Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 607106 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kodi / XBMC
« Reply #3960 on: March 28, 2017, 02:57:36 pm »
What's the best android box you can reccomend then?

The best android box is a nvidia shield tv, as in its the fastest, most powerful one afaik.

Offline The not so lazy.boy

• Suspected Naturist Shoplifter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #3961 on: March 28, 2017, 03:04:10 pm »
What's the best android box you can reccomend then?

Well the nvidia is the Rolls Royce but I've had the Nexbox A95x (2g 16gb) for the past 6 months and its worked like a dream, 4k movies no bother and the SM app is faultless.
Same shit, Different day!

Offline aaronaldo

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #3962 on: March 28, 2017, 03:29:08 pm »
Well the nvidia is the Rolls Royce but I've had the Nexbox A95x (2g 16gb) for the past 6 months and its worked like a dream, 4k movies no bother and the SM app is faultless.

How does the Nexbox compare to say the Fire TV? The nexbox sounds great, £39 on amazon seems very good

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #3963 on: March 28, 2017, 04:07:53 pm »
How does the Nexbox compare to say the Fire TV? The nexbox sounds great, £39 on amazon seems very good

Far more open in terms of the Nexbox, you won't have to mess around with sideloading.

I have had a T3 box from Droidsticks for over 2 years now and it's worked great. Aside from being stuck on version 4 of Android, it handles everything well.

Going to get an Nvidia Shield though soon.
JFT97

Offline The not so lazy.boy

• Suspected Naturist Shoplifter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #3964 on: March 28, 2017, 04:14:10 pm »

Never had a FireTV only a Firestick... The android box runs a lot better. Less buffering and streams 4K.
Same shit, Different day!

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #3965 on: March 28, 2017, 04:14:16 pm »
I'm kinda looking about for a new box myself, im currently using the amazon fire box.  Great device, tho with all this talk of 4k streaming, im wondering whether my firebox could handle the streams?  If not, is the netbox a decent box to get?

Also, what video programs are you using to get 4k streams?  I have the black box / paradox installed, seems like a really good build as it caters for everything.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3966 on: March 28, 2017, 06:33:41 pm »
Nvidia shield looks great, however only want to spend around 40. Is the nexbox best for this?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3967 on: March 28, 2017, 06:38:04 pm »
Nvidia shield looks great, however only want to spend around 40. Is the nexbox best for this?

any android box with 2gb ram and android 6 will be fine

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3968 on: March 28, 2017, 06:44:36 pm »
any android box with 2gb ram and android 6 will be fine
Does it not make a shits bit of difference who makes it?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3969 on: March 28, 2017, 07:07:17 pm »
Does it not make a shits bit of difference who makes it?

depends

there's loads of factories in china pumping out various android boxes and a lot have similar names so it can be hard to keep track, i've currently got an mx dual core box that i've had for years but if i search google for it there's loads with mx in their name and look nothing like mine, just look for something on amazon with lots of reviews or on ebay check the seller's feedback to see if there's been any problems with their boxes

there's some shite out there but there's also a lot of good boxes that will do the job fine so like i said just make sure you get one that runs android 6 so you're not stuck with an old version of kodi & has 2gb ram

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3970 on: March 28, 2017, 07:14:30 pm »
depends

there's loads of factories in china pumping out various android boxes and a lot have similar names so it can be hard to keep track, i've currently got an mx dual core box that i've had for years but if i search google for it there's loads with mx in their name and look nothing like mine, just look for something on amazon with lots of reviews or on ebay check the seller's feedback to see if there's been any problems with their boxes

there's some shite out there but there's also a lot of good boxes that will do the job fine so like i said just make sure you get one that runs android 6 so you're not stuck with an old version of kodi & has 2gb ram
Alright boss

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3971 on: March 28, 2017, 09:12:41 pm »
I have an MXQ S805 which works great. (I don't live stream yet, so don't know how that is). But it looks about the right price point for you on AMAZON. Mine came with the remote and a mini keyboard.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3973 on: March 28, 2017, 09:17:59 pm »
^ spent about an hour and a bit looking, ended up with that. Any good you lads think?

