Author Topic: RAWK Soccer Manager League Season 17!  (Read 250602 times)

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
Re: RAWK Soccer Manager League Season 17!
« Reply #3720 on: April 24, 2017, 06:33:41 pm »
Just on that Bayern team and my own situation, there wasn't a conspiracy. Not on my end or the Bayern managers part anyway. I twigged later than others he was selling his players. He wasn't telling people he was quitting, or at least he didn't tell me so there wasn't collusion. Can see your point if you felt left out of it though.

Oh dear...and 'left out of it'? I know you can read, so why would I want any part of it?  :lmao

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3721 on: April 24, 2017, 06:35:17 pm »
Oh dear...and 'left out of it'? I know you can read, so why would I want any part of it?  :lmao
You didn't bid on any Bayern players when he was selling up??

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3722 on: April 24, 2017, 07:00:11 pm »
I started with a squad worse than raw dogshit! I had one 90 rated player, that was the awesome Artur Boruc! And...yes..I did build it all myself from there

I took over Lazio and wasn't there from the start so my apologies if you did indeed build your side from the ground up through trading alone. Fair play.

Which deals in particular upset you?

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3723 on: April 24, 2017, 07:12:31 pm »

You don't half have a high opinion of yourself. Pride this, pride that. I suppose you don't remember all the god awful offers you made me as a new manager in an attempt to prise the best players in my side away from me? Was that building your side the proper way?

On the Bayern firesale, I guess you've also never picked up players from other managerless teams? Pretty sure you outbid me for Leno when the Leverkusen manager jumped ship. Was that the wrong way of building? Money is also far from worthless when you don't have the luxury of managing a traditinally large team. I have an extremely limited budget and work hard to make money from doing deals with teams around me to keep my side competitive. So when I bid my maximum on Koke or whoever it was, that was literally everything West Ham had.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3724 on: April 24, 2017, 07:26:11 pm »
You didn't bid on any Bayern players when he was selling up??

Yes. That's how I noticed the collusion, with players going to favourites

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3725 on: April 24, 2017, 07:28:48 pm »
I took over Lazio and wasn't there from the start so my apologies if you did indeed build your side from the ground up through trading alone. Fair play.

Which deals in particular upset you?

I don't feel upset. Just would like the game to be played in a better spirit. It is only a game after all, but I think it should be flagged all the same

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3726 on: April 24, 2017, 08:05:55 pm »
Yes. That's how I noticed the collusion, with players going to favourites
He's told you he didn't sell to favourites and why he refused to sell to you. Harsh but there wasn't a conspiracy mate

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3727 on: April 24, 2017, 08:20:54 pm »
He's told you he didn't sell to favourites and why he refused to sell to you. Harsh but there wasn't a conspiracy mate

Hahaha that's me told then!  ::) Nah that's bullshit

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3728 on: April 24, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »
I don't feel upset. Just would like the game to be played in a better spirit. It is only a game after all, but I think it should be flagged all the same

I didn't realise you actually bid on players at Bayern as well, that changes everything. I certainly didn't collude with anyone, I simply bid on Neymar, the max as well I think incase it was a bidding war.

Maybe He did favour bids over others but that comes from building relationships with other clubs, something I'm sure happens in the real world. Liverpool certainly wouldn't sell to United or Arsenal to Spurs.

In the other world I sold a couple of players for face value, Hart, Savic, Alcacer, Toure are a few examples. I hoped that this might give me an advantage in any future deals.

I can't remember the last time you traded, that would be in  the spirit of the game.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:47:26 am by RK7 »

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3729 on: April 25, 2017, 06:35:57 am »

I struggle to believe you're a grown adult. Talking about fucking collusion in a management simulation game on the internet.

Card Cheat gave his reasons. You can cry all you like about it, but that ain't going to change the fact that you burnt your own bridges in this world by being a bellend to other managers.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3730 on: April 25, 2017, 03:11:03 pm »
Iam still getting rid of players.

Ramsey or Brahimi
Mina

Maybe more .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3731 on: April 25, 2017, 05:07:28 pm »
You need to remind yourself of this when you play Liverpool.

Because years later (and for those newbies to this league I mean YEARS later) you always go into games against LFC changing your tactics to aggressive because of that chip on your shoulder regarding your 100+ player squad and the subsequent introduction of a squad cap.
Just would like the game to be played in a better spirit. It is only a game after all
Indeed :lmao
[/size]
I struggle to believe you're a grown adult. Talking about fucking collusion in a management simulation game on the internet. [/size]Card Cheat gave his reasons. You can cry all you like about it, but that ain't going to change the fact that you burnt your own bridges in this world by being a bellend to other managers.
[/size]
[/size]I didn't sell to 'favourites'. I just didn't sell to you because you're a bellend.
That's you two joining me on his hit list come fixture time [/size] ;D

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3732 on: April 25, 2017, 05:41:13 pm »
That's right...you built that squad Dam, but had in excess of 100 players. It was the reason we had to have caps.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3733 on: April 25, 2017, 07:14:53 pm »
I didn't realise you actually bid on players at Bayern as well, that changes everything. I certainly didn't collude with anyone, I simply bid on Neymar, the max as well I think incase it was a bidding war.

