Author Topic: Some quality/important posts you may have missed  (Read 767958 times)

royhendo

Re: Some quality/important posts you may have missed
« Reply #120 on: March 3, 2009, 10:25:31 am »
Later in the same thread...

I dont think Rafa wants to go and I dont think that he is seeking a way-out by stalling over the contract.

What I do think is that Rafa sees this moment as a unique, once-only chance to get the kind of contract he has always wanted (and had been led to believe would be the case the first time round).

Rafa knows that Hicks is desperate for him to stay on, as his (Rafa's) presence at the club adds millions to our value.  As I stated in a previous post, financiers arent interested in trophies won as much as cash generated, and the current cash cow in world football is the Champions League.  And no one can deny that Rafa's record in the Champions League is quite exceptional.  he has earned the club millions through Champions League football.

And, remember, taht RBS will value Rafa's presence as highly as any potential investor.  Which means that if Hicks wants to extend the loan in the summer, its vitally important to him that Rafa is still manager (and preferably on a long contract) as that is means it more likley that Liverpool will continue to over-perform in Europe and be able to service the loan.

Simply put, without Rafa's European expertise over the last 3 to 4 years, Liverpool would be in far mroe serious trouble than we are now.

Rafa knows this and is using the time between now and refinancing to say "OK, if you want me as manager when you come to refinance (or sell) then give me what I want (and what Ferguson, Wenger have)."

I think he does want to stay but he realises that if he is going to say it can only be without the frustrations he has encountered in the past and now is the best chance to be rid of them.

IMHO this is what accounts for the delay: his concern is that if he was given a nice, juicy contract now in order to help a refinancing deal and then he found that promises were subsequently reneged on as they were not explicit in the contract.  Hence his detrmination that verbal promises are realised as actual contractual stipulations.

Us losing in the league has not the slightest impact on anything.  No one expects us to win the League and frankly the banks dont really care.  Our match against Standard Liege was the most important of the season as far asthe banks are concnered (and who is to say they are wrong?)

Offline stylomilo

• Main Stander
« Reply #121 on: March 6, 2009, 01:53:17 pm »
with the recent negativity, just thought every fan should read this...

edit: didn't mean to patronise, apologies if you feel offended readin  ;D

My brother in law is one of the most passionate reds I know.

He's been watching Liverpool since the 2nd Division days and has been all over the world supporting his team.

He's also one of the most negative fans I know.

In Paisleys first season we lost at home against Burnley and he said to us on the way to the pub..."That's it lads..........all over for us now. We'll never get back to where we were under Shanks"

Everyone just laughed it off and it was never mentioned again that day as we all knew what he was like.
It was mentioned many times since though.

We ended the season as runners - up, but the rest as they say is history.

He's always been like that, he's a glass half empty feller in all aspects of his life. but in recent years when things have been difficult he's transformed into a level headed, glass half full feller.

Due to ill health he couldn't get to as many games as he used to but for the past few years he's improved health wise and has missed very few matches.

We were talking the other day about the last 20 odd years.....as you do.
I mentioned his change in attitude over the years and he started to explain a few things that should resonate with some on here.

He said that enforced absence has made him realise what he had for all those years. The privilege of witnessing some of the highest and lowest days anyone could imagine. Seeing the greats of the game playing for us and for the opposition.
Great managers pitting their wits against each other.

Making great friends and sharing so much with complete strangers.
All of this against a background littered with so much silverware, that if we never won another thing it would have been more reward than any group of fans ever thought they would witness or deserve.
He said that the unfair criticism of the team and manager this season has turned his stomach and he felt he needed to support more to counteract it. To defend his club.
Don't get me wrong, I still have arguments with him as he's got many different views to myself.
However......in the ground......he's a supporter.

Negativity isn't something I subscribe to. I don't have time for it. It's a wasted emotion.

Concern is natural and disappointment is the domain of 90% of all football fans. Frustration probably follows in the same proportion.

Saying that, I've never known the level of bile and incredible stupidity spoken by Liverpool fans like this season.
I've been saying since this campaign started that we have far too many who are not up for the fight.We just didn't have enough experience of a roller coaster title race. Seems like Ferguson was right wasn't he?

