Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1046251 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
It's actually a decent read if you take it as a parody.

A defender might concede 4 goals but if they score themselves they're in the team of the week. So lazy it's funny.

Crooks is great fun.......similarly I find myself strangely warming to Chris Sutton, another genuine oddball character - as opposed to the halfwitted dull as fuck ex-pros who've been on a 2 week media training course and then assume they're the new Hugh McIlvanney (Mills, Jenas, Roberts et al) ...permanently grumpy and anachronistic, he sounds like he's been teleported from 1970's Mansfield FM.....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Crooks is great fun.......similarly I find myself strangely warming to Chris Sutton, another genuine oddball character - as opposed to the halfwitted dull as fuck ex-pros who've been on a 2 week media training course and then assume they're the new Hugh McIlvanney (Mills, Jenas, Roberts et al) ...permanently grumpy and anachronistic, he sounds like he's been teleported from 1970's Mansfield FM.....

haha I agree, the ones that try and come across all intellectual are worst. pat nevin, trevor Sinclair, hartson these are good pundits. its best to not take the rest too seriously - Sutton just thinks everything is shit, I'm sure merson is still pissed when he makes his predictions,

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Good:

Roy Keane

Graeme Souness

Alan Green

Brad Friedel

Jimmy Armfield

Dan Walker

Gary Mac and James Richardson should be on that list as well. Along with Peter Brackley(if he still commentates that is).
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/evenewtonjobs

In media sales, doesn't look like he has nothing to do with footy. Never did show his 'death threats' to the FBI either :lmao

Utter prick that bloke.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...

Gary Mac and James Richardson should be on that list as well. Along with Peter Brackley(if he still commentates that is).

Yep, good shouts (although Brackley is still recuperating following a heart attack) if i add Alan Parry to the list to round it up to ten - how much more pleasurable would football coverage be if it was predominantly that group covering matches?
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yep, good shouts (although Brackley is still recuperating following a heart attack) if i add Alan Parry to the list to round it up to ten - how much more pleasurable would football coverage be if it was predominantly that group covering matches?

Damn. Didn't know Brackley had been that unwell. I hope he makes a full recovery.

And yes, it would be better.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In fact seeing as I've mentioned James Richardson, I'll have to give a shout out to the whole European Football Show panel. They are all very knowledgeable and really good. That show is brilliant.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Keys'ey with some bad bitter bants

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/843006118943215616

Twat of the highest order, alan partridge prick

By the way, his website is shockingly bad - Bet he did it himself on squarespace or something

http://richardajkeys.com/index.php
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
It's actually a decent read if you take it as a parody.

A defender might concede 4 goals but if they score themselves they're in the team of the week. So lazy it's funny.
Exactly that mate. See a few posts ago my breakdown of how he invented a nickname for Kante and then presumed it was a common thing despite nobody else calling him it. He's a comedy character on BBC punditry, refusing to accept otherwise.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
Rob Palmer - I don't watch Sky's Spanish coverage so I can't pass judgement on his commentating but he's often on LFCTV's Press Box & talks absolute crap. Spends most of it talking in cliches & contradicting himself. Seems to love the sound of his own voice too

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
In fact seeing as I've mentioned James Richardson, I'll have to give a shout out to the whole European Football Show panel. They are all very knowledgeable and really good. That show is brilliant.

Yeah, who'd have thought that getting in a bunch of people who actually watch and study the game they're covering would be more informative than someone who happened to play the game? 

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Keys'ey with some bad bitter bants

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/843006118943215616

Twat of the highest order, alan partridge prick

By the way, his website is shockingly bad - Bet he did it himself on squarespace or something

http://richardajkeys.com/index.php

Just been on his twitter feed. He's taking a hammering for his latest Sian Massey tweet.

Some of the comments and stuff ripping him to shreds  :lmao

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
With today's technology and prices, why is "no commentary" still not an option? It can't be that complicated. I want to watch the match and listen to the crowd and maybe catch something from the pitch. I don't need the senseless shite spouting and hype.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:58:11 am by dalarr »

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
With today's technology and prices, why is "no commentary" still not an option? It can't be that complicated. I want to watch the match and listen to the crowd and maybe catch something from the pitch. I don't need the senseless shite spouting and hype.

