Author Topic: Tighter Moderating of the Main Board  (Read 28505 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Tighter Moderating of the Main Board
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2017, 02:22:09 pm »
I'd like to teach RAWK to post
in perfect harmony
sack arguing stands
and formation pangs
and make fun of our shit fans

I'd like to see RAWK for once
disagree without titty lips
no dummies from prams
or four month bans
but laugh and agree to disagree

I'd like to see a world of RAWK
were pisstaking rules the land
With Nicks shite puns
and Al's Demonic stand
work hand in hand
and let Andy run free

where mods are not a gang
so Graeme posts and John Hall jokes
And John C forms a mod band

when losses don't mean bans
where kneejerks are jokes
and Liverpool capes are not gauche
And Yorkshire folk can learn to talk scouse

It's the real thing.......

To quote that great philosopher, humanitarian and existentialist Dame Mrs Mary Elizabeth Jennifer Rachel Abergavenny Slocombe - why so serious? Just stroke your pussy and relax
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2017, 02:51:29 pm »
So we were talking about Round Tables, rather than vilifying certain or all Mods? That escalated quickly.
The replies are not all about the vilification of mods to be fair, although we're human and sometimes need to vocalise our greivances just as much as anyone else.
When we've lost a few games, all the greivances come out be they from those who think Klopp is tactically niave, to the state of the site.

To get back to Round Tables, the easy answer is the nasty powerhungry mods banned all the good writers so know no one writes anymore, I know that's an over simplification but to balance it all out, the flipside is that, all the members have become lazy and can't be arsed. But the truth is more complex and alluded to in some of the other posts.

Rawk was part of the first wave of the internet, it's been based on alturistic principals, it's never been about making money even when the offers came in and they have, from European trips for the mods from some of the club's partners to large offers of cash for the owners, they've all been principally rejected because of our ethos but the internet has changed and what was often free has become about making a living, Claire may redesign the site for free but many of our best writers have gone on to paid work on different sites and good luck to them, RAWK is proud that we've had a hand in developing some outstanding writers, we have always tried to be site that wasn't just about the lowest common denominator or just a flaming site that many football forums fall into but that has been at the cost of accusations that the site is moderated on principals that would be at home in North Korea  but the internet is changing.

Forums aren't the only format in town and yes they allow the many to express a view and in that sense are democratic but look at the comments page of any newspaper to see the other side of the equation, they amplify the opinions of every idiot who wants to push their worthless cliche ridden views or untruths and it's difficult to strike a balance at times, we allow in a new flock of people onto the site, get rid of the obvious idiots hoping to find new blood to encourage them to write but times have changed, we lost some great mods who nurished and encouraged, not for dramatic reasons but generally because their lives have moved on, we don't seem to be attracting a younger set of writers willing to participate in Round Tables, alot of our scribes aren't writing or taking part anymore and it's not just as simple as the mods are all a bunch of ****'s

RAWK is free, it has an admirable ethos, we all give commitment to it for various reasons and that makes it work but we're facing structural changes to the way people use the internet, we may survive those changes, who knows but kicking off at each other because we've had a bad few games and the fanbase feels pissed off, isn't going to help anyone and at best will lead to Phyricc victories.

This isn't a debate where it's helpful to have the Terms of Reference  as The Mods VS The Members or vice versa.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2017, 03:00:55 pm »
Sick of being told to 'Fuck Off' on here..so I will.

My main contribution to this site was my Hillsborough stuff, the last topic I did about my new book disappeared in 2 days got 2 replies. So maybe it's time I moved on anyway.

Physical violence and personal abuse on a footy website, I'm above all that kids stuff to be honest, school ground behaviour.

Looks like I've simply outgrown RAWK....at the right time by the looks of things.

Have fun, keep it clean and thanks for the good times.
Mike B.
Genuinely sad to see you go and hope you reconsider, I read lots of your posts and have appreciated them, last thing I'd do is to tell you to fuck off, if ever I met you I'd buy your a bevy and talk about some of the common experiences. Great Poster.
in perfect harmony
;D

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2017, 04:07:33 pm »
Have you guys considered adding to the staff? I see a lot of posters with as many or more posts than mods themselves so I'd assume they have a good idea of how the site works and how it should be run. For argument's sake if you doubled the staff you'd halve your own workload and maybe it wouldn't be so stressful?

