Author Topic: PREVIEW: Fulham v Liverpool - Sunday 12 May - 15.00 k/o  (Read 29793 times)

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PREVIEW: Fulham v Liverpool - Sunday 12 May - 15.00 k/o
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2013, 02:11:02 pm »
That's really not unusual for us, seems like we always have the most shots on at goal in the league.

Unfortunately.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2013, 02:11:53 pm »
After Rodgers' recent comments RE: Skrtel, there's no way he would have left Skrtel out.

Definitely believe he's ill. Unlucky for him.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2013, 02:11:56 pm »
Maybe change of formation? If bigbear is right

Oh and PoP will be happy!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2013, 02:13:16 pm »
It will be that.

‏@LFC 12m
We believe #LFC will line up with three centre-backs in Carragher, Wisdom and Coates - and Johnson and Downing operating as wing-backs

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2013, 02:15:16 pm »
The Reds team in full: Reina, Johnson, Downing, Wisdom, Coates, Carragher, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Coutinho, Sturridge. Subs: B Jones, Enrique, Assaidi, Borini, Suso, Coady, L Jones.

Lloyd Jones? I know nothing about this kid.

Anyone enlighten me?
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »
‏@LFC 12m
We believe #LFC will line up with three centre-backs in Carragher, Wisdom and Coates - and Johnson and Downing operating as wing-backs

Can't see it, but we'll find out in 45 minutes.

I guess we have nothing to lose, so maybe we will do that. We went to 5-3-2/3-5-2 against Everton in the last 20 minutes.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2013, 02:15:49 pm »
The Reds team in full: Reina, Johnson, Downing, Wisdom, Coates, Carragher, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Coutinho, Sturridge. Subs: B Jones, Enrique, Assaidi, Borini, Suso, Coady, L Jones.

Anyone enlighten me?

He's tall.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2013, 02:16:08 pm »
The fact that injuries/illness to 2 of our centre halves and a possible injury to Enrique, means that we find Lloyd Jones on the bench, is quite worrying. We definitely need to sign 2 centre halves during the summer, even if Skrtel stays, as Wisdom should be looking at a season of Championship football imo.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2013, 02:16:19 pm »
Glad we are playing a more experimental line-up. We can't really go any higher up or down, so we need to use these next two games, regardless of the result to give some players an opportunity. Shame about Skrtel being ill.

Anyone enlighten me?

17 year old centre-back.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2013, 02:16:48 pm »

Anyone enlighten me?
Young centre back. Wales youth international. Much promise

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2013, 02:16:49 pm »
I'm fine with Jones on the bench and getting a taster of what the first team is about, not expecting him to get barring injuries but if it gives him a massive lift and realisation that he needs to be working on his game and buckling down even more then I'm all for it. With nothing seemingly to play for Rodgers is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't when it comes to giving people a chance...Lets get behind them Ynwa

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2013, 02:17:44 pm »
Coates hasn't played a minute in the league all year and now has to step in today. That's the problem with not keeping players involved. A bit similar with Shelvey as him or Henderson haven't had a chance in the deeper role since the early weeks of the season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2013, 02:17:54 pm »
Can't see it, but we'll find out in 45 minutes.

I guess we have nothing to lose, so maybe we will do that. We went to 5-3-2/3-5-2 against Everton in the last 20 minutes.

Away game vs Chelsea we had 3 at the back too, and vs Anzhi away iirc

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2013, 02:18:13 pm »
Here's the plan B everyone! And not a ponytail in sight!
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »
So will he go for Hendo/Shelvey/Lucas in the middle or one of the two supporting Sturridge with Coutinho?

Hope he goes for 3 in the middle

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2013, 02:19:56 pm »
Would have liked to see Coady in there some how but thats a good line up. Lets do it for Carragher

Really? I'm struggling to remember a poorer one, even in the domestic cups.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2013, 02:20:39 pm »
Coates hasn't played a minute in the league all year and now has to step in today. That's the problem with not keeping players involved. A bit similar with Shelvey as him or Henderson haven't had a chance in the deeper role since the early weeks of the season.
As soon as our Europa League and Cups journey ended, it was the end of opportunities for fringe players unfortunately. You can't really blame Rodgers for that.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:12 pm »
Here's the plan B everyone! And not a ponytail in sight!

Wouldn't be surprised if Enrique turned up with one!!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Right Said Red

• I'm too self-righteous for this Orum! Not an expert. Monumental Idiot.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:19 pm »
I like the team selection.