I still see it as a privilege to be born into this club.
I still go cold when I see the ground looming out of the sky.
When I see that glorious red kit against the lush green of the Anfield pitch,I'm an 8 year old kid standing on a box at the front of The Kop again.
The day that stops happening is the day they they nail the lid down on me.

What a nightmare season this could turn out to be.
What a glorious season this could turn out to be.

Who knows what will happen next at the house of fun?

One thing I do know is that we have a  unique club with a unique set of supporters.

We just have to find each other again.

« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 02:33:17 pm by stylomilo »

Offline Antony

• Stupid, thick cup of soupio
  • Legacy Fan
  • Barack Obam-la is Scouse Society
« Reply #122 on: March 6, 2009, 02:00:46 pm »
It's a matter of opinion.

Don't patronise me and tell me what posts I shouldn't or should be reading.
Aye lad, whens the remix coming out?

royhendo

« Reply #123 on: March 6, 2009, 02:18:37 pm »
It's a matter of opinion.

Don't patronise me and tell me what posts I shouldn't or should be reading.

Oh do fuck off. (Don't read this post if you don't want to.) ;D

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 6, 2009, 02:36:45 pm »
Perhaps someone should create the "dreadul/totally unimportant posts you may want to miss thread" for people who want something a little different? Is Simmo about? I'm sure he'd be happy to give a hand.

royhendo

« Reply #125 on: March 9, 2009, 01:12:31 pm »
I really enjoyed this from Zeb in the "Baking in Progress/Club Org Structure" thread on Off the Pitch.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=233434.msg5445814#msg5445814

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 9, 2009, 01:23:25 pm »
Perhaps someone should create the "dreadul/totally unimportant posts you may want to miss thread" for people who want something a little different? Is Simmo about? I'm sure he'd be happy to give a hand.

i did try creating a thread that highlights the posts of idiots, knee-jerkers, and wums about 6 months ago which would hopefully shame people into becoming better posters and allow other posters to clearly identify who these muppetts were.  the mods deleted it - still think it would have made an interesting worthwhile thread.

royhendo

« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2009, 06:25:52 am »
:)

Good evening all,

I'd like to just quickly share with you my story of today. I've had a little bit to drink so please excuse any typo's along the way.

6.34am - I get a call from a friend of mine who I haven't seen for about 6-8 months. He's a guy I used to work with and just so happens to be a Man Utd fan. He wakes me up with this call and as I see the name on my mobile I'm wondering just what the fuck he's doing.
As it turns out, he's got tickets for today's game and has had a cancellation, and now he's not been able to get anyone to buy the spare ticket. So he then asks me the most stupid question of all time, "Would you be up for coming to the game today?"

He tells me that I wouldn't have to pay for it, it's just going to go to waste, and that everyone else has had to work or just hasn't answered their phone. I literally jumped out of my bed. "Damn fucking right I'm up for it!" I shout down the phone at him. He tells me to stick some clothes on and he'll be over within the next hour. Fucking hell!! I'm going to the game! A quick shower, a shave, some brekkie, and sure enough within the next hour he picks me up, along with three other mancs.

The entire journey is about pick on the pool fan. It's just mind-boggling the shite they come out with, but I'm happy enough to just be there, so I put up with the shite for the journey, knowing full well that I'm about to go to Old Trafford for the first time ever and have to stand in amongst a shower of these fuckers for the next couple of hours.

We get there and we're a little early, so it's a quick pint in some shithole near the ground. Didn't see what it was called, but it's basically ALL mancs and a couple of Manchester City supporters. I was shitting myself at this point. Like a prick I stuck my Liverpool shirt on before I went to the game, out of habbit mainly, and now here I am in a manc pub with my coat done right up to the neck! My mate ribs me a little bit nice and loud "it's a bit warm in here, why don't you take your jacket off?" so everyone keeps looking at me oddly. Absolutely shitting it now. I drank my pint nice and quick and now we're walking to the stadium.

We get in there (jacket still done right up) and I'm about 4 rows from the front, camera side right of the dugout. A fair few families around so I start to feel a little safer in this pretty horrific environment. I also started to think that because there were a few families about and lots of kids that there's little chance of any sick chants coming up from where I am. Which is just aswell because I don't know what I would have done if there were.

