Author Topic: The Knick  (Read 6591 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Knick
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2015, 01:50:46 pm »
Man, wow, just watched the season 2 finale.  Superb, dark and depressing all rolled into one.

Spoiler
Gallinger in regards to his new job in Eugenics...first stop Germany..Holy shit!!

Also, I wouldn't stake my mortgage on Thack being dead.

As Yiannis alludes to above, the Writers, Soderbergh and Cinemax are now getting together to decide where they take The Knick next. 

Please let there be a 3rd season!!!

[close]

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2016, 11:31:02 pm »
Just watched the finale, thought it was brilliant! Got told the other day that Soderbergh isn't doing another season so if that's it then it was ended well.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2016, 12:06:27 pm »
Nothing is sure yet but it would be a bit difficult to go on after THAT ending.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 02:36:24 pm »
Nothing is sure yet but it would be a bit difficult to go on after THAT ending.

Just watched the finale, thought it was brilliant! Got told the other day that Soderbergh isn't doing another season so if that's it then it was ended well.

But I want to see   
Spoiler
Gallinger get his comeuppance the bastard. I NEED it!!
[close]

If that is indeed the end of The Knick then...

Spoiler
Shit! that was one depressing ending :(
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2016, 11:53:03 am »
But I want to see   
Spoiler
Gallinger get his comeuppance the bastard. I NEED it!!
[close]

If that is indeed the end of The Knick then...

Spoiler
Shit! that was one depressing ending :(
[close]

He would be a perfect Nazi ideologist/doctor/torturer

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2016, 01:21:45 pm »

He would be a perfect Nazi ideologist/doctor/torturer

I'm assuming that is where it was going when he got offered the job in Germany?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 02:53:33 pm »
I'm assuming that is where it was going when he got offered the job in Germany?

Aye, when Gallinger was heading out to Germany to preach Eugenics to the masses, Adolf Hitler would have just been entering his teen years.

I took it the show was implying that Gallinger was about to embark on a journey that would influence the Holocaust.

It was the most shocking and thought provoking bit of the finale for me

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 04:25:54 pm »
Half way through the second series. Honestly think this is one of my favourite series of all time. The mood, pace and feeling of the whole thing are perfect. The story lines are great and there are standout performances all over the place. The big irish fella and the nun are cracking.

The only downside for me is ive just found out nurse gallinger is Bonos daughter.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 04:33:07 pm »
Half way through the second series. Honestly think this is one of my favourite series of all time. The mood, pace and feeling of the whole thing are perfect. The story lines are great and there are standout performances all over the place. The big irish fella and the nun are cracking.

The only downside for me is ive just found out nurse gallinger is Bonos daughter.

Nurse Elkins. Jesus, didn't know that. She's tasty like.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 04:52:54 pm »
Nurse Elkins. Jesus, didn't know that. She's tasty like.

Oh yeah thats the one...

Anyway, proper killed it for me.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2016, 11:43:44 pm »
Absolutely hated Gallinger towards the end, proper hatred but I think him not being caught up by karma is important as at the time he probably would have got away with all the shit he did. The series had so many great little historical nods, Gallinger going to Germany to preach eugenics, the 2 young heirs getting involved with Gasoline and the subways, and I especially loved Edwards starting psychiatry work with the addict, those final words of "tell me about them", really gave me a little smile.

Fantastic season and fantastic show, hope it's not done as this really could have some brilliant contextual story lines but at the same time don't want it to be stretched too far.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 2, 2016, 09:07:14 am »
Absolutely terrific. Just saw the season 2-finale.

Spoiler
Hope there'll be no third season actually. This ended sublimely. Don't want them to stretch it.
[close]
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #52 on: February 2, 2016, 12:32:00 pm »
Same here. Had the same feeling two days ago when I finished watching London Spy.
Spoiler
People wanted it to go on after that ending but that wasn't the creator's intention and the stretching would have been inevitable.
[close]

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2016, 10:00:53 pm »
Just finished season 2......man alive, just terrific....dark, disturbing - nothing else remotely like it on TV, and hats off to Clive Owen, what a performance as Thackray.....can understand some saying they'd like to end it there but it's of such quality I really hope it continues......
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2016, 12:19:20 am »
Clive Owen deserved an Emmy for his performance over the two seasons.
Spoiler
That junky performance early on in Season 2. Wow...
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 4, 2016, 10:32:42 am »
oooh. Bit of exciting news fellow 'The Knick' fans.

Script has been ordered and a 3rd season is currently under review.  Cinemax have been in conversations with Steven Soderbergh as to how they might continue the show.

Ok, its probably a long shot but here is hope and nobody has categorically come out and said its NOT going to happen.  Clive Owen has been coy on the fate of his character at the end of season 2 too.

Please make it happen Cinemax!!

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-knick-season-3-cinemax-clive-owen-steven-soderbergh-1201662770/

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 4, 2016, 10:33:37 am »
I hope it happens.
This show has been so refreshing.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #57 on: November 4, 2016, 11:09:46 am »
oooh. Bit of exciting news fellow 'The Knick' fans.

Script has been ordered and a 3rd season is currently under review.  Cinemax have been in conversations with Steven Soderbergh as to how they might continue the show.

Ok, its probably a long shot but here is hope and nobody has categorically come out and said its NOT going to happen.  Clive Owen has been coy on the fate of his character at the end of season 2 too.

Really?  I'm pretty sure of Thackery's fate myself (spoiler - he did a medical whoopsie on his own aorta during surgery, so, you know...)

I'm sure Cornelia's house is fine too.  Just a small chimney fire, I guess.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 4, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »
Really?  I'm pretty sure of Thackery's fate myself (spoiler - he did a medical whoopsie on his own aorta during surgery, so, you know...)

I'm sure Cornelia's house is fine too.  Just a small chimney fire, I guess.

yeah your right. Teach me for not reading the article properly. Think the excitement got to me and I was holding out for some Bobby Ewing style re-incarnation.

Looks like they are trying to decide if the show is worth continuing without Thack.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #59 on: November 4, 2016, 02:54:27 pm »
Just continue it for nurse Elkins.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #60 on: November 4, 2016, 03:14:52 pm »

Best thing Bono's ever produced.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #61 on: November 5, 2016, 09:07:56 am »

Yes please. Don't care she turned into a right bitch.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2017, 04:14:59 pm »
Cinemax have told us pretty much what we expected although I did hold faint hope for a 3rd series. Alas not to be :(

“After a critically acclaimed two-season run of THE KNICK on Cinemax, we will not be going forward with additional episodes of the series,” said Kary Antholis, president, HBO Miniseries and Cinemax Programming. “Despite our pride in and affection for the series, as well as our respect for and gratitude towards Steven Soderbergh and his team, we have decided to return Cinemax to its original primetime series fare of high-octane action dramas, many of which will be internationally co-produced.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-knick-cancelled-season-3-cinemax-1202014854/

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #63 on: May 2, 2017, 11:16:15 am »
I think that was about the third time they announced it's cancelled. We get it, it's not coming back.

My tv nerd came out when I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2 over the weekend. I saw Chris Sullivan's name appear at the start and said to myself 'Ah, Mister Cleary got some Marvel money, that's nice'.