Author Topic: Lucas was out for the season  (Read 328440 times)

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lucas OUT for the season
« Reply #1840 on: January 21, 2012, 01:01:41 am »
"home". I love you Lucas.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1842 on: January 21, 2012, 01:20:46 am »
Lucas is returning to Liverpool...

LucasLeiva87 Lucas Leiva
After 6 weeks here in Sao Paulo it is time to come back home and start the next stage of the rehab.

...and he called it "home".  :'(
Home is where the heart is and his heart is in Liverpool ;)
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #1843 on: January 21, 2012, 07:40:25 pm »

Lucas's absence has seen Adam nosedive,whenever Adam was dispossessed,out of position or misplaced a pass etc Lucas covered & a lot of his flaws were overlooked.
Adam anywhere near our penalty area is a liability,so many cheap fouls conceded it beggars belief.
He is out of form,he doesn't merit a start right now.

It was as if the lads on the coach to the reebok shared a joint or two,fuck we were sloppy from the kick off.

I dunno,frustrated & angry,i have never ever left the ground or switched the reds off before the final whistle went but i had twitchy fingers today-that itself shows how bad we were.

If Andy Carroll scores 10 league goals in a red shirt i'll show my arse in the Lisbon.

Confidence shot & thats why the passing & moving is awry too.

Time to earn your spurs Kenny,some hard work at melwood required.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1844 on: January 21, 2012, 07:41:04 pm »
Our season ended with him.

Offline blackie2009

• Main Stander
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96
« Reply #1845 on: January 21, 2012, 07:42:21 pm »
couldnt agree more, we are shocking!!!

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: January 21, 2012, 07:42:26 pm »
Lucas's absence has seen Adam nosedive,whenever Adam was dispossessed,out of position or misplaced a pass etc Lucas covered & a lot of his flaws were overlooked.
Adam anywhere near our penalty area is a liability,so many cheap fouls conceded it beggars belief.
He is out of form,he doesn't merit a start right now.

It was as if the lads on the coach to the reebok shared a joint or two,fuck we were sloppy from the kick off.

I dunno,frustrated & angry,i have never ever left the ground or switched the reds off before the final whistle went but i had twitchy fingers today-that itself shows how bad we were.

If Andy Carroll scores 10 league goals in a red shirt i'll show my arse in the Lisbon.

Confidence shot & thats why the passing & moving is awry too.

Time to earn your spurs Kenny,some hard work at melwood required.
The real problem is: we didn't require wholesale changes to the team after some very good showing towards the end of last season. Why replace the core with Adam, Downing and Hendo? We just needed to ease one or two players and let them adapt to the Liverpool system instead of making wholesale changes which then creates another system for the existing players to adapt to.

Yes, and we do miss Lucas a lot!

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1847 on: January 21, 2012, 07:42:31 pm »
we need a replacement/partner for lucas asap! been saying this for the last two years, but really, our biggest concern is in midfield and not on the wings/forwards/strikers

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1848 on: January 21, 2012, 07:43:27 pm »

Still the cups mate, you might want to save that til next weekend ;)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1849 on: January 21, 2012, 07:44:20 pm »
Still the cups mate, you might want to save that til next weekend ;)

I wouldn't have said it at the time because I thought we had the quality not to replace him, but at least plug a few holes. We just don't seem to have anyone in our team that can be a DM, not even close to one.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1850 on: January 21, 2012, 07:44:44 pm »
It wouldn't be wrong I don't think to say he's been our best player this season and he hasn't played for the last two months.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1851 on: January 21, 2012, 07:44:46 pm »
At this point we might need a DM more than a Striker.  If anyone thought Lucas wasn't key to our midfield they do now. 

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1852 on: January 21, 2012, 07:45:10 pm »
Not sure if we're looking to sign anyone this month - we should spend the money on some horse placenta and this lad back a.s.a.p.

Incredible how much we miss him. 
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #1853 on: January 21, 2012, 07:45:12 pm »
I wouldn't have said it at the time because I thought we had the quality not to replace him, but at least plug a few holes. We just don't seem to have anyone in our team that can be a DM, not even close to one.
Spearing but he is injured too. :(

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #1854 on: January 21, 2012, 07:45:40 pm »
Get well soon lad, this team missed you immensely,
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: January 21, 2012, 07:46:16 pm »
Spearing but he is injured too. :(

That's the thing I would count Spearing as a decent replacement, but after having been sent off and then injured, there really isn't anyone. I know teams get injuries but we should have someone, anyone other than Lucas and Spearing to be a DM,

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #1856 on: January 21, 2012, 07:46:51 pm »

Spearing was having a blinder vs Manchester City before he was strung,very unfortunate for the lad-he has progressed steadily to deserving a run in the team.

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1857 on: January 21, 2012, 07:47:20 pm »

If we go out of the cups, then I hope one of the kids like Coady gets a chance ahead of repeating mistakes like Adam at DM.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1858 on: January 21, 2012, 07:48:25 pm »
If we go out of the cups, then I hope one of the kids like Coady gets a chance ahead of repeating mistakes like Adam at DM.