The game starts, cue loads of shite songs about us, about Gerrard, about Rafa, about Carra, over and over. Pretty deafening, but at the same time you just sit there looking over at the Liverpool fans and thinking "Fuck, I wish I was over there!", and wondering when this shower you're sat with will actually sing anything about their side.

Anyway, we start well and I'm enjoying it, smiling from ear to ear at that little turn Torres did when he should have had a shot on his left. Lots of shite spouted around me at that point. "Torres wouldn't make it here anyway", "It's a good turn but nothing Rooney can't do", etc. etc. Then comes the penalty. They all jump up and get all excited. Ronaldo scores and there's the shite "Viva Ronaldo" song. I feel gutted because we were well on top at that point.

Then, moments later, a ball over the top and nobody reacts because they're expecting Vidic to deal with it. I almost, ALMOST, yelled out in excitement when I saw Torres running on to it. I just knew he was going to get to it. He takes a touch and then BANG! 1-1.
I struggle to hold back my emotions, I'm absolutely over the fucking moon and I have to sit there and not do anything. Heads in hands all around me, my mate gives me a quick look to see what I'm doing. "Fuck's sake" I whisper, a smirk barely restrained.

Back and forth it goes for the next 10 minutes or so, and then all of a sudden Gerrard breaks into the box and is fouled for the penalty. "PENALTY!" I shout, as you do, and then have to follow it up quickly with another "For fucks sake!!", all the while almost wetting my pants with excitement. I stand there shaking as Gerrard runs up and smashes it home. Despair all around me, heads in hands. Silence.

Half-time comes and I nip to the toilets. I go straight into a cubicle and punch the air several times, absolutely fucking made up. Outside the mancs are all absolutely furious, moaning all the while about this that and everything. When I came out of the bogs I had no fucking clue how I just got there, so I'm looking around and luckily see my mate getting something to eat. Thank fuck for that.

Anyway, second half, we have to put up with lots and lots of pressure, and I have to stomach looking like I'm excited as Utd attack. Trying to force back the sick in my throat. But then, after what seems like ages, a red card!!! Bye Vidic, thanks for coming!
At this point A LOT of mancs piss off. I'm talking 30-40 around me alone. I was fucking gobsmacked. 20+ minutes to go and you're leaving?!? What the fuck? But I didn't care. I suddenly have more space and for the first time that day I slowly start to unzip my jacket.

3-1, 4-1. The crowd has gone. The songs have stopped. The mancs are fucked. And my jacket is off. At this point I was so fucking high I just couldn't give a shit. And the space around me was unreal. Nobody within 10 seats in any direction (other than my mate and his manc twats). Absolutely fucking bliss. A Liverpool fan, feet up, shirt on, at their shithole, 4-1 up, beaming from ear to ear, proud as fucking punch, and not a care in the world.

The final whistle goes and I can't contain myself any longer. I stand up, I applaud. A few mancs look at me as if I've just taken a shit in their coffee, but I just didn't give a fuck. One of them called me a scouse charlie uniform november tango, I just didn't give a fuck. One of them told me to "cover up that shite" I just didn't give a fuck. My team had just almost made me cry with one of the greatest results I've seen in my lifetime. I wanted to beat the fuck out of every manc I could see just to do my part.

It. Was. Fucking. Awesome.

Get back to the car, sullen faces everywhere. More abuse from them lot as I walk along with the biggest grin on my face ever. And guess what? A strangely quiet journey home. No piss-taking, no scouse jokes, no singing, just a lot of silence interspersed with the odd moan or two. But nothing else.

Oh, I tell a lie, there was a little bit of noise when I wound the window down and started singing Fields Of Anfield Road at the top of my voice past all the cars full of mancs. Fucking brilliant!