I would choose that option because I do like to have the atmosphere but not them talking and so I often turn the sound off but then it feels odd watching in silence
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Andy Goldstein is quickly climbing my list. I used to listen the odd evening to the Sports Bar on Talksport if I had time, but every single time I've turned it on lately he's been banging on about Man Utd.
Cundy is a dick too, but at least he ha a go at Utd.
Also can we add a double act ?  Clive Fucking Tyldsley and Gary Neville - they were unbearable when Utd beat Chelsea

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Alejandro Moreno deserves a shout

What an annoying twat

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Alejandro Moreno deserves a shout

What an annoying twat

Utterly clueless that bloke. Seems to dislike us as well.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Jake Humphrey is unbearable. He's so try-hard.

And the amount of shoe-horning he's doing tonight (Europa League Final) to mention the Manchester attack in every single link is offensive.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan
Owen Hargreaves....
by a mile.....
the worst commentator.....
on earth

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
James Richardsons show on BT Sport has been chopped, yet BBC still employ Phil fucking Neville, English football punditry seems to a little clique these days, where "ex-pros" (95% English too) are employed by default, irrespective of knowledge, tactical breakdown, or any general insightful analysis really, you could list them off by the dozen, top of my own current list has to be Neville, Jenas, Sutton, Mills, not one of them has a fucking clue, trot out cliche after cliche, when the World Cup or another International tournament is on, and BBC bring in some ex players from other countries, the quality of analysis from them is night and day.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Owen Hargreaves....
by a mile.....
the worst commentator.....
on earth

Hands down. He's fucking unbearable.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hands down. He's fucking unbearable.
Everything is wonderful according to him.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They've cancelled European Football Show :butt

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
James Richardsons show on BT Sport has been chopped, yet BBC still employ Phil fucking Neville, English football punditry seems to a little clique these days, where "ex-pros" (95% English too) are employed by default, irrespective of knowledge, tactical breakdown, or any general insightful analysis really, you could list them off by the dozen, top of my own current list has to be Neville, Jenas, Sutton, Mills, not one of them has a fucking clue, trot out cliche after cliche, when the World Cup or another International tournament is on, and BBC bring in some ex players from other countries, the quality of analysis from them is night and day.

Spot on mate. And we'll see it again at the Confed cup in the summer.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan

And the amount of shoe-horning he's doing tonight (Europa League Final) to mention the Manchester attack in every single link is offensive.

He really was unbelievably bad. I've been downhearted reading/watching the events and i can totally understand a mention of it sporadically over the night. That would have only been right, but to constantly drum the whole thing over and over again during the whole night - it just didn't sit right to me.

Everyone all over this country was hoping to watch a game of football to escape reality and switch off for christ sake. He sure wasn't having it that way though. Fletcher was as bad as him too.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan

He's been dead to me, since he labelled Man UTD supporters as "long suffering" at the end of the Moysiahs solitary season, long suffering after winning the league the season prior?, what an enormous dickhead.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
They've cancelled European Football Show :butt

It was literally the best thing they had going as well. In fact I'd rather they sacked off their day to day punditry team and gave James Richardson and gang the chance to host the European matches both league and Champions league.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Phil Neville said last night's stadium had the best acoustics he'd ever seen. There's probably a United based Sixth Sense gag to be made there but I'm not that clever.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was literally the best thing they had going as well. In fact I'd rather they sacked off their day to day punditry team and gave James Richardson and gang the chance to host the European matches both league and Champions league.
He's easily the best presenter they had. Will he return at all?

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Danny Murphy Danny Murphy Danny Murphy Danny Murphy x 100000000000000000000000
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
To be fair I couldn't hear him mumbling away half of the time yesterday. He contradicted himself over and over when I did though.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Danny Murphy Danny Murphy Danny Murphy Danny Murphy x 100000000000000000000000

God, what a wanker he is.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Not necessarily a pundit, but he's on a sports-based show...

I'd love to know what material James Corden is blackmailing Sky executives with to be allowed on every single show they produce. Utter irritant.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Is it Clive Tyldsley saying Chilay and Chilayans in the Germany v Chile game? FUCK OFF.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Is it Clive Tyldsley saying Chilay and Chilayans in the Germany v Chile game? FUCK OFF.

I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned 1999 yet. :puke2
#Sausages

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan

I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned 1999 yet. :puke2

He'll be a broken man now he can no longer wank himself into oblivion with screams of "ROOOOOOOOONNNNEEEEYYYYY!"

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
Time for Leon Osman to be added to the list?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff needs adding, he was doing a t20 game the other day, jeez he was annoying, loud and never shut up.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff needs adding, he was doing a t20 game the other day, jeez he was annoying, loud and never shut up.

Saw he was trending on the Twitter that evening. Divided opinion for certain.

Heard him on the Big Bash before thought he was ok but then they all shout a bit.

Didn't hear him the other night. Plenty of bants, no doubt.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Maybe he should stick to the darts