We have little to play for, have a few injuries, so let's experiment and give some youth a chance.  Players who deserve another chance in Shelvey, Wisdom and Coates.

3-5-2 should hopefully give Coutinho a free role behind Sturridge, which is exciting after seeing it at Newcastle away. 

It also allows Shelvey and Henderson to play central, as both deserve that chance.

I think we're going to have a good performance and win.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:29 pm »

Anyone enlighten me?

He's shit, error prone, too short, slow, turns slower than my nan, can't head, poor positional sense, get rid

or

He's boss him, never misses a header, big, tall lad, superb on the ball, needs to start most games
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »

It's an interesting one. It should make the best use of Coutinho and Sturridge.

The closer Coutinho is to goal the better if you ask me. Straight behind Sturridge, even better!

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2013, 02:22:27 pm »
Considering Sterling,Agger,Suarez,Skrtel,Gerrard are missing its a pretty alright line up. Expected to see Wisdom or Coates for Agger/Skrtel and Shelvey for Gerrard. If Enrique played it would be a bit stronger but can't complain about that set up.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2013, 02:23:00 pm »
As soon as our Europa League and Cups journey ended, it was the end of opportunities for fringe players unfortunately. You can't really blame Rodgers for that.

Not like we've been playing for much in the league. We could have looked more towards the future.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2013, 02:23:56 pm »
It's an interesting one. It should make the best use of Coutinho and Sturridge.

The closer Coutinho is to goal the better if you ask me. Straight behind Sturridge, even better!

There'll be a lot of space for Coutinho toady, he'll kill them on the counter attack.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2013, 02:24:34 pm »
Very weak side that. Be nice for a win but I think Fulham may have this one.
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2013, 02:25:14 pm »
Not like we've been playing for much in the league. We could have looked more towards the future.
Yeah but you know before the Everton game had he just said fuck it I will play some kids and out of favour players like he did in Europa everyone would be at his neck. Brendan always said he wanted to finish as high as possible. So that means playing your first team players.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2013, 02:25:28 pm »

You haven't even seen how they've played yet, and you're talking as though they'll do shite.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2013, 02:26:05 pm »

I really don't think Rodgers can win sometimes.

Up until recently we've had realistic aspirations of getting a Europa League spot and Rodgers was right to use the players he did.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2013, 02:27:55 pm »

And then you'd have moaned if we'd done crap.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2013, 02:29:11 pm »
I really don't think Rodgers can win sometimes.

He really can't and never will with some people.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2013, 02:29:18 pm »
A stark reminder of how thin our squad is when you take out just a couple of players

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2013, 02:29:52 pm »
Shame for skrtel hope he'll be fit for the final game. Hope shelvey has a good game, he shouldn't try to make an instant impact its all about playing a natural game

COMON U REDMEN!!!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2013, 02:34:50 pm »
I really pity some of you fuckers, I really do.

With nothing to play for and nothing on this game, Ive just got a few beers in, looking forward to watching us with the pressure off, just enjoying football for what it is.

But no.

Some of you are pissing your knickers, furrowed brows and hangmans nooses at the ready, analysing every little "but what if..." "why is he doing this..." "wouldnt it be better if...."

FUCK OFF!!

I am glad for you that your lives are so devoid of worries that you have to invent some so you can throw your little fucking tantrums. Mean while, before the stresses of the working week start again, I'm going to enjoy this for what it is. A game of football involving my favourite team.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Scouserpool

• Legacy Fan
  • https://twitter.com/Thommas86
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2013, 02:36:51 pm »
He's got decent potential, he's a tall lad so hopefully he'll develop aerially and will also need to improve his distribution. He's very young and very raw, he's certainly nowhere near ready making his debut.

Cheers for that, mate :)
PSN: delete_one

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life." Brendan Rodgers

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2013, 02:37:28 pm »
A stark reminder of how thin our squad is when you take out just a couple of players

Agger, Suarez, Gerrard, Borini, Allen, Enrique, sterling, skrtel

We're not far from a whole 11 and close to the core of our side pre Christmas with some of the players out injured or on the bench today. Not really just one or two
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2013, 02:37:37 pm »
Stewards here are bastards. Not letting any banners through  >:(
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »
Had a dream last night tht we were going three at the back and that we won 4-2. Make it a reality lads.
:scarf
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2013, 02:38:39 pm »
Bit experimental but still confident, COME ON YOU REDMEN!

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2013, 02:39:00 pm »

Hide under your beard or did they search that and all?  :D
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2013, 02:39:10 pm »

That is crap, make sure to give Fulham fans a good showing of the traveling Kop's voice!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.