Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1221502 times)

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2012, 05:49:34 pm »
I watched the first season last night, thought it was brilliant. I cant believe i,ve waited this long too watch this show, on the up side i,ve got 8 more seasons to go.The episode with the high school kids was so cringe worthy,just so funny, and the pop pop episode, i nearly choked myself laughing at d in the home and when charlie  answered the door in that uniform.Really enjoyed it.

Devito comes into the next season and it takes off. Fuck I wish I hadn't seen every episode 50 times
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2012, 07:46:52 pm »
Devito comes into the next season and it takes off. Fuck I wish I hadn't seen every episode 50 times
I,m going to start the second season tonight after the gladbach game. cheers mate.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline danno08

• Anny Roader
  • If you ain't first, you're last.
« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2012, 02:14:11 pm »
In terms of watching TV shows online, what are people doing now that Megavideo, Videobb and a few others have been shut down?

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »
torrents my friend

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2012, 04:04:29 pm »
i watched that Alphas and No Ordinary Family, think the latter got canned.

watched the terra nova biz too. I've not really been watching anything else recently, all the shit i watch gets canned...though i do like RJ Berger, wonder if theres another series soon
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2012, 05:16:07 pm »
In terms of watching TV shows online, what are people doing now that Megavideo, Videobb and a few others have been shut down?
Extra Torrent,Bt Junkie,Pirate Bay and Demonoid.Best  places for tv shows

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline crasher1in

• Kopite
  • he who hesitates, masturbates
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2012, 05:17:46 pm »
Suits! Finished season 1 in a coupe of days.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2012, 05:23:41 pm »
Does your cat make too much noise all the time?
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2012, 05:27:46 pm »
i watched that Alphas and No Ordinary Family, think the latter got canned.

Oh ffs, I didn't mind that show  :no

On a side note just saw the ad for Grimm thats coming to Watch in Feb. Looks decent?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2012, 05:31:16 pm »
Oh ffs, I didn't mind that show  :no

On a side note just saw the ad for Grimm thats coming to Watch in Feb. Looks decent?

My mrs likes it. It looks a bit Like Supernatural to me, so if you like that sort of thing you'll probably like Grimm.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2012, 05:50:18 pm »
My mrs likes it. It looks a bit Like Supernatural to me, so if you like that sort of thing you'll probably like Grimm.

Never seen Supernatural but will give this a go. Getting annoying though as alot of the stuff you start watching pissing well gets cancelled.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2012, 05:54:26 pm »
Never seen Supernatural but will give this a go. Getting annoying though as alot of the stuff you start watching pissing well gets cancelled.
Agreed. It's almost worth waiting a year or two these days, just to see if it goes for a bit.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2012, 06:03:26 pm »
Agreed. It's almost worth waiting a year or two these days, just to see if it goes for a bit.

Stuff like The Event, horribly rushed ending because it got cancelled, other US shows which have no ending like No Ordinary Family now and countless other shows. It is worthwhile waiting for abit rather than jumping into shows straight away imo.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2012, 10:20:47 pm »
Stuff like The Event, horribly rushed ending because it got cancelled, other US shows which have no ending like No Ordinary Family now and countless other shows. It is worthwhile waiting for abit rather than jumping into shows straight away imo.
Anyone watch Blue Mountain State? Its a comedy ,follows three freshmen in college.Alex,his mate Sammy, and Craig.Based around the football team and its off field Animal House like adventures.I watched all 3 seasons, thought it was very funny.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2012, 11:04:53 pm »
I need another Sopranos :(

Can't get into the wire , the shield and I haven't seen enough of boardwalk empire
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 24, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »

Saw further ad today and saw its from same people that made Buffy

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2012, 12:24:17 pm »
I need another Sopranos :(

Can't get into the wire , the shield and I haven't seen enough of boardwalk empire

I don't think boardwalk empire will ever be Soprano's. I know the first two series or so of the Soprano's was a bit erratic and took awhile to find the consistent quality so there is hope for boardwalk but I don't see the signs of quality.

Right now, not watching anything "new" that is great. I like Hung (really like), Lost Girl, Hustle and Eternal Law but none of them are, bar a miracle, going to ever be great TV. Enjoyable fun but not much more then that. Borgen might be but isn't yet. Things like skynevermiss and Sky Atlantic use of old classics have allowed me to see great stuff of late: just finished Angels in America, just started the Wire and been watching Soprano's+Upstairs Downstairs. There is always something special about seeing something for the first time so great TV time for me, seeing all this with fresh eyes and wonderment.

Hoping Homeland will be very good.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:46:16 pm by MagicHat »

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2012, 12:34:26 am »
Braquo. French tv series, like the shield, but better, much better. Just been shown on FX.Series download available on BTJunkie, comes with hardcoded sub,s.

Just finished the first season and it was excellent - so thanks for that.

Downloaded the second season, but without subtitles it was to hard to follow - give me credit for trying though!

"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline Mikeebee

• Legacy Fan
  • You've won a Blankety Blank Cheque Book & Pen
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2012, 02:21:43 am »
MagicHat,

Homeland is awesome, well worth the watch.
JFT 96 YNWA
@mikeebee7

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2012, 03:13:21 am »
I can only find one mention of it in this thread, and there's no individual threads about it...

Revenge from ABC, rated over 8.3 on IMDB with an interesting plot and some decent teasers/trailers.

