Author Topic: Is something going on for Juventus?  (Read 18110 times)

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Is something going on for Juventus?
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2006, 06:21:10 pm »
Well, that's interesting.

Wonder if the Italian FA have the balls to do anything about it.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline hoobastanker

• Kopite
  • Ye dirty halien Ye
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 06:25:06 pm »
I would hope so! I think in this case, the smoke is coming from a pretty big fire.... i hope they get to the bottom of it.
Xabi for Ireland

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2006, 06:31:39 pm »
I cant say I see what all the fuss is about, they may have asked for certain referees, but so what, I would love to get certain refs for our matches as well, I would always ask to not get Mike Riley cause he is awful and a c*nt. ;)
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 07:35:19 pm »
Their whole board has resigned now.

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2006, 07:57:12 pm »
Nice to see Graham Poll considered an idiot abroad.

No, but Paul Green is shit.

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2006, 08:03:42 pm »
Th problem is becuase it could mean matches are fixed, referees have clearly been chosen because it is beneficial to Juventus. This could be due to a bias towards the club or monetary gain.

(A conversation takes place between Pairetto and Paolo Dondarini, the referee he had selected to officiate a Serie A match between Juventus and Sampdoria.)

PP: You know what you have to do. Make sure you see everything. Even that which isn't there.

This is what the fuss is all about.

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2006, 08:10:01 pm »
Their whole board has resigned now.

That doesn't make any difference, they will just appoint new board members and carry on regardless.............same shit, different flies.

They cannot believe they can get away with this, can they?  ???
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:19:21 pm by heno »
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2006, 08:11:53 pm »
No, but Paul Green is shit.

I'd still take him over Uriah Rennie.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline bsb2002

• Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2006, 08:29:45 pm »
all you have to do is watch juve games to see there is usually something fishy going on

they get an inordinate amount of suspect (and important) calls, and small clubs blatantly roll over for them - siena gave up 3 goals in the first 5 minutes the other week.

it's a joke, and i hope they get absolutely drilled for it

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2006, 09:03:57 pm »
Sounds like they have got Juve banged to rights here

But will they stick with the letter of the law and demote Juventus? Will they bunnies. This is Italy we are talking about here...bent as fuck administators are ten a penny and  the two clubs who are untouchable are AC Milan [Berlusconi may be the ex prime minister now but still very influential and if they were caught up in a similar scandal there is no way anyone would have the balls to act] and the Old Lady ::)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2006, 09:17:16 pm »
Weren't Marseille banned from Europe for trying to fix matches? 

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2006, 09:22:35 pm »

Also relegated to 2nd division...

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2006, 09:39:20 pm »

Marseilles are a complete different kettle of fish to Juventus though - Juve are pretty much above the law in Italy, whereas Marseilles are a team from a poor immigrant city and not in cahoots with the Parisian based football establishment

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2006, 11:10:42 pm »
Well I dont have the actual stats, but my guess is that Juve is the team with most red cards during a season, so this bollocks about the refs doing them favors is just envy bullshit.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline byrnetred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are men of Shankly's best...
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2006, 11:26:22 pm »
Well I dont have the actual stats, but my guess is that Juve is the team with most red cards during a season, so this bollocks about the refs doing them favors is just envy bullshit.
enough bullshit for the entire juve board to resign and the 2 leading officals on the italian fa to resign...?
...i miss my scouse accent...

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2006, 05:45:11 am »

Not only have a blind faith with certain player, but with certain club as well???

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2006, 09:22:55 am »

Clearly you are biased if you think there is nothing wrong that they have done, you are like that minister in Iraq who said they were winning despite U.S tanks being behind him. Comical Ali or something.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2006, 09:52:11 am »
It is like watching fucking Dream Team

Offline Kardiffuk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2006, 09:59:05 am »
It now gets better:

The entire board of Juve have resigned!!

The entire Juventus board has resigned after days of press revelations over embarrassing telephone interceptions involving its top management. Italy's Football Federation is probing Juve general manager Luciano Moggi over allegations of collusion in appointing referees for Juventus games.

The club plan to hold a shareholders meeting on 29 June to replace the outgoing board.

Juventus could clinch their second successive Serie A title on Sunday.

The president and vice-president of the Federation, Franco Carraro and Innocenzo Mazzini, have already resigned their positions in the wake of the publication of the taps.
Moggi is at the centre of the probes which are looking into the operation of the GEA management company headed by his son Alessandro, which controls the affairs of almost 200 players and coaches in Italy.

