Author Topic: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)  (Read 91529 times)

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
Re: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)
« Reply #680 on: December 3, 2015, 12:29:53 am »
We just need to get Home form sorted now, we put out a stronger team on Sunday against arguably weaker opponents
and scraped home 1 - 0

Yet we play out of our skin against a near full strength Southampton with second choice keeper and a few youngsters getting a run, without Milner, Coutinho, Benteke and Firmino.

Southampton were more expansive in their play so there was more space than against Swansea, but the difference is palpable.

What an incredible change Klopp has made with the same group of players as Rodgers,
I liked Brendan but Klopp is such a better man manager and tactician.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: December 3, 2015, 12:30:25 am »
I think at one stage we had 5 shots on target and scored 5 goals. Did we finish with 7 shots on target and 6 goals. That is some statistic.

Was it Can who spoiled that 100% statistic? Drop him!
Yeah it was 6 shots on target 6 goals right up until injury time.

Can just had to go and ruin it  ;D

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #682 on: December 3, 2015, 12:36:27 am »
He looks like someone split Pirlo open like a Russian nesting doll and found him inside.

If you open Allen up you'll find Jay Spearing with a beard.
:lmao

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #683 on: December 3, 2015, 12:37:33 am »
Are you sure your glasses are working. I have heard KK called some names but I don't think anyone would call him a hottie.......maybe Marina might?

Haha , are you sure yours are ? I wrote "Kelly" not Kenny - she was on the Channel 5 highlights , unless you're trolling  ;D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #684 on: December 3, 2015, 12:38:31 am »
Big shout-out to Lovren.

Nobody`s been more critical of him here than me but last few games he`s been playing lights out. Long may it continue.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #685 on: December 3, 2015, 12:38:53 am »
If a(1)=3, then the recurrence relation is a(n) = 1/2*(n^2 - n + 6),  so we should be scoring 48 in game 10...  :D
Who do we play then? Please let it be Palace, or Villa away to relegate them ;D
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 12:48:57 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #686 on: December 3, 2015, 12:39:36 am »
Big shout-out to Lovren.

Nobody`s been more critical of him here than me but last few games he`s been playing lights out. Long may it continue.

Biggest compliment I can pay him is that I've barely noticed he's playing. As long as he does the basics well that's all that matters

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: December 3, 2015, 12:40:03 am »
That was without Mignolet, Clyne, Sakho, Milner, Coutinho, Firmino and Benteke. 

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: December 3, 2015, 12:41:52 am »
Nice to see some ROI from our Southampton purchases. Lovren was my MOTM.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #689 on: December 3, 2015, 12:43:44 am »
ADAM LALLANA HES WINNING 6-1
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: December 3, 2015, 12:43:49 am »
Just got home.. What a great away! Bunch of vile bastards, they have alot of hatred for us. Just before Studge got his second i think, they were singing the babys not yours to Lallana.. Our second goal promptly shut them up and from then on it was just pure footballing sex. Way too tired to go into detail and pick the bones out of that but it was great :)

Best bit for me was the guy behind me saying to his mate, Origi does not make any runs, 3 seconds later the ball is in the back of the net and Origi has his second. Brilliant!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: December 3, 2015, 12:44:06 am »
Home. Things hurt  ;D

Epic result and at some point I'll try and work out what the fuck went to pot for Southampton as soon as we equalised. We were just amazing and Travelling Kop I salute you again

It was fucking amazing. They got what they deserved after the first few goals went in the smug pricks!

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)
« Reply #692 on: December 3, 2015, 12:45:16 am »
"You eat food off the floor, you eat food of the floor, you scouse bastards, you eat food of the floor"

From that moment fuck the fuck off. And stick that up yourselves you massive, ain't won anything for years, gang of twats

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #693 on: December 3, 2015, 12:47:48 am »
Home.

That was cathartic for me and so grateful I could share it with my boy.  Since Beşiktaş at home in February I'd seen us draw with Blackburn, lose to Utd , lose to Arsenal , lose to Villa, draw with WBA, draw with Chelsea ,  lose to West Ham, draw with Southampton and lose to Palace. Even on the Hodgson run I got lucky with the odd win here and there to ease the pain.