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3974 on: March 28, 2017, 10:19:03 pm »
Or not Just watched a review and it got slated. Do any of you have a s905x with 2gb ram and 8 or 16gb rom that you would reccomend ?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3975 on: March 28, 2017, 10:49:26 pm »
I have an MXQ S805 which works great. (I don't live stream yet, so don't know how that is). But it looks about the right price point for you on AMAZON. Mine came with the remote and a mini keyboard.
1gb of Ram will struggle on live streams, particularly those with a higher bitrate like the ones on Sportsmania. Probably OK for soortsdevil but the quality is dire
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3976 on: March 28, 2017, 10:56:07 pm »
Or not Just watched a review and it got slated. Do any of you have a s905x with 2gb ram and 8 or 16gb rom that you would reccomend ?
if your budget is £40 then you have limited choice if you want a 2gb of Ram 16gb Rom box, my experience is you get what you pay for and the old adage of buy cheap, buy twice very much applies here. I started with a firestick and now have a T8 V3S Entertainment Box and had no issues at all. It was around £100 but well worth it. If you want Amazon then go for the Fire TV over the Firestick
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3977 on: March 28, 2017, 11:21:10 pm »
if your budget is £40 then you have limited choice if you want a 2gb of Ram 16gb Rom box, my experience is you get what you pay for and the old adage of buy cheap, buy twice very much applies here. I started with a firestick and now have a T8 V3S Entertainment Box and had no issues at all. It was around £100 but well worth it. If you want Amazon then go for the Fire TV over the Firestick
Don't really want to go over 50, and appreciate amazon isn't the best. Wouldn't mind dropping to 8gb on the rom.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3979 on: March 29, 2017, 10:29:43 am »
You can get a Raspberry Pi 3 for 40 quid. It runs Kodi 17 great and is more stable than an Android box. It's a boss cheap choice.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3980 on: March 29, 2017, 02:26:26 pm »
I've got a T95m android box that was recommended on here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBMC-T95m-S905-Android-5-1-Quad-Core-4K-TV-Box-2GB-8GB-Wifi-/172213369530?hash=item2818b77aba:g:--EAAOSwdzVXstrl

If I was buying now I think I'd want Dual Wi-fi, at least 2GB/16GB and a more powerful processor, at least a quad-core
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:34:55 pm by leftfooter »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: March 29, 2017, 05:49:29 pm »
What difference does dual band wifi make?

just means you can use 5ghz which has less interference than 2.4ghz, can be a bit more reliable for streaming video depending on your network and surroundings etc

if your router supports simultaneous dual band then it's worth it, if not then it could cause problems with any other wireless devices you have if you switch to 5ghz, like anything network related it all depends on what gear you have and where everything's positioned etc, i always use homeplugs anyway and have anything with an ethernet port hard wired

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3983 on: March 29, 2017, 06:30:40 pm »
Whichever device you get (box or pi) hard wired is best if you can.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3984 on: March 29, 2017, 06:35:07 pm »
Whichever device you get (box or pi) hard wired is best if you can.
don't think it's possible they aren't very close

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: March 29, 2017, 06:45:48 pm »
don't think it's possible they aren't very close
As FiSh said use homeplugs, plug one in near the router and connect via Ethernet then plug one in near your device and connect it (your device) to the plug.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3986 on: March 31, 2017, 11:07:10 pm »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3987 on: March 31, 2017, 11:25:40 pm »
It would be brilliant if it was a April fools joke.... but I have a feeling its not.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: March 31, 2017, 11:30:43 pm »
It would be brilliant if it was a April fools joke.... but I have a feeling its not.
Click on "carries penalties"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3989 on: April 1, 2017, 04:59:28 am »
Kodi Site Down for April Fools’ Prank (Working Kodi Download Links Here)

Kodi has taken April Fools’ to the next level with this one. They actually took their site down and replaced it with a fake US Government domain name seizure notice. Not only did they go as far as taking their web site down, they took their download server down too! It’s a good thing that we’re here to come to the rescue, these are the links you’re going to need to use if you want to download Kodi until this wretched day is over.

