Author Topic: Liverpool Graffiti  (Read 50489 times)

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
Re: Liverpool Graffiti
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2017, 10:52:55 am »
Toast Gang filmed their new video around various graffiti spots in Liverpool, check out OPS, www.toastgang.com and pass it around.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2017, 11:20:49 am »
There used to be one in kirkby years ago that was my favourite

"7 Up's great ask Joan Hall"

Was going to post that, was on the leccy side on Tower Hill.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2017, 09:11:57 am »
^
Sine Missione get around. I saw some of their stuff in Ibiza last October. On the back of a 'phone box if I remember right.

^
^
I remember that ''Ordinary To Chelsea'' on Lime St. Even after it had been cleaned off you could still make out what it used to say.
I always thought it was Reds who painted that but I've seen a few Bitters claiming it was theirs. Mind you, they claim everything was theirs, don't they.  ::)

EDIT: Just googled the ''Ordinary To Chelsea'' and found that Transalpino Liverpool do a T-Shirt with it on.

Not sure how true the explanation of the origin of the graffiti is, but this is what it says ...

In August 1978 Everton fans travelling to an away fixture at Stamford Bridge suffered a terrible beating off the pitch as a well organised Chelsea mob attacked them en route in the tube station at Kensington High Street. Now in a time when the city rivalry was more friendly, outraged Scousers joined together and sprayed the infamous graffiti outside Lime Street station for everyone to unite together for Liverpool’s corresponding fixture and serve the Cockney hordes with some payback…. it simply read ‘Ordinary to Chelsea’.

The bolded bit is a pretty accurate account of the time and at the time there was no bitterness towards each other just banter but when the going got tough both sets did unite . The " battle of Kensington high street " was a small part of an eventful day for our blue bretheren of the time , lads had gone on an ordinary train they used to call the " bright n early " which arrived at euston about 9 o clock , this allowed a rather large crew of blues to roam the streets of London for a few hours .

Anyhow a big crew are walking down some street causing mayhem when someone decides to smash a jewellers window , and in the ensuing chaos some lads start grabbing at stuff out the windows before all scarpering . The clever ones decided to make a quiet exit for the day and return home quietly with there haul ..some decided though to go to the game with there spoils and risk arrest ...some Inc a couple mates of mine were rounded up and taken to the local nick for questioning and a thorough internal examination  :) then allowed out to attend the 3 o clock feature .

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2017, 04:38:53 pm »
^
Thanks for that.
Some crazy times back then, eh.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2017, 07:52:43 am »
I remember talking to my Evertonian best mate about it at the time he was there.  Times were different and we where Scouse first without having to think about it. When Millwall tried to take the Street end and got annihilated about 73 we were playing in the FA Cup and weighed in with Everton. We'd go to school and swap adventures we'd had with each other getting to always so when  Everton got attacked at Chelsea and they had people coming down the escalators and then cut off any retreat by having another mob come in on a tube there was mayhem with people forced onto the track and sustained fighting. It was the height of cheek and was an attack on our mates and fellow Scousers. No one even though about it everyone knew what had to be done. It was the times before we realised the futility of what we took for granted
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2017, 08:50:52 am »
I remember talking to my Evertonian best mate about it at the time he was there.  Times were different and we where Scouse first without having to think about it. When Millwall tried to take the Street end and got annihilated about 73 we were playing in the FA Cup and weighed in with Everton. We'd go to school and swap adventures we'd had with each other getting to always so when  Everton got attacked at Chelsea and they had people coming down the escalators and then cut off any retreat by having another mob come in on a tube there was mayhem with people forced onto the track and sustained fighting. It was the height of cheek and was an attack on our mates and fellow Scousers. No one even though about it everyone knew what had to be done. It was the times before we realised the futility of what we took for granted
Hooligan....
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2017, 09:36:30 am »
Hooligan....
Need to learn how to type English on my phone first.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2017, 03:36:58 pm »
GOURANJA! Near Tuebrook, used to always wonder what that was.

That's a Krishna one .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2017, 08:07:51 pm »
Has anyone noticed how certain parts of the city have become really scruffy, over the last six months, or so.

