Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 47401 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Twin Peaks
« Reply #240 on: October 6, 2015, 09:19:01 pm »
Peter Sarsgaard has joined the cast.  It really is shaping up nicely.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 7, 2015, 11:02:42 am »
Met Madchen Amick and Sherilyn Fenn over the weekend.  Both were at Twin Peaks Fest, despite not confirming anything it's clear Madchen is involved in the show's return, she was like a schoolgirl with a secret.  Sherilyn Fenn went a step further and confirmed she's filming some scenes later this month which is a relief as there were rumours she pulled out due to money.

I've got to admit, I was a little starstruck, especially when meeting Madchen.  She looks better now than she did in '91 and is probably the most cheerful woman in the world.  Full of energy and constantly smiling.  Sherilyn Fenn come across as more guarded, actually a bit shy, but was very pleasant.

I also met Al Strobel who played Mike and I can confirm he actually has two arms.

I don't think I've ever been more envious of anyone, ever. I had those posters of Madchen & Sherilyn on my wall when I was a student.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: October 7, 2015, 11:23:09 am »
I don't think I've ever been more envious of anyone, ever. I had those posters of Madchen & Sherilyn on my wall when I was a student.
I had the one with Madchen, Sherilyn and Lara Flynn Boyle, got it free with some magazine.

Al Strobel was the funniest.  He arrived on stage with two arms, after about twenty minutes he took the fake one off with no warning.  Plenty of people, myself included, didn't realise he only had one in real life.  Plenty of gasps. 

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #243 on: October 7, 2015, 11:37:30 am »
I had the one with Madchen, Sherilyn and Lara Flynn Boyle, got it free with some magazine.

Al Strobel was the funniest.  He arrived on stage with two arms, after about twenty minutes he took the fake one off with no warning.  Plenty of people, myself included, didn't realise he only had one in real life.  Plenty of gasps.

So does he have two arms or not lol.  ???
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 7, 2015, 11:44:04 am »
So does he have two arms or not lol.  ???

He has one real arm and one fake arm, which he sometimes wore and sometimes didn't. 

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #245 on: November 7, 2015, 12:49:57 am »
Twin Peaks now definitely confirmed for 2017

http://www.thefourohfive.com/film/article/twin-peaks-now-definitely-confirmed-for-2017-144?utm_content=bufferb59d4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It's déjà vu: the return of Twin Peaks has been properly confirmed for 2017 now. David Lynch's cult series was already slated to be revived in 2017, confirmed by series co-creator Mark Frost, whereas the network attached to the new series, Showtime, were promoting it for 2016 (see below).

Well, now at least speculation can stop. Entertainment news site Deadline has confirmed that Twin Peaks will be arriving on our screens once more in 2017, citing a new statement from Showtime’s Q3 earnings call. Previously David Nevins, Showtime's President, had tried to push for a 2016 premiere.

Why is that? Is it because in the last episode of Twin Peaks Laura Palmer tells Agent Cooper that she'll see him in 25 years (see above)? The episode was aired in 1991, when the series came to a close; 25 years later is 2016. It would've tied in nicely - to what? Who can possibly, possibly know.

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/new-twin-peaks-possibly-postponed-until-2017/

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 7, 2015, 12:52:16 am »
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: November 7, 2015, 01:15:42 am »
Met Madchen Amick and Sherilyn Fenn over the weekend.  Both were at Twin Peaks Fest, despite not confirming anything it's clear Madchen is involved in the show's return, she was like a schoolgirl with a secret.  Sherilyn Fenn went a step further and confirmed she's filming some scenes later this month which is a relief as there were rumours she pulled out due to money.

I've got to admit, I was a little starstruck, especially when meeting Madchen.  She looks better now than she did in '91 and is probably the most cheerful woman in the world.  Full of energy and constantly smiling.  Sherilyn Fenn come across as more guarded, actually a bit shy, but was very pleasant.

I also met Al Strobel who played Mike and I can confirm he actually has two arms.
How is this possible?  She was gorgeous back then.  Considering the show was filmed 25 years ago, she must be close to 50 by now!

She certainly is !!  :lickin

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: November 26, 2015, 05:20:53 pm »
David Lynch on the set of the new Twin Peaks .