Please find working Kodi download links below, which are powered by a mirror server controlled by the official Kodi camp. We hope that we’re not ruining what is already an epic April Fools’ joke on their part, but Kodi is like a drug for some people out there, someone’s gotta get them their fix! At this point in time, we’d like to apologize for not having an epic April Fools’ joke of our own.

Today’s your lucky day, because not only are we going to provide you with working Kodi download links, but we’re going to walk you right through the configuration process. Remember, once you download and install Kodi, everything else should be considered unofficial.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/kodi-krypton-fools/
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3990 on: April 3, 2017, 06:06:26 pm »
Proper at the end of my tether with Kodi/Exodus on my fire stick now. Constantly having Exodus disappear and the fix to get it back (config wizard etc.) doesn't work for me as I get that wonderfully unsolvable 'check log error' which funnily enough I've just started getting when I open Exodus. I've reinstalled it twice now, can't be arsed doing it again, as it seems to be happening every other day.

Anyone had the same issues and found any viable solutions?

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #3991 on: April 3, 2017, 06:21:12 pm »
Proper at the end of my tether with Kodi/Exodus on my fire stick now. Constantly having Exodus disappear and the fix to get it back (config wizard etc.) doesn't work for me as I get that wonderfully unsolvable 'check log error' which funnily enough I've just started getting when I open Exodus. I've reinstalled it twice now, can't be arsed doing it again, as it seems to be happening every other day.

Get yourself a Rpi.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3992 on: April 3, 2017, 07:04:10 pm »

I would just uninstall Kodi and do new install with 16.1. dont you have a build?
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3993 on: April 3, 2017, 07:24:37 pm »
Install 17.1 if you want most of the links to work. Loads of the streaming sites have moved/are moving to https for security reasons and you need the updated version of Python in 17.1 for it to work.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3994 on: April 3, 2017, 07:25:39 pm »
I would just uninstall Kodi and do new install with 16.1. dont you have a build?

I got the firestick and put Kodi on myself. I think I have Jarvis 16.1 installed already, I'm loathe to do yet another reinstallation after I'm seemingly having the same problems.

What's a RPI?

Will updating to Python fix the issue of the constant "log errors" I'm getting with the apps/add-ons?
« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 07:28:55 pm by Bunter »

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: April 3, 2017, 07:25:55 pm »
Get yourself a Rpi.
Indeed. No problems on 17.1 for me on a Raspberry Pi.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3996 on: April 3, 2017, 07:33:36 pm »
I got the firestick and put Kodi on myself. I think I have Jarvis 16.1 installed already, I'm loathe to do yet another reinstallation after I'm seemingly having the same problems.

What's a RPI?
I think you can sometimes spend more time trying to fix problems when a quick reinstall solves the problem far better.
You will still have the link to Kodi in ES so it will be a doddle. only take minutes. if you do go with 16.1 kodi then you have to scroll down to older versions right at the bottom.
Pulse build excellent and has exodus and more. only works with 16.1 though.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: April 3, 2017, 07:42:46 pm »

Will updating to Python fix the issue of the constant "log errors" I'm getting with the apps/add-ons?

Python is built into Kodi itself. You need to update to the newest Kodi to get the update.

It may be worth going into Tools in Exodus and clearing providers and cache. I had no HD links last week and that fixed it.

There's loads of alternatives to Exodus of course

https://kodicommunity.com/20-plus-best-kodi-addons-for-movies-and-live-tv-streaming/

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3998 on: April 3, 2017, 07:45:31 pm »
This is supposed to be easier than using ES File Explorer for putting a new installation of Kodi on a Fire TV Stick

http://koditips.com/install-kodi-on-fire-stick-fire-tv/

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #3999 on: April 3, 2017, 11:22:35 pm »
This is when Kodi could become illegal

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/kodi-could-become-illegal-12784863

Kodi is legal it's the third party apps, but even that's a grey area as the EU have said streaming is not illegal. 
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php