See I would be all for that, at least get someone in there who knows how to play there. Even if we get a quicky loan deal for someone. Just bring in anyone.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1859 on: January 21, 2012, 07:49:28 pm »
Apparently i was mad to say we needed to buy a back-up defensive midfielder in the summer. Adams good enough to cover if anything happens to Lucas i was told, makes me wonder about how delusional some people are when it comes to defending their favourite players and people. Some will go as far as chatting complete and utter bullshit to back the choices of people at the club and question anyone who doesn't follow suit

Utterly ridiculous, why do we never see what is staring us right in the face but other clubs can in an instant

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1860 on: January 21, 2012, 07:50:36 pm »
I believe Lucas is back with us or is imminent. Boy, do we miss the fellah. Get well soon lad, and be quick about it!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1861 on: January 21, 2012, 07:51:19 pm »
Miss you, Lucas  :'(

Offline The Portuguese Kopite

• 16? Yes. Naive? Maybe. Man enough to apologise when he's been a tool? Definitely. Megalolz.
  • Kopite
  • An American-Portuguese English football fan.
« Reply #1862 on: January 21, 2012, 07:51:55 pm »
At this point we might need a DM more than a Striker.  If anyone thought Lucas wasn't key to our midfield they do now.

Agreed. Without a true DM, we compensate by putting Adam and Gerrard both back. Waste of Gerrard who really should be a lot further up the pitch while Adam could just be replaced by someone who can actually fill that spot properly.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1863 on: January 21, 2012, 07:52:31 pm »
I miss him.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: January 21, 2012, 07:52:49 pm »
The second goal we conceded was abysmal. There was a moment in first half when Ngog dropped off from our centrebacks and there was a massive amount of space between them and the midfield. If we aren't going to get another midfielder in now, we have to play 3 centrally.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1865 on: January 21, 2012, 07:53:06 pm »
Spearing was having a blinder vs Manchester City before he was strung,very unfortunate for the lad-he has progressed steadily to deserving a run in the team.

We've played poorly since then.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1866 on: January 21, 2012, 07:53:32 pm »
Coulda done with Lucas today.  Hope he comes back strong as ever.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1867 on: January 21, 2012, 08:26:46 pm »
Well, we all had concerns about what life would be like without Lucas in central midfield (most of us anyway). Today we saw (again) that it's just not much fun.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1868 on: January 21, 2012, 08:33:49 pm »
You know how sometimes players become a bit overrated as a result of being unavailable. Cleverly for example, perhaps even Agger. This really isn't that. Our midfield is a lot poorer without him, and a complete mess without Spearing as well. Defensively and attacking. He doesn't have the flashy passing that Adam provides on rare occasion, but he gets the ball to a player in a dangerous position quickly, and he puts it on their foot. He plays in a position where inexperience and inability really does cost you

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #1869 on: January 21, 2012, 08:41:36 pm »
There s a statement I've seen on a bloke's T-shirt at the game.  It says this:

"Lucas improves every passing game"

So many meanings, all of them true.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1870 on: January 21, 2012, 10:20:45 pm »
This. Sad but true.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1871 on: January 21, 2012, 10:21:24 pm »
If Adam plays well, then Gerrard can concentrate on being a proper "first wheel". He most certainly have the skills to do it. The problem is/was that this was Bolton. You don't want Gerrard, of all people, to be your dedicated DM/first wheel vs Bolton. And he wasn't. Whenever he sorta felt the urge to be it, he did with his usual enthusiasm.

To me, maybe Adam can do an okayish job covering, so to speak, for Lucas, when he's at his best (Adam, that is). But, on current form, which may be closer to his real, consistent ability, he sucks donkey dick as a covering or withdrawn midfielder. On top of all that, he also has that "I am tough mofo, you all, including the ref, are softies" wanker attitude. One cal lip-read him telling the ref "I didn't touch him" and then watch the replay and be embarrassed.

It's not as if Spearing is really a shoe-in understudy, but he's the best option when available. Hendo will probably be able to be the 'first wheel' when he's 25, also. At the moment, he's imitating his good buddy Johnson in being crap defensively.
Ludi Circenses!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1872 on: January 21, 2012, 10:22:43 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1873 on: January 21, 2012, 10:24:35 pm »
Can we not just sacrifice Adam in some sort of Satanic ritual to get Lucas back?

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1874 on: January 21, 2012, 10:25:39 pm »
Well, we all had concerns about what life would be like without Lucas in central midfield (most of us anyway). Today we saw (again) that it's just not much fun.

Life without him in midfield means we just don't have a midfield. A passing is nowhere near as crisp and the holes are just glaringly obvious.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:44:51 pm by Rohit »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1875 on: January 21, 2012, 10:35:13 pm »
whack conor coady in at DM, would do a miles better job than adam is

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #1876 on: January 21, 2012, 10:40:42 pm »
Can we not just sacrifice Adam in some sort of Satanic ritual to get Lucas back?

:lmao

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1877 on: January 21, 2012, 10:41:44 pm »

:lmao
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1878 on: January 21, 2012, 10:42:22 pm »
No. That may be enough to cure a bruised bone, but for an ACL you need several Adams...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1879 on: January 21, 2012, 10:44:12 pm »
No. That may be enough to cure a bruised bone, but for an ACL you need several Adams...

What about an Adam & a Downing?
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type