Author Topic: Exchange for European Aways  (Read 5032 times)

Offline nearly40

• .....even though my profile says 48!
  • Anny Roader
  • KOP stand up! Stand up the KOP!
Exchange for European Aways
« on: January 29, 2016, 06:28:24 pm »
Suggestion:

We now run an exchange for European Aways because the new collection system will add a sufficient  level of security.
'The evidence shows conclusively that Liverpool fans neither caused nor contributed to the deaths of 96 men, women and children.'

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Exchange for European Aways
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 06:31:18 pm »
Suggestion:

We now run an exchange for European Aways because the new collection system will add a sufficient  level of security.
Answer:

No.

Offline nearly40

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 06:37:13 pm »
'The evidence shows conclusively that Liverpool fans neither caused nor contributed to the deaths of 96 men, women and children.'

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 06:41:26 pm »
Because if people want to sort their mates out they will do it outside of the forum. If they are your mates you'll be able to ring them and sort it. To stop credit hunters we will not be offering European away exchanges on here.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 06:42:32 pm »
Why not?

As the actual procurement process hasn't changed. The only thing that's changed is that you collect the ticket instead of getting in post

An exchange for European aways has always been a non-starter on here as per rules here

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=82027.0

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline nearly40

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 06:47:34 pm »
As the actual procurement process hasn't changed. The only thing that's changed is that you collect the ticket instead of getting in post

An exchange for European aways has always been a non-starter on here as per rules here

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=82027.0

Thanks for that.  It seems that the arguments against a European ticket exchange have been negated with the club now agreeing that fans can transfer tickets legitimately.

Just a note on European games:

"Tickets are non-transferrable and must not be passed on to anyone else. Random security checks may be carried out on the turnstiles to check your tickets. All tickets purchased are ultimately the responsibility of the supporter who purchased it.If the ticket has been purchased by a different person, the holder of the ticket and the purchaser may be subject to further investigation by the club that could ultimately result in the club pursuing a ban for each person involved from purchasing tickets for future LFC games. Each case will be viewed on its individual merits."

There will therefore not be ticket exchanges posted for Euro away games.

Offline nearly40

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 06:55:31 pm »
Because if people want to sort their mates out they will do it outside of the forum. If they are your mates you'll be able to ring them and sort it. To stop credit hunters we will not be offering European away exchanges on here.

Still dont get it, you are happy to offer exchanges on domestic cup aways such as Exeter or AFC Wimbledon?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 01:07:22 am »
Still dont get it, you are happy to offer exchanges on domestic cup aways such as Exeter or AFC Wimbledon?

What the club are doing is to stop touts, people buying and not going at all or passing them on.

The exception for naming another has been put in as they know so many have STs not in their name. Not that have suddenly said its OK to pass onto random strangers.

Whether you agree with their method or not (I'm not in agreement as its going to be a huge ball ache), it has had an effect. I know people who usually have spares that have been looking to find people to take their tickets now. I definitely think that the number of credit buyers will be cut.

I'm not a mod or in any position to tell them what to do on this site. But in my opinion a euro away exchange helps to facilitate the credit hunters far more than the people looking for that spare. You might miss out in the short term, but long term it helps to build your own credits.

As I said, not a mod or anything. Just a regular euro away traveller who is sick of seeing "sold out" ends half or quarter full. Or if its a high demand game, seeing regulars outside begging for spares, cos the people who they have used used for spares have used their credits for that game.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:09:34 am by Craig S »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 06:24:39 am »
What the club are doing is to stop touts, people buying and not going at all or passing them on.

The exception for naming another has been put in as they know so many have STs not in their name. Not that have suddenly said its OK to pass onto random strangers.

Whether you agree with their method or not (I'm not in agreement as its going to be a huge ball ache), it has had an effect. I know people who usually have spares that have been looking to find people to take their tickets now. I definitely think that the number of credit buyers will be cut.

I'm not a mod or in any position to tell them what to do on this site. But in my opinion a euro away exchange helps to facilitate the credit hunters far more than the people looking for that spare. You might miss out in the short term, but long term it helps to build your own credits.

As I said, not a mod or anything. Just a regular euro away traveller who is sick of seeing "sold out" ends half or quarter full. Or if its a high demand game, seeing regulars outside begging for spares, cos the people who they have used used for spares have used their credits for that game.

I am a mod and that's all pretty much spot on.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Albert Shears

• Main Stander
  • Rafa Loyalist
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2016, 10:43:38 pm »
Everything above is an obvious fact we know this. Yes it's a shame that regulars can't get into 1/2 empty euro aways- I've managed to get on the ladder only in the last few seasons and go to the games I buy tickets for, and I don't consider myself a regular yet so how regular are they?? However what frustrates me, why is the euro ladder the first to be cleaned up? All other away ladders have been closed markets for several years now and a high percentage of that is from touting and not going to games, people just staying on the ladder. This in turn in my opinion has led to many members, who know they have no chance of getting on any other ladder to do the same for Euro aways, as it's seen to be much easier to get on the euro away ladder than any other. To me there is a great amount of apathy from the club and some fans to do the same for all the other domestic ladders. I'm sorry it's either all ok, or none of it's ok.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 03:05:19 pm »
Any chance of having an exchange for United away.

Nah, messin  :-X
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 09:18:34 pm »
Any chance of having an exchange for United away.

Nah, messin  :-X

Good idea, this is not exactly a Euro away and I can't see there being any credit hunters but a distinct possibility that there maybe some late problems for some people in attending with the early ko.
We are Loyal Supporters