for his lack of pace (the same goes for when Coutinho plays there at home against relegation fodder and we can't penetrate). That would free up the striker role for Origi.

Really, Firmino and Mane seem to play all over the front three. They're all around forwards, so displacing them is not a huge issue. We need(ed) to rotate and today it showed: our option off the bench looked a bit off whilst our starters looked knackered.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #1498 on: March 19, 2017, 07:11:44 pm »
I know lewandoski is obviously a much better striker but if he can play in a klopp all out attacking team there's literally no reason as to why origi couldn't imo.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: March 19, 2017, 07:58:09 pm »

Not good enough to be at the club, any Sunday league player could do what he done today. We wouldn't pay the dough for Lukaku when we had the chance, players are like carpets you get what you pay for.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1500 on: March 19, 2017, 08:40:35 pm »
He's got all the tools but it seems like he really needs a dose of controlled aggression. He's got bags of ability, and pace, height and strength that most players could only dream of...but what he doesn't have is the belief to use them all yet. But then again, look at Didier Drogba, up until age, what, 23/24 he had a barely better than 1 in 6 scoring ratio for Le Mans in the French 2nd division. It can sometimes take a little while for more physical strikers to really get to grips with their own attributes and use them to bully others. It'd be great if he did find that ferocity, though, because that'd be an amazing dimension to add to this team, and would give us the ability to switch between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3.

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #1501 on: March 19, 2017, 08:46:14 pm »
I know lewandoski is obviously a much better striker but if he can play in a klopp all out attacking team there's literally no reason as to why origi couldn't imo.

That's kind of the point though, he's much better at everything. Even Lewandowski of 8 years ago is much better, and a lot of it comes from reading the game. Origi has a lot of talent but if you're off the pace for 90% of the time then it's hard to justify your inclusion. It's frustrating, it's like from about minute 20 against Spurs in the cup earlier this season, he was passive then all of a sudden absolutely dominated them for the rest of the time on the pitch.

He probably needs a loan or we need to do what Chelsea did with Lukaku and move him on but - unlike them - put a buyback clause in any deal.

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #1502 on: March 19, 2017, 08:58:43 pm »
That's kind of the point though, he's much better at everything. Even Lewandowski of 8 years ago is much better, and a lot of it comes from reading the game. Origi has a lot of talent but if you're off the pace for 90% of the time then it's hard to justify your inclusion. It's frustrating, it's like from about minute 20 against Spurs in the cup earlier this season, he was passive then all of a sudden absolutely dominated them for the rest of the time on the pitch.

He probably needs a loan or we need to do what Chelsea did with Lukaku and move him on but - unlike them - put a buyback clause in any deal.

It was more the comparison of being able to have a focal point in this type of system which some people don't seem to think we can have.

I think 90% is harsh, e's clearly a confidence player (understandably so given he's still only 21) so if he got a few games in a row and a couple goals under his belt he can look unplayable (shown that both this season ad last at times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1503 on: March 19, 2017, 09:14:30 pm »
Why are people posting about him after he was unwell and unlikely to even make the game 2 days ago??!!!

I'm not a fan but judging him on today when he was blatantly not at full power is pretty silly

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1504 on: March 19, 2017, 09:16:12 pm »
Why are people posting about him after he was unwell and unlikely to even make the game 2 days ago??!!!

I'm not a fan but judging him on today when he was blatantly not at full power is pretty silly
Actually, that's a very god point....

A reason for him to be off the pace today...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: March 19, 2017, 09:17:42 pm »
This time last year Divock was in beast mode. What a year and not playing regularly makes.  :(

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #1506 on: March 19, 2017, 09:18:57 pm »

Then Woodburn should have come on. Woodburn was excellent in his cameo at home the other day, much more deserving than Origi who's been poor for 99% of this season.

Origi needs a wake up call. He jogs about, head in the clouds. The message from the bench when he came on, should have been to run his fucking arse off, non stop for the time he's on the pitch. I watched 2/3 counter attacks and he was jogging on the half way line. I think the thing people are pissed off with this kid, is that he doesn't seem to put the effort in. Yes he's got potential, but how long can you live on "potential". If he doesn't improve next season expect him to be moved on. I fully expect  us to bring in a proper first choice number 9 in the summer, meaning he'll be 3rd choice, depending on how Klopp views Woodburn. Origi should have been like a fucking  man possesed when he came on today, and he lost every single battle he went into, and barely sprinted. It's not good enough.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1507 on: March 19, 2017, 09:58:03 pm »
He plays sporadically and when he does play sometimes, he's on the wing - and he's no winger.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #1508 on: March 19, 2017, 10:04:12 pm »
Think the lad just needs more time to develop. He was better last season when we played in a much more structured way and at a much slower pace. Origi has all the physical attributes to be good striker for us, but his brain needs time to catch-up with his body. Can has struggled with this, too. Both have spent most of the season playing a second or two behind the regular starters.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:07:52 am by wemmick »

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: March 19, 2017, 10:08:48 pm »
Poor substitute performance again from him, and I am not sure he fits into what Klopp wants from his front three. Mobility, work rate and clever off the ball movement are vital and he seems to be lacking in these areas unfortunately. Cannot see a long term future with us and expect him to be away in the summer.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #1510 on: March 20, 2017, 09:00:21 am »
It was more the comparison of being able to have a focal point in this type of system which some people don't seem to think we can have.