Maybe He did favour bids over others but that comes from building relationships with other clubs, something I'm sure happens in the real world. Liverpool certainly wouldn't sell to United or Arsenal to Spurs.

In the other world I sold a couple of players for face value, Hart, Savic, Alcacer, Toure are a few examples. I hoped that this might give me an advantage in any future deals.

I can't remember the last time you traded, that would be in  the spirit of the game.

Yeah the players were on the transfer list, for anyone to bid on. So I bid. It became clear though that something was amiss when the favourites were the preferred clubs that the majority of players kept ending up at. It made the collusion connection quite easy. I don't believe that all clubs colluded though, this seems to be misinterpreted as gospel and ran with for some reason. So for the record. He (UF) even started the new season, before quitting, so that Betty (WLB) could get 2 more players, and skirt around the max 2 players from 1 club in the season rule. that makes 4 players! THEN he quit! Clear collusion. QED

We've been over the trading thing many times. If the right offer is made then I will trade. I'm not averse to trading. Again, for the record  ;)

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3734 on: April 25, 2017, 07:20:52 pm »
You need to remind yourself of this when you play Liverpool.

Because years later (and for those newbies to this league I mean YEARS later) you always go into games against LFC changing your tactics to aggressive because of that chip on your shoulder regarding your 100+ player squad and the subsequent introduction of a squad cap.Indeed :lmao
[/size]That's you two joining me on his hit list come fixture time [/size] ;D

Alright Terry, woof woof!
Yeah, that was YEARS ago when the game was in its evolutionary stage. All within the rules of the game, until we ALL decided how we wanted to mould the game. Very happy to keep to quotas now thank you. And no, not gone aggressive for a good while, many many seasons now, although you too did exactly the same! LMAO

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3735 on: April 25, 2017, 07:23:55 pm »
What am I missing with the aggressive tactic? What difference eould that make?

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3736 on: April 25, 2017, 07:25:41 pm »
That's right...you built that squad Dam, but had in excess of 100 players. It was the reason we had to have caps.

Yeah, evolution.

Anyway it's collusion that is the hot topic now. Squad caps is in to stay, and it's a very good amendment. Collusion will never be ok in my book, not part of the game at all. So, who thinks that collusion is ok? Anyone?

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3737 on: April 25, 2017, 07:36:50 pm »
What am I missing with the aggressive tactic? What difference eould that make?
For seasons on end (including last season despite his convenient memory loss) the only fixtures his team went aggressive / hard tackling was against my team. No other team in the rest of the league just my lot. He seemed to think it would injure my players  ::) 

Which kinda conflicts with:
Just would like the game to be played in a better spirit. It is only a game after all
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:44:29 pm by Terry_Tibbs »

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3738 on: April 25, 2017, 07:38:36 pm »
Yeah, evolution.

Anyway it's collusion that is the hot topic now. Squad caps is in to stay, and it's a very good amendment. Collusion will never be ok in my book, not part of the game at all. So, who thinks that collusion is ok? Anyone?

It's not OK but how can you be sure that's the case? If you rub fellow managers up the wrong way then they'll not want to deal with you, is that fair?

I must admit I've had a few dealing in the past that pissed me off, they would be enough to make me think twice about dealing with them in the future.

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3739 on: April 25, 2017, 07:40:05 pm »
Alright Terry, woof woof!
Yeah, that was YEARS ago when the game was in its evolutionary stage. All within the rules of the game, until we ALL decided how we wanted to mould the game. Very happy to keep to quotas now thank you. And no, not gone aggressive for a good while, many many seasons now, although you too did exactly the same! LMAO

You were still at it last season you bellend. And for the record you lying **** when you originally lobbed your rattle out of the pram I played the same tactics, same formation, swapped my first team for the kids. Now thanks to player concerns it's the same tactics, same formation, same players so stop chatting bollocks. Glad to see I'm not the only one in this league that can see your true colours,   

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3740 on: April 25, 2017, 08:00:09 pm »
It's not OK but how can you be sure that's the case? If you rub fellow managers up the wrong way then they'll not want to deal with you, is that fair?

