Author Topic: RAWK Round Table Man City 2-1 Liverpool  (Read 16475 times)

Offline kred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: RAWK Round Table Man City 2-1 Liverpool
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2013, 12:52:57 pm »
Yeah Henderson and Sakho got into a bit of a mess there again - it should be down to Sakho to communicate that? Or is it not man-to-man. I don't know, but it was 2v1 at the back post again and there's a lot of space in front of those Man City players before you see Mignolet (who's not going to attack the ball if it looks like it's dropping there).

The worse thing is, in that goal, if they play the deeper ball, they probably score it as well. The fact they played it near post, where Kompany and Skrtel are battling it out actually gave us a better chance to get it out. It still ends up in the back of the net.

Anyway, a clean sheet today with solid defending of set pieces would be good.

Makes one wonder who is running the show at the back.  Really, who was organising defense for set piece?  Cardiff goal the same case. 

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2013, 12:56:52 pm »
Really impressed with our overall performance. You need a bit of luck sometimes to win these big games - we didnt get any.

Disappointed in how the goals were conceded - not much more to say that hasnt already been said i.e. setpiece defending

You could see Rodgers was fuming after the game, he knows that on another day we could got something out of it - hugely encouraging, shows we can hold our own against the top teams.

Roll on 4pm :)

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2013, 01:05:57 pm »
You need a bit of luck in these games - and they got it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2013, 01:08:57 pm »
We should have gotten something out of this match but sometimes these things happen in football, especially in the big matches where thing are very tight.

City are talked about as being the favourites for the title and the best team in the league, so what does that make us then? I think we are in with a shout that's  for sure.

I'm quietly confident going into today's game, but again it will be tight.  I just hope we can take our chances today which will take any dodgy decisions out of the equation.

Come on you reds!!  :scarf

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2013, 02:29:17 pm »
The amount of players on the post depends on what the goalie prefers, maybe he likes an extra man to content the ball, Lucas is this case.
The smallest players guard the post because the tallest have to mark the tall players of the opposition and are usually the best defensive headers..

The number of players on the posts depends not on what the keeper prefers, but how the team is set up to defend.

Allen did not fail to clear the ball because it was too high for him, or he failed to jump. It came to him too sharply and from a difficult angle. It first made contact somewhere below his head, while he was still basically on the ground.
Ludi Circenses!