Author Topic: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)  (Read 91676 times)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)
« Reply #841 on: December 3, 2015, 10:25:29 am »
Sturridge class above, but we already knew that. The way he shut up the morons calling for him to be sold was sweet.

I haven't called for Sturridge to be sold but I'm pretty sure anyone who was wasn't doubting his quality. More so his durability.

He'll probably 'shut up the morons calling for him to be sold' when he can play 15-20 games without injury.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: December 3, 2015, 10:27:55 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U0N1Xutbb_4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U0N1Xutbb_4</a>
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: December 3, 2015, 10:28:14 am »
About the same time the TV camera panned to Klopp to show the normal grin on his face was being replaced with a huge angry frown was about the same time the team decided they did not want to head in at HT to a massive grilling. Honestly if I turned the TV off at minute 24 and someone told me later that night the result was 6-1, I would have asked who scored the goal for Liverpool? Southampton, like the rest of us, just found out that a game can be turned on a sixpence and Sturridge had it in his pocket last night. In a matter of two minutes we won that game last night and hats off to Allen & especially Can for seeing the space that Sturridge wanted the pass as the lad gives the team that option where the likes of Formino, Lallana & Co probably would not.

Anyhoo what an outstanding result and the team / fans should be bouncing with confidence today. Also hats off to the young lads for really doing the biz as Origi will be floating on clouds today I bet....note to himself, more of that is required please as the talent is there just keep working hard at it lad (s).

« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 10:30:15 am by fowlermagic »
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline cadders1975

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #844 on: December 3, 2015, 10:30:04 am »
Origi's hat-trick is a great start to his scoring for us.

Not sure why but nobody has pointed out it was a perfect Hat-trick too.

Left for his flick from Albie's shot

Right for the pile driver

Header from Albie again

Great team performance but over the moon for the lad, should give him real confidence moving forward!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #845 on: December 3, 2015, 10:32:36 am »
Nothing wrong with calling the Carling Cup a mickey mouse trophy.

Some people's arrogance to this trophy is ridiculous.
There are 5 trophies up for grabs every season;
1. The League
You can count on one hand the amount of team that have a 'realistic' chance of winning the league.

2. The CL
You would have had to have finished in the top 4 to even be in the competition in the first place and once in you are hard pressed to look beyond Barca and BM.

3. The FAC
The Great Leveller.

4. Uefa
You would have needed to finish in the top 6, top 7 if an extra place opens up and the long shot is being the best behaved team in the team.

5. The League cup

So why people piss on the League Cup is anyone's business. It's silverware. If you aren't in the game to win trophies then why bother?
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 01:28:20 pm by spider-neil »

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: December 3, 2015, 10:34:30 am »
Whats the 6th? ;)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #847 on: December 3, 2015, 10:35:02 am »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #848 on: December 3, 2015, 10:35:39 am »

Header from Albie again

Great team performance but over the moon for the lad, should give him real confidence moving forward!
Great way for him to get off the mark, the ball in for his third was from Smith though, and what a ball it was. Smith looks a talent, just from the few games I've seen him. I really hope he can become a regular first team option at left back, we need it.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #849 on: December 3, 2015, 10:35:56 am »

Header from Albie again

Header was from a fantastic Smith cross
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: December 3, 2015, 10:42:31 am »
Never have i seen us possess such quality depth like this before. It's staggering.

We had Coutinho, Benteke, Firmino, Milner, Sakho, Clyne, Ings, Henderson, Ibe and whoever else either on the bench or injured.

And we just casually go and beat a full strength Southampton side on their own patch 6-1.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #851 on: December 3, 2015, 10:45:06 am »
What encourages me with the Origi goals is that they were all a proper strikers finishes. A toe poke to redirect a shot on the edge of the six yard box, a diagonal run and powerful finish and a header from the edge of the six yard box. They’re all goals that he will continue to score if he keeps making those runs and getting into those positions.

They showed a strikers instinct that we haven’t really seen in his previous games. Rodgers was full of enthusiasm when we signed him and until now we hadn’t seen enough but he showed his class last night.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: December 3, 2015, 10:45:34 am »

What does everyone think was the best goal.
. I hand it to Sturridge  for his first. Scoring from that angle is really difficult.

I thought Sturridge's second, because Can's little flick and outside of the boot pass, then the first-touch finish, were absolutely ridiculous.

Then Ibe's goal was my other favourite because everything about it is of the highest quality, from the backheel (was it Origi or Can?), to Moreno's run, to Ibe's control and finish.

The best thing for me was that all the goals were superb in their own right.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: December 3, 2015, 10:46:41 am »
Yeah, he had a very good game.