Has Joe axed the clean up squads?   as there seems to be tagging and shite graffiti proliferating everywhere.

Everyday, there's more and more, and the city suburbs are just getting scruffier and scruffier.   :butt

I've never known the city to have so much graffiti scrawled all aver the place.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2017, 02:43:52 pm »
Has Joe eaten the clean up squads?

Probably ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2017, 06:32:05 pm »
Not footie related, but I used to live dangerously sometimes and drive down Everton heights on my way to get to Great Howard Street and one evening sometime around '77 or so I'm sure I remember seeing emblazoned along the top wall of one of the Piggaries, in very large letters, the clear and unambiguous message of "Fuck the Pope".

Certainly as graffiti positioning went, it was quite an impressive achievement, visible for many miles, though I think it only lasted a few days or so before the council came along and cleaned it off, it perhaps being just a tad too provocative in such a prominent position.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2017, 04:19:32 pm »
Not footie related, but I used to live dangerously sometimes and drive down Everton heights on my way to get to Great Howard Street and one evening sometime around '77 or so I'm sure I remember seeing emblazoned along the top wall of one of the Piggaries, in very large letters, the clear and unambiguous message of "Fuck the Pope".

Certainly as graffiti positioning went, it was quite an impressive achievement, visible for many miles, though I think it only lasted a few days or so before the council came along and cleaned it off, it perhaps being just a tad too provocative in such a prominent position.

July sometime ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #92 on: April 4, 2017, 10:56:42 pm »
Drive past this every morning on the way to work and decided to get a pic' before the wall is demolished.
Where is it though?  ;)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 5, 2017, 12:14:49 am »
^
It's on a wall to the left of Christ Church just off Hawthorne Road, Bootle.  ;)

I see it when I drive round the traffic island there.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #94 on: April 5, 2017, 12:25:46 am »
^
It's on a wall to the left of Christ Church just off Hawthorne Road, Bootle.  ;)

I see it when I drive round the traffic island there.
Is the right answer  :)
It's pristine; Must have been inside the building.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #95 on: April 6, 2017, 03:59:48 am »
There was one in Dovecot years ago, it simply said "John Motson".

Genius.
We are Liverpool!

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #96 on: April 8, 2017, 11:42:40 pm »
Only a couple of days ago I saw the Echo treating a pair of young lads as Britain's most wanted criminals for tagging Merseyrail trains.

The headline calling for their heads accompanying their mugshots was one of the most absurd things I've seen in awhile.

Not until I clicked on the article did it reveal their crime. £50k in damages is bad but they had not mugged a pensioner.

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 2, 2017, 08:50:59 pm »
Is the right answer  :)
It's pristine; Must have been inside the building.

Been covered over now. Been walking past it every day but never got around to taking a picture. Wanted one with Christ Church in the background. That's procrastination for you.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #98 on: May 3, 2017, 08:35:39 pm »

Remember that Millwall day. I think we'd been knocked out of the cup the previous round and we had a league game against City if my memory is reliable.

I was waiting for a bus outside the Astoria after the game and a huge mob of Liverpool skins several hundred came down onto Walton Road the same time as Everton's were marching towards town. They joined up and went in search of cockneys. I was only about 12 but was in awe of this massive mob in their shiny air wear and crombies or maybe Harringtons.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #99 on: May 4, 2017, 08:54:22 pm »
Been covered over now. Been walking past it every day but never got around to taking a picture. Wanted one with Christ Church in the background. That's procrastination for you.
Yeah, noticed it when driving to work.
I'll stop and get a pic' of the censorship  :D

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 1, 2017, 01:57:31 am »
'Delta Scab Cabs' after being accused of under cutting other taxi's.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/einsteinsmonster/2840682854

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2019, 11:43:57 pm »
Anyone remember like 20+ years ago someone spray painted CAPTAIN BEEFHEART all around the town end of park road in the Dingle years ago ?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2019, 02:40:36 pm »
Anyone remember like 20+ years ago someone spray painted CAPTAIN BEEFHEART all around the town end of park road in the Dingle years ago ?