It does seem like a mammoth task, on the rare occasions Ive been into the main forum you can see as many as 20 replies in the time it takes you to write one of your own in a post match thread. I can't even imagine keeping up with all that.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2017, 04:31:33 pm »
in perfect harmony
sack arguing stands
and formation pangs
and make fun of our shit fans

I'd like to see RAWK for once
disagree without titty lips
no dummies from prams
or four month bans
but laugh and agree to disagree

were pisstaking rules the land
With Nicks shite puns
and Al's Demonic stand
work hand in hand
and let Andy run free

where mods are not a gang
so Graeme posts and John Hall jokes
And John C forms a mod band

when losses don't mean bans
where kneejerks are jokes
and Liverpool capes are not gauche
And Yorkshire folk can learn to talk scouse

It's the real thing.......

To quote that great philosopher, humanitarian and existentialist Dame Mrs Mary Elizabeth Jennifer Rachel Abergavenny Slocombe - why so serious? Just stroke your pussy and relax

Beautiful ;D
Yep.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2017, 04:32:59 pm »
I'm with Claus here maybe add a few more mods on here. Chopper or another example.  ;D

I mean a site as big as this can't cope all the time with a few mods only doing the modding on a regular basis.

Also get rid of some of the parasites of the main board. We all know who they are.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »
Have you guys considered adding to the staff? I see a lot of posters with as many or more posts than mods themselves so I'd assume they have a good idea of how the site works and how it should be run. For argument's sake if you doubled the staff you'd halve your own workload and maybe it wouldn't be so stressful?

It does seem like a mammoth task, on the rare occasions Ive been into the main forum you can see as many as 20 replies in the time it takes you to write one of your own in a post match thread. I can't even imagine keeping up with all that.

We have quite a large number of mods, some of who, including myself, come and go and a core of regular mods. Although there is a little inconsistency in our views and moderating stance, we are reluctant to widen the staff base too much for several reasons but mainly we are concerned about diluting the ethos of the site and also its not the moderating that takes our time up, its the level of abuse and fuckwittery we get in all corners of the site that depresses us. These circular arguments that come around are very easily solved: the members need to take a little bit of responsibility and if they didn't post shite we wouldn't need to moderate it. Its like pick the litter up campaign. Picking litter up not employing hundreds of litter cleaners is the way to go.
Yep.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2017, 04:47:28 pm »
Sick of being told to 'Fuck Off' on here..so I will.
I've never seen anyone say that to you mate, we'd delete it pronto. Your input is very much appreciated.
That's brilliant Chops, fucking brilliant  ;D

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2017, 05:14:40 pm »

...disagree without titty lips...

:lmao

...we don't seem to be attracting a younger set of writers willing to participate in Round Tables, alot of our scribes aren't writing or taking part anymore and it's not just as simple as the mods are all a bunch of ****'s...

Possibly a stupid question but, would these people know they are 'needed' as such? I'd love to do a round table but am far too grammatically challenged to even start!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2017, 06:16:08 pm »

We have quite a large number of mods, some of who, including myself, come and go and a core of regular mods. Although there is a little inconsistency in our views and moderating stance, we are reluctant to widen the staff base too much for several reasons but mainly we are concerned about diluting the ethos of the site and also its not the moderating that takes our time up, its the level of abuse and fuckwittery we get in all corners of the site that depresses us. These circular arguments that come around are very easily solved: the members need to take a little bit of responsibility and if they didn't post shite we wouldn't need to moderate it. Its like pick the litter up campaign. Picking litter up not employing hundreds of litter cleaners is the way to go.

Fair enough. Unfortunately I'm not sure anyone has that in them. I was surprised at some of the people foaming at the mouth in the post match thread yesterday as they seem like decent enough people in the general forums. Maybe adding staff would allow you all to take a break? There's obviously a sense of responsibility you all share otherwise you'd all have quit at this point, so perhaps alleviating some of that would help?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2017, 08:47:39 pm »
Chops for mod

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2017, 01:43:45 pm »
I agree with Lfsea there, in that something like a google banner at the top of the page would detract nothing from the user experience, and the extra cash would surely help out the site?

The mods have to put up with a load of shit from idiots like us, you guys should at least get paid for it.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2017, 01:47:40 pm »
I can imagine the admin issues with effectively becoming a business which employs people are potentially a full time job!