Anyone else got on to it? Worth watching? Starts in a week over here.

very soap opera like to me... not my style
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2012, 03:14:16 am »
WIlfred. Hilarious and pretty much spot on
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2012, 04:52:05 am »
Does your cat make too much noise all the time?

;D

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:59 am »
Show I got into fairly recently is Hell on Wheels. Season finale was on the 16th unfortunately. It definitely works better watching it back-to-back in one go than weekly, but is enjoyable either way. Being that it was the first season it was a little uneven and was some stuff was a bit ridiculous, but all in all quite good. My only real gripe is that awesome as the finale was, the two episodes preceding it were pretty much the climax of the season and that was quite clearly done as a "put enough of a bow on things just in case we don't get renewed but not so much of one in case we do" kind of thing. Still really can't wait to see where this is going to go when it comes back in the fall, though.

Another show I just discovered recently: Kings. A couple years old and axed after first season, so not really "next" as such, but really enjoying it so far.

WIlfred. Hilarious and pretty much spot on

Agreed. Only seen the US version to be honest but that first season was incredible. Can't wait for more.

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2012, 05:36:50 am »
Life's Too Short hopefully. I don't know if it is an old show that is just premiering in the States but I have high hopes.

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2012, 06:31:26 am »
I can only find one mention of it in this thread, and there's no individual threads about it...

Revenge from ABC, rated over 8.3 on IMDB with an interesting plot and some decent teasers/trailers.

Anyone else got on to it? Worth watching? Starts in a week over here.

very soap opera like to me... not my style

Felt the same way. It's based on the novel 'Count of Monte Cristo' but made for a 'Gossip Girl' audience. or at least that was the impression I got. Stopped watching after the 2nd episode.

Life's Too Short hopefully. I don't know if it is an old show that is just premiering in the States but I have high hopes.

The Ricky Gervais show? if so, you will be hugely disappointed like everyone else was.

MagicHat,

Seconded. One TV show worthy of  the title of this thread.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2012, 01:48:56 pm »
MagicHat,

Seconded. One TV show worthy of  the title of this thread.

Will certainly watch it when it comes around here on TV... next month I think. Thanks.

Didn't watch it but the reviews when it came out here were along the lines of boring, unfunny and offensive.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2012, 01:50:16 pm »
The first episode of Touch wasn't bad. It could be really good, or get cancelled quickly, I think it's one of those.

Spartacus starts again tomorrow.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #227 on: February 1, 2012, 05:10:32 pm »
Sounds good. You should catch Spiral (Engrenages) if you haven't already. Another great crime series out of France.
Thanks for reminding me i had Spiral.Watched season,s 1 and 2,halfway thru 3.Brilliant is  the best description.It,s just stunning,so ta.Have a look on eu torrents for a Russian tv series called Brigada.Just finished a dl and it looks ok.Tells the story of 4 mates who come up together and form a crime gang. 

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2012, 10:40:08 pm »
Look's like it could be the new Hbo series Luck.Just watched the first episode.Created and written by David Milch (Nypd Blue,Hill St Blues,Deadwood).It revolve's around a race track and all the character's involved in the horse racing business.After just one episode,it just like it's going to win the race to greatness.Pun intended.Everyone should give it a look.I think this is going to be special

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2012, 11:39:19 pm »
Just watched the second episode of Luck.This show is brilliant.Cant wait to see the next one.............

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2012, 01:15:37 am »
Thanks for the review Dave. I'll be saving them up to watch all in one go :wave

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2012, 04:09:32 am »

Read the thread about that show on here, you'll be doing yourself a big favour by not wasting your time watching it, its really awful and shockingly poor and lazy writing by Gervais and Merchant, seriously mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2012, 04:59:54 am »
Really enjoying House of Lies, I have a soft spot for things which break the forth wall for some reason. Its very slick, reminds me of Weeds in some ways.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2012, 07:03:26 am »
Anyone that liked Lost should give 'Once Upon a Time' a go. Channel 5 have picked it up over here an will be showing it soon, stars Robert Carlyle. It has a lot of Lost references (the apollo bars, 8.15 on the clocks, close up of eyes, MacCutcheon whiskey, a nameless man in black, etc. There has been at least 1 reference per episode so far), and a few of the cast members have shown up, too.

Honestly, it isn't as good as Homeland or Person of Interest, but it is really good and worth a watch, I think it is 13-14 episodes in so far and has good ratings, should definitely get a second season.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »
Episode three of Luck,available in the usual place's.Get on it. 8)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2012, 10:06:52 pm »
Anyone want to give me some feedback on Top Boy.From channel 4 last year. Spent so much time out on my bike this one just got right by me.Thank's in advance. ;)

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2012, 12:13:23 pm »
Anyone want to give me some feedback on Top Boy.From channel 4 last year. Spent so much time out on my bike this one just got right by me.Thank's in advance. ;)

Here you go Dave

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282496.msg9427362#msg9427362

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2012, 01:06:10 pm »
Here you go Dave

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=282496.msg9427362#msg9427362
Thank's Olly.Downloaded it last night,going to watch it over the weekend.I'll let you know what i think about it.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2012, 11:36:55 pm »
Just done 3 seasons of Southland actually, pretty good, fills my Shield hole anyway
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2012, 11:28:09 pm »
Really enjoying House of Lies, I have a soft spot for things which break the forth wall for some reason. Its very slick, reminds me of Weeds in some ways.

Started watching this but not sure what's it about. Thought it would be all about management etc., and was interested but nothing to do with it.