Get the fuck in.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2009, 06:53:22 am »
:)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah an excellent tale.. :D :D :D
good man Royhendo for highlighting it in your thread...

i still cannot believe the lack of Faith from the mancs, leavign the stadium with 1/3 of the game to go, do they get a refund too ??

loved the tale you told tho, well said...
im waiting to hear about the next freebe ticket your mate gives ya :D
(also, how to bleep did no manc fan want that ticket in the first place !! complacent tw*ts)

royhendo

« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2009, 03:42:06 pm »
The pundit's been on again... I missed them first time round so:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=contributions;u=15914

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2009, 03:55:05 pm »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah an excellent tale.. :D :D :D

A very nice tale. :)

I once stood on the Stretford end for a United-Liverpool game, but unfortunately remember virtually nothing about it. Think it was 83 or 84, I was a kid with an adult friend of my mum's; ended 1-1 and I kept fucking quiet throughout, though a couple of nearby older fans caught on to me presumably looking excited at the wrong bits (one gave me a smile and wink, but said nothing).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2009, 04:19:21 pm »
Not exactly a den of hate, but I got in the Fulham home end a few years back to watch us beat them 4-2, when Xabi waded in with a great performance after being 2-0 down at half time.
I did exactly what theredworm did, sat on my hands for most of the game but I broke and couldn't help myself jumping up out of my seat when Xabi's free kick went in to make it 3-2.  I was in about row 5, so there was a whole stand behind me when I jumped out of my seat.  I realised my mistake just about as my knees locked in straight extension and so I came out with "Oh For FUCKS SAKE" and looked around behind me with a nasty fed-up look on my face.  All eyes on me, I don't think they all bought it but I think they let me be because I didn't cheer it.
A fellow red was ejected across from me early in the first half and a group of home supporters were up on their feet shouting and threatening him before a steward grabbed him out.
The day was capped off as I witnessed the solar eclipse of any Liverpool fan's career, seeing Biscan score.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2009, 06:08:35 pm »
i watched us beat roma 2-0 away from the italian end.  very intimidating day.  my mate baz insisted on wearing his liverpool top until we got to the ground and saw puddles of blood all the way up to the stadio olympico - anyone who stopped to get their photo taken had their arse slashed.  then baz asked 'whats that smoke?' but it was tear gas the italian police were firing at their own supporters.  cue about 300 roma fans running at us as we make our way round the stadium to get our seat.

the actual match was out of this world.  the police had killed a roma fan the week before so they sat in total silence until exactly 15 minutes in when the whole ground stood up singing some song in italian.  we were bricking it by this stage but michael owen scored and we could barely contain ourselves.

when he scored his second we were up on our feet.  bad move.  we were hemmed into our seats by roma fans shouting us their equivalent of 'you'll never make the train'.  one geezer was wearing the single nicest piece of stone island i have ever seen - green heavy waxed cotton jacket (think a luxury barbour) with four patch pockets like an M1 military jacket; a quilted puffa lining and genuine sheepskin collar - was holding one ear up and drawing his finger across his throat.  he had two swallows tatooed between either thumb and finger so looked serious to me.

with 20 minutes to go though they started tousling our hair and laughing as they jeered their own team.  we weren't taking any chances and legged it back across rome.

the next day at the airport we were leaving at the same time as the reds so i got my photo taken with robbie; emile and vlad but my main memory was of loads of big scousers coming in with their arses bandaged.  not a lot of fun if you're squeezing into an easy jet seat all the way back to liverpool.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2009, 12:29:31 pm »
This was posted on another thread by enoder, says it all for me,a great read at the end of a great week:

Thanks a million, Rafa Benítez
WARNING: the following article is going to express alarmingly positive sentiments about a figure previously mocked by this very author. Rafa Benítez, we salute you.

I used to think that Rafa Benítez tactical nous was over-rated. My opinion was that he was great at adapting his side to cancel out the opposition, stifle them, annul their strong points, and then hope for a lucky break. It`s astonishing how often that seemed to work.

After all, that`s what Liverpool did to Chelsea in October when Rafa`s lot came to town and ended Chelsea`s magnificent unbeaten run at Stamford Bridge. If any one match sealed Phil Scolari`s fate, it was that one: Chelsea had been playing some electrifying football up until then, with fast-paced wing play, fullbacks bombing forward, and some nifty short-passes. Rafa`s ploy was to block the supply lines from the flanks, and to get into Jon Obi Mikel`s face to ensure that he couldn`t redistribute the ball from defence to attack. It wasn`t pretty, but by Zola it was effective.