Apparently it will be shot on digital , not film which is a shame  :(

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/new-twin-peaks-digital/

Also,the book release has been pushed back to the end of 2016 now - far too long to wait !!

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/the-secret-lives-of-twin-peaks-novel-mark-frost/

But the diner has been returned to its original state  :)

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/double-r-diner-walkthrough-video/

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EFLHqolKdhs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EFLHqolKdhs</a>
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:23:37 pm by mersey_paradise »

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2015, 08:23:30 pm »
Teaser out today

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SfPv57KBpJI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SfPv57KBpJI</a>

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2015, 10:13:04 am »

She certainly is !!  :lickin

Wow! She's obviously made a pact with the devil. Whose going to replace Audrey though?

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2016, 07:38:18 pm »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 14, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2016, 02:41:26 pm »
I've been watching these on Sky Box sets for the first time ever. It certainly justifies the hype and was a very good show. I have no idea why I skipped this when it first came out.

Offline WTF?

• Anny Roader
  • These go to 11
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2016, 02:21:29 pm »

Offline Dan Dando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2016, 12:02:37 am »
Interesting.....

http://www.slashfilm.com/twin-peaks-revival-cast/
Reznor and Vedder as FBI agents would be pretty funky.
"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: May 4, 2016, 11:45:54 pm »
Interesting.....

http://www.slashfilm.com/twin-peaks-revival-cast/

Missed this as i've been busy recently .

Monica Bellucci ?! Eddie Vedder ?! Trent Reznor ?! Jim Belushi ?! Tim Roth ?! Sky Ferreira ?!

That is an insane cast list !! Lynch has really gone to town with that budget . Will be fascinating to see all those actors next year.

Great to see some of the more  peripheral original cast members return too , David Duchovny and Harry Dean Stanton in particular.

The inclusion of actors from his later films such as Mulholland Drive is a nice touch too , to bring all these Lynchian "worlds" together.

Here's an article on the returning cast members (with pics to jog the memory !)

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/returning-cast-members-new-twin-peaks/

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #258 on: August 4, 2016, 01:52:18 pm »
« Last Edit: August 4, 2016, 02:47:51 pm by Titi Camara's Bald Head »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #259 on: August 4, 2016, 04:43:23 pm »
Picked this up on Blu Ray a few months back for dirt cheap, more incentive to watch it now that I know it's returning!

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 4, 2016, 05:20:16 pm »
Picked this up on Blu Ray a few months back for dirt cheap, more incentive to watch it now that I know it's returning!
It's quality. Only actually watched it a year or 2 ago myself, but I loved it.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #261 on: January 9, 2017, 10:34:52 pm »
Twin Peaks will premiere Sunday, May 21, with a two-hour premiere.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 9, 2017, 10:59:40 pm »

Now I've got a target date for finishing my rewatch. Up to episode 4 now and it's even better than I remembered.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #263 on: January 10, 2017, 05:27:53 am »

Excellent news. I see Kyle Maclachlan will be there again, amongst others. He has a very small cameo in a kids tv cartoon show called Gravity Falls. Very Twin Peaks influenced.
We are Liverpool!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 10, 2017, 06:57:18 am »
Excellent news. I see Kyle Maclachlan will be there again, amongst others. He has a very small cameo in a kids tv cartoon show called Gravity Falls. Very Twin Peaks influenced.

Gravity Falls is awesome.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline WTF?

• Anny Roader
  • These go to 11
« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2017, 11:14:50 am »
Apparently the execs were quoted as saying that this series is the "pure heroin" version of Twin Peaks.

Not quite sure what they mean by that, possibly that Lynch is going all out and not holding anything back on it??

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #266 on: January 10, 2017, 01:00:45 pm »
I've....gushed  ;D about Gravity Falls several times in the tv thread...it's simply brilliant and so, so clever, warm, moving...and the final three episodes were the highlight of the tv year for me in 16....I love G-F. I can only hope we see another summer in Gravity Falls in the future.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2017, 10:26:42 pm »
I've....gushed  ;D about Gravity Falls several times in the tv thread...it's simply brilliant and so, so clever, warm, moving...and the final three episodes were the highlight of the tv year for me in 16....I love G-F. I can only hope we see another summer in Gravity Falls in the future.