Instead of his normal side ways passes he was more about moving the ball forwards and linking up with attacking play.

Will be interesting to see if he keeps his place in Sunday with Can being out. If not then I fear for his future here.

FORDY- Slying negative opinions within positive comments since 2012.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: December 3, 2015, 10:48:57 am »
...especially if you're a Mickey Mouse fan.

They're obviously not the ones who enjoy a day out in Wembley ;)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #855 on: December 3, 2015, 10:51:37 am »
Or time to develop because he's young, eh?
Indeed...was my point.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #856 on: December 3, 2015, 10:53:51 am »
Very disappointed to see there wasn't a pitch invasion.

#travellingsupportout!
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #857 on: December 3, 2015, 10:54:03 am »

Instead of his normal side ways passes he was more about moving the ball forwards and linking up with attacking play.

Will be interesting to see if he keeps his place in Sunday with Can being out. If not then I fear for his future here.

What's to fear? The benefit of all these games is that all these players are being used relatively regularly. It's not a case of being dropped, it's about using the squad.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: December 3, 2015, 10:55:50 am »
anyone have a link to highlights or full game please?
We have a video thread for this. Every game.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: December 3, 2015, 10:57:53 am »

Allen has just shown how good he is in the last two games. Your fear is misplaced.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #860 on: December 3, 2015, 10:58:13 am »
I thought Ibe was cup tied - how come he played?

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #861 on: December 3, 2015, 10:59:04 am »
Nothing wrong with calling the Carling Cup a mickey mouse trophy. We could have had that great performance in any game theoretically. I don't think the competition made that happen.

It was an amazing performance and that but he quite rightly rested players and rotated the squad. Sturridge played because he needed game time, etc. This performance was achieved by not playing our strongest team so Klopp was fairly sensible, which most people would be happy given that this is more of a distraction than anything.

FA Cup, Europe and League are the things that matter. Everything else is just practice.

You implied in the pre-match thread that you wanted us to lose, which is fucking moronic given there's now three games left to play in the competition if we get that far and one of them is a cup final.  I had no problem whatsoever with rotating the squad as it was still a strong team, but why on earth would you 'want rid of it'?
It might be fourth in our list of priorities, but every game matters, and not wanting us to win a trophy is ridiculous.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: December 3, 2015, 11:01:31 am »
Origi has it all. Except one thing

A strikers instinct. He hasn't naturally got it so Klopp and co have a lot of work to do with him.

His main weakness imo is knowing where to be and to follow shots up. He could of had another last night when the keeper pushed it out but he had stopped as soon as Can had the shot. He really needs to change this mentality.

Saying that he's got everything else. Skill, pace, work rate, power, a good shot, etc

I'd argue the opposite to be honest. I think he showed last night he has got a striker's instinct. His movement wasn't too bad when he drifted into the box to finish his hat trick off. You say about him not knowing the right place to be, but surely that's the case with 90% of young footballers who are learning the game. That'll come with time and experience. I was very impressed with him last night and I'd be tempted to make sure he gets more time at Newcastle because I can't see Sturridge being ready for another hour or so in 4 days.

He's very raw but I think he's got all the tools he needs to become a big player for us. The best thing for him is Sturridge coming back and scoring goals because it'll take the pressure off him massively. He can continue being the 3rd choice striker that plays without the pressure of being responsible for winning games on a regular basis.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: December 3, 2015, 11:02:36 am »
Daniel Sturridge absolutely scores the first goal against the run of play. They were all over us at that point and Wagamama really should have put them 2-0. That is why strikers like Sturridge are crucial, 1 chance 1 goal - St. Mary's silent. The second goal absolutely kills them.

And this is why I rate Sturridge ahead of the likes of Lukaku.  The former is a game changer and a match winner in his own right; I don't think the latter is at that stage yet, although his presence generally lifts his team and gives them confidence.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: December 3, 2015, 11:03:29 am »
Never have i seen us possess such quality depth like this before. It's staggering.

The squad is shite as are the players don't you know.. 8)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #865 on: December 3, 2015, 11:04:10 am »

I think it has something to do with Flanno being back from Fiorentina.

Online xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: December 3, 2015, 11:05:44 am »
so the treble is on then? :champ

I thought Sturridge's second, because Can's little flick and outside of the boot pass, then the first-touch finish, were absolutely ridiculous.

Then Ibe's goal was my other favourite because everything about it is of the highest quality, from the backheel (was it Origi or Can?), to Moreno's run, to Ibe's control and finish.