The problem for Chelsea was that this ploy was seen by any number of other teams, Roma for starters. The secret to undoing Chelsea was out there, Liverpool had deployed it. It didn`t help that, having been found out, Scolari didn`t have an alternative tactic. Chelsea were undone by teams using Rafa`s tactics.

Fast forward to last week, when Liverpool first dismantled Real Madrid and then Manchester United. Rafa`s post-match conference on Saturday was astonishing. "We knew their defence had weaknesses," Benítez said. "They are strong in defence but that's because they have plenty of possession elsewhere. They have a lot of quality in attack but that is the main thing that they have. When they don't have the ball and you move the ball quickly and play behind their defenders you know you can beat them."

The Spaniard went on. "I do think they have weaknesses. We knew they are really good at playing between the lines with penetrating passes so we needed to stop those passes and put their midfielders under pressure every time they received the ball. After that we had to play simple passes and go forward quickly because they [United] are an offensive team and always high up the pitch."

In the analysis of the Guardian, ManU are so committed to attacking they can leave themselves vulnerable to fast, incisive breaks, particularly when the ball is played behind Vidic, whose weakness is his speed on the turn. "That was one of the ideas," Rafa confirmed. "We knew with [Torres's] movement we could create problems for their defenders."

Wow. What was that about? Why had Rafa been so explicit about his tactic that had so comprehensively undone Manchester United? As in his dissection of Chelsea, he had found the formula to destroy Manchester United. However, with Liverpool chasing Manchester United, and relying on the Champions to drop further points so that Liverpool can sneak up, he`s broadcasting loud and clear how to beat Manchester United. He is inviting opposition managers to follow the Rafa formula. You too can beat the Mancs, here`s how, he is shouting to the world, and particularly the managers of the 10 Premier League clubs still to face United.

And that is why, contrary to what the ManU faithful have been saying until lunchtime Saturday, Rafa Benítez is not only tactically more astute than Siralex, he has the advantage in the mind games. Earlier this year, Rafa read out an astonishing rant about Fergus, about how he influences the referees and the game`s authorities, not to mention his constant whining about the fixture list. It was painful to hear … except for one point: every single thing that Rafa said was totally true. ManU lapped it all up: on Saturday stalls were selling mock Rafa T-shirts that described the Liverpool manager as "Deranged! Ludicrous! Insane!" One banner at Old Trafford said "Rafa`s cracking up. The front cover of the Mancs`s Red News fanzine recently had Rafa superimposed into a straitjacket. The irony of all this couldn`t be funnier.

Liverpool used as motivation for their clinical demolition of Real Madrid firstly the Madrid President`s remarks that Madrid would piss all over Madrid. President Boluda predicted that Madrid would win 3-0 at the Bernabeu and 2-1 at Anfield. He certainly got that right. Rafa also used the comments from Madrid coach Juande Ramos that Rafa`s Liverpool was boring. And on the day of the match last week, Fernando Torres held up the front page of 'Marca`, the Real Madrid court circular, which had, splashed across the front page "This is Anfield … so what".

These are powerful motivation tools. Did Liverpool use, in the run-up to Saturday`s game, the banal but ill-advised comments by Wayne Rooney about how he used to hate Liverpool and that that hasn`t changed? Or was it the continued mockery of Benítez by ManU? Or was it the confident prediction by various ManU players that Liverpool would be knocked out of the title race by Saturday afternoon. Let`s just say that the net result was that, whilst United were jaded and complacent, Liverpool were stoked up.

Compare and contrast this calculated reply with that of Siralex. Firstly there was the fact that Fergus didn`t speak to Sky news before and after the game. The reason for this? A protest against a 12:45 kick-off time. Yes, readers, that`s a kick-off time that allowed maximum revenues (via Sky) for the club. That`s a kick-off time that had been suggested by the police, and discussed with both clubs. And agreed by both clubs. Apparently it hadn`t been to the liking of Siralex, who boycotted Sky.