I remember that yeah. Wish I had some pictures.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #103 on: July 4, 2019, 04:49:52 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #104 on: July 5, 2019, 11:27:42 am »
around Allerton/Wavertree there's quite  few skater tags that have been done. TSA being one, looks shite.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 5, 2019, 12:54:32 pm »
around Allerton/Wavertree there's quite  few skater tags that have been done. TSA being one, looks shite.

Is TSA (The Scouse Asian) a skater?

I've seen his shite all over the south end, especially around the Sefton Park area. Someone clearly doesn't like his stuff because they tend to cross it out.

I wish he'd do one. Same with the likes of KWAS, EGA and JAS who seem to be messing up a lot of buildings down Park Road and also Derby Road as you go out of town northwards. Tagging is just self-aggrandising shite. 

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 5, 2019, 01:37:37 pm »
I remember an old friend of mine who used to paint trains in London etc. he was a proper little scum bag when we were growing up! We lived in Liverpool for a few years and he did a couple of great legal walls with a bloke called Stok. You defo would of seen some of Stok's things around town, can't miss his style always has penguins everywhere, not sure if he's still going up there though? They did a great piece in front of the Cains Brewery pub on Graffton street back in 2010 was boss, I'll try and get a photo of it uploaded later.

Online sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #107 on: July 5, 2019, 03:10:12 pm »
Is TSA (The Scouse Asian) a skater?

I've seen his shite all over the south end, especially around the Sefton Park area. Someone clearly doesn't like his stuff because they tend to cross it out.

I wish he'd do one. 

don't know if he's a skater, but its a thing synonymous with skaters tagging like that.  looks so bad though
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 5, 2019, 07:12:14 pm »
I remember an old friend of mine who used to paint trains in London etc. he was a proper little scum bag when we were growing up! We lived in Liverpool for a few years and he did a couple of great legal walls with a bloke called Stok. You defo would of seen some of Stok's things around town, can't miss his style always has penguins everywhere, not sure if he's still going up there though? They did a great piece in front of the Cains Brewery pub on Graffton street back in 2010 was boss, I'll try and get a photo of it uploaded later.
Stok has been around for years, hasn't he. I might be confusing him with someone else, but didn't he come from Thornton and once got collared and prosecuted? Possibly be British Transport Police? That was years back though. I've seen some of his more recent stuff around town. I assume he's a legit street artist these days.

This has just got me thinking about a couple of people from where I'm from in the north of end who are both now dead. They'd paint 'Skool' and 'Megas' everywhere. If I recall correctly, Skool was tagging a building and fell through the roof and died. Not long later, his girlfriend Megas killed herself. I always think about them when I see their names, now fading, on the bridge across Princes Way near Seaforth and Litherland railway station.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 5, 2019, 07:21:37 pm »
don't know if he's a skater, but its a thing synonymous with skaters tagging like that.  looks so bad though
Yep, it does look bad. Mind you, I'm being somewhat hypocritical here because in my youth I was notorious round our way for painting Liverpool FC stuff everywhere. These days I can appreciate street art, but I find tagging self-aggrandising garbage, and I hate the way many of them are so disrespectful with where they do it. Some twat even tagged the shutters of a funeral parlour on Park Road. Even when I was an immature dickhead painting LFC everywhere I'd never have done that.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 8, 2019, 03:29:04 am »
I seen this in a bog in the Cali on Catherine Street whilst having a shit.

' Ye Mah Chews on Crayons '

Fuckin tickled me that one.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 8, 2019, 03:35:09 am »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2020, 02:24:13 pm »

Offline Johann Gambolputty

• Main Stander
  • We are the Anny,Anny road end.
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2020, 09:15:05 pm »
Froggy is a frog, Green paint too.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2020, 10:22:14 pm »

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2020, 09:29:46 pm »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2020, 10:21:50 am »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2020, 12:57:36 pm »
A big 'Thanx NHS' sprayed on the side of a house heading out of town towards Sefton.

Because nothing says thank you like a badly spelled message defacing someone's house.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #118 on: November 1, 2020, 12:36:16 am »
Shrewsbury Castle.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #119 on: November 1, 2020, 12:55:31 pm »
^

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend