Author Topic: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article  (Read 195952 times)

Offline JimmysHammer

• Kopite
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: Roy to be Sacked. Sometime.
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2010, 10:01:30 pm »
Not happy with this. It removes any incentive for manager and players to do anything. The manager won't try, as he's gone anyway (not that him trying was any good). The players won't follow his direction anymore, because he's gone (not that his direction existed or helped). If he had been sacked, they would've tried to impress a new manager or to get results in for the clubs future. There's no real reason to perform now. Bad move by FSG imo, they should have just sacked him or at least relieved him from duty, with an assistant taking over for tomorrows match. How long will this continue, until the summer?

Lets hope they put this out there beacuse talks with a new manager are further than they are letting on to.

I'm hoping that some of the players will perform due to pride in the shirt, and i'm hoping the rest will perform to try and impress whoever the next manager is (surely Commolli will be briefing Roy successor on the squad)

Heres holping anyway. we just need to pray the club is not irrepairably damaged before this happens.

At the very least, now Roy is on his way the fans can concentrate on 3 points and supporting the team.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups - George Carlin

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2010, 10:01:55 pm »
What's that got to do with this debate Andy? Talk about flogging a dead horse ...
And the next person suggesting Martin O'Fucking Neill for manager needs banning. Why would ANYONE think he's the answer?!

Not me. That's for sure :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2010, 10:02:16 pm »
Unemployed managers

Kenny
Rijkaard
Benitez
MON
Allardyce

who else is out of a job?

Son of Fergie!!!!!
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2010, 10:02:28 pm »
And the next person suggesting Martin O'Fucking Neill for manager needs banning. Why would ANYONE think he's the answer?!

he's a great man manager which is what the players need right now

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2010, 10:02:43 pm »
Debatable about the warts, though.
I think not.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2010, 10:02:49 pm »
Quick question Paul do you think this will make Torres stick around for longer?

Not sure to be honest. There's only so many changes, rebuilds and starting again a club can make before a top player thinks 'fuck it, I'm off'.

Sadly for us Torres arriving also came at a time when two yanks decided to ruin the club. What he could have done here with decent owners and a steady ship would have been immense, but to be honest, and same goes for Reina, I think they've showed great loyalty with us over the last year or so, even if he's sulking now.

I can see him going for sure, but it all depends on what happens in the next 6 months. But think this might be his last season for us.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2010, 10:02:52 pm »
If Martin o'neill becomes manager of Liverpool fc I will give up on football forever.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2010, 10:03:09 pm »
Tell me Gerrard wasn't a petulant shite last season. Still on Ł110,000 a week.

No mate I dont think he was. Clearly you have issue with Gerrard and I am not getting involved.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2010, 10:03:09 pm »
Son of Mr Alex Ferguson!!!!!

I would have done a jihad if that happened
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2010, 10:03:29 pm »
Nice bit of fishing here :)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2010, 10:04:05 pm »
Rafa or Kenny. Simples.

Not simple if you dont want to sack the manager though mate.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2010, 10:04:10 pm »

hands-down-the-pants and safe-hands-steady-the-ship type, will do well for us, at least according to some senior players ...
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2010, 10:04:14 pm »

Genuinely don't see any reason for people wanting him as our next long term manager. Really can't. As spiky as Hodgson, as mental as anyone and only has one plan in games. I have no idea who we should appoint, but I don't want O'Neill.

If Martin o'neill becomes manager of Liverpool fc I will give up on football forever.

Seconded.

Offline greatbritton

• Anny Roader
  • As Always, I am Focused on Supporting My Manager
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2010, 10:05:00 pm »
Can any one explain this to me?

Why would Roy get a payout for being fired when his performance is so poor?

I really don't understand that, really don't.

do you not understand what a contract is?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »
Not sure to be honest. There's only so many changes, rebuilds and starting again a club can make before a top player thinks 'fuck it, I'm off'.

Sadly for us Torres arriving also came at a time when two yanks decided to ruin the club. What he could have done here with decent owners and a steady ship would have been immense, but to be honest, and same goes for Reina, I think they've showed great loyalty with us over the last year or so, even if he's sulking now.

I can see him going for sure, but it all depends on what happens in the next 6 months. But think this might be his last season for us.

depressing but I agree. Although if we get a world class manager I think Torres and Reina will stick around for another season. Torres and Reina's problems right now are tactics. Maybe someone with attacking football can convince them to stay. I hope so though.

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2010, 10:05:08 pm »

So was Roy suppose to be, both are old and loved by the media. We need Someone younger and with different nationality than British so we can piss of the media. Ohh how i Hate the Media

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2010, 10:05:50 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline foreverred1983

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2010, 10:05:54 pm »
If we had to choose an unemployed manager right now, Rijkaard please.

No thanks. Too risky in my opinion. He has won stuff with Barca but everywhere he has been average at best.

I feel sorry for Roy in a way. He is a walking p45 and everyone knows it.