I simply bid on players and got them. I was cheeky as fuck in that respect, I don't deny that, as I just kept on bidding while the firesale raged on. But CC's decision to accept my bids over Dam's were his own. Quite clearly dictated by his feelings towards the guy. And not the only one with this view as we're seeing now!

The only reason this is being brought up now (a whole season after it happened) is that West Ham have suddenly become a threat to his precious dominance in a COMPUTER GAME.

Anyway, I'm off out to see some mates in the real world. Just as I was when I wrote late last night. Perhaps Dam could do with doing the same and chilling out a bit.

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3741 on: April 25, 2017, 08:03:28 pm »
Absolute balls terry, I choose to play 'Hard' against most managed teams. Climed down from the 'Agressive' every season though I see, you no mark

Do you bollocks!! Like fuck you do you lying ****. Every season since the whole squad cap limit debate you've only played hard / aggressive against my teams you bellend, I'm not the only one in this league to have noticed it either. It's all down to that chip on your shoulder, that heated animosity held against me. How many years ago was the limit introduced? Soft bollocks over there has harboured that grudge for THAT long.

So much for:[size=78%]
[/size]

Just would like the game to be played in a better spirit. It is only a game after all, but I think it should be flagged all the same[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:05:22 pm by Terry_Tibbs »

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3742 on: April 25, 2017, 08:04:11 pm »
Terry is a very precious, soft twat. So soft, he hasn't posted in here hardly ever since being owned
Nope just pulling you up on your bullshit and lies kiddo.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3743 on: April 25, 2017, 08:06:43 pm »
This GW has come alive all of a sudden, looking forward to this season now...

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3744 on: April 25, 2017, 08:09:22 pm »
:lmao

Don't flatter yourself you total no mark. You are nothing!
So explain why you only alter your instructions when you play me then soft bollocks.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3745 on: April 25, 2017, 08:18:16 pm »
This GW has come alive all of a sudden, looking forward to this season now...
;D

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #3746 on: April 25, 2017, 08:57:18 pm »
Any rules on signing players from unmanaged teams ?

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3747 on: April 25, 2017, 11:19:24 pm »
Going to be an interesting season this.

:D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3748 on: April 25, 2017, 11:41:21 pm »
True about Neymar, I offered him about and had very little interest.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3749 on: April 26, 2017, 12:26:01 am »
Ah fuck it. Because I'm too petty not to. Reapplied for Bayern.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3750 on: April 26, 2017, 01:03:24 am »

They may have been pillaged.

Just a hunch.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: April 26, 2017, 01:04:33 am »
Going to be an interesting season this.

:D

And LM is getting relegated too.

My life is fucking amazing !!!

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3752 on: April 26, 2017, 01:12:56 am »

I will sell you a player or two just to get you going.

Om Shanti Mina ?

Sri Ram Jai Ram Ramsey or the Bramhin.

Mantras in my brain.. I got mantras in my brain.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3753 on: April 26, 2017, 01:16:05 am »
They may have been pillaged.

Just a hunch.

They've seen better days. Though Nick 'the new Tony Cruise' Dorsch is in the squad.

1.1 billion in the bank.  :o   Lock up yer full backs!

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3754 on: April 26, 2017, 01:19:59 am »
I will sell you a player or two just to get you going.

Om Shanti Mina ?

Sri Ram Jai Ram Ramsey or the Bramhin.

Mantras in my brain.. I got mantras in my brain.

Are you trying to say Skriniar??? I'll have him!

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3755 on: April 26, 2017, 01:20:20 am »
They've seen better days. Though Nick 'the new Tony Cruise' Dorsch is in the squad.

1.1 billion in the bank.  :o   Lock up yer full backs!

Look at my other post.

My players come with highly charged Sanskrit vibrations.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3756 on: April 26, 2017, 01:22:25 am »
Are you trying to say Skriniar??? I'll have him!

Santi Mina.

Shanti is Sanksrit for Peace. Om Shanti Mina was a joke.

You can have him if you want .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3757 on: April 26, 2017, 01:26:21 am »
Santi Mina.

Shanti is Sanksrit for Peace. Om Shanti Mina was a joke.

You can have him if you want .

I'll have Skriniar, the 83 rated CB.

Not arsed about Mina, but I can feel his vibrations all along the gooch.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3758 on: April 26, 2017, 01:27:23 am »
Looking at some of my buys over the years a lot of them have bit of Sanskrit in their names.

Don't ever start chanting in Sanskrit lads . You start seeing it everywhere .

Most of the Serbian players I just see Krsna in their name.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
« Reply #3759 on: April 26, 2017, 06:12:28 am »
Iam still getting rid of players.

Ramsey or Brahimi
Mina

Maybe more .

I'd do the deal with you for them... Also sell me De Vrij on whom I've bid already....  ;D