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2017, 01:50:14 pm »
Part of the problem monetising the site is that the moderation team is a  widespread (both geographically and personality) group of unlinked individuals with little connection beyond the site, a few pints occasionally and a love of Liverpool. The idea of suddenly formalising the site with some making money, some others working for free and someone behind the site pulling in the cash isn't what we are about. It is also fraught with future danger. Business with friends rarely works.

The site is what it is, members have to take some responsibility and we have to moderate fairly, justly and with a light touch. When footballing times are hard, its hard, when we're winning, its easy.
Yep.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2017, 02:45:09 pm »
By the way, I'm not raising any of these points to be in any way obstreperous, I just care deeply about the future of RAWK having invested 10 years of my own life into being a member here.

Although you did make this post just to use the word obstreperous as you rarely get the opportunity to.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2017, 03:12:07 pm »
I can remember back in 2009 people were bemoaning that RAWK had gone downhill and there was too much negativity and moaning.  Has it got worse since then (probably), but was there ever a golden age of no wind ups, circular arguments and all the other complaints?  Probably not I'd say.

It's a shame very good writers are getting fed up with lack of response to the round tables. I always read and enjoyed them but didn't always have much to contribute (shock,  horror)  so didn't post.

I definitely agree with some of the Mods that the simplest and easiest improvements can be self regulation by the posters. Is it just the way things are going in life in general and certainly online that people are more impatient and less tolerant than before. Again, I'd say that isn't just a RAWK thing.

This is still a brilliant site.  Contributors come and go and it is a real shame that good writers have moved on for varying reasons but there should still be plenty of good discussions to be had.

One thing that stops me normally making longer posts is that foe the last 12 months or more i haven't been able to access from work, only on my phone which makes longer posts quite a chore.  So count your blessings, it could have been worse!

As for the main board itself, player threads have always been dominated by opposing sides arguing their case and I don't know how that can be changed. Other threads are usually better value but the onus is on us to start threads that can spark some interesting debate or at least provide us with some good nostalgia opportunities.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2017, 03:17:10 pm »
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding about the monerterisation of the internet and the effect it has on the site, it's not that we as mods want to be paid, we don't because we share the ethos of the site. It's more that we all need to realise what we have in RAWK and that unlike a lot of football sites we don't do it for money. It's not that we want plaudits and we get things wrong at times but sometimes there's no realisation we're not here to just take shit either. We all get pissed off with the place sometimes, take a break don't post for a week or two lets not have destructive circular arguments.

For instance, when Claire spends a considerable amount of time using her skills designing a new interface and donates her time for free, it's disheartning when some of the members of the site think that the appropriate response isn't to give the new design a chance but to dismissively and high-handedly slag her work off for the next month as too bright,  it does make you think why bother and raises a bigger question about contributions to the site.

Members write for free we don't pay anyone and that means that there is a pressure on some of our better writers to write for sites that do pay, you can attract a core of great writers who are sensible and debate properly if you have full control over output, we don't have quality control beyond moderating because that is the nature of forums but don't take it for granted just because RAWK has a history doesn't mean it will be here for ever after all it's the internet. The draw back of RAWK is also an advantage, you don't have to be a great writer or an expert to express your opinion and that means alot more involvement in a site for most of us.
I take on board the idea of some new blood maybe that has it's merits.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:18:51 pm by The 92A »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2017, 03:58:40 pm »
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding about the monerterisation of the internet and the effect it has on the site, it's not that we as mods want to be paid, we don't because we share the ethos of the site. It's more that we all need to realise what we have in RAWK and that unlike a lot of football sites we don't do it for money. It's not that we want plaudits and we get things wrong at times but sometimes there's no realisation we're not here to just take shit either. We all get pissed off with the place sometimes, take a break don't post for a week or two lets not have destructive circular arguments.

For instance, when Claire spends a considerable amount of time using her skills designing a new interface and donates her time for free, it's disheartning when some of the members of the site think that the appropriate response isn't to give the new design a chance but to dismissively and high-handedly slag her work off for the next month as too bright,  it does make you think why bother and raises a bigger question about contributions to the site.