Siralex already boycotts discussions with the BBC. The reason? It`s lost in the mists of time, based on a documentary on the BBC that questioned Fergus` son`s transfer dealings. A key element was when one BBC journalist dared to ask a critical question to the Knight of the Realm about Juan Sebastian Veron. Juan Sebastian Veron, that`s the midfielder who was purchased from Lazio for £30 million. To the question that Veron had been involved in an argument with his team-mates, Siralex blew a gasket: "People are always going on about f**king Veron. You tell me, what's wrong with Veron?", he fumed. "What's this thing about fights and all the rest of this sh*t? It's absolute nonsense, you know it's nonsense. Absolute lies. On you go. I'm no f**king talking to you. He's a f**king great player. Yous are f**king idiots." 4 months later Siralex flogged 'f**king great player` Veron to Chelsea at £15 million.

2 years ago, Siralex launched an astonishing attack on the BBC, saying that the national broadcaster is "arrogant beyond belief". Read that again: Fergus the bogeyman accuses the BBC of being not only arrogant but "arrogant beyond belief". You can`t make this kind of thing up.

Actually, I`ll tell you what you really can`t make up: after seeing his side hammered on home soil 1-4, demolished from A to Z, outmanoeuvred and tactically belittled, the best that Professor Mind Games could come up with was to claim that United had been a "better team". "It's a hard one to take as I thought we were the better team," he said. "We have to accept that it was a bad day in terms of the goals we lost, but I cannot fault the display." No really.

As Chelsea fans, we have every interest in hoping that ManU slip up. We didn`t manage to do that ourselves, but Liverpool have just helped make that possible. It would be boring if ManU go on to win a third successive League, let alone any of the other elements of their quintuple. It would also suggest that English football is not actually that competitive. Thanks to Liverpool, maybe an element of competitiveness has been reintroduced. That`s good news for Chelsea. For the moment, Chelsea and Liverpool are allies in hoping that ManU slip up again.

Fergus, if I were you I`d be looking nervously over your shoulder because (forget about José) you have met your tactical and psychological match in Rafa. And for the teams facing ManU in the coming matches, read Benítez`s comments and watch the DVD of the Liverpool game to see how ManU can be beaten. We owe it to football to push ManU and open up the League. Thanks for that Rafa.

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=513701

What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2009, 05:31:58 am »
Thanks for that JS...quality read!  When rentboys start praising Rafa, you can't help but think the end of the world is nigh  :P
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2009, 06:23:51 am »

That's a cracking bit from a chelsea fan, thanks for posting it JS!!
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

royhendo

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2009, 07:13:58 pm »
I stand by this.

Fucking absolute worst draw we could have got, but they'll never take it away from us when we do it. They'll never be able to say "oh you only won cos you got a soft draw" or "oh all the teams you beat didn't show up" without looking like fucking unhinged muppets (like saying you were the best team after losing 1-4). And you know who I'm talking about when I say "they." I'm talking about everyone outside of this club who has no respect or affection for it or its players and manager. Too many of them around to count, we all know who they are.

Chelsea, still one of the most expensively-assembled teams in the world. Still got Cech, Terry, Lampard, Essien, Drogba, Ballack, Anelka, Cashley and all the rest of the media-hyped Lahndan boys. Do we want to see them win the trophy we hold dearest of all? No? Well, doesn't the saying go that if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself? We already proved in in 2005 and 2007. Don't we want to atone for last year? Don't we want to tune the band up one more time, "Fuck off Chelsea F.C. you ain't got no history"? Well then fucking bring them. Hey lads, no Riise to score your goal for you this time.

Barcelona, top of the Spanish league. Hyped to the fucking clouds above. Star players all over the pitch, except maybe in goal and in defence. We've been here before, haven't we? When certain people laughed at the very idea of us going to the Nou Camp and not getting twatted. Only difference was, we didn't have Fernando Torres back then. We didn't have the most lethal partnership in world football right now playing upfront for us. No Skrtel either. Alonso going through a poor patch of form. No Babel or Benayoun to change things from the bench.

Yes, it's an intimidating task, having to beat both Chelsea and Barcelona. Embrace it. Embrace these nights, cherish them. Imagine the noise levels inside Anfield against Chelsea and Barca. Imagine the memories that are about to be forged. Imagine the laughter and the tears in your eyes and streaming down your face when we do it. Think about whether it would mean as much to beat Porto and Villareal. What do you remember most fondly, the 1-0 win over PSV in 2007? Or maybe the 2-1 over Juventus in 2005? Or even the loss to Barca in 2007?