On Wednesday, judicial sources in Turin said that Juve CEO Antonio Giraudo was under investigation for false accounting relating to player transfer deals.
Giraudo and Moggi are both members of the Juventus board but it was not immediately clear how the resignation of the board would affect their full time positions with the club.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4763239.stm

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2006, 10:09:03 am »

Its been happening for years, everyone knew about it. I just hope now that something is done and I hope they get fucked to be honest.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2006, 10:28:59 am »
Christ they make the German team in escape to victory look honest
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2006, 10:31:40 am »
Christ they make the German team in escape to victory look honest

:lmao

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2006, 10:56:59 am »
I guess Juve will comment these things after this weekends Serie A decider against Reggina. They have had a press boycott for several weeks now, because all the shite they get in the press, this started long before these accusations saw the light off day.

But after securing their 29 Scudetto, the press silence will be over.

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2006, 11:00:45 am »
I guess Juve will comment these things after this weekends Serie A decider against Reggina. They have had a press boycott for several weeks now, because all the shite they get in the press, this started long before these accusations saw the light off day.

All the shite they get in the press?

Are you insane?

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2006, 11:04:14 am »

But now all those shit was proved to be correct so they deserve it. I hope they will end up in Series B next season for this but its not going to happen.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2006, 11:15:10 am »
But now all those shit was proved to be correct so they deserve it. I hope they will end up in Series B next season for this but its not going to happen.

Nothing is proved to be correct at all mate.

If you ask for a certain ref, is that the same thing as that ref will give you an advantage?
I don't think so, you can turn it around and say this ref will not give you a disadvantage.

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2006, 11:17:59 am »

If you ask for a certain ref, is that the same thing as that ref will give you an advantage?
I don't think so, you can turn it around and say this ref will not give you a disadvantage.
And yeah thats really fair to the other team

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2006, 11:20:18 am »

I am not going to argue with you on this anymore if you think that's not cheating.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2006, 11:21:50 am »

If Manchester United were found to have continually asked for Mike Riley, wouldn't you ask why?

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2006, 12:14:44 pm »
If Manchester United were found to have continually asked for Mike Riley, wouldn't you ask why?

Like I said, lets turn it around, if we asked not to get Mike Riley but Pol instead because Poll is the better ref, would that be cheating?

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2006, 12:18:01 pm »
Like I said, lets turn it around, if we asked not to get Mike Riley but Pol instead because Poll is the better ref, would that be cheating?

thats a fair point about specifically asking not to have Riley coz he's clearly biased BUT you can't go demanding the ref you do want - wouldnt it be better to let the authorities decide?

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2006, 12:48:41 pm »

But they specifically said they wanted a ref because he was worse, not better.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2006, 12:54:27 pm »
But they specifically said they wanted a ref because he was worse, not better.

Were you there?

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2006, 12:58:14 pm »
(A conversation takes place between Pairetto and Paolo Dondarini, the referee he had selected to officiate a Serie A match between Juventus and Sampdoria.)

PP: You know what you have to do. Make sure you see everything. Even that which isn't there.

From the transcript on the first page.

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2006, 12:59:03 pm »
FFS man.

The entire board just resigned. Do you think they would have done that if they were entirely innocent in the affair?
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2006, 01:00:21 pm »
FFS man.

The entire board just resigned. Do you think they would have done that if they were entirely innocent in the affair?

He has statistics to prove that the board were innocent.

Offline rob76

• Kopite
  • foxx il- united!!
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2006, 01:16:07 pm »
Were you there?
you must be the only person in the world that believes Juve are victims.

Why have Moggi and Giraudo been sacked?

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2006, 01:37:57 pm »
you must be the only person in the world that believes Juve are victims.

Why have Moggi and Giraudo been sacked?

I believe people are innocent untill proven guilty.
Not because I read something in a biased press, no one actually knows whats going on because of Juves press silence, a press silence that has been going on for weeks, long before this story saw the light of day.

Just fuckin sign him!

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2006, 02:10:14 pm »
Because of the previous story about the Juve doctor, maybe?

Anyway, what do you expect Juve to do? Come out and say "oops, you caught us"?

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2006, 02:25:35 pm »
He has statistics to prove that the board were innocent.

;D