Members write for free we don't pay anyone and that means that there is a pressure on some of our better writers to write for sites that do pay, you can attract a core of great writers who are sensible and debate properly if you have full control over output, we don't have quality control beyond moderating because that is the nature of forums but don't take it for granted just because RAWK has a history doesn't mean it will be here for ever after all it's the internet. The draw back of RAWK is also an advantage, you don't have to be a great writer or an expert to express your opinion and that means alot more involvement in a site for most of us.

I think one of the reasons that the quality of the writing on RAWK has been so high over the years has been the moderation. Good writing is encouraged to flourish and people could write knowing that the membership was carefully considered so that hard work would be appreciated and could stimulate good debate. Stupid remarks would be deleted. You only have to look at other LFC forums to see what happens when you let everyone in and let them say what they want - turgid rubbish.

I remember discussing this before and giving PhaseOfPlay as an example. There were clearly people who didn't appreciate his views but some of his writings on tactics/training etc were interesting and informed. Maybe he could be arrogant at times, but he got a load of abuse and left - twice. There are lots of reasons someone might leave a forum but it's always disappointing when people with something to say leave because of rubbish from other people.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #178 on: February 3, 2017, 03:53:51 pm »
Rawk is probably representing the Anfield crowd, and the tightening of the moderation is a natural consequence
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #179 on: February 3, 2017, 05:08:01 pm »

Honestly did not know about Claire putting in the time to design a new interface.

For what it's worth, thank you.
Tubby thinks PGMOL are awesome..

And tubby is always right

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #180 on: February 3, 2017, 07:03:58 pm »
Its an open opinion site and they will vary as we all know, but wind-up merchants are the ones who do my head in, everyone is entitled to an opinion and many see the game differently to others and some on here clearly more knowledge and understanding of the game. To add to this I am not a fan of certain posters picking on people who have a point but it gets torn apart in a sarky, obnoxious way by some snotty little gimp who thinks they know best.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 3, 2017, 07:43:45 pm »
I'm ace, its the other 42,364, who are shite. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 3, 2017, 07:46:48 pm »
I'm ace, its the other 42,364, who are shite. 
;D  Sarge could start a poll to test that mate.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 3, 2017, 07:49:35 pm »
;D  Sarge could start a poll to test that mate.

That fella's had more Poll's than the UK. We should have some sort of Sargit, like Brexit, but with more detail..... Sexit!  ;D

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 3, 2017, 08:09:02 pm »
I haven't been a member of RAWK for very long and don't post a huge amount but I've always enjoyed reading the in depth, well thought out debates that used to form most of the main board and have done for years.

I agree, the internet has changed and forums definitely have.  I've been a member of another Liverpool forum since 2009 and we used to have some great debates and also a lot of fun chatting shite, usually late at night after a few bevvies but both rarely happen any more.  They too have lost a lot of good members due to the constant bickering and circular arguments that can drag down the "atmosphere".

I've also been a Mod and it isn't easy.  Where a "normal" member can ignore or skim read certain posts or posters, or just not open the thread, suddenly you've got to read the sometimes absolute drivel of every post, every argument, every snidey comment and it drags you down so much that all you want to do is logoff and hope someone else will deal with it.  You do also become a target by the "mates" of the aggrieved if action is taken against them. 

I sympathise with all of you trying to keep the peace, to clean up and keep the place running smoothly, you do an amazing job with little to no thanks and it'll be a sad day when this forum and others like it do disappear forever.

Keep up the good work lads and lasses, it's still a great place and there'd be anarchy if you didn't  :wave

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #185 on: February 3, 2017, 09:07:02 pm »
That fella's had more Poll's than the UK. We should have some sort of Sargit, like Brexit, but with more detail..... Sexit!  ;D

Well at least when we vote we get it right, :nirnir
Y.N.W.A.

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #186 on: February 6, 2017, 10:59:35 pm »
Incidentally, and what with astroturfing being a thing, and people getting paid to post nice things about people who are paying, or shit things about their enemies, I think the News forum is an astroturfer free zone. You see these people on Reddit, with an hours old account, posting fast and often about how Trump is fantastic and then poof, they're gone. One of those times where you appreciate site policy.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 8, 2017, 01:53:33 am »
^ astroturfer - what a great term :D 

I only come on here and the guardian - and their comments section is fucking shite. So well in to all the mods and writers that are keeping this institution alive. Yorky and Corky - the roundtables really are most appreciated by literally 1000s of rawkites - maybe only a few comments but lots of views.