Good stuff. Kyle Maclachlan plays the bus driver in the last scene where Dipper and Mabel (and pig) get on the bus to head back home. He complains about the pig getting on until Stan threatens him! Great show indeed.
We are Liverpool!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #268 on: January 10, 2017, 10:32:16 pm »
Good stuff. Kyle Maclachlan plays the bus driver in the last scene where Dipper and Mabel (and pig) get on the bus to head back home. He complains about the pig getting on until Stan threatens him! Great show indeed.
If I had the choice of another season of G-F over T-P,  I'd be off to the Mystery Shack for the summer.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2017, 02:40:31 am »
So Sky Atlantic (wish it was on BBC 2 as it was in the 90's) are doing a live simulcast at 2 am on the 22nd as it is shown in the US.

Few other snippets : 

"Never say no" - David Lynch says before admitting there are no plans for future #TwinPeaks beyond the 18 hours.

In its 2nd week, Twin Peaks will air the 3rd & 4th hours back-to-back. One-hour episodes follow in subsequent weeks.

Cannot wait for this !!!

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2017, 02:44:10 am »
Apparently the execs were quoted as saying that this series is the "pure heroin" version of Twin Peaks.

Not quite sure what they mean by that, possibly that Lynch is going all out and not holding anything back on it??

Would imagine so.

From what I have heard he has been given free rein to do as he wants (unlike with ABC back in the 90's) and has directed ALL the episodes unlike the second series where he was busy with Wild at Heart and the baton was passed to other directors (some good, some not so good !).

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2017, 03:32:21 pm »
Only a few more weeks to go until the new episodes start airing.

I know it's Lynch so it won't happen but I'd love to see a trailer featuring even a few seconds of new material. The Entertainment Weekly covers were exciting enough for me.

I've bee rewatching the original for the first time in years - still holds up. Some of the acting is a bit dodgy (hi James!) but mostly the weirdness and otherwordly qualities that make it so compelling still works. It's clear, watching back, how much better the episodes that were directed by Lynch were, so the fact that he's directing all 18 episodes of the new season is really exciting.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2017, 04:16:53 am »
So after the recent "Secret History of Twin Peaks" , Mark Frost has written a second book detailing what happened to the characters in the 25 years between the first series and the soon to be aired second series  (May 21 !!!)...  :lickin

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2017, 04:29:34 am »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #274 on: May 1, 2017, 12:54:29 am »
Just started watching this. About 5/6 episodes in. Trying to avoid spoilers. Brilliant so far...

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 6, 2017, 04:25:27 am »
Just started watching this. About 5/6 episodes in. Trying to avoid spoilers. Brilliant so far...

Damn, I envy you. Enjoy yourself !

Here's a little trailer of some familiar faces. Just over two weeks to go until series THREE !!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LB2naaQZbfI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LB2naaQZbfI</a>

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: May 8, 2017, 06:12:44 am »
Just re watching the original series. Stands up well against the test of time. I would say there is just one actor who was not very good really, but there really is a very spooky feel to it that I just didn't quite grasp as a kid. Loved it when I was young, it feels even more sinister now coz I understand things differently than I did at 10 years old.

Very good TV programme. I just hope they do it justice in the new series. Getting excited. :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 8, 2017, 12:29:41 pm »
Damn, I envy you. Enjoy yourself !

Here's a little trailer of some familiar faces. Just over two weeks to go until series THREE !!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LB2naaQZbfI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LB2naaQZbfI</a>

Can't believe they've managed to cast Dot Cotton (8 seconds in)

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #278 on: May 8, 2017, 04:07:52 pm »
I have not watched the original Twin Peaks, might give it a try later this week, I've only heard good things about the show and many references to it.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 9, 2017, 06:22:55 pm »
http://www.avclub.com/article/twin-peaks-leaving-washington-and-other-clues-new--255002?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

Interesting article. The show will be set in different locations around the US. Wasn't expecting that.

I haven't seen Fire Walk With Me but sounds like I should before the new season starts.

I've also no idea what this means from the Showtime CEO
“I think [Lynch has] evolved to an even more extreme version of himself, but all of the themes are visible,” Nevins says. “ I think David Lynch is a really relevant voice: What does it mean when we say, ‘Make America great again?’”

;D

So excited about this now. Will be interesting to see how they can make it fresh since nearly every show in the last 25 years has ripped it off in some way or another.