I dont know who they could get in the middle of the season as a long term replacement. If they manage that then fair play to them but id say itll be short term till the summer. Again thats anyones guess at this stage but whoever it is has to hit the ground running because things could get very nervy in the league if they dont.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2010, 10:06:19 pm »

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2010, 10:06:23 pm »
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2010, 10:07:14 pm »

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2010, 10:07:21 pm »
All the cries for Rafa to come back are ridiculous. It would never work under the current set-up with Comolli.

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
  • Enjoying the sun, missing the football
« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2010, 10:07:40 pm »

but not in the long term, knee jerker all the way

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2010, 10:07:54 pm »
All the cries for Rafa to come back are ridiculous. It would never work under the current set-up with Comolli.

And you know that for a fact how?
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2010, 10:08:05 pm »
depressing but I agree. Although if we get a world class manager I think Torres and Reina will stick around for another season. Torres and Reina's problems right now are tactics. Maybe someone with attacking football can convince them to stay. I hope so though.

Agree with that mate. Next appointment is very important. Hopefully, as you say, when they pick the next manager it's with an eye to how he'll get the players we have performing and intergrated into a style of play, not just short sited like the Hodgson appointment who's style of play barely suits any of our star players. Agger, Reina, Johnson, Torres all seem to be pissed off with the way he goes about things.

It's all very well picking a manager, but they have to have a plan to get the best out of what we have, which Hodgson doesn't have. I think the WORST thing about him is that his style of play alienates all our star men, pretty much.

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2010, 10:08:43 pm »
Although I'm anxious that we get rid of Roy, I actually find Fenway's idea here quite reassuring. They aren't making a populist short term decision, as is so often done in football. They are waiting to find the right man. I believe this will be good for us in the long term, even if the next couple of months make for horrible viewing.

Waiting for the right man?? he'd have to be shit hot to pull us out of the championship and go on to win the prem!!  ::)
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2010, 10:08:43 pm »
do you not understand what a contract is?
Funnily enough I do, thanks for asking.

My contract has massive sections about my performance, if I don't perform I get fired.

I would leave with nowt if I performed like Roy.
W

Offline foreverred1983

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2010, 10:08:48 pm »
No mate I dont think he was. Clearly you have issue with Gerrard and I am not getting involved.

I have no issue with Gerrard and in all fairness he didnt try his best last season. He gave up which was hard to watch. He is trying this season, the problem is his teammates arent as enamoured with the change in management as he seems to be. So they are putting in the same amount of effort for Roy now as he did last season for Rafa.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2010, 10:09:03 pm »

Yes it would, Rafa is a great coach, and Comolli would find him top class players.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2010, 10:09:11 pm »
I can think of only two reasons why they would leak this now;
1)They are confident they will be able to get the man they want in soon, and that the switch from Hodgson to the new man will happen fairly shortly.
2)They know they'll only be able to get the man they want in the summer, so leak this out to try and reduce the volume of the fans disquiet so that Hodgson can limp along till the summer when they can make the change.

At the moment 2) feels the more likely to me, but let's hope it's 1).

"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2010, 10:09:19 pm »
I agree about O'Neill, not a good way to go.
And anyone who wants Coyle should be shot.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2010, 10:09:42 pm »
Is it better to have a board who pretend to know something about football or a board that just don't I wonder. What page are they on now? They finished reading the good book yet and found any clues?

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:17 pm »
Thirded.

Fourthed

Fifthed.

seventh

Apart from Get thinking 7 comes after 5, I think one of these is called for...

... in celebration that we all agree he'd be shit.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:32 pm »
Agree with that mate. Next appointment is very important. Hopefully, as you say, when they pick the next manager it's with an eye to how he'll get the players we have performing and intergrated into a style of play, not just short sited like the Hodgson appointment who's style of play barely suits any of our star players. Agger, Reina, Johnson, Torres all seem to be pissed off with the way he goes about things.

It's all very well picking a manager, but they have to have a plan to get the best out of what we have, which Hodgson doesn't have. I think the WORST thing about him is that his style of play alienates all our star men, pretty much.

That's what got to me from the off. They style of play just never suited us as a whole. And instead of realizing it and changing his tactics, he tried to force players into it.
Next manager will be crucial.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:32 pm »
but not in the long term, knee jerker all the way

am i shite a kneejerker

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:34 pm »
To be honest i am disappointed
as i was expecting more than this.
By the look of things he will stay
here till the end of the season. What
FSG needs to know is that good
managers can be made available
even in mid season if they are willing
to throw some bucks
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2010, 10:10:56 pm »

Ive got few AK 47 in my garage So if u in let's go

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2010, 10:11:22 pm »
Disagree, maybe too soon for Coyle, but he's seems to be a really talented manager.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »

Exactly.  With the players we have, a manager who allows them to express themselves more and doesn't straighjacket them would be a start.  That's why I'd take Rikjaard or Deschamps any day over O'Neill.  Keeping the players happy is also about keeping the footie vibrant. 
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2010, 10:11:38 pm »