I came to this thread because I read today that IMDB and Dan Carlins' page are both winding up their message boards which Have both been around as long as RAWK, I just hope Ben doesn't pull the plug, the material on here is priceless - it is an amazing resource.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 8, 2017, 04:35:57 pm »
The FSG thread is tedium personified. I know we like to discuss all aspects of the club, but fuck me that thing is going around in more circles than me dad was when he was stuck on the Champs Elysee roundabout in his Fiat127.

Seriously though, just because a post has six paragraphs and 300 hundred words there in, doesn't mean its any good. Just imagine sitting next to the lot at the match, let alone going for a pint with them after it.

I'm shit, but at least I'm brief abar it.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #189 on: February 8, 2017, 05:17:20 pm »
horses for courses and that..but for what it's worth i actually rather enjoy the FSG thread...the war of attrition between the two sides has made for some good discussion in a battle-of-wits kinda way (see also the now defunct Hendo thread) ...as long as it doesn't get abusive - which it never really does - i see no problem with it ....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #190 on: February 8, 2017, 05:18:34 pm »
The FSG thread is tedium personified. I know we like to discuss all aspects of the club, but fuck me that thing is going around in more circles than me dad was when he was stuck on the Champs Elysee roundabout in his Fiat127.

Seriously though, just because a post has six paragraphs and 300 hundred words there in, doesn't mean its any good. Just imagine sitting next to the lot at the match, let alone going for a pint with them after it.

I'm shit, but at least I'm brief abar it.

Just put Al and Show me the Mane (see News and Current Affairs) in a room together and leave the rest of us in peace  :D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #191 on: February 9, 2017, 06:19:28 pm »
Just a question. I totally understand why the mods have kept the FSG thread open, but it's really annoying when people start spreading FSG stuff onto the other threads. The Adam Lallana thread has now deveoped into FSG part two. Any chance one of the mods can take out offending posts and maybe warn people about it. Thanks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #192 on: February 9, 2017, 07:25:45 pm »
so the word 'bozo' is apparently deemed disrespectful enough to warrant being put on the watch list for lack of respect ...despite the target of said word disrespecting the club and the manager to the extent that he's been binned and banished from the club....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 9, 2017, 07:36:31 pm »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #194 on: February 9, 2017, 08:29:04 pm »
so the word 'bozo' is apparently deemed disrespectful enough to warrant being put on the watch list for lack of respect ...despite the target of said word disrespecting the club and the manager to the extent that he's been binned and banished from the club....

He's still a red and he loves the club and the Liverpool country so have a bit of respect you bozo, whatever that means

Edit, wow bozo is scary
« Last Edit: February 9, 2017, 08:31:00 pm by Le Jake »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #195 on: February 9, 2017, 08:54:29 pm »

We demand basic respect for current players. You were being a bit of a c*nt. Posting in here means that we need to revise that to being a self-entitled c*nt.

The guidance is simple, if you want to talk about players signed to the club, don't be a c*nt.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #196 on: February 9, 2017, 09:09:30 pm »
Why get so pathetically insulting and personal lad? ....i made a totally harmless part dig part gag at the expense of a player who took the piss out of the club and will never play for us again. Totally uncalled for that response. c*nt? - you wouldn't say that to me in real life so don't say it here - mod or no mod that's way out of fuckin line. Take a bit of your own advice and try showing a bit of respect to your forum members

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #197 on: February 9, 2017, 09:54:43 pm »
Why get so pathetically insulting and personal lad? ....i made a totally harmless part dig part gag at the expense of a player who took the piss out of the club and will never play for us again. Totally uncalled for that response. c*nt? - you wouldn't say that to me in real life so don't say it here - mod or no mod that's way out of fuckin line. Take a bit of your own advice and try showing a bit of respect to your forum members

He wasn't calling you a c*nt. He was saying you were being a c*nt which is a different matter entirely and a state of affairs which suggests you might have some control over the condition.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #198 on: February 9, 2017, 10:38:03 pm »
the FSG thread has broken me, I have plonked a bingo card into it as satire.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 9, 2017, 10:40:17 pm »
Speaking of tighter moderating the Class of 2016 newbies aren't up to even the basic standard. :D