Get up for it, because it's us that make the difference. The 12th man, a cliche or something tangible? Let's fucking prove it. Let them fear us. Let them emerge from the tunnel to a wall of sheer intimidation that will make them shit their fucking shorts. Our manager just said that he signed the new contract because of us. Don't let him down now. We have nothing to fear. We've just beaten Real Madrid 4-0 and Man. United 4-1. Barcelona, on the other hand, lost at home to Espanol a few weeks ago. Chelsea needed a late goal to beat Wigan at home. We're not perfect ourselves, but we're no worse than them. And we have the best striker in the world today lining up for us.

Let John Terry toss and turn thinking of how in the blue hell he's going to mark Nando. Rub your hands as Rafa no doubt did when we drew Real Madrid and he thought of what Nando and Stevie would do to Ramos and Pepe, only do it with even more glee, because Barca have Puyol, Marquez and the likes, very beatable. And they don't have a defender of Cannavaro's quality, and they don't have Iker Casillas in goal, they have a guy who dragged the ball over his own line the last time we played there.

This is going to be the most magical ride we've ever been on, so if you don't want to be on it, have a look at yourself. If you're so preoccupied about United's draw, go and watch their games. This is history in the making, we're part of it once again. The last time we beat Real Madrid in this competition, we won it. The last time we beat Chelsea, we got to the final. The last time we beat Barca, we got to the final. It's in Rome, where we've won twice already. We have Nando, Stevie, Carra, Masch, Pepe, Xabi, and the best manager in the world. Have some fucking belief, please. We're going to do it. Believe.

Deserves being in this thread..imho
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2009, 07:18:03 pm »
Deserves being in this thread..imho

E2K always has quality posts. This one was a monster.

:scarf

royhendo

« Reply #139 on: April 1, 2009, 11:02:16 am »
my scouse on because Mr Raffles Bennett is the most fat, but and is all that, and a handsome men and this is rarer. The mottley skin that suggest an' deserve alcohols licker now and again in privately of owen homes. The everly restlessness hazel eye like heap-on-a-mouse hero rabbit in  "WaiterShip Dow"  what led' 'em out of the blooded fields to land off milks and plenty and havin' it off  with Cadbury Caramel seduction femme-bit. The smaller tooth he got of a reminiscing a dolphin, or the large gums, it is a call difficult. The big blacker puffa jacket he sport which like rave late 90s and no doubt ample collect of Utah Saint and Shamen tape playing on loop in Rafa Den Tactical Bunker v.4-4-1-1. The boldly baldin' noggin that been match wiv' devilish straggly beard like wild prophet Old Testament off brimstone and furious wraths and thickened staff. He enigmatic emblematic badge and fuller figure head of SS Libpole. He buster of the moribund ices and seeker undiscovered country. A fearlessly finder of FACT and fancier of fantasy. A portly possibility people that passion for perfection pinnacle. Beloved belt breakin' boss. He gut broad range most attractive glass all in SPecSaver "designo" rack. WHSmith is an enthusiasm backer what wiv' the bulky purchaser A4 pad and PaperMate he a credit crunchie thumb and noser hero of stationary chain.

The gentleman thief of are hearts! He bounce off the slipping slate roofing tiles in a Victorian smog at a witching hour, a bloaty silhouette on face of this Moon. A linger grin in wisping heaving humid darkness in deadly hours. A rapier blade what cut your purses, me ladies? This bulky shadow what disperse in darkest flash? A glint diamond tippled cane and billow cape? A rapid shuffle white and black brogue what pound your slithering cobble? THAT was Raffles, my sons.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 1, 2009, 01:11:09 pm »
Sabu is my hero.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 1, 2009, 05:31:16 pm »
Sabu is my hero.
Who the fuck is this Sabu?

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #142 on: April 1, 2009, 05:57:26 pm »
he is a pundit :D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 1, 2009, 06:34:11 pm »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 1, 2009, 06:40:51 pm »

he's a car

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #145 on: April 1, 2009, 07:39:41 pm »
Sabu rules!  ;D

No wait, that *is* a car.....

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 1, 2009, 09:25:26 pm »

Offline uitmis

• Main Stander
« Reply #147 on: April 1, 2009, 10:37:44 pm »
Am I the only person on RAWK to find the title of this thread highly disturbing? So Royhendo has taken upon himself to decide which posts are ''IMPORTANT''.  Haven't Liverpool fans suffered enough through selective reporting and editing of opinion?