It's one thing to boo returning players but those Southampton fans take it to another level. Pretty vicious

Origi - what amazing confidence a goal brings. Him and Ibe were linking up really well in the end.

3rd time already under Klopp that we've come back from a goal down to win
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 01:00:43 am by gregorio »
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: December 3, 2015, 12:48:31 am »
"You eat food off the floor, you eat food of the floor, you scouse bastards, you eat food of the floor"

From that moment fuck the fuck off. And stick that up yourselves you massive, ain't won anything for years, gang of twats

Yeah I'm not usually one to go mental at the opposition fans, in fact I don't think our away fans are that bad in general, but they got pure shit after those first few and they deserved every bit the horrible bastards.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #695 on: December 3, 2015, 12:48:35 am »
What kind of squad will be used against Sion? Strictly all reserves plus Bogdan?
Hope it's something like this:

Bogdan
Randall Toure Lovren Smith
             Rossiter
     Henderson Allen
  Ibe                   Lallana
              Origi     

And that's not underestimating Sion at all, but rather giving players who are hungry to play plenty of game time to keep them fit, while resting key players for the visit of West Brom. If a similar team can win 6-1 at Saints then a team like this should be strong enough to at least get a draw at Sion.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #696 on: December 3, 2015, 12:48:48 am »

it was 'you northern bastards' wasn't it?

they don't discriminate  :)
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #697 on: December 3, 2015, 12:49:44 am »

Home.

That was cathartic for me and so grateful I could share it with my boy.  Since Beşiktaş at home in February I'd seen us draw with Blackburn, lose to Utd , lose to Arsenal , lose to Villa, draw with WBA, draw with Chelsea ,  lose to West Ham, draw with Southampton and lose to Palace. Even on the Hodgson run I got lucky with the odd win here and there to ease the pain.

It's one thing to boo returning players but those Southampton fans take it to another level. Pretty viscious

Origi - what amazing confidence a goal brings. Him and Ibe were linking up really well in the end.

3rd time already under Klopp that we've come back from a goal down to win
i genuinely thought they would be OK. They were horrible. Glad they got shown up and glad your lad had a good time. Couple little lads behind me who must have had an awesome time.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)
« Reply #698 on: December 3, 2015, 12:50:28 am »
it was 'you northern bastards' wasn't it?

they don't discriminate  :)
haha I was in the middle so I didn't hear, my mates make you correct

Glad they got fucked over anyway

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #699 on: December 3, 2015, 12:51:25 am »
Big shout-out to Lovren.

Glad to see him performing so well. Don't think anybody here was as positive to his signing in 2014 as I was, but even I was starting to have serious doubts after ther West Ham game. Nice to see him taking charge at the back, especially with the way he smashes headers away in potentially scruffy situations.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #700 on: December 3, 2015, 12:52:28 am »

What does that even mean? Terrible stuff.

This is only the second game I've missed this season typically. First was the Sion game and I was in Disneyland so didn't mind too much. This time was to collect my Dad's friend at the airport. Yeah.

Just watched the hour long recap thing on Sky Sports. My God. I've claimed some dodgy ones in my time but the Moreno/Origi one? hahaha....Good luck to the lad. His two "for certain" goals were fucking top drawer.

I'm excited boys!!!!

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: December 3, 2015, 12:53:34 am »
In perspective, it's only been 2 months since The Klopp took charge. 2 months!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: December 3, 2015, 01:00:22 am »
I think we look like a better team without Benteke starting despite his goals. IMO Firmino and Sturridge's movement compliments our players better.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: December 3, 2015, 01:03:15 am »
Really enjoying Lovren's revival here. Knew that deep down he had to be a good enough CB. He really seems to be better suited to a system where he doesn't have to start 10 yards out of his usual position. It looks like he's becoming that leader too, he talks a lot, noticed he gave Randall a lot of encouragement and kudos when he did something right too, and had a go at Bogdan for not claiming a loose ball. Good stuff.