The best thing for me was that all the goals were superb in their own right.

It was origi who backheeled to Moreno

And Moreno with the intelligence and ability to carry the ball forward into the Saints box, have a look up to see who is inside the box and execute a chipped pass to Ibe who was loitering just inside the Saints box. Ibe almost scored from almost a similar move vs Swansea but slipped at the worst possible time. If I were Koeman, I'll be livid at the amount of time and space that Moreno and Ibe got before the cut back and shot.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: December 3, 2015, 11:05:45 am »
Are there highlights anywhere?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: December 3, 2015, 11:06:28 am »
Nothing wrong with calling the Carling Cup a mickey mouse trophy. We could have had that great performance in any game theoretically. I don't think the competition made that happen.

It was an amazing performance and that but he quite rightly rested players and rotated the squad. Sturridge played because he needed game time, etc. This performance was achieved by not playing our strongest team so Klopp was fairly sensible, which most people would be happy given that this is more of a distraction than anything.

FA Cup, Europe and League are the things that matter. Everything else is just practice.

How the bloody hell is it a Mickey Mouse trophy? That type of tripe is usually banded about by fans of clubs that never win anything. I don't care what trophy is up for grabs, if we're the ones that win it then I'm delighted. Are you saying you weren't over the moon to see Kenny and Stevie parading the very same trophy around Wembley in 2012?

I doubt the board sat down with Rodgers or Klopp and said we need to go all out to win the League Cup but I bet there was mention of winning a trophy this season and this one counts just as much as any other.

Winning trophies is a habit that I want us to get back into. It'll be a massive lift to the players to have one in the bag by late February and who knows where that could push us to.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: December 3, 2015, 11:07:50 am »

Nah, that was Denis Cheryshev mate.

Offline tepy75

• Kopite
« Reply #871 on: December 3, 2015, 11:08:26 am »
Heavy metal football orgy

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: December 3, 2015, 11:11:12 am »
I'd argue the opposite to be honest. I think he showed last night he has got a striker's instinct. His movement wasn't too bad when he drifted into the box to finish his hat trick off. You say about him not knowing the right place to be, but surely that's the case with 90% of young footballers who are learning the game. That'll come with time and experience. I was very impressed with him last night and I'd be tempted to make sure he gets more time at Newcastle because I can't see Sturridge being ready for another hour or so in 4 days.

He's very raw but I think he's got all the tools he needs to become a big player for us. The best thing for him is Sturridge coming back and scoring goals because it'll take the pressure off him massively. He can continue being the 3rd choice striker that plays without the pressure of being responsible for winning games on a regular basis.

If he had, he'd have scored more goals, not for us but for Lille.

He has great attributes. But for me he doesn't have what Suarez had in abundance. That desire and hunger to score a goal. Suarez was pissed if he hadn't scored and put everything on the line to score, took risks. I don't see that from Origi just yet.   

He's got to gamble on situations more
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: December 3, 2015, 11:12:46 am »
Heavy metal football orgy

Heavy metal football Origi!

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: December 3, 2015, 11:13:20 am »
If he had, he'd have scored more goals, not for us but for Lille.

He has great attributes. But for me he doesn't have what Suarez had in abundance. That desire and hunger to score a goal. Suarez was pissed if he hadn't scored and put everything on the line to score, took risks. I don't see that from Origi just yet.   

He's got to gamble on situations more

He's 20 years old!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: December 3, 2015, 11:16:41 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U0N1Xutbb_4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U0N1Xutbb_4</a>
He's quality ain't he ;D

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #877 on: December 3, 2015, 11:18:45 am »
Liverpool is  playing much better now, compared to  when Luis Suarez was on the team.

:lmao

Welcome back mate!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: December 3, 2015, 11:19:22 am »
I'm already planning a weekender in London for the final, i really really hope Everton somehow get through - nothing more enjoyable than beating them at wemberleee.

Never understood people calling the league cup mickey mouse. Clearly they don't go the games because a day out at wembley and a trophy is always something to get excited about.

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #879 on: December 3, 2015, 11:20:09 am »
Daniel Sturridge absolutely scores the first goal against the run of play. They were all over us at that point and Wagamama really should have put them 2-0. That is why strikers like Sturridge are crucial, 1 chance 1 goal - St. Mary's silent. The second goal absolutely kills them.

Totally this.. Reminded me of 2 seasons ago when him and Suarez could score at will. That feeling of going a couple of goals behind and KNOWING that we still have a chance of getting a result is very powerful. Mix in with some Klopp magic dust and a defence that also believes in itself (most of the time) and the future is indeed looking very good.