I realise that most people  have neither the time nor inclination to read every post, but the idea of someone appointing himself as judge of what  is or is not worth reading seems to me to be the height of arrogance.

royhendo

« Reply #148 on: April 1, 2009, 10:42:58 pm »
Am I the only person on RAWK to find the title of this thread highly disturbing? So Royhendo has taken upon himself to decide which posts are ''IMPORTANT''.  Haven't Liverpool fans suffered enough through selective reporting and editing of opinion?

I realise that most people  have neither the time nor inclination to read every post, but the idea of someone appointing himself as judge of what  is or is not worth reading seems to me to be the height of arrogance.

Yeah, cos the idea is for me to post and for nobody else to suggest anything...  ::) 

In fact, why are you bastards posting on my thread? Know your place you bunch of fucking minions!  ;)

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #149 on: April 2, 2009, 12:13:34 am »

In fact, why are you bastards posting on my thread? Know your place you bunch of fucking minions!  ;)

:D ha ha

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #150 on: April 2, 2009, 12:38:27 am »
All hail the great royhendo, selector of the posts important. ;D

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 2, 2009, 02:39:31 am »

Interesting post.
So you were drawn to this particular thread because you thought it might be a good idea to read 'some quality/interesting posts you may have missed'. As you say........you 'realise that most people  have neither the time nor inclination to read every post...'

Then once you were here, you realised that someone had the arrogance to put the thread up in the first place.

Which raises a few questions:

1. Why you didn't read any of the first few pages and see that it isn't just roy who is re-posting on here.
2. Do you think there are little red pixies who sprinkle stardust over all the threads and the good ones somehow materialise in here?

In other words............you think it's a good idea but you don't think anyone should do it.

Priceless.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2009, 02:45:29 am by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #152 on: April 2, 2009, 02:41:23 am »
That poster above is totally right.

Roy is just a shameful attention whore.

How dare he attempt to assemble Rawk's finest musings together
in an easy to browse and read thread of it's own.

I expect the Mods will do the right thing and ban him posthaste!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #153 on: April 2, 2009, 04:15:08 am »

Ha Ha - of all the gin joints.... Why come on to THIS thread if you don't like the concept???  Piss off and start your own then...

The fact that all the others who genuinely enjoy the pearls that royhendo so diligently collects keep coming back is testament to your "wrongness".

I love this thread because it constantly reminds me that there are some brilliant RAWKites and fantastic Reds - sometimes buried under the dross of knee-jerking moaners that can overwhelm even the most stoic. Keep up the good work amico.

so kudos to royhendo... illegitimi nil carborundum...

Oh and massive, massive props to the genius that is sabu.
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #154 on: April 2, 2009, 08:14:53 am »
Would you like a hand down from that horse? ;)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #155 on: April 2, 2009, 11:26:27 am »
Am I the only person on RAWK to find the title of this thread highly disturbing?

No. I too feel the inner grating, the deep turmoil in my heart caused by the cavalier use of the forward slash between "quality" and "important". Who the fuck does he think he is?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 2, 2009, 03:38:03 pm »
Yeah, Roy, gave your psychological complexion away with that forward slash.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #157 on: April 2, 2009, 03:57:46 pm »
Yeah Roy, why don't you go back to stalking Xabi Alonso. ;)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

royhendo

« Reply #158 on: April 2, 2009, 04:07:01 pm »
I'll say it again, pond life - why the fuck are you replying/posting on my manor/thread?

Do you want me to go postal/mental on yo' ringpiece/ass?

I am the judge. I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!
(© Stussy 2009)

Where did I put them bowling pins...?  ;)
« Last Edit: April 2, 2009, 05:29:58 pm by royhendo »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #159 on: April 2, 2009, 04:31:57 pm »
Thank you, Uitmis! Finally, someone speaks up about royhendo, arrogance personified! Many a Rawkite has been 'disappeared' for suggesting such a thing, thanks to him having all the mods in his pocket. I hope you do not suffer the same fate.

(please delete if you feel neccessary, Mr. hendo sir, thanks)