Offline ranimi

• Anny Roader
« Reply #704 on: December 3, 2015, 01:06:39 am »

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #705 on: December 3, 2015, 01:10:16 am »
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think we are seeing the beginning of something special here.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #706 on: December 3, 2015, 01:10:20 am »
After they scored and Wanyama missed a sitter header I thought we were going to get smacked. But once the lads settled down they were immense. The Saints never had another sniff on goal. I can't name a MOTM as I thought it was an amazing team performance. Every player did their part. Sure Sturridge changed the game with his two goals and Origi got 3, but some of the assists were absolute top drawer. Allen's for Sturridge, Can's for Sturridge (pass of the night) and Smith's cross for the final goal was as good a cross as I've seen from a Liverpool player in quite some time. They played as a team!

There is plenty to be excited about at the moment but I think that Jurgen will put a lid on things within the squad. The biggest problem he has though, is how is he going to get all these players game time? There was not a player out there tonight who didn't play well. I suppose it's a nice headache to have and it will be interesting seeing who he names to play against the barcodes. Our bench will be very strong which is great to see. 5 or 6 first teamers didn't play tonight and trying to shoehorn them back into the team will be hard. After this Jurgen will have plenty of faith that he can take an understrength team to Sion for the Europa League and still get the result required to top the group.

The confidence the likes of Origi, Smith, Randall, Allen etc will take out of that game is one thing that can not be overstated. Having Sturridge back is another boost, Henderson too. Things are bright. A big shout out to the travelling Kop as well. If we carried that atmosphere at Anfield I don't think Jurgen would feel alone.  On TV they sounded amazing.

Onwards and upwards.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #707 on: December 3, 2015, 01:12:37 am »
some of the best assists i've ever seen.

we can win the lot this season.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #708 on: December 3, 2015, 01:12:37 am »
Klopp has ruined that. All I hear now is 'Boss Ta!'

Hopefully someone's given him the proper pronunciation , surprised the little kid didn't - he was cheeky enough !

He gave him the "Lern yerself Scouse" book at the end if the interview so he should get better  ;D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #709 on: December 3, 2015, 01:13:46 am »
I think we look like a better team without Benteke starting despite his goals. IMO Firmino and Sturridge's movement compliments our players better.
Actually, I was thinking to myself in the opening 25minutes (before Sturridge's equaliser) that we could have used Benteke in this game. Neither our passing nor our long balls were sticking up front so we were struggling to break up field, and Benteke would have helped immensely in that regard. There's only so much Origi or Sturridge could do to hold high balls up against Caulker and Van Dijk.

Obviously we turned it around, but I think Benteke will be a crucial player for us this season, even if we probably won't play Brazil-1970's football with him in the team. The way he came on and bossed Chelsea is a perfect example of the impact he can have if we use him correctly and in the right situations.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: December 3, 2015, 01:15:28 am »
Brilliant, what else can you say. It's fun waiting for the games again.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: December 3, 2015, 01:15:49 am »
Cheeky pass to Smith from Lovren for the 6th  :)

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: December 3, 2015, 01:17:47 am »
I love that sort of destruction.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #713 on: December 3, 2015, 01:19:24 am »
Cheeky pass to Smith from Lovren for the 6th  :)

Smith's cross was brilliant, absolutely on a plate for Origi.

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #714 on: December 3, 2015, 01:20:07 am »
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: December 3, 2015, 01:22:45 am »
Allen!!!!
Lovren!!

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #716 on: December 3, 2015, 01:29:24 am »
Home.

Can you stop going to watch us, you are bad luck ;)

but glad you broke the hoodoo

Online Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #717 on: December 3, 2015, 01:41:00 am »
I might not be the first to say it, but I was well against this kit given the inauspicious debut against Stoke - a 6-1 reverse. Given this reverse of the 6-1 with a wonderfully symmetric beauty, I may well buy it.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: December 3, 2015, 01:43:49 am »

Alright I will. Hope youre right  ;D

Offline Ross :)

• Kemlynite
  • Superkop. Meet the kop, that can't be stopped.
« Reply #719 on: December 3, 2015, 01:48:41 am »
Better tonight or against Chelsea?
Wily