I think 90% is harsh, e's clearly a confidence player (understandably so given he's still only 21) so if he got a few games in a row and a couple goals under his belt he can look unplayable (shown that both this season ad last at times)

Yeah maybe I am. But it's moments like yesterday where he picks up the ball on the break, finds a nice pass to I think Firmino, it's potentially a 3 against 3, but instead of racing forward and making himself available as either a decoy for Mane - who is central - or as a target for a far post cross, he did the square route of nothing. He watched his pass even though the guy was the freshest man on the pitch as well as being one of our most athletic players.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was brought on, not only for fresh legs, but to target their fullbacks in precisely those situations. That he didn't, i don't know, that kind of thing just grates with me.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1511 on: March 20, 2017, 09:02:55 am »
He plays sporadically and when he does play sometimes, he's on the wing - and he's no winger.

He's no striker either though. Not with his abject hold up play and inability to get any shots off.

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #1512 on: March 20, 2017, 09:22:34 am »
Yeah maybe I am. But it's moments like yesterday where he picks up the ball on the break, finds a nice pass to I think Firmino, it's potentially a 3 against 3, but instead of racing forward and making himself available as either a decoy for Mane - who is central - or as a target for a far post cross, he did the square route of nothing. He watched his pass even though the guy was the freshest man on the pitch as well as being one of our most athletic players.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was brought on, not only for fresh legs, but to target their fullbacks in precisely those situations. That he didn't, i don't know, that kind of thing just grates with me.

Fair point, i reckon he was probably just concerned on not losing his man if the ball turned over quickly, either way we'll never know.

I'm surprised there's been this much discussion about him anyway, saw something few weeks back saying he was like 5th or 6th for most goals/assists contributed by a player in the league aged 21 and under. Considering amount of game time he gets thats not bad, the only two players i remember being higher up but would have had less game time were jesus and ihenacho who are both class

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1513 on: March 20, 2017, 09:37:32 am »
Origi is a good young player. One with a huge amount of promise.

He's not finding this last few months easy though and he's struggling a bit. You can almost see the confidence draining away from him.For any player confidence is key. Just look at Coutinho. He's a much more established player but has been struggling for confidence and consistent form for the last 2 months.

Let's not crucify Origi just yet though. He needs our support not people criticising him. Playing for Liverpool is probably one of the hardest gigs in football. You get paid handsomely but we have very little patience. Maybe the 27 years of not winning the league is the reason. Maybe some of our fans want to act the c**t as well. Probably a bit of both.

My advice would be get behind the team. Each and every player. Between now and the end of the season. We have 9 cup finals left. Getting top 4 will be massive and we don't need 'fans' crucifying every player, never mind one who is 21 years old. That support will be particularly from those important fans who go the game and can actually influence how the players feel on a match day.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1514 on: March 20, 2017, 10:27:06 am »
Is he injured?

He came on and looked show against Otamendi of all people, normally Divock is lightning especially considering his size but he looked only about 50% into it yesterday, I remember a moment when we broke for attacks he was on the right wing with Bobby left and Lallana central and he was getting outpaced by those two in like the 80th minute, they started!?!?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1515 on: March 20, 2017, 11:44:00 am »
Where did this idea come from that he's "lightning quick"? He's never been rapid.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1516 on: March 20, 2017, 11:45:52 am »
I don't see the fuss around Origi if I'm honest. I'd love him to prove me wrong but I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a squad player here.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: March 20, 2017, 01:17:07 pm »
I don't see the fuss around Origi if I'm honest. I'd love him to prove me wrong but I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a squad player here.

I take you back to this time last year. Jog any memories for you? Do you remember when he tore Hummels a new one in our matches against Dortmund?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: March 20, 2017, 01:25:46 pm »
I take you back to this time last year. Jog any memories for you? Do you remember when he tore Hummels a new one in our matches against Dortmund?

Think thats the frustrating thing.  He was so bloody good last season!

Don't fully blame the lad on the dip in form this season - reduced opportunities, dip in form that all strikers/ young players experience.

He's got it all in his locker and hopefully will come good.

Like someone else earlier said though the only thing that frustrated me yesterday with him that there was no excuse for was when he passed the ball to Mane (I think) for us to break at speed.  Can't remember who it was, could have been Lallana or Firmino, burst a fucking gut to run from midfield to keep up with Mane and support the attack.  But Origi, who released the pass in the first place, just casually jogged up the pitch, far far behind the attack.  Admittedly, that pissed me off.  Only on, fresh legs, he should have been putting everything into getting into the City box to help.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1519 on: March 20, 2017, 01:29:16 pm »
The difference last year was he used his pace more, got stronger and used his strength. Basically he got stuck in a lot more. This year he hasn't
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker